PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 212

Marik
Thu, 05-19-2011, 06:13 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 212 - 720p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=214904) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/aSBXm5b/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20212%20%5B720p%5D.mkv)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 212 - 480p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=214902) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/fuNaheD/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20212%20%5B480p%5D.mkv)

Penner
Thu, 05-19-2011, 11:16 AM
RECAPS YO. >_>

Sakura really can't lie for shit, pfft.

Kraco
Thu, 05-19-2011, 03:03 PM
I was afraid Sakura's master plan would be something terrible like this - and she certainly didn't let my expectations down. Technically speaking the fight of Sai vs the rest was the weakest part, though. They fought like second year ninja academy kids, not like the kind of experiences (named) ninja they should already be. But I guess the studio didn't want to waste a single extra yen in that fight of utterly no meaning beyond serving as a plot device allowing Sakura to continue alone.

Naruto still being all emo and sleeping through this all was the funniest part, no doubt. Almost as funny was Yamato even bothering to suggest Naruto should obey the orders and return straight to Konoha. But I guess he just had to say it to be able to deny responsibility if questioned later.

Maybe Sasuke will take Kakashi's sharingan now? He should be in no condition to fight even against Kakashi, whom he would be able to beat using his left hand alone under optimal conditions, but who knows. That would be pretty interesting plot development and would surely build the pressure on Naruto's shoulders almost up to sanity breaking levels.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-19-2011, 05:05 PM
I was afraid Sakura's master plan would be something terrible like this - and she certainly didn't let my expectations down.

Naruto still being all emo and sleeping through this all was the funniest part, no doubt. Almost as funny was Yamato even bothering to suggest Naruto should obey the orders and return straight to Konoha. But I guess he just had to say it to be able to deny responsibility if questioned later.

He should be in no condition to fight even against Kakashi, whom he would be able to beat using his left hand alone under optimal conditions, but who knows.Did we watch the same episode? I don't remember any of this.

Maybe Sasuke will take Kakashi's sharingan now?And...do what with it? He already has two eyes. Sasuke doesn't seem like the type to start sticking eyes into his arm.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Did we watch the same episode? I don't remember any of this.

And...do what with it? He already has two eyes. Sasuke doesn't seem like the type to start sticking eyes into his arm.

Eternal Mangekyou?

lelouch
Thu, 05-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Well, this answers the question of where Sasuke will get a new medic. Unless she was lying. I can't tell at this point.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Well, this answers the question of where Sasuke will get a new medic. Unless she was lying. I can't tell at this point.

She's lying so she can kill him.

Declaring "I'm here to kill you!" 30 meters away does not work for Sakura.

Sakura really can't lie for shit, pfft.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah, she's obviously lying.

I just hope there's more to her plan than "Team up with Sasuke, then stab him in his sleep."

Cause that whole flashback scene made it seem like she was ready to step up and do something. So...hopefully she's thought of something to do.

Eternal Mangekyou?If he wants an Eternal Mangekyou, he can use his brothers eyes at any time.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-20-2011, 01:42 AM
Yeah, she's obviously lying.

I just hope there's more to her plan than "Team up with Sasuke, then stab him in his sleep."

Cause that whole flashback scene made it seem like she was ready to step up and do something. So...hopefully she's thought of something to do.

If he wants an Eternal Mangekyou, he can use his brothers eyes at any time.

He doesn't have them to use. Madara does.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-20-2011, 02:12 AM
He doesn't have them to use. Madara does.But Madara offered to give them to him already.

In fact Madara seems to be still trying to goad Sasuke into taking them.

SilentSnake
Fri, 05-20-2011, 02:15 AM
But Madara offered to give them to him already.

+ he got EMS already so he doesn't need another pair unless Kishimoto makes replacing one's eyes repeatedly a consistent power up.

Which would be completely ridiculous, to say the least.

Kraco
Fri, 05-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Like Sasuke said in this episode (fortunately if you ask me), he doesn't officially consider himself Madara's henchman. Taking his brother's eyes from Madara would surely be a wise move from various points of view, but perhaps he's vary of accepting anything from Madara. Besides, he might detest cannibalizing his brother's parts, despite having turned himself into a killing machine already.

Did we watch the same episode? I don't remember any of this.

I'd assume so, considering this is the #212 thread. Or maybe you wandered into a wrong thread?

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-20-2011, 03:55 AM
Like Sasuke said in this episode (fortunately if you ask me), he doesn't officially consider himself Madara's henchman. Taking his brother's eyes from Madara would surely be a wise move from various points of view, but perhaps he's vary of accepting anything from Madara.I think he's just not admitting anything out of a sense of pride. He's a member of Akatsuki in all but name. He keeps accepting Madara's help even though he claims he doesn't want it. He just doesn't want to admit he's basically another one of Madara's stooges at the moment. And Madara is totally fine letting him have his semantic distinctions.

I'd assume so, considering this is the #212 thread. Or maybe you wandered into a wrong thread?I just didn't see any scene between Naruto and Yamato, or any scene with Sasuke facing off against Kakashi, or Sakura revealing her master plan.

Kraco
Fri, 05-20-2011, 04:46 AM
I think he's just not admitting anything out of a sense of pride. He's a member of Akatsuki in all but name. He keeps accepting Madara's help even though he claims he doesn't want it. He just doesn't want to admit he's basically another one of Madara's stooges at the moment. And Madara is totally fine letting him have his semantic distinctions.

Even if it is out of pride, or rather out of prideful necessity since he can't beat all of Konoha by himself, it doesn't really mean he would consistently act like Madara's underling, or a member of Akatsuki, especially since Akatsuki is all but destroyed already. So far only fighting Eight tails has been completely unrelated to his mission against Konoha. From a practical point of view it certainly won't hurt his cause if he accepts help in defeating Konoha. But it doesn't mean he will anymore willingly drop it to perform random missions for Madara.

I just didn't see any scene between Naruto and Yamato, or any scene with Sasuke facing off against Kakashi, or Sakura revealing her master plan.

Then don't stop watching the episode before the end. Kakashi facing Sasuke would be only one possibility at the moment, you know, a prediction of very uncertain odds, depending on the plot. What comes to Sakura... If you are expecting her to have anything worth revealing in the first place, I don't know what you could be possibly thinking of her character.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-20-2011, 05:02 AM
Even if it is out of pride, or rather out of prideful necessity since he can't beat all of Konoha by himself, it doesn't really mean he would consistently act like Madara's underling, or a member of Akatsuki, especially since Akatsuki is all but destroyed already. So far only fighting Eight tails has been completely unrelated to his mission against Konoha. From a practical point of view it certainly won't hurt his cause if he accepts help in defeating Konoha. But it doesn't mean he will anymore willingly drop it to perform random missions for Madara.Granted, but that's not really what we were talking about. We were talking about whether Sasuke considers Madara enough of an ally to accept his own brother's eyes from him.

It seems to me that he does since he's constantly accepting his help.

I realize that he turned Itachi's eyes down because he "wanted to see the world through his own eyes" and that's all well and good. But eventually, the Mangekyou is going to make him go blind. And when faced with the choice between taking his brother's eyes, and being blind, I have no doubt that Sasuke will take Itachi's eyes.

What comes to Sakura... If you are expecting her to have anything worth revealing in the first place, I don't know what you could be possibly thinking of her character.That she'll eventually have another moment where she sucks as little as she did in the fight against Sasori?

Hopefully.

I'm praying.

SOMEday.

Kraco
Fri, 05-20-2011, 05:59 AM
It's true that nearing the end he might accept the eyes from Madara, but do they come with a price? It's basically why I threw the suggestion he might get an eye from Kakashi if they end up fighting. That way he would get a sharingan but wouldn't need to receive anything from Madara.

Also, I think it's a bit different to go ask for help and simply accept help given freely. Like Sasuke's own team members. It's true he sought them out in the beginning but later on they have tagged along on their own. Madara has always appeared to save Sasuke on his own. Of course especially Madara has his own reasons for helping Sasuke, but it doesn't change the outward reality of Sasuke not asking for help. That's the fake pride of his we are talking about.

Sasori, yeah... I had all but forgotten him. Still, I find it hard to believe Sakura could really pull anything off against Sasuke. Or that Sasuke would actually buy anything Sakura has to say. Especially since Sasuke is waging war against Konoha and Sakura should be just another of his targets, with the will of fire and everything.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Still, I find it hard to believe Sakura could really pull anything off against Sasuke.Well she won't obviously. Since we pretty much know this series is going to come down to Naruto vs. Sasuke, whatever she tries is going to fail. Because Sasuke has plot armor.

I'm just really hoping she at least had a more complex plan that the one we've seen in the last 5 seconds of this episode. Cause it's just a really stupid plan if it doesn't go past "Pretend to join him, then backstab him later."

Kraco
Fri, 05-20-2011, 03:41 PM
You'd think Sakura had by now learned that guys won't forget all about themselves the moment she offers herself to them... Especially with Naruto just turning her down. Why would she expect Sasuke of all people to accept her mere hours (?) after what happened with Naruto? Yeah, it would be astonishingly disappointing if this was her whole plan. Not that it would make any difference even if Sasuke decided to play along and say yes. He's already a villain enough to not trust anybody.

Cal_kashi
Fri, 05-20-2011, 10:27 PM
There was like 4 minutes of episode this week, this ep sucked.
However, I can accept Sakura gassing her team, they won't be as much on guard when they think they are fighting on her behalf to get by Sai, arguably Sai could have done something but he had his hands full at the moment. It seems like a rookie mistake, but only if they were fighting an enemy, not a teammate. As mentioned Madara has EMS and I don't think he needs more Sharringans a la Danzou's Izangi because he plans to take over the whole world soon. They are useless to him, except as a means to keep Sasuke under control and on his side. A trump card if you will, I approve.
Still, this could all have been done in 5 minutes and then had next week episode. I mean seriously, who wants a recap of everyone's most loathsome character? ugh

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Which reminds me, if this was supposed to be the "Sasuke Kill Team" why the hell isn't Shikamaru on it?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-21-2011, 02:30 AM
I thought he was running shit in Konoha since he's the only one who seems to be able to use his head for anything other than battle.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Bah, Konoha still has two other Elders that seem to excel at nothing BUT being obnoxious bureaucrats. I'm sure they're more than capable of telling some contractors where the buildings go.

Cal_kashi
Sat, 05-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Dude, they can't kill Sasuke. It's not even remotely possible, he's been going up against Itachi, and Danzou AND he has Madara at his side. I'm sure Shikamaru must be aware of this and is covering his ass. It's a suicide mission to alleviate their guilt. Even Kakashi knows this so Sai was sent along to stop 'em. Sasuke has god like powers, the only one that has the chance is Naruto.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 05-21-2011, 01:30 PM
If Kakashi get's his aim right he could just make Sasuke and his powers disappear in an instant with his own MS.

Cal_kashi
Sat, 05-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Didn't Sasuke prove that's not enough? He broke out of Itachi's MS without having one himself. One I might note he has now. We also assume Madara, who appears to be able to travel through space and time couldn't go retrieve him. However, assuming all of these can be excepted I'll grant you that maybe Kakashi could do it, but he wasn't with kill squad dum. er one.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-21-2011, 06:48 PM
One thing that's bothering me is, why does Shisui's Sharingan have a unique power when it's not even a Mangekyou Sharingan.

We know Shisui probably didn't have an MS because he would have had to kill Itachi to get it. And while Danzou COULD have made it into an MS after he obtained it(since Kakashi was also able to), we know Shisui's eye had this power while it was still alive because that Hidden Mist ninja said he fought Shusui and he had that power then.

Didn't Sasuke prove that's not enough? He broke out of Itachi's MS without having one himself.There's a pretty huge difference between Itachi's MS power of "really good Genjutsu" and Kakashi's MS power of "fucking black hole generator!"

I think Kakashi may actually have the most deadly MS power.

I mean, sure, when he was first using it on Diedara, he was very slow and clumsy with it. But since then, we've seen him wink nail projectiles and missiles right out of existence in mid-flight.

We also assume Madara, who appears to be able to travel through space and time couldn't go retrieve him. You're assuming Kakashi's MS actually GOES someplace. For all we know, it's just destroying what it sucks in.

Realistically, a fight between Sasuke and Kakashi should go:

Sasuke: "I use Amaterasu to set you on fire and now you'll burn to death and there's nothing you can do about it."

Kakashi: "Well, while I'm burning to death, I just crushed your heart into a quantum singularity."

*both die*

lelouch
Sat, 05-21-2011, 07:20 PM
I think Kakashi may actually have the most deadly MS power.

I'm pretty sure Madara has the same ability, except he is able to use it much better.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-21-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Madara has the same ability, except he is able to use it much better.Sorta. It seems he isn't able to use his eye on anyone he's not touching.

They're probably very similar but with a few key differences. Kinda of like how Sasuke can move his Amaterasu flames around while Itachi never could.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-21-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Madara has the same ability, except he is able to use it much better.

The perks of upgraded hardware it seems.

Can anyone tell us if Kakashi really did take ages to sever Deidara's arm, or whether it was just drawn out in the anime?

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-21-2011, 08:47 PM
The perks of upgraded hardware it seems. Even if the only thing the EMS does is allow you to use MS powers without going blind, it'd still be the most important upgrade ever.

I really don't want Kakashi's Sharingan to go blind. Maybe he can get Shisui's eye back from Madara.

Or maybe Danzou still has the other one.

Can anyone tell us if Kakashi really did take ages to sever Deidara's arm, or whether it was just drawn out in the anime?http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-276/page004.html

Takes about 5 pages. So, yeah, pretty long.

It actually looks ALOT like Danzou's death Jutsu now that I look at it again. Just smaller.

lelouch
Sat, 05-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Sorta. It seems he isn't able to use his eye on anyone he's not touching.

I believe when Danzo was about to behead Sasuke earlier in the fight, Madara was about to teleport the sword away before realizing Sasuke was fine. I don't think he needs to be touching anything.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Even if the only thing the EMS does is allow you to use MS powers without going blind, it'd still be the most important upgrade ever.

I really don't want Kakashi's Sharingan to go blind. Maybe he can get Shisui's eye back from Madara.

Or maybe Danzou still has the other one.

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-276/page004.html

Takes about 5 pages. So, yeah, pretty long.

It actually looks ALOT like Danzou's death Jutsu now that I look at it again. Just smaller.

Danzou's was ink(?). The "juice" in those pages was Deidara's blood.

It took a little while, yeah, but no where near like.... 3 episodes and a marathon.

edit:
I believe when Danzo was about to behead Sasuke earlier in the fight, Madara was about to teleport the sword away before realizing Sasuke was fine. I don't think he needs to be touching anything.

Where was this?

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Where was this?He's talking about when Danzou had the cursed seal on Sasuke that paralyzed him and was about to kill him with his own sword. As he was swinging, Madara started to do his teleport swirl, but then when Sasuke broke out with Susano'O, Madara cancelled whatever he was going to do.

I don't think you can assume he was going to teleport away the sword though. There's no way of knowing WHAT he was going to do.

And the evidence that he need to touch them is much more substantial. Being A. He always touches someone before sucking them in but most importantly B. He touches Danzou's Abarame guard before sucking him in even though he KNEW touching the guy was going to cost him at least his arm. If he could use his power at range, there's no reason he would have touched the guy.

And again in this episode, instead of just teleporting Danzou away, he jumps all the way down, puts his hand on him, THEN teleports him away.

Kraco
Sun, 05-22-2011, 02:57 AM
If he could use his power at range, there's no reason he would have touched the guy.

Actually there is a tactical reason: To make everybody believe he needs to touch the target. That could easily be the decisive factor between victory and defeat in an equal fight against an opponent under the false premise. However, right now I'd rather believe he needs to touch, even if we are talking about the most guileful person in the Naruto universe.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-22-2011, 04:22 AM
Actually there is a tactical reason: To make everybody believe he needs to touch the target.Well sure. But you could make that argument for anything any character does and it kind of makes trying to speculate on a character's limitations pointless at that point.

Cal_kashi
Sun, 05-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Well sure. But you could make that argument for anything any character does and it kind of makes trying to speculate on a character's limitations pointless at that point.

Except for Naruto of course =3

Check out this page for Kakashi's explanation of his power, following stopping Diedara's Art is a Bang! boom.
http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-278/page007.html

Edit: I must confess that ever since Diedera went boom in his suicide Gambit I've had an insatiable proclivity for looking for ways to use the phrase Art is a bang! And much to my joy I found a totally legit way, in naming one of my recent art projects, Pop Art is a bang! #5. I got the color Scheme right on the 5 attempt, and it gives me a fun way to name the various steps and creations that have come of the project. If any interest is demonstrated, I'll post that project in here, as it's ever so loosely related via art is a bang.
Bonus: Xzibit makes an appearance.

lelouch
Sun, 05-22-2011, 11:46 AM
I don't think you can assume he was going to teleport away the sword though. There's no way of knowing WHAT he was going to do.

Considering the teleport swirls appeared and after Sasuke summoned Susano'o, Madara says "I guess he doesn't need my help after all", I think it is safe to assume he was going to use teleport in one manner or another to help Sasuke.

And the evidence that he need to touch them is much more substantial. Being A. He always touches someone before sucking them in

Episode 205, 2:25, he does not touch Karin to teleport her.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Episode 205, 2:25, he does not touch Karin to teleport her.Seems like an inaccurate manga to anime conversion to me.

In the manga, he's standing much closer to her and they make it a point not to show his hand.

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-467/page008.html

Considering the teleport swirls appeared and after Sasuke summoned Susano'o, Madara says "I guess he doesn't need my help after all", I think it is safe to assume he was going to use teleport in one manner or another to help Sasuke.Agreed, I just think he was going to teleport INTO the fight, not teleport something away from it.

lelouch
Sun, 05-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Seems like an inaccurate manga to anime conversion to me.

In the manga, he's standing much closer to her and they make it a point not to show his hand.

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-467/page008.html

Agreed, I just think he was going to teleport INTO the fight, not teleport something away from it.

Interesting theory. It looks like it could be an inaccurate conversion then.

SilentSnake
Sun, 05-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Interesting theory. It looks like it could be an inaccurate conversion then.

It's more than that since we can clearly see Tobi jumping down to teleport Karin away.

her exclamation mark above the head was triggered by the fact that she felt or heard Tobi falling behind her or by him simply touching her. Immediately afterwards she's being teleported, so imo - y, he needs to touch them and anime was just sloppy on this detail.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 05-23-2011, 01:09 PM
He's never teleported someone from distance, which says something