PDA

View Full Version : TV: Wilfred (US)

Munsu
Fri, 06-24-2011, 11:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjSbrUnZe3g

Wilfred stars Elijah Wood and it premiered in the US on FX last night June 23 10pm EST.

Wilfred is a half-hour, live-action comedy about "Ryan," a young man struggling unsuccessfully to make his way in the world until he forms a unique friendship with "Wilfred," his neighbor’s canine pet. Everyone else sees Wilfred as just a dog, but Ryan sees a crude and somewhat surly, yet irrepressibly brave and honest, Australian bloke in a cheap dog suit. While leading him through a series of comedic and existential adventures, Wilfred the dog shows Ryan the man how to overcome his fears and joyfully embrace the unpredictability and insanity of the world around him.

Wilfred is based on the critically-acclaimed Australian series of the same title and was adapted for FX by David Zuckerman (Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill). Zuckerman also serves as Executive Producer along with Rich Frank, Paul Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz of Prospect Park and Joe Connor and Ken Connor of Renegade, producers of the Australian version of the series. Jason Gann serves as Co-Executive Producer. Co-Executive Producer Randall Einhorn directed the pilot plus nine additional episodes of Wilfred’s first season and Victor Nelli, Jr. directed three. Wilfred is produced by FX Productions. The Australian version of Wilfred was written by Jason Gann and Adam Zwar, directed by Tony Rogers and produced by Jen Livingston.
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/wilfred/aboutTheShow.php

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 06-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Loved it. Awesome concept really enjoyed the whole needing a dog to reteach stuff that society's pliers have bent out of shape. Totally worth a watch, you know its a great show when they can make 30 minutes actually feel like 30 minutes and not rush by like some of the newer louies and always sunnys.

Munsu
Tue, 06-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Watched it a couple of days ago and it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, but it was very good still and interesting. Looking forward to the next one.

XanBcoo
Sat, 07-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Oh man, I loved it.

I watched some footage from the original Australian version, and it seems to be quite different in tone. The Aussie version is way more darker and sinister, and while there were hints of that in the first episode, the American one seems to be more comedic.

At any rate, it's still really good and I can't wait to catch up on the second episode.

Munsu
Sun, 01-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Just watched the full first season, and loved it. Quite an amusing show, though not as funny as I expected coming into it, a messed up show to my liking. Great finale though, don't know where it's going from there considering.