PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Fairy Tail Forum

Munsu
Wed, 07-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Trying to keep the forum a bit fresh we decided to create a forum section for Fairy Tail as we've noticed that there's been a bit of an increase of members watching/discussing the series lately.

Hope you guys take advantage of the opportunity of having another series specific forum, to see if it warrants doing this more often. So go do your babes threads and music threads, and download threads, etc.

I'll also be moving the Fairy Tail manga thread over here and going to sticky it. Remember the spoiler rules, etc. and have fun.

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the surprise Munsu.

If Marik could create a Music Thread for Fairy Tail it would be awesome as well.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-14-2011, 02:02 AM
I bet Fairy Tail has some great Babes pics...

But this is cool. I definitely was starting to put Fairy Tail in up there in the One Piece/Naruto/Bleach pantheon.

Was hoping it made the jump to the "Series in Progress" forum...then realized that forum seems to be gone.

Penner
Thu, 07-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Nice, FT deserved its own forum ^^

Munsu
Thu, 07-14-2011, 08:11 AM

But this is cool. I definitely was starting to put Fairy Tail in up there in the One Piece/Naruto/Bleach pantheon.

Was hoping it made the jump to the "Series in Progress" forum...then realized that forum seems to be gone.

"Series en Fuego", and although it had some success at times, overall the experiment didn't work that well, so no more "Series en Fuego" for the time being.

Hopefully discussion picks up a little bit here. I know I have to catch-up to the manga so I'll try to do so soon. The anime I doubt I'll try it any time soon as I don't have much time for it.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-14-2011, 09:42 AM

You know, Fairy Tail doujinshis have been pretty hard to come across.. The OST covers from Marik's music link are pretty damn awesome.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Heck... not only doujinshis... original art from Fairy Tail... even fanart... is hard to come by.

I wanted a wallpaper and couldn't find one... so I ended up downloading the second NonCredit ending and taking a screenshot from it.

Kraco
Thu, 07-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Very true. Fairy Tail has a distinct lack of fanart in general. I don't even dream of finding a nice Juvia image for desktop background purposes. Maybe this isn't an awfully popular show/manga in Japan? Or it lacks the bit older audience that actually has developed enough skills to draw decent fanart.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Well, for starters, Fairy Tail isn't on Shounen Jump. Shounen series that aren't on that magazine do tend to have their fans, but they aren't as massive as one from Shounen Jump.

For Juvia you would need to use a good screenshot like I did (I have Lisanna and Natsu from the 2nd NCEnding)
For instance this one: http://www.anivision.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Juvia.jpg
Also... seems I found a Juvia cosplayer: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Q-u98dWp9Uc/TVC-pf7_QUI/AAAAAAAABZ0/yDiFg3VwFhA/s1600/FairyTail-Cosplay-Juvia-Loxar-Cosplay2-MyAnimeGirls.jpg

Munsu
Thu, 07-14-2011, 11:08 AM
I don't know how the ranking system works or what the hell this means, but this seems to tell me it's doing well:
http://www.rocketpunch.com/mag/?p=2281

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-14-2011, 12:00 PM
That ranks is the week sales Munsu. Volume 27 of the manga sold about 230k copies (adding normal and limited edition) as a new release. It did fairly good on that week... but if we scroll down and see the Naruto volume it has 80k sales that adds up to 800k. One Piece ain't there, but it usually sells over a million.

So yeah... Fairy Tail is popular, but its nowhere near the popularity of the 'Shounen' from Shounen Jump.

Archangel
Thu, 07-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Inb4 Fairy Tail gets canceled when they catch up to the manga :D

Xelbair
Thu, 07-28-2011, 01:16 PM
And i was wondering why the fairy tail thread disappeared from general anime :3

Munsu
Thu, 07-28-2011, 04:28 PM
And i was wondering why the fairy tail thread disappeared from general anime :3

I forgot to leave a re-direct, but when I tried to add one it wasn't working so, glad you found it now.

humpburger
Mon, 08-01-2011, 10:04 AM
I wondered into "General" earlier and told myself if Fairy Tail was on the first page, I'll give it another chance. Turns out it's doing alot better than first page. :p

Inb4 Fairy Tail gets canceled when they catch up to the manga :D