PDA

View Full Version : TV: Suits

Munsu
Sat, 08-06-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYUQKm2nZNE

Suits started on USA earlier this Summer, and I have to say that it has been my favorite Summer show. I watched all 7 episodes that are out last night. It's a legal drama show, so if you like those this should not be missed.

Anyone here has seen it?

ABOUT SUITS

Even the best lawyer in New York City can use some help.

While running from a drug deal gone bad, Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams), a brilliant young college-dropout, slips into a job interview with one of New York City's best legal closers, Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht). Tired of cookie-cutter law school grads, Harvey takes a gamble by hiring Mike on the spot after he recognizes his raw talent and photographic memory.

Mike and Harvey are a winning team. Even though Mike is a genius, he still has a lot to learn about law. And while Harvey may seem like an emotionless, cold-blooded shark, Mike's sympathy and concern for their cases and clients will help remind Harvey why he went into law in the first place. Mike's other allies in the office include the firm's best paralegal Rachel (Meghan Markle) and Harvey's no-nonsense assistant Donna (Sarah Rafferty) to help him serve justice.

Proving to be an irrepressible duo and invaluable to the practice, Mike and Harvey must keep their secret from everyone including managing partner Jessica (Gina Torres) and Harvey's arch nemesis Louis (Rick Hoffman), who seems intent on making Mike's life as difficult as possible.
http://www.usanetwork.com/series/suits/

Zati
Sat, 08-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Yep, I've been watching it, Munsu. I really love good lawyer/attorney shows, so this one was no exception. But, what I like about "Suits" is that it makes it very hip, and just extremely entertaining. From the swanky buildings, the attire, the dialogue, the cases, it's all perfect, in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoy all the bantering back and forth between Harvey, Ross, Pearson, and Louis. Harvey's secretary, Donna, is hilarious as well.

Harvey's the man!

There's been quite a few of new legal/courtroom dramas lately: Fairly Legal, Franklin & Bash, The Good Wife, Harry's Law, The Defenders (canned), The Whole Truth (canned), Outlaw (canned)

Also, there are going to be a few more come Fall/Winter.

Munsu
Sat, 08-06-2011, 02:46 PM
I was enjoying The Defenders, and had it been in a less successful network, it would have been renewed. CBS shows were just doing so well and someone had to be cut to make room for new shows.

I'm also watching Franklin & Bash, a fun series.

Munsu
Thu, 08-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Show was renewed for a second season, with 16 episodes.

Zati
Thu, 08-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Excellent news, man. It's easily become one of my favorites.

Will definitely be tuning in tonight for another brilliant episode!

It's a shame what happened to "The Defenders". It had solid ratings, but CBS is so strong as a network right now, I guess they had to make room for even better shows.

It's going to be a jam-packed Fall/Winter for me, so many fascinating and intriguing shows that I'm itching to watch.

Sapphire
Fri, 09-02-2011, 06:52 AM
This show is awesome! Started on episode 5. He owned those drug dealers.

Munsu
Fri, 09-02-2011, 09:50 AM
See, I watch a lot of crap, but when I recommend something get on it!

Inazuma
Fri, 09-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I approved of this high quality content.

TwisT
Sat, 09-03-2011, 10:21 PM
This have been my second favorite Summer show, second only to Game of Thrones. Best legal show since Boston Legal. Sometimes feel like House if it was a legal show. Like how Mike tells Harvey something at the end, and Harvey will find a solution. Nice to see Zoe again.

I love that in the latest episode Loise won over Mike. I had my concerns when Harvey let Mike handle it alone that he would end up winning. Nice to see that they didn't screw over Loise character by letting a guy without an real education, and extremely little case experience beat a shark like Loise. Even though he is a douche, he's supposed to be a great attorney.

And yea, usually if you recommend something it turns out to be golden. Have doubted you before and payed the price (24, Firefly, House, How i met your mother, Spartacus, Supernatural). BTW next episode is the last. Anyone heard any news about this getting renewed?

Sapphire
Sun, 09-04-2011, 03:29 AM
It got renewed for a second season.

Assassin
Thu, 09-08-2011, 07:16 PM
yayyy....surprisingly i really love this show. I dont know why, its just another lawyer show, but the writing and acting is so good, its one of my fav shows to watch.

Munsu
Sat, 09-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Hmm, cliffhanger season finale. But I think he's not going to go through with it. I don't think we're at the stage of this show where this comes out.

Assassin
Sun, 09-11-2011, 05:25 PM
on the contrary i think he will.....i expect next season they will focus on him trying to prove his worth to her and the company. I imagine patricia doesnt want to let Harvey go since hes too valuable, and im sure the knowledge will hurt the firm regardless, so its probably best to go along with it and aim for damage control

Munsu
Sun, 09-11-2011, 10:49 PM
I don't know, I think if that was that case they would have had him actually saying it before ending the season, instead of ending in a "did he or didn't he cliffhanger".

Munsu
Fri, 06-15-2012, 11:12 AM
It's back.... can't wait to watch the first episode, hopefully tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iKD81gsZWE

Splash!
Sat, 06-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Glad to see there weren't any weird twists with the whole Trevor situation and things are exactly what they appeared to be at the end of last season.

Munsu
Sat, 06-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Glad to see there weren't any weird twists with the whole Trevor situation and things are exactly what they appeared to be at the end of last season.

Yeah, it was an excellent episode. Loved the dinner scene, and then the aftermath of it.

Splash!
Sat, 06-16-2012, 03:10 PM
I liked how Mike is finally embracing his inner Shark, with the way he threatened Trevor and how he dealt with the whole merger situation (Harvey: "Did you slam the plaintiff?" Mike: "No I slammed Everybody")

Assassin
Sat, 06-23-2012, 10:20 PM
great writing. great acting. great music. great show.

edit: Also, Rachel is fucking hot

Dark Dragon
Sat, 06-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Loving this show so far.

The only thing that annoys me is how Mike is willing to share his secret with anybody and then suddenly decided that he couldn't tell the girl he love.

I hope one of the future cases involves the guy Harvey freed going back to sue the state for being wrongfully convicted. He would have leverage against Mike and Harvey since Mike already told the guy his whole story.

Splash!
Sat, 06-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Loving this show so far.
The only thing that annoys me is how Mike is willing to share his secret with anybody and then suddenly decided that he couldn't tell the girl he love.

When was Mike willing to share his secret with ANYBODY? Before Jessica, the only people who knew were Harvey, Donna and those who already knew him(Jenny, Trevor and possibly his grandmother). We don't really know the exact nature of what Mike told the kid that was wrongfully convicted.

Also, he didn't just SUDDENLY decide not to tell Rachel. He wanted to tell her but Harvey forbade him from doing so. It makes sense that he would put his loyalty to Harvey above everything else, especially after Donna explained how he put himself on the line.

TwisT
Sat, 06-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Also when what Harvey said was spot on. He was in that whole mess because he told Jenny and Trevor. Now he is in the same situation again and this time he knows what Harvey told him is true. If it ends badly Rachel would have information that would put him AND Harvey in jeopardy again. And Jessica too. And maybe the whole firm. So he got a valuable lesson from telling "anybody". It can and will backfire if something goes wrong. So i see no problem with him not telling her this time.

Dark Dragon
Sat, 06-30-2012, 08:55 PM
My complaint was poorly worded, so let me clarify.

Mike secret is suppose to be "earth shattering" and is the end of him if anybody knows. Yet, he was a bit too willing to share it during season 1. A lot of what Mike does feels like because the plot requires it, rather than from common sense. He gets this once in a life time opportunity and who is he willing to trust with that secret? His drug dealing scumbag "best" friend who almost gave him up to the cops and only checked up on him because he was looking for the drugs. The girlfriend of that scumbag who just broke up with him and starts a relationship with his "best" friend instantly after. For a guy who's suppose to be smart and clever that's a whole bunch of dumb decision that he made all at once. He acted well out of character because they plot requires it from him, and that's just poor writing.

I haven't seen season 1 finale since September so i had to go back and confirmed that they did indeed went off screen before Mike said whatever he did, so it's excusable in that instance. That still means that we do not knows the exact nature of what Mike told the kid who was wrongfully convicted, but it was implied that it had something to do with his secret and there was no reason for Mike to go there other than that the plot requires it. Now the plots requires that Harvey tells him not to share his secret in the same episode that he got together with Rachel.

Just a bit annoying because i feel like this whole "Mike keeping a secret thing" is really dragging the show down.

Dark Dragon
Fri, 08-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Anyone still following this? The summer finale was pretty good.

The resolution felt a bit too convenient, but i'll let it slide since i really do not like Daniel Hartman as a villain. Maybe it's just the actor, but he really just doesn't have the charisma to come off a big villain. Even when he's trying to be intimidating, it just kinda falls flat sometimes.

This will-they-won't-they thing with Mike and Rachel really needs to end. The whole introducing the random "first love" in order to create another triangle and stall the relationship even further is really old and tired.

It looks like they're planning to deal with Mike not being a Harvard student thing in spring, which is a good thing because that particular plot line really needs to die. I really hope they don't pull the "magical hacker" bullshit again though.

The getting high scene was gold and just shows get chemistry between the two leads. I also feel like they're building Luis up to be the next major enemy. He was pretty ruthless in this episode and it seems the power of being made senior partner is getting to him. Looks like they're planning to have Jessica and Harvey go against each other too, maybe as a way to end the show.

Sapphire
Wed, 07-24-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm following it! Catelyn Stark from GoT is in this arc, as is Varys the eunuch.

Splash!
Wed, 07-24-2013, 01:59 PM
I feel sorry for Louis. Poor guy just wants to be part of the gang with Harvey and Mike.

Munsu
Sun, 07-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Same here... kinda pissed about Mike's decision there at the end myself.

Sapphire
Mon, 07-29-2013, 02:07 AM
They really just shat all over Louis! That's just pathetic.

I guess they were attempting to pull the heartstrings, but that just makes me feel repulsed by Harvey and Mike... Though, Louis should just learn and stop trying to hang out with the "cool kids." lol.