PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 542

Cal_kashi
Wed, 06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
online viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/28815369/1)

Let's get this party started!

On the one hand, decent backstory... on the other bah! stalling. grrr

animus
Wed, 06-08-2011, 11:51 AM
That wasn't too bad. Got a free dose of Yondaime.

Archangel
Wed, 06-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I wish the mods would lock the manga sections to new threads to everyone except Marik, i hate using the goddamn reader

DB_Hunter
Wed, 06-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Lol come on dude that's harsh, I'm sure Cal_Kashi's was just being helpful!

Chapter was good, but then anything involving A and Minato is automatically win.

Carnage
Wed, 06-08-2011, 03:40 PM
I wish the mods would lock the manga sections to new threads to everyone except Marik, i hate using the goddamn reader

Haha I agree, but that wouldnt be fair to others. There should be an option for each individual user "Only display the section as 'updated' if Marik has posted".

Cal_kashi
Wed, 06-08-2011, 04:38 PM

You know chief, occasionally Marik will link only to online viewing. It's not like i didn't mark that is was online.
If anything it's a flag saying next chapter is out, go read it in whatever way suits you best.

LaZie
Wed, 06-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't mind reading it online at all. Thanks Cal :]

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 06-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Yup, helped me get the reading this out of the way. Thanks Jigga-Jack.

MFauli
Wed, 06-08-2011, 06:28 PM
boring chapter. and it seems like the flashback is not over yet :/

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-08-2011, 06:34 PM
so only animus and mfauli comment on the chapter? god damn it Archie. stop deviating threads just because you don't like online viewing. many of us only have that option.

about the chapter...

WTF with Minato praising his enemy like that? Did he 'sense' he was a good guy so he didn't fight to the end or whatever? How can he easily label someone as Madara or Orochimaru as plain evil... but walk away from a battle like this?

MFauli
Wed, 06-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Yeah, that scene felt extremely contrieved. Talking to deadly enemies like that, ugh.

Also, elaborating on why i think the flashback sucks: There are TWO reasons to have flashbacks. One, to flesh out popular and important characters. Two, to reveal some important plot-point. Sure, the flashback isnt over, but so far, there certainly wasnt anything of plot-relevance. And as for #1, maybe I see that wrongly, but Raikage and Killerbee are nowhere near the importance of justifying a flashback exclusively for their own fleshing out. When I get flashbacks about Narutoīs or Sasukeīs past, itīs obvious why it is relevant. When Gaara got a flashback, it was relevant, too, because he was the main villain at that time, so it had plot relevancy. When Neji got a flashback, it was relevant because he was fighting Naruto, made even more relevant due to the fact that Hinata was his friend.
Raikage and Killerbee arent relevant. Bee taught Naruto a bit, but that was so shallow that it didnt have any impact on the reader. Raikage is a hot-headed nation-leader who got pwned by Sasuke, not an interesting person at all. Or, to be more specific, both Raikage and Bee are plot-elements, rather than likeable characters. Thatīs why *I* dont care about this flashback.

SilentSnake
Wed, 06-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Yeah, that scene felt extremely contrieved. Talking to deadly enemies like that, ugh.

Also, elaborating on why i think the flashback sucks: There are TWO reasons to have flashbacks. One, to flesh out popular and important characters. Two, to reveal some important plot-point. Sure, the flashback isnt over, but so far, there certainly wasnt anything of plot-relevance. And as for #1, maybe I see that wrongly, but Raikage and Killerbee are nowhere near the importance of justifying a flashback exclusively for their own fleshing out. When I get flashbacks about Narutoīs or Sasukeīs past, itīs obvious why it is relevant. When Gaara got a flashback, it was relevant, too, because he was the main villain at that time, so it had plot relevancy. When Neji got a flashback, it was relevant because he was fighting Naruto, made even more relevant due to the fact that Hinata was his friend.
Raikage and Killerbee arent relevant. Bee taught Naruto a bit, but that was so shallow that it didnt have any impact on the reader. Raikage is a hot-headed nation-leader who got pwned by Sasuke, not an interesting person at all. Or, to be more specific, both Raikage and Bee are plot-elements, rather than likeable characters. Thatīs why *I* dont care about this flashback.

The way I see it the purpose of this flashback is to make Bee convincing Raikage to let Naruto through believable.

Except that nobody really cares since Naruto could just push through, so basically it's just an unnecessary delay opting for peaceful solution :P

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Kishimonto has a problem with the timing of his flashbacks. they are always far too late for me to care.

so, other than pumping up the epic how fast Naruto is, I don't see the reason. it's been six tailed-beasts too late for me to give a shit about how jinchurinki's need heart and friendships.