PDA

View Full Version : Anime vs. Manga

UChessmaster
Sun, 07-10-2011, 10:54 PM
So i just came to a realization, i hate hate hate the Bleach manga, but i like the anime (not as much as before, but still enjoy it) and i keep wondering why, even though it`s the same show, in my opinion the Anime has a good flow, good animation, good fights, while the manga... the manga sucks balls... BALLS!

Am i alone in this? am i crazy? what are your opinion on this?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 07-11-2011, 05:24 AM
I have this feeling for pretty much every shounen series.

I never understood why, in a series like Bleach, which pretty much hinges on it's flashy spectacular battles, you would want to experience it in silent, still, black and white images instead of with animation and color and a soundtrack.

It's not like the series is Shakespear. Big dumb fights is all this series has going for it really, and big dumb fights just aren't as awesome in manga. That's just obvious.

It doesn't help in Bleach's case though that most of it's filler arcs are actually better than it's canon arcs...

darkshadow
Mon, 07-11-2011, 06:36 AM
I feel most fights are better in the manga, this goes for naruto as well. In the manga they are more visceral and uncensored. I mean just compare my sig to the glowy bs sword in the anime.

Y
Mon, 07-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I have this feeling for pretty much every shounen series.

I never understood why, in a series like Bleach, which pretty much hinges on it's flashy spectacular battles, you would want to experience it in silent, still, black and white images instead of with animation and color and a soundtrack.

The animation is dreadful, the still images from the anime rough and haphazard copies of the manga's panels, and the soundtrack is Shiroh Sagisu's worst work. Kubotite is a terrible storyteller but has an eye for the page in his better moments, and his miserable plots aren't improved in the slightest by interns banging out anime storyarcs.

Both movies were pretty decent for what they were, though.

Carnage
Mon, 07-11-2011, 08:23 PM
The anime has some of the worst pacing I've ever seen, even in the midst of battles. And thats because pumping 1 chapter of 19 blank pages really only gives you 30 seconds in each episode. Post Soul Society, the manga is leagues better. (Save for the few very well animated fights, such as Grimjow vs Ichigo).

DarthEnderX
Tue, 07-12-2011, 03:42 AM
The animation is dreadfulCouldn't disagree more. Bleach has a lot of flaws, but badly animated isn't one of them.

The anime has some of the worst pacing I've ever seen, even in the midst of battles. And thats because pumping 1 chapter of 19 blank pages really only gives you 30 seconds in each episode. Post Soul Society, the manga is leagues better.I've read most of the Hueco Mundo chapters now, and no, it's not. The anime is paced badly because the manga is paced even WORSE.

Carnage
Tue, 07-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Couldn't disagree more. Bleach has a lot of flaws, but badly animated isn't one of them.

I've read most of the Hueco Mundo chapters now, and no, it's not. The anime is paced badly because the manga is paced even WORSE.

No. At least I can rip through 20 blank pages in 30 seconds. In the anime, you have to sit there and watch the characters breathe for 5 minutes until one of them raises their sword, and then its another 8 minutes before the other one says anything and then attacks. In a 20 minutes episode you'll find 2 minutes of relevant plot progressing action thats from the manga, and then 18 minutes of bullshit standing around and staring at eachother.

And I have no idea what you are talking about, the animation is flat out awful. Again, save the few fights, such as Ichigo vs Grimjow.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 07-12-2011, 08:23 AM
No. At least I can rip through 20 blank pages in 30 seconds. In the anime, you have to sit there and watch the characters breathe for 5 minutes until one of them raises their sword, and then its another 8 minutes before the other one says anything and then attacks.Or you could do the same thing with the anime that you're doing with the manga. Fast forward.

And I have no idea what you are talking about, the animation is flat out awful. Again, save the few fights, such as Ichigo vs Grimjow.I guess I don't know what you're comparing it too. I mostly hold Bleach up against Naruto and One Piece and compared to those shows, Bleach has much better looking animation.