PDA

View Full Version : Book: Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother

rockmanj
Tue, 06-14-2011, 10:08 AM
For some reason, I bought this book just to see what all the fuss is about...it is like reading the confessions of a narcissist, pretty much. There are also some parts that are downright unintentionally funny (like talking about how her dog is special because it is supposedly "descended from wolves"...I guess she never learned that all dogs are descended from wolves). It is kind of interesting...although its pretty grating. I would like to put it down, but I am no quitter.

Carnage
Tue, 06-14-2011, 02:32 PM
I would like to put it down, but I am no quitter.

Its not that you're no quitter; you are just afraid because your mother will beat you with a ruler if you fail :p.

rockmanj
Tue, 06-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Its not that you're no quitter; you are just afraid because your mother will beat you with a ruler if you fail :p.

She actually used a wooden shoe; but seriously, it took a lot of balls on her part to publish this book. It makes her looks really neurotic and insecure. It also gives me some insight into her books that I read about empires and how free market democracy affects global stability (I know, sexy stuff). I almost feel bad for her...but then I remember how privileged she is and how she kind of flaunts that.

Carnage
Tue, 06-14-2011, 07:17 PM
She actually used a wooden shoe; but seriously, it took a lot of balls on her part to publish this book. It makes her looks really neurotic and insecure. It also gives me some insight into her books that I read about empires and how free market democracy affects global stability (I know, sexy stuff). I almost feel bad for her...but then I remember how privileged she is and how she kind of flaunts that.

Dude please, everyone knows what Asians do to their kids. This isnt news lol.