PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 216

Kraco
Thu, 06-16-2011, 03:25 PM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 216 - 720p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=221496) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/MWACZ4D/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20216%20%5B720p%5D.mkv)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 216 - 480p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=221494) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/VaAuFfx/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20216%20%5B480p%5D.mkv)

- - - - - -- -

Aside from the largely irrelevant flashbacks in the beginning, this was a surprisingly decent episode. I wouldn't have expected to judge a long speech by Naruto to be anything but a bad memory to forget, but in my opinion it worked. Perhaps it's because the whole idea of Naruto desperately trying to bring Sasuke back is a dead horse already beaten far beyond recognition and thus I wouldn't have believed any sensible dialogue could be generated out of it anymore. An achievement worth of some respect that they did and managed to squeeze a little feeling out of that shit.

As a single plot relevant detail I wouldn't have believed Naruto would manage to trick Sasuke into such a trap: That Sasuke won't add to his list of crimes (against Konoha, at least) before he has beaten Naruto. I guess even idiots have their brighter days and geniuses their dimmer times.

redcat
Thu, 06-16-2011, 03:55 PM
FYI the preview for the next ep is a spoiler

Penner
Thu, 06-16-2011, 04:17 PM
So... Madara has an entire wall full of what looks like preserved Sharingans?

Cal_kashi
Thu, 06-16-2011, 05:36 PM
So... Madara has an entire wall full of what looks like preserved Sharingans?

They keep an eye on things when he's not around. You know, hold down the fort, see to it that no unauthorized visitors disturb their sanctum.

So, they pretty much spent the entire episode recapping last week... can't say I'm a big fan.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-16-2011, 06:01 PM
FYI the preview for the next ep is a spoilerWhen aren't they.

redcat
Thu, 06-16-2011, 08:18 PM
well they should only hint on the basic jist of the next ep. not blatantly spoil a big surprise

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-16-2011, 08:42 PM
So, I guess it's official now. Sasuke burned out his eyes in like 2 days.

Fortunately, Madara DID keep Itachi's eyes as well as...a dickload of others.

And he's going after the Rinnegan.

So my theory that all eye jutsu's are descended from the Sage of the Six Path's eyes, I'm wondering if you can implant a Rinnegan and Byakugan into an Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan to make super eyes.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 06-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Still doesn't make sense that he wants Itachi's eyes. Itachi's eyes were blind! How the hell does replacing his own near blind eyes with fully blnid eyes make him see again? Shit just doesn't make sense. Ahh well

Kraco
Fri, 06-17-2011, 01:38 AM
Still doesn't make sense that he wants Itachi's eyes. Itachi's eyes were blind! How the hell does replacing his own near blind eyes with fully blnid eyes make him see again? Shit just doesn't make sense. Ahh well

The whole idea was that if you get somebody else's sharingan to replace yours, you'll get an eternal sharingan. What's the logic, is anybody's guess, but it seems to indicate the eyes themselves aren't going physically blind but something else happens. Maybe they cease to work with the original owner's chakra after having developed into perfection, but will reset to a permanent perfected state when you switch the chakra to somebody else's.

EinReB23
Fri, 06-17-2011, 04:01 AM
i recall something before that when you have eternal mangekyo sharingan you can never go blind? I think itachi said that when he battled sasuke

DarthEnderX
Fri, 06-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Still doesn't make sense that he wants Itachi's eyes. Itachi's eyes were blind! How the hell does replacing his own near blind eyes with fully blnid eyes make him see again? Shit just doesn't make sense. Ahh wellIt only makes sense in the sense that Madara did the same thing and it worked for him.

Madara used his Mangekyo till he went completely blind. He implanted his brothers eyes into his own and obtained an Eternal Mangekyo that doesn't go blind. This fixed his own sight even though he was already blind.

Sasuke's situation is mostly the same, except both him AND his brother were basically blind when he finally decided to implant his eyes. But I expect the final result will be the same.

In addition to getting his sight back, I'm expecting him to, at the very least, gain access to his brothers Mangekyo powers.

Sasuke seems to have a better Amaterasu than Itachi(he can reshape it), but Itachi's Tsukiyomi is a much better Genjutsu than Sasuke can perform.

At the very least I expect Sasuke to gain the Tsukiyomi. In addition, his Susasno'o might obtain Itachi's Susano'o's magic artifacts, the Yata Mirror and the sealing sword.

The whole idea was that if you get somebody else's sharingan to replace yoursI always assumed it was merging the two together, not replacing them.

Kraco
Fri, 06-17-2011, 08:28 AM
I always assumed it was merging the two together, not replacing them.

That could be true. After all, otherwise two persons could just switch their eyes and both would get the eternal mangekyo... Which seems more than unlikely.

x2dazee
Fri, 06-17-2011, 10:45 AM
That could be true. After all, otherwise two persons could just switch their eyes and both would get the eternal mangekyo... Which seems more than unlikely.

But didn't Itachi in his crazy rant say "were each others spare" meaning that's the whole point you swap each others eyes therefore gaining eternal MS.

Btw I'm surprised no-one has discussed Kakashi's move he was about to spring on Madara seems it might have been some kamikaze move since he was hoping Sakura would take care of his body

Any thoughts ?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Kamikaze as in it was going to leave him knocked out? Sure.

Kamikaze as in he's going to die, and he asked Sakura to make him a nice funeral? No, that thought did not cross my mind.

redcat
Fri, 06-17-2011, 02:39 PM
But didn't Itachi in his crazy rant say "were each others spare" meaning that's the whole point you swap each others eyes therefore gaining eternal MS.
what he meant by "each others spare" was whoever managed to kill the other would get the spare.

it was already explained long ago that it comes from combining them

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_q731OhRn_Hg/TCQ9bT7wIyI/AAAAAAAACy8/8mSbBW9YPKU/13.jpg

this guy, whatever hes supposed to be, gives eternal mangekyo when he has 2 sets

DarthEnderX
Fri, 06-17-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm really curious as to what Sasuke's EMS is going to look like. Madara's EMS looked like a combination of his Mangekyo and his brother's.

Sasukes Mangekyo is already so busy, I can't imagine trying to add Itachi's to it and not having it look terrible.

Btw I'm surprised no-one has discussed Kakashi's move he was about to spring on Madara seems it might have been some kamikaze move since he was hoping Sakura would take care of his body

Any thoughts ?Obviously it was his Mangekyo power. We know using it twice in a row almost kills him.

But you know what, now that you brought that up, wtf is with Madara just going "Don't bother using that on me, it won't work." and Kakashi just BELIEVES HIM.

I mean, I know most attacks pass through Madara, but Kakashi's power makes tiny fucking black holes. That might be the kind of thing you can't phase through!

"Naruto, don't bother hitting me with a Rasenshuriken. I'm totally immune to it."

"Really?! Now what willl I do!"

[/IMG]this guy, whatever hes supposed to be, gives eternal mangekyo when he has 2 setsWhile I agree that the backstory says combines, that thing in that picture isn't really there. It's one of Itachi's illusions.

redcat
Fri, 06-17-2011, 03:52 PM
it might be an illusion, but i think its meant to be kishi's way of explaining how it works

DarthEnderX
Fri, 06-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Possibly.

Anyway, anyone else think Danzou would have totally jizzed his pants if he saw Madara's wall of Sharingans?

lelouch
Fri, 06-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Possibly.

Anyway, anyone else think Danzou would have totally jizzed his pants if he saw Madara's wall of Sharingans?

If you look closely at danzou when he's lying on the table you can see a cream stain.