PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 213

Marik
Thu, 05-26-2011, 07:59 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 213 - 720p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=216627) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/3GBkYPx/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20213%20%5B720p%5D.mkv)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 213v2 - 480p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=216626) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/gAqtBj9/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20213v2%20%5B480p%5D.mkv)

They love dragging this shit out with flashbacks.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-26-2011, 09:24 AM
In all three group releases that Marik posted in the release thread, I noticed a buzzing noise that happens when the characters physically move (most noticable during the first scene of the episode with Naruto in the room). Horriblesubs had the least amount of buzz, from what I noticed.

Anybody else experienced this?

Artris
Thu, 05-26-2011, 09:24 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 213 - 720p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=216627) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/3GBkYPx/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20213%20%5B720p%5D.mkv)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 213v2 - 480p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=216626) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/gAqtBj9/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20213v2%20%5B480p%5D.mkv)

They love dragging this shit out with flashbacks.

Damn. Flashbacks aside, the highlight of the episode was seeing Naruto in sage mode (to find Kakashi I suppose). How sad is that. Twenty some minutes for two black bars.

What was covered from the manga? Maybe one panel? I can almost quote the introductions scene from memory at this point. We've see it so many damn times. At least next week will be fun from the looks of it. Nice to see Sasuke didn't fall for Sakura's lame attempt at being a ninja.

I suppose she was hoping to gain his trust and then offer to heal him. Were she allowed to lay hands on him, as a medical nin, he would be just about finished. He doesn't have any sort of self healing like Naruto (now that Oro is gone) and is pretty beaten up already. Pretty cold of him to ambush her like that though.

Penner
Thu, 05-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Oh come on, even more flashback shit than last week >_>

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-26-2011, 10:56 AM
GRRRRRRAAAAHHHHHHHHH! goddamnit

well, as long as I'm here
GRRRRrrrrRRRah
GRRRRRrrrrRRRRah
GGRRRRRRrrrrrRRRRrrrrRRRRrrrrah!
\go bears

Kraco
Thu, 05-26-2011, 11:25 AM
A wasted week for sure. Unlike Artris, I think the highlight of this ep was seeing Yamato fall to the oldest trick in the Naruto ninja book, as absolutely foreseeable as that was to the audience.

At least next week we should see some real action, though it's a bit strange if Sasuke can effectively fight against Sakura and Kakashi in his current weary condition. It would be a nice record, however, to beat two hokage in a day, haha.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-26-2011, 11:32 AM
I think the highlight of this ep was seeing Yamato fall to the oldest trick in the Naruto ninja book, as absolutely foreseeable as that was to the audience.

That was the *only* scene in this ep =/

yapchagi
Thu, 05-26-2011, 01:09 PM
what a waste of fuck

Mugen
Thu, 05-26-2011, 05:24 PM
with bleach on infinite filler mode, and himym and big bang theory done for the season... an episode like this is an even bigger dissapointment

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-26-2011, 10:06 PM
At least next week we should see some real action, though it's a bit strange if Sasuke can effectively fight against Sakura and Kakashi in his current weary condition.Looks more to me like next week is going to be mostly flashbacks too.

Last week we had the Sakura+Sasuke flashback episode. This week we had the Naruto+Sasuke flashback episode. Next week will be the Kakashi+Sasuke flashback episode.

Obviously there will be SOME new stuff in it, but I'm expecting another clip show.

lelouch
Thu, 05-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Naruto is a lot like dubstep; building up huge anticipation, and then leading to major disappointment.

SilentSnake
Fri, 05-27-2011, 12:01 AM
with bleach on infinite filler mode, and himym and big bang theory done for the season... an episode like this is an even bigger dissapointment

House too :C

I didn't watch the ep, seeing what's going on I browsed through the flashbacks, then I saw Kakashi and Sasuke for 2 seconds and the episode ended.

As much as I love Monty Python, I would prefer my Naruto to stay "british humour free".

Oh bugger...

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Naruto is a lot like dubstep; building up huge anticipation, and then leading to major disappointment.Hmm, not sure why. Naruto has almost never been a disappointment to me. I mean, we just had a long series of awesome battles all in a row. Is a couple recap episodes really killing you?

I mean, I can totally see why they're doing it.

It's been, like, 5 years now since Sasuke was a part of team 7. They want to remind the audience(as well as show new watchers who probably weren't even watching back then) exactly WHY these characters give a crap about Sasuke in the first place.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Personally I don't think recap episodes are ever needed except where a series is a sequal or a second season (with a break in between them).

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Well, you are not the shows average viewer. Nobody who watches intently enough to visit a message board dedicated to the show is.

Shows have new viewers every year. They have people who only watch an episode once, even 5 years later. They have people that don't read the manga it's based on.

Penner
Fri, 05-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Yeah as much as i hate fillers flashbacks i can't really complain TOO much, since we just went through some of the seriously most awesome Naruto moments ever with the badass Raikage ^^

lelouch
Fri, 05-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Is a couple recap episodes really killing you?

Yes.

Though I also do understand why they are doing it. I guess you could say I'm a recovering heroin addict who has voluntarily submitted himself into a strict recovering clinic.

Edit: That was a metaphor.

kmkze04
Sat, 05-28-2011, 04:06 AM
Waste of two episodes. And looks like they may waste half of another one next week from the previews.

Cal_kashi
Sat, 05-28-2011, 04:49 AM
As irritating as this is, I think we can all agree it's better than 3 filler episodes.

lelouch
Sat, 05-28-2011, 11:03 AM
As irritating as this is, I think we can all agree it's better than 3 filler episodes.

Agreed, only because filler episodes ruin the show's image, while these episodes merely flashback scenes we've already scene 17 times. The lesser of two evils indeed.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-28-2011, 07:42 PM

You remind me of Animal Farm when you say that.

Cal_kashi
Mon, 05-30-2011, 12:03 AM
I think communism would work really well as long as I was the leader.

Kagari
Mon, 05-30-2011, 02:41 AM
I don't mind these episodes. I've been watching for a LONG time, so these are scenes I've seen countless times...but it A) Beats filler by a mile and B) gets me in the mood for what is going to happen.

As a non-manga reader, maybe It is easier to enjoy the anticipation, speculate with friends, and eagerly wait for Thursday, week by week...as opposed to just waiting impatiently and desperately to see awesome things animated.

I'm personally in no rush for this show to finish, or catch up with the manga. I remember quite well what happened LAST time things moved 100+ episodes without so much as a bullrun of filler. Bring on the buildup and flashbacks, I say.

SilentSnake
Mon, 05-30-2011, 09:33 AM
Bring on the buildup and flashbacks, I say.

And change the name of the show to Flaruto.

Still, I admit it sounds better than Filleruto...

Thing is, these episodes are boring either way, but 2 seconds of canon material > filler arc.

Kagari
Mon, 05-30-2011, 03:02 PM
2 seconds of canon material > filler arc.

agreed. The bits of story in between, combined with the flashbacks (of cool parts in the show, btw) are definitely better.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-02-2011, 01:46 PM
I still say I actually prefer Naruto's filler hell to all other methods of slowing down an anime series(short of going on hiatus). Because it's simply the easiest one to ignore on subsequent watchings.

Making sure not to buy any filler on DVD was easy with the original series. You just stopped buying everything after filler hell started.

With Shippuuden? It's much harder. With it's shorter filler arcs shotgunned all over the series...

kmkze04
Fri, 06-03-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't have a problem with a little recap, but they recap, recap the recap, then repeat the recap again and burn entire episodes on it instead of mixing a little bit at a time through the arc. I hate when the flow of a story comes to a dead stop.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-03-2011, 09:02 PM
I don't have a problem with a little recap, but they recap, recap the recap, then repeat the recap again and burn entire episodes on it instead of mixing a little bit at a time through the arc. I hate when the flow of a story comes to a dead stop.

Still better than filler rite?

kmkze04
Fri, 06-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Debatable... At least filler offers something new rather than beating the same old scenes to death over and over. It's the same key moments they keep recapping at various lengths also, that's probably what annoys me the most is that I've seen them so many times that I already have them all but memorized.

Kraco
Sat, 06-04-2011, 12:16 PM
It would actually be pretty funny if they suddenly recapped instead a scene of no grandness and only remote relevance, one that nobody would even remember.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-04-2011, 12:49 PM
It would actually be pretty funny if they suddenly recapped instead a scene of no grandness and only remote relevance, one that nobody would even remember.And now, a random scene of Naruto on the toilet!

http://www.movie-censorship.com/www/SBs/4821/nrt-ep03-04-01.jpg