PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 550

Marik
Wed, 08-03-2011, 07:53 AM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Naruto c.550: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?emadaex1rm14dvj) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/y1vldg) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/65686308/1)

darkshadow
Wed, 08-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Nice chapter, it seems pein is more dangerous by himself than when split up....

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Nice chapter, it seems pein is more dangerous by himself than when split up....

Its probably because all paths are on himself. I beleive alive this wasn't posible because of his dried up body. In edo tensei this is possible because the jutsu keeps regenerating his body. If Kishimoto handles this right, this could become the ultimate Nagato/Pain battle.

Itachi's crow was a 1st for Kishimoto... planning ahead!

Tofu #2
Wed, 08-03-2011, 10:54 AM
itachi will go on to face sasuke, and then they wiil live happily ever after with his immortality

toonice714
Wed, 08-03-2011, 11:04 AM
I was thinkin the same thing. Oh well atleast now we know the second most powerful ninja...uchiha shisui. That amount of forethought is hilarious and awesome at the same time.
The 4th and uchiha shisui are characters that are sooo powerful they had to kill them before they got screen time

Sidnne
Wed, 08-03-2011, 11:49 AM
So, does this mean Itachi has been resurrected? Or he just isn't be controlled by Kabuto anymore? I'm assuming once he makes closure with Sasuke, he will still disintegrate like the others have.

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-03-2011, 12:02 PM
He is no longer under Kabuto's control... but I would assume that is Kabuto releases the technique Itachi should desintegrate. If Itachi manages to remain it will be ridiculous.

Kenco
Wed, 08-03-2011, 01:43 PM
He is no longer under Kabuto's control... but I would assume that is Kabuto releases the technique Itachi should desintegrate. If Itachi manages to remain it will be ridiculous.

Bloody bastard planned this all along. Things are too tiresome right now, I'll just die now and get resurrected later without any work because Oro thinks I'm a badass. Sasuke is going to shit brix when he sees me!

DB_Hunter
Wed, 08-03-2011, 02:07 PM

Technically if Kabuto managed to release Itachi in order to disintegrate him that would mean Itachi had not broken free of Edo Tensei, which he clearly states he has. I think the only way Itachi will disintegrate now is when gets emotional closure, which means Sasuke being saved by Naruto.

Until then, expect a mega Itachi vs Nagato battle, followed by Itachi vs Madara.

poopdeville
Wed, 08-03-2011, 02:20 PM
It's too bad Shisui's genjutsu didn't affect Kabuto instead of Itachi... Having the zombie army suddenly flip against Madara would have been mightily useful.

Good chapter though. Itachi's plan was sensible and plausible, given the mythology of the story.

Archangel
Wed, 08-03-2011, 02:40 PM
So why did Itachi use the Genjutsu on himself? Was he not confident that Bee and naruto could take them both on by themselves?

unandpw
Wed, 08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
So why did Itachi use the Genjutsu on himself? Was he not confident that Bee and naruto could take them both on by themselves?

It was an automatic reaction to his Mangekyo, which was originally intended for Sasuke.

darkshadow
Wed, 08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
He didn't? Did you forget about the whole "under control edo tensei" thing? He didn't expect it would be used against himself, but against sasuke.

poopdeville
Wed, 08-03-2011, 03:13 PM
He didn't use it on himself. The crow activated automatically when it saw his MS. Itachi was planning on being dead at this point.

enkoujin
Wed, 08-03-2011, 04:15 PM

Here's my take on what happened:

Itachi was still under Kabuto's control when he used Mangekyou Sharingan.
The Mangekyou Sharingan was countered with the crow's eye which commanded Itachi to "protect Konoha" instead reversing Kabuto's mind control.
Itachi is still undead, but chances are that he will still be able to disintegrate via emotional closure (which will probably happen after he talks to Sasuke). From the looks of it, Kabuto has lost control of Itachi and cannot dismiss him.

Well, from all of this, I guess this will make the battle between Naruto and Sasuke more balanced now that there is no chance that Naruto has access to the Sharingan anymore unless it turns out that Naruto can tap into his diluted Senju bloodline and pull out a trick to reactivate Shisui's Koto Amatsukami again.

Assertn
Wed, 08-03-2011, 04:23 PM
So Shishui's mangekyou can only be activated once every 10 years or faster with Hashirama's chakra, which is why Itachi couldn't use the mangekyou, but apparently Naruto could because of... Yamato's Hashirama chakra? Sometimes I hate the way Kishimoto tries to justify things.

Edit: Also, Danzou took one of the other eyes? That seems a bit scandalous, for him to get away with. Was Itachi part of ROOT? If so, it was possible that Shishui was as well, and so he gave it willingly to Danzou. I don't recall Danzou ever doing anything that utilized Shishui's genjutsu, though.

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Wasn't Danzou able to use Izanagi thanks to Shisui's eye?

Sidnne
Wed, 08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/65686308/18

What the heck is up with the snake and the frog in the middle frame? lol The snake seems to be holding Naruto with it's tongue, but where the heck did it come from??

enkoujin
Wed, 08-03-2011, 06:03 PM
So Shishui's mangekyou can only be activated once every 10 years or faster with Hashirama's chakra, which is why Itachi couldn't use the mangekyou, but apparently Naruto could because of... Yamato's Hashirama chakra? Sometimes I hate the way Kishimoto tries to justify things.

Itachi could have used Shisui's Mangekyou, but chose not to do so against Sasuke because there were meanings he wanted to project on Sasuke so that he could naturally choose the path Itachi had wanted him to do without actually forcing him to do so (that is why the crow acts as a last resort). Naruto was able to use the crow involuntarily because a genjutsu was already placed on the eye to react to another's Mangekyou sight.

Edit: Also, Danzou took one of the other eyes? That seems a bit scandalous, for him to get away with. Was Itachi part of ROOT? If so, it was possible that Shishui was as well, and so he gave it willingly to Danzou. I don't recall Danzou ever doing anything that utilized Shishui's genjutsu, though.

Itachi was not a part of ROOT. The only reasonable explanation is that Danzou simply went grave-digging up Shisui's body and took his one eye that was left.

Wasn't Danzou able to use Izanagi thanks to Shisui's eye?

Yes, he was.

What the heck is up with the snake and the frog in the middle frame? lol The snake seems to be holding Naruto with it's tongue, but where the heck did it come from??

I think it's more symbolic rather than anything else. The symbolism was meant to imply that Naruto got trapped/is fighting against a formidable opponent.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 08-03-2011, 06:13 PM
That's not a frog, it's Nagato's chameleon summon.

FireEmblem
Wed, 08-03-2011, 07:06 PM
The chameleon summon has two heads, one of which is on the tail, that's why there are both a chameleon head and a snake head in that shot.

@assertn - The jutsu he used at the kage summit on Mifune was probably this or some variation of this.

toonice714
Wed, 08-03-2011, 09:17 PM
With uchiha shisui's eye tech extinguished there is no way for sasuke to get hit with the genjutsu from shisui's eye. Unless they use some way to say naruto can use the 1st's cells/blood etcto revive the technique. It is for the better if the tech stays done for now anyways. Now sasuke can show up se his brother stay unswayed from the speech then have naruto fight him and give him the ultimate shonen speech then Madara takes a cheap shot at weakend naruto.....he goes to finish him and complete his plan when....REDEMPTION! Sasuke is good again! Good ol friendship speeches and bonds that can never be severed. Ninjas arent tools speech, final rasengan/chidori tech, and roll them credits as the 4th ninja war comes to a close. Where ever they end that battle will be the historical landmark of their time like the valley of the end.

GG Kishi

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 08-03-2011, 09:39 PM
1) It showed Shisui alive with 1 eye missing, saying Danzo took it. He then willing gave up the other eye to Itachi. Later he was found dead with the suicide note, knowing Itachi and him seemed to be BFFs.

2) Danzo has the first's cells, that would explain why it took a few hours to reactivate the Sharingan instead of a decade.

3) Looks like Nagato is sucking the chakra out, giving him more fuel. (*NOTE THEORY: This could also explain with only one to control, Kabutomaru is able to exert more control over him instead of splitting it to the both of them.)

4) Guessing Naruto will have to go back to Sage Mode and turn him to stone, effectively sealing away Nagato as a statue.

Itachi was always pretty bad-ass-mofo, but this just shows how calm and collective he's been has all been part of his plan. Knowing what we've seen, I would put it past him to just release himself once this war is over.

Assertn
Thu, 08-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Itachi could have used Shisui's Mangekyou, but chose not to do so against Sasuke because there were meanings he wanted to project on Sasuke so that he could naturally choose the path Itachi had wanted him to do without actually forcing him to do so (that is why the crow acts as a last resort). Naruto was able to use the crow involuntarily because a genjutsu was already placed on the eye to react to another's Mangekyou sight.
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/65686308/13
Yes there were meanings he wanted to project, but he had some weird technical excuse as to why he couldn't as well.

Itachi was not a part of ROOT. The only reasonable explanation is that Danzou simply went grave-digging up Shisui's body and took his one eye that was left.Itachi received the order to kill the Uchiha clan from Danzou. I suppose he could've acted on his own accord rather than as a ROOT agent, though. However, Danzou definitely got Shisui's eye before he died, as they clearly showed Shisui in this chapter with his right eye missing.

SilentSnake
Thu, 08-04-2011, 06:31 AM
I don't recall Danzou ever doing anything that utilized Shishui's genjutsu, though.

Kage summit. Danzou takes control of the samurai master with Shisui's eye.

@assertn - The jutsu he used at the kage summit on Mifune was probably this or some variation of this.

Somehow missed that ;)

I'm pretty sure that was the case, they mentioned Shisui there and said he was being controlled without him noticing.

Psyke
Thu, 08-04-2011, 08:10 AM
So...... if Kabuto catches that crow he can revive Shishui?

It's bird catching time.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 08-04-2011, 10:32 AM
'keep your eyes on the birdie...'

TwisT
Thu, 08-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Why would he need to catch the bird? He can just revive him. Nagato's eyes where taken by Madara and Sasuke has Itachi's eyes right now. Still they both got revived with both their eyes intact. So if Kabuto want to revive Shishui he can just do so. If anyone want that eye it would be Madara who seem to be the eye collector.

Sidnne
Thu, 08-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Why would he need to catch the bird? He can just revive him. Nagato's eyes where taken by Madara and Sasuke has Itachi's eyes right now. Still they both got revived with both their eyes intact. So if Kabuto want to revive Shishui he can just do so. If anyone want that eye it would be Madara who seem to be the eye collector.

Because reviving them requires their DNA, not their eyes. If he already had Shishui's DNA, he probably would have revived him. If he gets the eye, he will have his DNA.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 08-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Wait why can't Naruto just use the Kyuubi chakra to super-charge/accelerate Shisui's MS again?

Tofu #2
Thu, 08-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Why does a UCHIHA bloodline skill require the power of a SENJU to power it?

So Shisui could only use his own ability once every 10 years while he was alive?

According to the naruto wiki, danzou's right arm also belonged to shisui. How did he find Shisui's corpse when nobody else could?

poopdeville
Thu, 08-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Why does a UCHIHA bloodline skill require the power of a SENJU to power it?

So Shisui could only use his own ability once every 10 years while he was alive?

According to the naruto wiki, danzou's right arm also belonged to shisui. How did he find Shisui's corpse when nobody else could?

Shisui could use it any time he wanted, within "other" limits (e.g., running out of chakra). The Senju are distant cousins to the Uchiha, and have potent enough chakra to use the technique, IF they get their hands on the eye.

I don't know about the arm. Maybe Danzou used Shisui's ability on Itachi with his Hashirama cells.

Assertn
Thu, 08-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Where did it ever say Senju are related to Uchiha? Are you thinking of the Kage clan (Pein's lineage)?

Archangel
Thu, 08-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Where did it ever say Senju are related to Uchiha? Are you thinking of the Kage clan (Pein's lineage)?
Well... both clans are descended from the Sage of the 6 paths. That's the legend anyway.

Y
Fri, 08-05-2011, 05:12 PM
This chapter was fucking hilarious. First of all, Itachi's master plan was literally to mind control Sasuke with a permanent Genjutsu to get him to stop being such a piece of shit. What a great guy. Second of all, Itachi simply mindcontrolling himself back to normal is absolute gold, and a wicked fanservice moment (in the real sense, not the creepy sexual fanservice sense). I was hoping that Pain would cast the resurrection jutsu on himself and just come back to life. I mean, why the fuck not? I'm actually eager to see where this goes.

Archangel
Fri, 08-05-2011, 05:31 PM
I was hoping that Pain would cast the resurrection jutsu on himself and just come back to life. I mean, why the fuck not? I'm actually eager to see where this goes.

Ha! I'd even forgive the whole dragon balls moment after the invasion arc if that happened, it would validate all that other bullshit.

Sidnne
Fri, 08-05-2011, 10:12 PM
I was hoping that Pain would cast the resurrection jutsu on himself and just come back to life. I mean, why the fuck not? I'm actually eager to see where this goes.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too and wondering if it were possible. That would be completely badass if Nagato, Itachi, and Naruto showed up together to face Madara.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I knwo we're talking tongue in cheek, but Nagato's ressurection jutsu seemed limited when he did it in Konoha. Whether it was limited due to his emaciated self back then which may mean his new jinchuuriki chakra charged zombie body might have greater greater capabilities. I mean if that is the case, he might as well start resurrecting everyone, including Jiraiya.

Wait...

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 08-05-2011, 11:18 PM
It was more or less one of the paths that allowed for that. He was using it to bring back the destroyed/dead paths. The problem is, even if he could, with the 8-tails chakra none-the-less, he would have to perform it against Kabutomaru's will. They've been shown some abilities to act on their own, but something like that seems out of there.

MFauli
Sun, 08-07-2011, 03:28 AM
Yay, we´ve found a way to resurrect EVERYONE. :/

DB_Hunter
Sun, 08-07-2011, 10:53 AM
It was more or less one of the paths that allowed for that. He was using it to bring back the destroyed/dead paths. The problem is, even if he could, with the 8-tails chakra none-the-less, he would have to perform it against Kabutomaru's will. They've been shown some abilities to act on their own, but something like that seems out of there.

Technically isn't what Itachi did against Kabuto's will? Itachi knew what would happen if he activated his MS yet he did it anyway.

darkshadow
Sun, 08-07-2011, 11:57 AM
He didn't activate, kabutoro did. Pein felt the pressure as amaterasu; it was going to be a genuine attack from kabuto's end.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 08-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Is Kabuto really that well placed and able to focus on each individual and battle? I thought Edo Tensei was more like the person resurrected fights to their best ability in line with the objective set to them by the one controlling them. I can't see how Kabuto would know he jutsu's of all the people he has resurrected, let alone when to use them.

EpyonNext
Sun, 08-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Deus Ex Itachi.

That is all.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 08-08-2011, 03:12 AM
Also doesn't anyone else find it weird that a human eye can fit a crow and work?

LunaticCat
Mon, 08-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Also doesn't anyone else find it weird that a human eye can fit a crow and work?
are you serious? and it's not wierd that you can store a crow or a frog inside a person?

DB_Hunter
Mon, 08-08-2011, 07:55 AM
That's magic, this is supposed to have some science behind it!

rockmanj
Mon, 08-08-2011, 10:56 PM
That's magic, this is supposed to have some science behind it!

It is the intersection of magic and biology.

toonice714
Tue, 08-09-2011, 06:48 PM
are you serious? and it's not wierd that you can store a crow or a frog inside a person?

Get this.....they're ninjas.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 08-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah, but even so it should stand to some amount of scrutiny. It's kind of badly done.

LunaticCat
Thu, 08-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Get this.....they're ninjas.

that's exactly my point. you can't say the one thing is magic and the other one must have some science behind it. it's applying double standards :cool:

DB_Hunter
Thu, 08-11-2011, 12:16 PM
that's exactly my point. you can't say the one thing is magic and the other one must have some science behind it. it's applying double standards :cool:

I was saying it tongue in cheek. You need some rules to stick otherwise you don't have a coherent story.

Edort4
Thu, 08-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Coherent stories and shōnen manga arent close friends I fear. Anyway I personally prefer that we dont get any explanation to these "miraculous" things. Hate it when writers just call their readers stupid to their faces with some new and unbelieveable explanations.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 08-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Coherent stories and shōnen manga arent close friends I fear. Anyway I personally prefer that we dont get any explanation to these "miraculous" things. Hate it when writers just call their readers stupid to their faces with some new and unbelieveable explanations.

Yeah its best they leave it to your imagination. That way there's no way for them to disappoint unless youre the type of person who has to question everything stemmed from their lack of imagination *Spreads hands apart creating a rainbow*

yapchagi
Tue, 08-16-2011, 06:37 PM
can't imagine how powerful Naruto is if he's in Nine Tailed-Mode and Sage Mode at the same time.