PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 217

Marik
Thu, 06-23-2011, 06:19 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 217 - 720p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=223038) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/uyEYXqr/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20217%20%5B720p%5D.mkv)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 217 - 480p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=223037) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/e6qSndG/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20217%20%5B480p%5D.mkv)

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-23-2011, 01:23 PM
1. I already hate Karin less now that she's not fawning over Sasuke.

2. The Cloud's Feudal Lord looks like a straight up pimp.

3. I was kind of hoping for an exciting climax after all those flashbacks, but looks like we're moving right into political breathers.

AceAlpha
Fri, 06-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Sasuke got blind so fast, but how come his brothers eyes can fix this? I thought that Itatichi's was also nearly blind?

Jessper
Fri, 06-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Sasuke got blind so fast, but how come his brothers eyes can fix this? I thought that Itatichi's was also nearly blind?

The whole tale of Madara explained that he used his eyes to complete blindness, in his agony and despair he stole the eyes of his brother and combined them with his own. This gave him the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, which never wears out. This isn't a case of swapping eyes, they combine fixing the one downside, so it shouldn't matter what state the other eyes were in, with the slight possibility that completely blind eyes might not work (pure speculation on my part).

DB_Hunter
Sat, 06-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Technically if each brother swapped one eye each could they both not have the EMS in one eye, albeit be blind in the other?

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Technically if each brother swapped one eye each could they both not have the EMS in one eye, albeit be blind in the other?Probably.

I'm kind of hoping that when they get back to the village, they'll find out Danzou was saving Shisui Uchiha's other eye and Kakashi uses it to make his own Eternal Mangekyo.

Sasuke got blind so fast, but how come his brothers eyes can fix this? I thought that Itatichi's was also nearly blind?It's ninja magic. Don't try to rationalize it.

lelouch
Sat, 06-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Probably.

I'm kind of hoping that when they get back to the village, they'll find out Danzou was saving Shisui Uchiha's other eye and Kakashi uses it to make his own Eternal Mangekyo.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure he used shisui's eye at the summit, and mentioned waiting for it to recover during his fight with sasuke.

Kraco
Sat, 06-25-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure he used shisui's eye at the summit, and mentioned waiting for it to recover during his fight with sasuke.

It's possible Danzou has kept Shisui's other eye in a jar in order to hide the fact he has any; that is, his one visible eye was a perfectly normal, unexciting eye.

1. I already hate Karin less now that she's not fawning over Sasuke.

Let's hope she won't start to fawn over the warm and opposite Naruto now that she found out bad boys aren't so nice hubbies, after all...

Penner
Sat, 06-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah... i think Karin got a wee bit freaked out when she got a peek at the Kyuubi's chakra lol

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-25-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure he used shisui's eye at the summit, and mentioned waiting for it to recover during his fight with sasuke.Most people have two eyes...

Let's hope she won't start to fawn over the warm and opposite Naruto now that she found out bad boys aren't so nice hubbies, after all...That won't happen. Everyone knows it's one Tsundere per harem.

lelouch
Sat, 06-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Most people have two eyes...

Didn't think of that. Though I'm pretty sure it needs to be a mangekyou to combine it to make an eternal mangekyou, and I don't think Shisui's eye was mangekyou.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-26-2011, 04:06 AM
Didn't think of that. Though I'm pretty sure it needs to be a mangekyou to combine it to make an eternal mangekyouAre you sure? When the concept was first introduced, Itachi was going to take Sasuke's eyes even though he didn't have the Mangekyo yet.

Granted, he didn't actually intend to take them, but would they have worked if he had?

Besides, Kakashi has activated the Mangekyo in an eye that wasn't his own before. He could do it again.

lelouch
Sun, 06-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Are you sure? When the concept was first introduced, Itachi was going to take Sasuke's eyes even though he didn't have the Mangekyo yet.

Granted, he didn't actually intend to take them, but would they have worked if he had?

Besides, Kakashi has activated the Mangekyo in an eye that wasn't his own before. He could do it again.

I'm not positive, I just assumed that was the whole reasoning behind the phrase "Come seek me out when you have the same eyes as me", otherwise any Uchiha with a mangekyou could take the eyes of one of their fallen comrades and make it an EMS. Also Itachi could have taken the eyes of any one of the Uchiha he killed and given himself an EMS.

As for Kakashi, if my theory is correct, I don't think he can implant a Sharingan in his left eye, activate mangekyou, and then move it to his right eye.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-26-2011, 04:31 PM
As for Kakashi, if my theory is correct, I don't think he can implant a Sharingan in his left eye, activate mangekyou, and then move it to his right eye.I assumed it would be the same as I thought Itachi would do. Combine the eyes first, then activate the second eyes Mangekyo the same way you activated your own. Instant EMS.

You know, considering that the only requirement for activating a Mangekyo Sharingan seems to be "knowing the pain of losing the person closest to you", I don't understand why every other Uchiha didn't have the Mangekyo. I mean, it's a ninja world. People are dying all the time.

If you don't have to kill the person yourself, wouldn't there be a new Mangekyo everytime a friend of an Uchiha got killed in battle?

lelouch
Sun, 06-26-2011, 09:20 PM
If you don't have to kill the person yourself, wouldn't there be a new Mangekyo everytime a friend of an Uchiha got killed in battle?

I think you do have to kill the person yourself.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-26-2011, 10:53 PM
I think you do have to kill the person yourself.Kakashi didn't kill Ubito.

toonice714
Sun, 06-26-2011, 11:03 PM
As long as sasuke can fight close to like 4 hokage level battles in one day and there is a pseudo explanation for it, i dont think there is ever gonna be a way you guys can make sense of sharingan eye transplant shenanigans.

lelouch
Sun, 06-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Kakashi didn't kill Ubito.

Who's to say he wasn't forced to kill a different friend later on? Also I'm pretty sure Itachi explained earlier you have to kill your best friend to get it.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Also I'm pretty sure Itachi explained earlier you have to kill your best friend to get it.He also explained that he left Sasuke alive so he could take his eyes.

Who knows what was true and what isn't.

lelouch
Sun, 06-26-2011, 11:57 PM
He also explained that he left Sasuke alive so he could take his eyes.

Who knows what was true and what isn't.

Have a little faith in papa 'tach.

$0ft*
Mon, 06-27-2011, 12:58 PM
omg u guys are just so funny... u are babbeling about things and don't remember anything...

1st. not all Uchicha had the sharingan, only the gifted or "special" ones, who had superior genes - how do u expect them to resurrect Uchicha? simple they rape a lot of women and then one who have the eyes get to be in the ninja army.
2nd. in order to activate Mangekyo Sharingan one needed to have close friend sacrificed/killed, even when Itachi and Sasuke fought - Itachi clearly said u still haven't got the same eyes, then he killed Orochimaru in his seal and BAHH he got them.
3rd. why didnt all have the eyes? not everyone had learned the secret in that tomb or what ever place that was where there was written the secrets, also not everyone had secret intentsions of killing their friends.
4th. ones that read the wall got info (friend must die), some of them did do it. after that happend they read the wall again and saw "ok now i need to kill a buddy with Mangekyo eyes and take them, so i won't go blind if i abuse the powers". -if any of you remember that the further the better the eyes get, the more secrets will be revealed.
5th. Shishui definetly had mangekyo sharingan - how the heck do u expect him to have that genjutsu which controlled people?
6th. if Danzo had the other eye of Shishui, Kakashi becomes Hokage, gets the other eye since the "ROOT" no longer have bad ass DICKtator as their leader and they want new bad ass hokage.
7th. Shishui was good friend of itachi, when he was killed Itachi got Mangekyo Sharingan and saw the terrible truth of Uchicha - which is killing their siblings inorder to advance their own power.
8th. since Madara has such big load of Sharingans I am pretty sure that Eternal Mangekyo isn't the final step, perhaps it has something to do with controlling all the tailed beasts or the fused tailed beast?

anyhow i hope we have good story coming sooner or later and no fillers plez :cool:

UChessmaster
Mon, 06-27-2011, 01:22 PM
5th. Shishui definetly had mangekyo sharingan - how the heck do u expect him to have that genjutsu which controlled people?

As far as i know he didn`t, he simply used his regular Sharingan, it IS capable of doing Genjutsu.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 06-27-2011, 01:48 PM
4th. ones that read the wall got info (friend must die), some of them did do it. after that happend they read the wall again and saw "ok now i need to kill a buddy with Mangekyo eyes and take them, so i won't go blind if i abuse the powers". -if any of you remember that the further the better the eyes get, the more secrets will be revealed.
Good point, but slightly flawed.

Whatever the exact requirements are for activating the Mangekyo. You clearly don't have to have the knowledge before you meet the requirements.

Kakashi didn't obtain the Mangekyo till after he found the tablet, so clearly, there's some technique involved in activating them a person would have to know.

Obviously, you don't have to know shit in order to meet whatever the requirements are, because unless you think Kakashi murdered his best friend during the 3 year time skip, Kakashi met them all BEFORE ever finding the tablet.

As far as i know he didn`t, he simply used his regular Sharingan, it IS capable of doing Genjutsu.While you're probably right, it's not really consistent with what has been shown previously.

Up until now, all regular Sharingan's have the same abilities, and Mangekyos all seem to have different powers.

It would make more sense if Shisui's eye was a Mangekyo. And it's definitely a possibility since we couldn't see it while Danzou was using it's unique power.

6th. if Danzo had the other eye of Shishui, Kakashi becomes Hokage, gets the other eye since the "ROOT" no longer have bad ass DICKtator as their leader and they want new bad ass hokage.
I'm hoping it's something like that, because I don't like the idea of Kakashi's Sharingan going blind. It's so fundamental to his character.

$0ft*
Mon, 06-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Good point, but slightly flawed.

Whatever the exact requirements are for activating the Mangekyo. You clearly don't have to have the knowledge before you meet the requirements.

Kakashi didn't obtain the Mangekyo till after he found the tablet, so clearly, there's some technique involved in activating them a person would have to know.

Obviously, you don't have to know shit in order to meet whatever the requirements are, because unless you think Kakashi murdered his best friend during the 3 year time skip, Kakashi met them all BEFORE ever finding the tablet.

I am pretty sure that Kakashi's Mangekyo Sharingan was "activated" long long ago, but he didn't know it or how to use it - since he isn't the original owner + not an Uchicha. Lot's of people have died, I don't know if GAY sensei is his best friend, but i still belive he had it long before. Also remember when Sasuke left the village he had read the tablet and found out about the secret, this is also why he didn't want to kill Naruto since he didn't want to become the same kind of duche. (ofcourse killing naruto would automatically kill series)

I would love to watch old eps for the knowledge about Shishui's eyes, but I'm 99% sure that he had them, he was the MOST skilled after all...
Shishui had the eye jutsu, if he had the most common sharingan genjutsu on the person in that commitee then it would be so poor imho.
Itachi had Tsukiyomi, which was also something he was best at.
Sasuke might have Amaterasu or even something more better, since Itachi clearly planted some skills... who knows what more...

lelouch
Mon, 06-27-2011, 09:40 PM

We've seen high level genjutsu even from people without a sharingan. With a 3-wheeled sharingan, it's not impossible.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 06-27-2011, 09:42 PM
I am pretty sure that Kakashi's Mangekyo Sharingan was "activated" long long ago, but he didn't know it or how to use it - since he isn't the original owner + not an Uchicha.I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the series that support that conclusion.

I would love to watch old eps for the knowledge about Shishui's eyes, but I'm 99% sure that he had them, he was the MOST skilled after all...
Shishui had the eye jutsu, if he had the most common sharingan genjutsu on the person in that commitee then it would be so poor imho.
Itachi had Tsukiyomi, which was also something he was best at.
Sasuke might have Amaterasu or even something more better, since Itachi clearly planted some skills... who knows what more...

From what we've seen it would appear that the powers of the Mangekyo so far are:

Confirmed

Itachi:
Right: Amaterasu
Left: Tsukiyomi
Both: Susano'o

Sasuke:
Left: Amaterasu
Right: Ability to control the black flames
Both: Susano'o

Kakashi:
Left: Kamui(had to look up the name for that)

Unconfirmed

Madara:
Right: Seems to be the source of his dimensional vortex thing
Left: Unknown

Shisui:
Right: Mind Control
Left: Unknown

DB_Hunter
Tue, 06-28-2011, 12:33 PM
This whole MS thing is starting to sound like an infection.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 06-28-2011, 04:39 PM
This whole MS thing is starting to sound like an infection.I suppose if that disease were hereditary and could be surgically transplanted...and the symptoms were extreme awesomeness.

lelouch
Wed, 06-29-2011, 08:59 PM
I suppose if that disease were hereditary and could be surgically transplanted...and the symptoms were extreme awesomeness.

How many kittens I would strangle for a MS...

DarthEnderX
Wed, 06-29-2011, 10:52 PM
How many kittens I would strangle for a MS...If that kitten is your best friend, just one.

HokageSama
Thu, 06-30-2011, 04:59 AM
I was under the impression you had to take the eyes of your sibling in order to make the MS eternal. Kind of like blood type.

Your siblings were most likely compatible with your own, and merging with someone elses eyes may have unforseen consequences.

Although that is only my theory at this point and nothing in the anime suggests this.

Kraco
Thu, 06-30-2011, 06:26 AM
In the Narutoverse nobody has ever heard of the major histocompatibility complex, so whether it's a sibling or not shouldn't matter. Kakashi has had a total stranger's eye for ages and other characters have had various limbs or organs acquired from nonrelatives. Clearly immunology is vastly different in that universe compared to ours.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Lightning chicks are hot. That is all.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Lightning chicks are hot. That is all.Totally. The Raikage's secretary is smokin'