PDA

View Full Version : GotWoot Story Contest [DISCUSSION]

Sapphire
Mon, 05-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Signups for the story contest are closing soon. You only have 48 hours (06/01 midnight EST) left to sign up, so hurry and send Sapphire a PM on the forum if you want to join in on the fun!

Rules:

Write a fiction piece that’s between 500 and 2500 words. There’s no theme, so write about whatever you want, as long as it doesn't blatantly break forum rules. Have a title for your piece. PM your story to Sapphire when it's completed. No plagiarism. Attempt good grammar. Authors will stay anonymous to prevent favoritism.

Authors who wish to respond to voters can do so through me in order to keep anonymity.

You have until 6/21 midnight EST to submit your story. In order to remain anonymous until the final result, PM your story to Sapphire when you’re ready to submit it.

Prizes are still up for debate. (Sapphire and the mods are willing to spend some green for something cool). Post any prize suggestions you have below.

When voting time comes 'round, no voting for yourself. You MUST vote in rounds that you are not in.

Voting process: 4 randomly assigned groups of 3-4 stories will compete against each other over a voting period of three days. Then the top stories will duke it out for first and second (and third?) prize.

The top two of each preliminary bracket will move on to semi-finals, and the winners of those will go on to the championships for the grand prizes. Finalists/semi-finalists will have the chance to change/improve/expand and level up their story to keep their voters interest.

# of contestants - 17

All questions/comments/suggestions go here!

PS - Sex stories/cursing is by Sapphire permitted, encouraged even. :D

Sign-Up Thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/19901-GotWoot-Story-Contest-SIGN-UP!!!?p=488815&viewfull=1#post488815)

Promo Story (https://docs.google.com/document/d/10u_MPNs5KwbArz6kX7bNh8JzT5w6wBPXOnq8ljX8gps/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CPLyw-gG)

Preliminaries - Round 1 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/19971-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Preliminaries-Round-1)
Preliminaries - Round 2 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/19978-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Preliminaries-Round-2)
Preliminaries - Round 3 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/19982-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Preliminaries-Round-3)
Preliminaries - Round 4 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/19994-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Preliminaries-Round-4)
Preliminaries - Round 5 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20003-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Preliminaries-Round-5)

-

Semi Finals - Round 1 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20057-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Semi-Finals-Round-1)
Semi Finals - Round 2 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20081-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Semi-Finals-Round-2)
Semi Finals - Round 3 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20116-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Semi-Finals-Round-3)

-

Championships (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20253-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Championships-HALLOWEEN-EDITION)

-

Tie Breaking - Round 1 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20296-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Championships-THANKSGIVING-TIE-BREAKING-EDITION)
Tie Breaking - Round 2 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20297-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Championships-CLUCK-CLUCK-TIE-BREAKING-EDITION)

-

WINNERS (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20346-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Winners?p=505005#post505005)

-

Word limit for prelims: 2,500
Word limit for semi-finals: 5,000
Word limit for championships: 10,000
Minimum: 500 words

You can expand, edit, improve, rearrange, and add to your story, do nothing or anything, as long as its in the same universe as your first submission. You can also change the title.

Sapphire
Mon, 05-30-2011, 08:37 PM
The artsy people got a increased forum signature for being especially artsy. So something with a plot would work for our writers. I'm thinking a book, movie, or video game of choice for the story winner?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Wow, actual prizes! This is getting interesting.

Sapphire
Mon, 05-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Yup. This contest is gunna be badass. I feel like I should cough up money for a figurine, but I'm morally against those!

If I had the money, the prize would be a laptop. I love you guys that much. <3

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-30-2011, 09:23 PM
I think 3 prize options with similar monetary value is ideal. People like different things after all.

Sapphire
Mon, 05-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Agreed. We just gotta decide what the prize options are. And depending on my resources, 2nd place should get something too. Writing an engaging story isn't easy, after all.

I'm wondering if voting should be tournament style, or just put all the stories in one pot and have people vote?

Sapphire
Wed, 06-01-2011, 03:15 PM

Nadouku
Wed, 06-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Any story, huh? I ought to crank up my thinking gears again.

Sapphire
Thu, 06-02-2011, 01:31 AM

Number of contestants: 13

Sapphire
Thu, 06-02-2011, 01:55 AM
Proposed voting process: 3 randomly assigned groups of 4 stories will consecutively compete against each other over a voting period of four days each. Then the top three stories will duke it out for first and second (and third?) prize.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-02-2011, 09:20 AM
That means 12 people signed up? That's actually a lot more than I expected.

Sapphire
Thu, 06-02-2011, 01:07 PM
How many did you expect? 1? :(

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Like 6 or so.

Competition is gonna be tougher than I thought.

Sapphire
Thu, 06-02-2011, 01:27 PM
If you make a cyber story about Ani x Buff I will tots vote for you...

Just kidding.

But seriously.

....Someone make one...

Sapphire
Wed, 06-08-2011, 08:27 AM
12 more days and only one story submitted! Don't forget people.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Expect them to come in near the deadline. That's what I'm planning anyway.

Sapphire
Wed, 06-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Procrastinatorssss

Sapphire
Fri, 06-10-2011, 08:39 PM
TEN DAYS! And I will bust some kneecaps if you guys don't submit by the deadline.

Sapphire
Thu, 06-16-2011, 07:21 AM
4~

days

enkoujin
Thu, 06-16-2011, 11:35 PM
This is going to be so exciting.

Will the next Gotwoot project be making a manga based on the short story winner from this contest?

Sapphire
Fri, 06-17-2011, 06:08 AM
Sure, why not?

3 days.

Sapphire
Sat, 06-18-2011, 11:14 AM
You have 60 hours. (If I'm counting right)

SUBMIT YOUR STORIESSSSSSSSSSS

Sapphire
Sun, 06-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Stories due tomorrow!

Sapphire
Sun, 06-19-2011, 11:05 PM
24 hours.

You might wanna send the story through google docs to preserve formatting.

I let a couple people sign up late, so I'll let others who wish to be in the contest and didn't sign up, submit a story. However, you MUST submit by the deadline which is tonight at midnight EST, and not one second after.

Also, people who wish to make changes to their story, but have already submitted, may do so until midnight (EST) tonight.

Is the 2,500 word max count OK for everyone? Remember, you can go over, just don't go crazy with like 30,000 words. o_O

Sapphire
Mon, 06-20-2011, 12:58 PM
10 hours!

David75
Mon, 06-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Sorry for that one...743
Proscratination really is the ennemy.

XanBcoo
Mon, 06-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Aside from the fact that that was truly terrible, I think Sapphire wanted you to PM her the submission.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Did anyone submit anything?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-20-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm done with mine, but I wrote it in Word 2007. Can I just send that file via email or pm? If you have any recent MS Word software, the formatting should be preserved. Google docs is crashing for me, I don't know why.

Sapphire
Mon, 06-20-2011, 07:18 PM
I PMed you my email, Shinta.

@David75: PM me your submission!

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Submission done.

Sapphire
Mon, 06-20-2011, 11:00 PM
There are a few people who haven't turned in their stories yet, but they seem to be extenuating circumstances for the most part, so everyone gets a 24 hour extension on the deadline. Of course, to be fair, any contestant may submit edits or new versions of their already submitted story until tomorrow (06/21) at midnight EST.

-

Voting for Round 1 starts midnight! It will last for... lets say 3 days to keep things moving.

Sapphire
Tue, 06-21-2011, 08:03 AM
*Rips up pieces of paper for some random sorting*

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Is the 2,500 word max count OK for everyone? Remember, you can go over, just don't go crazy with like 30,000 words. o_O

2.5k words? Wow... now that's short. Enough to describe the surroundings or someone's thoughts. ;)

Sapphire
Tue, 06-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Took you long enough to complain. Now it's too late.
-
1st prize is a 35 dollar gift card. 2nd and 3rd prize depend on mods willingness to pitch in and what everyone suggests. SUGGEST.
-
Rules in first post updated.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Gift card for what?

Sapphire
Tue, 06-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Their choice.

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Took you long enough to complain. Now it's too late.
-
1st prize is a 35 dollar gift card. 2nd and 3rd prize depend on mods willingness to pitch in and what everyone suggests. SUGGEST.
-
Rules in first post updated.

I didn't sign up, so I was just commenting for the sake of complaining.

Seriously though... 2.5k words is reeeeally short. Looking forward to see what Gotwooters can come up with such restrain.

Gift card? Hey Sapph... do consider gotwooters are global.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-21-2011, 09:26 AM
I initally hesitated on 2500, but thought it was an interesting challenge after trying it out.

Sapphire
Tue, 06-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Someone suggested having a longer story contest after this one.

Gift card? Hey Sapph... do consider gotwooters are global.

Americans can't buy gift cards for people in other countries? I'll just give them whatever monetary equivalent.

Sapphire
Tue, 06-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Why isn't anyone suggesting prizes. :( Don't you want incentive to win?

Xelbair
Tue, 06-21-2011, 06:37 PM
i would suggest a steam gift game of choice for up to the cash of the first price as an option.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Cash?

or maybe a nendoroid. I would love that.

Sapphire
Tue, 06-21-2011, 07:27 PM
That's 19 dollars over my budget for first prize. Unless a mod wants to pitch in.... (they don't).

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Why not just set the 1st prize to 35 dollars, then let the winner decide? It's better than deciding on a prize that the winner might not want.

Cal_kashi
Tue, 06-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Why not make the prize related to the theme? Like a Barnes and Nobles or (enter your country's book store here) or maybe Amazon

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-21-2011, 08:41 PM
That's 19 dollars over my budget for first prize. Unless a mod wants to pitch in.... (they don't).

I already said I'd be fine to pitch in. >_>

enkoujin
Tue, 06-21-2011, 09:17 PM
The best thing here to do it is by cash prize - sent by PayPal, bank cheque or money order -whatever works.

If not, buy three random things of equivalent value and then let the first place person have first pick of the prizes and so on and so on.

Cal_kashi
Tue, 06-21-2011, 11:42 PM
when and how does the judging go down?

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Are the preliminaries going to be up one round at a time? It might be better to open all of them at the same time. Doing it one by one will take too much time. The stories aren't that long, so 15 minutes is enough to judge a group.

Sapphire
Wed, 06-22-2011, 06:59 AM
I don't really want to bombard people with fifteen stories. Not everyone has that much time. I'll consider overlapping the times a bit, though.

Sapphire
Wed, 06-22-2011, 11:41 AM
To keep things interesting, semi-finalists/finalists might get a period of time to expand/improve/change their story, so people don't have to read the exact same thing over and over again when voting. The top two results from each preliminary group will go on to semi-finals, which will be remixed and stacked up against different stories, and top stories from there will go on to the championships. The word limit will be increased.

This means there's more chances to win but also harder to win, because you're getting stacked up against more people.

This also makes people have to bankai to win.

This change also addresses people's desires to write longer stories.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Let's just hope us voters have the passion to keep re-evaluating evolving pieces of work instead of keeping our previous impressions in mind only.

I guess my only issue is that for those who wrote a "perfect" story for the length and everything, with the right amount of depth etc.. will find this step challenging.

Not everybody would have been trying to condense a 70K story down to 2.5, but it does sound more interesting than having just the same stories being pitted in for another round. "Edit" is allowed to be a complete re-write, yeah?

Sapphire
Wed, 06-22-2011, 11:49 AM
The more the contest moves on, the more interesting the stories should be. Keeping interest is why the author has to bankai. Or the author can just NOT make changes and keep faith that he'll go to the next round based on that.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Does this mean that the 2500 word limit no longer applies? I don't think that is a fair change, because some people probably wrote their stories around that rule.

I think it is better to keep the stories as is. It would have been fine if this rule has been announced before the start, but not now when the judging has already started.

Sapphire
Wed, 06-22-2011, 02:14 PM
@Buff: Complete rewrites are allowed, it's not like I can tell the difference between rewriting and expand/improving. :p

@shinta: The round after preliminary will have a longer word limit. If you make it past preliminaries but don't want to change your story its up to you. This preliminary round has the same 2500 rule. I'm asking around and so far most of the authors like it.

If an author in a future round really, REALLY wants to restructure their preliminary story for this rule PM me ASAP (by midnight tonight) and give me your new story in the next 2 days.

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-22-2011, 02:47 PM
I think its unfair to change rules on the go. They should have been established at the start and mantain them. If something wasn't liked, take note and take into account next time. Not during the same contest. Its unfair for those that don't advance. Their plots probably suffered because of the limit and won't have a chance to fix it as those that advance.

Sapphire
Wed, 06-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Its possibly unfair to the authors in this bracket if they care. Asked them. They don't.

Asked most of the other authors. They do not care either.

This makes the contest more interesting and I hadn't made any rules regarding semi-finals yet, so I'm not changing them, more like addressing them. And everyone reading the exact same story and automatically voting is not only boring but exasperating. I'm going to improvise and improve, not go with something that's wrong while I can still change it.

But sorry in advance to any author annoyed by this amendment.

If an author in a future round really, REALLY wants to restructure their preliminary story for this rule PM me ASAP (by midnight tonight) and give me your new story in the next 2 days.

Waiting for even one PM from an author...

-

You don't HAVE to change your story. You're just allowed to.

-

If any author would like to respond to comments from the voting rounds, PM me and I'll relay the response to keep anonymity. Just tell me if you want the response PMd or in your bracket's thread.

thecowgoesmoo
Wed, 06-22-2011, 10:56 PM
2.5k words? Wow... now that's short. Enough to describe the surroundings or someone's thoughts. ;)
If Ernest Hemingway can write a compelling short story in six words, I think we can manage with less than two thousand five hundred of them.

Sapphire
Thu, 06-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Almost forgot, they should be in the same font + size next time... Maybe some authors picked certain styles on purpose, but changes reading experience way too much. Should be a pure story contest.

How much is everyone's enjoyment of the story affected by the different fonts/sizes? If they really are, I'll make it all uniform. Kind of takes the personality out IMO though. :(

Edit: Looking at it, I don't think the fonts are THAT different to warrant an entire swing in the vote.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Keep it as is. Presentation is part of the piece.

Sapphire
Thu, 06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
One of our authors wrote a nice promo story (https://docs.google.com/document/d/10u_MPNs5KwbArz6kX7bNh8JzT5w6wBPXOnq8ljX8gps/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CPLyw-gG) for this contest. It will be posted on the GotWoot subs FP.

Sapphire
Thu, 06-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Starting bracket 2, I'll put all the stories on alternate pastebin links.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-24-2011, 12:13 PM
I just want to clarify how the rounds will proceed, so correct me if I am wrong.

Preliminaries
Round 1 - 4 contestants -- two contestants win
Round 2 - 4 contestants -- two contestants win
Round 3 - 4 contestants -- two contestants win
Round 4 - 4 contestants -- two contestants win

Semi-finals
Remaining 8 contestants get randomly divided into 2 groups
Round 5 - 4 contestants -- two contestants win
Round 6 - 4 contestants -- two contestants win

Finals
Remaining 4 contestants are placed in 1 group
Round 7 - 4 contestants -- 1 Grand Prize winner, and maybe other consolation prizes.

So the entire contest is 21 days? That is really long.

Sapphire
Fri, 06-24-2011, 12:51 PM
It's long. Try not to think about it.

Also not yet sure how many people are going to win the semi-finals. Your idea sounds good.

There's definitely a first, second, and third prize.

Keep in mind that people have a hard enough time reading 4 stories at a time, and a lot of voters don't have time to read stories the second they come out.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm just really excited to read the other stories. Right now, it feels like trying to reach for a cookie jar on the top shelf as a kid.

Cal_kashi
Fri, 06-24-2011, 01:53 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that many users are preeminent procrastinators and that if you shorten the voting deadline you'll still get all the votes, but people will just be able to slack off for less time. All Hail the eleventh hour!

Sapphire
Fri, 06-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Some of them are legit busy and don't visit GotWoot every day.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-24-2011, 10:27 PM
You saying I'm not legit busy because I come every day? >_>

Cal_kashi
Fri, 06-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Some of them are legit busy and don't visit GotWoot every day.

fair enough.

You saying I'm not legit busy because I come every day? >_>

I wonder how many more of us are white collar slaves stuck in 60hr/wk jobs.

Sapphire
Sat, 06-25-2011, 06:45 AM
Oh gawd, I fell asleep 2 hours before deadline, that's my bad. Anyway, the poll is ended, the winners are apparent. I'll start bracket 2 when I come home from work. This means the bracket 2 voting period will be about 12ish hours longer than usual. However, I will start bracket 3 at the same time as planned, so there may be a 12ish hour or so overlap.

I wasn't able to get one person's second vote, and he hasn't responded to me in a few days, so I had to disqualify it. Please read the rules and make sure you selected 2 stories before voting, because every vote counts!

Sapphire
Sat, 06-25-2011, 04:18 PM
OH SHIT guys. Friendship and Dicks are tied. OH SHIT! What we gone do!

EDIT: I think the authors of Friendship and Dicks should combine their stories...

enkoujin
Sat, 06-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Run-off sudden death poll between the two stories that will last only twenty-four hours in duration.

If not, have all three stories advance forward.

Sapphire
Sat, 06-25-2011, 04:36 PM
I agree with your second option. I think both stories deserve to move on and duke it out in semi-finals. 12 votes is hard to get.
-
I suggest that everyone use Readability (https://www.readability.com) to read. It makes your story go from Pastebin (http://pastebin.com/YDATgUYt) (or any site) to this (http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/794639capture1309038456.jpg).

Sapphire
Sat, 06-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Word limit for semi-finals: 5,000
Word limit for championships: 10,000
Minimum: 500 words

You can expand, edit, improve, rearrange, and add to your story, do nothing or anything, as long as its in the same universe as your first submission. You can also change the title.

(Authors tell me if you think the word limit is too short before preliminaries are over)

Sapphire
Mon, 06-27-2011, 06:08 PM
What? Two stories are tied again. We need votes in round 2!!!!

Sapphire
Mon, 06-27-2011, 07:18 PM
There was were some drop outs and late entries. Anyway, I need 2 more entries to make a group of 4, so sign up ASAP if you still want in on the contest.

Sapphire
Mon, 06-27-2011, 08:10 PM
In the next contest, I think I'll allow volunteer proof-readers to help out our non-native speakers with grammar. I feel this will help with a more even playing field. (But the editors will not be able to comment on story, only help with readability)

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-27-2011, 09:16 PM
People dropped out?

Sapphire
Mon, 06-27-2011, 09:17 PM
1 person did, probably. IRL stuff. None of the stories that you've seen.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-27-2011, 09:46 PM
I just hope it's not because the reviewers scared him/her.

enkoujin
Mon, 06-27-2011, 09:50 PM
It's funny to note that the one most passionate about this contest, aside from Sapphire, is our harshest critic, Dark_Sage.

Sapphire
Mon, 06-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Note: Pastebin and Readability do not conserve the italics that people used in the stories (like google docs does).

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Please use google docs, readers!

Sapphire
Fri, 07-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Answer to semi-finalists question: Semi-finalists and Championshippers basically do what they want, as long as its in the same universe. This includes adding a chapter or parallel story.

Sapphire
Fri, 07-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I feel like our voting process is rigged (lol at me saying it's rigged, since I chose it), since there's a tie in every round.

Thoughts for semi-finals, anyone?

Sapphire
Sun, 07-03-2011, 02:24 PM
I know I mentioned this in Round 3, but I want to officially mention this in the discussion thread as well:

In this contest, I want to welcome both positive and negative responses to the stories. I don't want people to be too afraid to say something "bad" or "mean" about a story. The official decree is that within the bounds of the forum rules, you can say stuff as "negatively" as you like.

I see that "negative" criticizers feel like they are being frowned upon. I know I yelled at Xan, but all the same, I want everyone to know that his comments and comments like his are welcome. I don't want people to think that disagreeing with someone is the same as not wanting them to post at all.

I myself will tone down on "disagreeing" with people's opinions on stories for the rest of this contest. However, responses to criticism in the discussion thread is still absolutely permitted.

Sapphire
Mon, 07-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Due Date for Semi-Finals: 7/18 Midnight EST

Limit: 500 - 5000 words

Rules: You can expand, edit, improve, rearrange, and add to your story, do nothing or anything, as long as its in the same universe as your first submission. You can also change the title.

Sapphire
Tue, 07-12-2011, 07:55 AM
DUE IN SIX DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Sapphire
Thu, 07-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Semi-Finals deadline: FOUR DAYS!!!!

Sapphire
Fri, 07-15-2011, 10:13 AM
3 days omgogmomgomg

Sapphire
Sun, 07-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Story is supposed to be due tomorrow for semi-finals, but I got a few PMs from contestants who need extension, so general extension is until 7/24/11.

Sapphire
Sat, 07-23-2011, 09:08 AM
SEMI FINALS STORY DUE TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT, OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOMG.

Sapphire
Sun, 07-24-2011, 06:16 AM
DUE TONIGHT OMGOGMOGMGMO

Sapphire
Mon, 07-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Story was due last night! Authors have until tonight to submit story or I'll use the first version. PM me if problems arise.

DeadlyOats
Wed, 07-27-2011, 08:26 PM
DeadlyOats loiters in the lobby, reading the message board, muttering to himself, "when's them's stories gonna be posted? They din't ferget, did they?" :confused:

Edit:

DeadlyOats notices the date of that last post by Sapphire, and thinks to himself, "blast! I gone done put me foot in me mouf againit! They din't ferget - I think..." :rolleyes:

Sapphire
Thu, 07-28-2011, 12:04 AM
I didn't forget. My computer situation is rather unstable at the moment. I'm working on fixing some laptops now. I'll post 'em soon!

Sapphire
Sun, 08-28-2011, 10:51 PM
round 3 open! Vote plz.

Sapphire
Sun, 08-28-2011, 11:09 PM
So there's going to be six winners. Then championship round where 6 stories compete.

Readers should vote on top 1... or top 2 favorites?

Nadouku
Sun, 08-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Just to clarify, there will be all six stories in one bracket, right?

Sapphire
Sun, 08-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Yup. Six in one bracket for championships.

Nadouku
Sun, 08-28-2011, 11:38 PM
In that case, lets go with two votes.

Sapphire
Mon, 08-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Noted. Anyone else have opinion?

Sapphire
Tue, 09-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Championship level writers, PM me about how much time you want to update your story.

This is the final round. As of now, our budget for prizes is:

First prize worth: $80
Second prize: $50
Third prize: $20

So it's in your best interest to bankai that shit and make a winning story.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Final round starts tomorrow. PM your changes to the story by then.

Sapphire
Wed, 10-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Waiting for one more revised story, then starting last round!

Sapphire
Fri, 10-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Final round up, vote plz.

Sapphire
Sun, 11-20-2011, 10:46 AM
TIE BREAKING ROUND 1 (For 1 - 3 place) (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20296-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Championships-THANKSGIVING-TIE-BREAKING-EDITION)
TIE BREAKING ROUND 2 (For 4 - 5 place) (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20297-GotWoot-Story-Contest-Championships-CLUCK-CLUCK-TIE-BREAKING-EDITION)

Sapphire
Wed, 11-23-2011, 11:47 AM
vote~~~~

Sapphire
Sat, 12-03-2011, 02:44 PM
TIE BREAK PLZ

Sapphire
Sun, 12-04-2011, 09:59 PM
all of teh stories are tied?~~

TIE BREAK PLZ

Sapphire
Sun, 12-04-2011, 11:44 PM
CONTEST PARTICIPANTS: Don't make me PM all of you who are supposed to vote individually, please...

Sapphire
Wed, 12-21-2011, 01:50 AM
Ending round in an hour unless there's a tie lol. Get your last votes in!!

Sapphire
Wed, 12-21-2011, 07:41 AM
CONTEST DONE LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL