PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 547

Marik
Tue, 07-12-2011, 08:01 AM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Naruto c.547: SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/q9w7jo) | MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mw0wfpnjjdmc26w) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/75426197/1)

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Redeeming time? Terrible...

darkshadow
Tue, 07-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Well I always though that aspect was a bit odd and figured it was a lie; and we need to get everything out of the way before naruto can finally end this manga...
Oh and page19 is awesome

MFauli
Tue, 07-12-2011, 11:43 AM
great chapter. no bullshit jutsu, just awesome classic sand-ninja battle.

poopdeville
Tue, 07-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Bad retcon. Gaara/Shukaku was one of the first and best examples of ninja villages having to use human sacrifice for great power. It was even better that Gaara+Shukaku turned into a chimera the village couldn't control. I guess Kishimoto had to explain how Gaara kept his sand powers after losing Shukaku.

At least the character development was okay. And the four Kage were pretty funny.

darkshadow
Tue, 07-12-2011, 01:07 PM
The sand power was never shukaku, shukaku just provided automatic defense.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 07-12-2011, 06:10 PM
it's emerging as a common theme in Naruto...
Neji: Actually, your dad loved the main family
Sai: Actually, you loved your brother.
Sasuke: Actually, your brother loves you and did everything for the village.
Naruto: Actually, you've got parents and they really loved you.
Gaara: Actually, your mom loved you, and so did your uncle.

maybe if the ninja parents were better parents we wouldn't have so many dead ninjas to resurrect.

incidentally, this retcon proves gaara's entire life philosophy to be wrong and the process he went through as invalid. sucks to be him.

Assertn
Tue, 07-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Maybe, but his dad still told Gaara that his mom hated him. That's just about as bad, isn't it?

DB_Hunter
Wed, 07-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Wasn't it his aunt who told him that his mother hated him? Besides, it shows he wasn't insane back in the chunnin exam arc when he was babbling on to the sand inside his shell and calling it 'mother'.

Assertn
Wed, 07-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Wasn't it his aunt who told him that his mother hated him? Besides, it shows he wasn't insane back in the chunnin exam arc when he was babbling on to the sand inside his shell and calling it 'mother'.

Yashamaru is his uncle, not aunt. And that's irrelevant. Gaara's dad was the one who told Yashamaru to say that.

rockmanj
Thu, 07-14-2011, 07:57 AM
And he was still very insane, since he was not sleeping at all.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 07-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Actually that's another point, why are his eyes still circled by dark rings?

rockmanj
Thu, 07-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Actually that's another point, why are his eyes still circled by dark rings?

Maybe they became permanent from not sleeping for about 13 years or so. Or he likes to wear eye makeup. It looks like a lot of guys go for that "Dave Navarro" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dave_Navarro_2010.jpg) look in the Hidden Sand.

Assertn
Thu, 07-14-2011, 07:10 PM
I was moreso wondering why his dad's eyes are circled by dark rings

toonice714
Thu, 07-14-2011, 07:34 PM
at some point he might have also had a need to be awake for long periods of time. I'm sure gaara isn't the first ninja to use the forced sleep technique. Hey atleast he'll never have to buy ambiens ^o^
Anyways when is it gonna be time for sasuke to show up with his body riddled with sharingan

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 07-15-2011, 07:47 PM
at some point he might have also had a need to be awake for long periods of time. I'm sure gaara isn't the first ninja to use the forced sleep technique. Hey atleast he'll never have to buy ambiens ^o^
Anyways when is it gonna be time for sasuke to show up with his body riddled with sharingan

Why would any other ninja use a force sleep technique on themselves?

I did think that it was strange that Gaara was born with the dark circles around his eyes. Maybe it is just a ginga-ninja thing among that family.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-15-2011, 09:20 PM
His father didn't have the rings in any of the previous flashbacks, nor did he have them when oro disguised as him; he also didn't have them when gaara was born in this very chapter...

rockmanj
Sat, 07-16-2011, 11:33 AM
It looked like they popped up when he used his techniques. A lot of sand shinobis do seem to like using eyeshadow.

toonice714
Sat, 07-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Why would any other ninja use a force sleep technique on themselves?

I did think that it was strange that Gaara was born with the dark circles around his eyes. Maybe it is just a ginga-ninja thing among that family.

Why is there such a technique anyway? If you are suffering from such bad insomnia that you get circles under your eyes wouldn't you just....pass out. I mean the only reason he didn't sleep is because he would get overpowered by the shukaku. Wouldn't that make more sense to have a technique that forced you not to sleep instead of the former? And then since such a technique exists is it totally unplausible that gaara was the first and only ninja plagued by insomnia by the shukaku? Surely other hosts might have had the need to force sleep to induce the shukaku transformation.

tl;dr its possible gaara isn't the first to use such a technique when previous host could have done the same.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Forced sleep is used for the shukaku transformation, that doesn't mean Gaara was just randomly transforming. It's more likely that gaara couldn't sleep without the technique. (Though in the real world that would mean he would just die of sleep deprivation...).

enkoujin
Mon, 07-18-2011, 04:38 AM
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff434/sanriokittyx/Gotwoot%20Forums/3a7cb087.jpg

Man Claims Not Sleeping for 33 Years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Ngoc)

As you can see, it's just Kishimoto's artistic representation of insomniacs. That or hereditary genetics.