PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 632

Marik
Tue, 07-12-2011, 11:21 AM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] One Piece c.632: SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/eym6ym) | MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t6f3b22emu3v2ij) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/32463671/1)

UChessmaster
Tue, 07-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Did i read that right? Madam Shirley is Arlong`s brother?

Splash!
Tue, 07-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Did i read that right? Madam Shirley is Arlong`s brother?

Maybe there was a translation error earlier that is fixed now.

Hodie (to Shirley): I'm different from your older brother. When I was a kid.. Your brother Arlong was admired by all of us in Fishman District

So Arlong is the brother, not Shirley.

Archangel
Tue, 07-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Wtf, Oda's dying?

Splash!
Tue, 07-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Wtf, Oda's dying?

Well apparently they expect OP to be back in issue #34 so i hope not...

UChessmaster
Tue, 07-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Maybe there was a translation error earlier that is fixed now.

Hodie (to Shirley): I'm different from your older brother. When I was a kid.. Your brother Arlong was admired by all of us in Fishman District

So Arlong is the brother, not Shirley.

Well... yeah, her brother Arlong, that makes Shirley Arlong`s brother. :p

Assertn
Tue, 07-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Well... yeah, her brother Arlong, that makes Shirley Arlong`s brother. :p

What? She's a girl. She has a brother. Her brother is Arlong. Shirley is Arlong's sister.

Speaking of Shirley, I'm going to be angry if it turns out she did get Luffy mixed up with Vanderdecken as someone suggested a while back, and Vanderdecken destroys fishman island with the giant boat.

UChessmaster
Tue, 07-12-2011, 02:36 PM
What? She's a girl. She has a brother. Her brother is Arlong. Shirley is Arlong's sister.

Speaking of Shirley, I'm going to be angry if it turns out she did get Luffy mixed up with Vanderdecken as someone suggested a while back, and Vanderdecken destroys fishman island with the giant boat.

Oh yeah, i got the words mixed up, my english is baaaad.

Is ok, Luffy can still destroy Fishman island by deflecting the giant ship all over the city.

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-12-2011, 02:42 PM
You fail at english Uchess

Another week without Straw Hats... and with the illness of Oda... yet more time *sigh*

rockmanj
Wed, 07-13-2011, 08:42 AM
What sort of illness? How was this discovered?

Archangel
Wed, 07-13-2011, 09:02 AM
What sort of illness? How was this discovered?
By reading the last page...

Munsu
Tue, 07-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Well, I finally caught up since I left off months ago when they first met the Kraken. And I have to say this is the shittiest OP Arc that I remember reading. And to think that this arc was one of the most anticipated.

Archangel
Tue, 07-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Well, I finally caught up since I left off months ago when they first met the Kraken. And I have to say this is the shittiest OP Arc that I remember reading. And to think that this arc was one of the most anticipated.

I think that's just it, we were all off the high of a World War and Ace's Death just to be shown a timeskip... which is always fucking awesome in its own way. Our expectations were just too high and to top it off the next presented scenario ( being underwater ) was the worst possible place to show the Straw Hat's new abilities.

UChessmaster
Tue, 07-19-2011, 05:29 PM
May i ask exactly what part you guys didn`t liked?

Munsu
Tue, 07-19-2011, 05:33 PM
I think that's just it, we were all off the high of a World War and Ace's Death just to be shown a timeskip... which is always fucking awesome in its own way. Our expectations were just too high and to top it off the next presented scenario ( being underwater ) was the worst possible place to show the Straw Hat's new abilities.

My dislike of it has nothing to do with expectations, it simply adds to the injury. In all almost everything has been boring as hell.

@UChessmaster, well just about everything I haven't liked in this arc. Boring plot, boring characters, awful bad guys, and steroids? Come on.

UChessmaster
Tue, 07-19-2011, 05:40 PM
hmmmm tbh, i find this arc to be as good as any other arc and is doing well tying everything up nicely, i eventually grew to like Queen otohime. As for the bad guys, there weren`t many ways you can bring up a competent complete team to fight the Straw Hats at this point when you consider the time skip and the fact that they beat some of the strongest fishmen about 10 years ago already.

I understand the plot was long, but the Arabasta plot was long, Water 7-CP9 was long as hell, same for Skypea, but hey, at the end of the day it was all worth it wasn`t it?

Assertn
Tue, 07-19-2011, 06:12 PM
I like the arc. I think people are just butthurt to get to the part where Luffy fights someone he was never capable of beating before the timeskip.

Archangel
Tue, 07-19-2011, 06:14 PM
I like the arc. I think people are just butthurt to get to the part where [blank] fights someone he was never capable of beating before the timeskip.

Doesn't need to be Luffy, i just want to see some ass kicking

Munsu
Tue, 07-19-2011, 06:51 PM
hmmmm tbh, i find this arc to be as good as any other arc and is doing well tying everything up nicely, i eventually grew to like Queen otohime. As for the bad guys, there weren`t many ways you can bring up a competent complete team to fight the Straw Hats at this point when you consider the time skip and the fact that they beat some of the strongest fishmen about 10 years ago already.

I understand the plot was long, but the Arabasta plot was long, Water 7-CP9 was long as hell, same for Skypea, but hey, at the end of the day it was all worth it wasn`t it?

Water 7-CP9 and Arabasta were awesome from the get go. And I find Skypea to be leagues better than this one. Of the latest arcs, this one is at the level of Thriller Park/Davy Jones or below for me so far. But that Otohime grew on you, well that says it all for me since to me she's one of the worst characters introduced in One Piece, and I hate the princess as well.

And I really don't care about a competent complete team, hell I don't care about Luffy, etc. facing weaklings as long as I find the characters interesting in some manner, I just find these characters boring in pretty much all aspects. I just haven't found much to be entertained in this arc, maybe Sanji's reactions and a bit with the flashback.

But whatever, hopefully it'll get better sooner rather than later.

Belial
Wed, 07-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Yeah worst arc so far for me too, can't wait for it to be over ... or for something actually interesting / relevant to happen

Splash!
Wed, 07-20-2011, 10:12 AM
I thought the Thriller Bark arc was the worst, until Kuma showed up near the end. I find fishmen/mermaids mildly more interesting than zombies. Also Moria just plain sucked.

poopdeville
Wed, 07-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Are we really forgetting Alvida and Kuro? This arc is opera in comparison to those stinkers. The only thing going for Alvida and Kuro was the novelty of a pirate made of rubber, and our wanting to give it a chance to work.

Munsu
Wed, 07-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Are we really forgetting Alvida and Kuro? This arc is opera in comparison to those stinkers. The only thing going for Alvida and Kuro was the novelty of a pirate made of rubber, and our wanting to give it a chance to work.

I didn't read those arcs, I watched the anime and by the time I thought One Piece was great regardless. What the early One Piece had going for it was the introduction of new interesting characters and the novelty of Luffy, so in an entertainment value I put them above this arc easily. To me, this arc has nothing going for it.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 07-20-2011, 01:02 PM
the feeling that I got so far from this arc is that we're going towards a split up-team up, a strawhat & fishmen teams.

if that happens, it's gonna be great.

Assertn
Wed, 07-20-2011, 01:31 PM
The first 5 or so arcs of one piece was pretty lame, imo. They were literally lather/rinse/repeat over and over until Logue town.
1) Reach a new island.
2) Find someone Luffy wants to join the crew.
3) Engage in a series of 1v1 matches between each crew member and a bad guy of comparable ability.
4) New guy joins the crew and they set off.

UChessmaster
Wed, 07-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Oh cmon guys, nothing is worst than Davy Back Fight.

Carnage
Thu, 07-21-2011, 07:58 AM
This arc seriously is not that bad, and its just starting to become very interesting. I think we should give it a chance to finish before we judge it.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Oh cmon guys, nothing is worst than Davy Back Fight.

Agreed completely. Foxy was just plain terrible. Saving points of that mini-arc were Afro-Luffy and the introduction of Aokiji.

chambers
Fri, 07-22-2011, 03:44 AM
i always thought every one piece arc started out really really badly then by the end deeper meanings and feelings are brought to light which encourage you to reflect much more positively on the previous goings on.

toonice714
Fri, 07-22-2011, 06:49 PM
I think the problem with this arc is that after the time skip we saw luffy and co. do a lot of of impressive things. I mean almost every character has made a significant jump in one way or another. So now we just expect more from them. The only SH's who have delivered thus far have been zoro, nami, franky, usopp and, brooke(kinda) imo. I feel like for the villians that were presented this arc should have shaped up faster. Seeing as how no enemies of merit were here the SH's should have made quick work of the situation. Also with jinbei being present I'm sure everyone has been slightly soured on the fact that it was implied that he stopped luffy long enough to go deal with hordy. I think all in all this arc will serve as build up for an already great story of what's to come. The upcoming sea is VAST and the mistake the SH's made before entering the new world was that they were equipped for such a journey. I hope this arc serves to just show restraint from the SH crew as a sign of maturity and respect for the grand line. It is bigger than their crew but not their combined ambitions

FireEmblem
Wed, 07-27-2011, 03:48 PM
People should just be patient...