PDA

View Full Version : Is Naruto still a Genin?

dragonrage
Mon, 08-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes, the guy is more powerful than most ninjas out there, but he hasn't past the exam nor has their been any official or on the field of battle promotion. He is certainly powerful but lacks tactics. So is he really still just a Genin? Will the fate of this war and the Narutoverse be saved by a Genin...... What are your thoughts?

darkshadow
Mon, 08-15-2011, 08:32 PM
short answer, yes; long answer, yes.

dragonrage
Mon, 08-15-2011, 10:44 PM
DS you're one of the best conversationalist I know.

dragonrage
Tue, 08-16-2011, 01:33 AM
sorry about the double posting but

*sigh* I really don't mind the negative rep but at least show some intelligence. I mean use your big guy words, we are all somewhat mature here and should have a greater vocabulary.

If this is a revenge rep because you don't have the balls enough to come out on the forums and actually let yourself be known, please show some originality and be specific.

Patriot
Tue, 08-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Well for what its worth, I agree with your answer and will give you some positive rep to negate the negative rep..

dragonrage
Tue, 08-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Thank you patriot, but it really wasn't necessary. Like I said I don't mind the negative rep. But thanks anyways.

What I am trying to discuss here is if the whole ninja ranking system invalid when it comes to Naruto. If I remember correctly it hold some relevance in gauging a countries strength and how many mission are assigned and what not. But seeing that they are at war, that may a be a mote point. But there have been on the field promotions; ie the third Hokage who was promoted by the second hokage and kakashi who was promoted by the fourth.

These to promtions were carried out by the Hokage himself, is it that Naruto hasn't spent enough time with the fifth Hokage and this is just an oversight or was it all a ploy to keep him within the village or for him to always have someone by his side to protect him since it is obvious that the village leaders wanted to control his activity outside the village; unsuccessful as it may have been.

What do you guys think?

yapchagi
Tue, 08-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Naruto doesn't need those stupid exam anymore. He'll go straight to Hokage! He's the most powerful dude & pretty much the only one who can evade Raikage's super fast lightning attack.

poopdeville
Tue, 08-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Naruto is probably still "officially" a genin, but the ninja world is changing around him. At least two Kages are aware of his strength and respect him. So the role in gauging the strength of nations the title "chuunin" or "jounin" play is diminished in his case. Also, gauging the strength of nations will probably become less important in the future, since the ninja nations have united against a common enemy, and the author is making a point of making the Kage seem committed to it.

Also, there is a case to be made that Naruto implicitly got a field promotion to Chuunin when he ordered Tsunade and everybody else to stay out of his fight with Pein (and Tsunade listened). Genin are not supposed to command. Only chuunin and jounin can be team leaders. And Tsunade implicitly acknowledged that Naruto is capable of making command decisions. Who knows if she did the paperwork afterwards, though. We all know how much she hates paperwork.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 08-16-2011, 03:41 PM
From what I can gather, Payne also didn't advance in the ranks... in fact, he's probably not even a genin (seeing as he was taught outside a village).although, he probably can give himself an honorary rank as a land lord.

ninja ranks are kind of like having a Extra curricular activities and recommendations on your resume, everybody has them, and it seems like the 'proper' way to get a job, but it can be ignored in favor of special achievements or good networking.

Archangel
Tue, 08-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Technically, yes.

I have a theory that it will be mentioned once he becomes Hokage or defeats Madara, either that or Kishi just didn't feel it was worth wasting any time on such things

Carnage
Fri, 08-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Powerlevels in this series have been fucked up since Part 2 began. Not much a point in trying to rationalize particular details at this point.

As for the neg rep, its probably from someone who is just going around throwing random reps so that he can rep the same person again with a positive rep.

Y
Fri, 08-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Just a note: Genin, Chuunin, and Jounin have never been "power levels". The strongest fighters in the tournament portion of the Chuunin Exam were not promoted, while Shikamaru was promoted despite giving up. I argued about this a bunch with Assertn like a million years ago, when I was arguing that the majority of the main cast would whoop the shit out of most Jounin.

EpyonNext
Fri, 08-19-2011, 11:35 PM
the majority of the main cast would whoop the shit out of most Jounin.

They pretty much were by the end of the first series.

viperwasp
Fri, 10-21-2011, 04:41 AM
Powerlevels in this series have been fucked up since Part 2 began. Not much a point in trying to rationalize particular details at this point.

As for the neg rep, its probably from someone who is just going around throwing random reps so that he can rep the same person again with a positive rep.

Thats the thing with Power Levels... Naruto has none... Bleach and Dragon Ball Z have a direct system for tracking power levels. And those with the higher power level often win.

In Naruto it comes down to the situation, experience and strategy. With an added hint of luck... Well actually luck is part of the situation. For example in Naruto the most basic two things you would assume represent strength are how much Chakra one has an there title. And to a point that is true but the measure of chakra along has almost never been used as a plot means to determine who should win in a fight. Titles used to play a more important role back in the time were we only knew so many characters and the genins we knew were new genins so the strength between them and the teachers or other higher ranked ninja was obvious. But in reality the title does not mean much at all.

Archangel
Fri, 10-21-2011, 06:27 AM
In Naruto it comes down to the situation, experience and strategy. With an added hint of luck...

You misspelled One Piece

peregrine
Fri, 02-24-2012, 06:13 AM
He is certainly powerful but lacks tactics.

I just thought I would be nice to add here; he may not be the most tactical ninja, but it's mentioned by Genma after Naruto's fight with Neji that Naruto was always planning his next move.

He's always resourceful, even if he does act like a complete moron most of the time

Assertn
Sat, 02-25-2012, 12:56 AM
You misspelled One Piece

I'd say luck is one of the biggest qualities on Luffy's behalf. Then situation and experience, with a hint of strategy.

rockmanj
Sat, 02-25-2012, 11:59 AM
He is basically just a GINO (genin in name only). He has shown excellent leadership qualities and pretty good tactics. Plus is adept in building relationships and can basically generate experience if he needs more. Hokages have advisors to handle stuff anyway. It is not like they would want the Hokage to know everything.

gos27
Sun, 02-26-2012, 04:13 PM
He's gotten more tactical in recent episodes if you ask me. He's always had a tactical side to him too, just more so now.

bigmarkg2
Mon, 02-27-2012, 02:29 AM
Maybe almost of the main characters will have different experience. They are different from other people .
Though naruto do not have the exam, but he got the chance to go out to exercise himselve while others do not have this chance in naruto manga (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/). I think it is more important than the stupid exam, though maybe the exam is exercting.