PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 211

Marik
Thu, 05-12-2011, 06:15 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 211 - 720p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=213367) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/TYcgztD/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20211%20%5B720p%5D.mkv)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 211 - 480p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=213366) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/8PxVNNU/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20211%20%5B480p%5D.mkv)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-12-2011, 08:38 AM
It's hard to imagine that even Danzo was once so egoistic. (to a point, he still is).

The logical conclusion to why Sasuke opened his left M.Sharingan on Danzo as he skewered him was to use it (Genjutsu on Danzo to make him think it killed Karin and thereby letting her go).

But then... why the lightning blade in the preview that can only be for ending Karin's suffering?

Penner
Thu, 05-12-2011, 11:13 AM
I think he really meant it when he said she was now a burden to him and hit her with the lightning blade thing, it's no secret that the guy is a complete douchebag so i wouldn't put it past him.

Danzou staggering/trying to run away from Sasuke was just pathetic.. maybe he was hoping for Madara to come down to him so he could do his weird suicidebomb jutsu thinking its better to have 2 targets instead of just Sasuke -.-

Artris
Thu, 05-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I was thinking he wanted to bring Madara within range of Sasuke so he could 'manipulate' one into killing the other. Surprising but, given Danzo's back story, I find him more likable than Sasuke.

They didn't show any reason for Sasuke to activate his left eye. I suspect that Karin and Danzo were both under the effect of genjutsu as Sasuke put a hole through them. I think Karin will be just fine. Why else would he tell Karin not to move: either it is a precision shot that will be lethal for Danzo but not Karin, or Karin wasn't really standing where everyone thought she was.

If not then I must say that Sasuke is about as cold as it gets and needs to be put down.

$0ft*
Thu, 05-12-2011, 04:32 PM
The backstory of Danzo was amazing. It was same as Orochimaru & Ero-sennin, Naruto & Sasuke and many others... With a difference that Danzo was coward, but still it appeared that he loved Leaf and wanted what's best for it(atleast in his opinion).
With that tetra-bomb he secured that noone will get his eye or any other part of his body. Guess he wanted to lure madara into it, but will see what the future brings.

I am waiting for Taka release since those subs here were just terrible, couldnt understand a thing.

Kagari
Thu, 05-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Fave episode in a while.

Sasuke's smile really didn't give me the impression that Karin is alive, or that he even cares.

I know against bee, we saw him flashback to the team 7 picture, and we saw a glimmer of care for his "team" Taka... but a lot has happened since then... If he really did kill her, then what's to say he wouldn't do the same to Sakura? Or anyone else for that matter?

I doubt Danzo was able to seal either of them with the jutsu, but at least he sealed the eye, and any remnants of his body secrets. I'm sure, in the wrong hands, having cells from the first or any other weird secrets wouldn't be too good.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-12-2011, 08:12 PM
1. Danzo's dead. Good. Hated him.

2. Karin's dying. Good. Hated her. She's getting exactly what she deserves helping someone she knows is a monster.

3. Sasuke takes a flying leap over the moral event horizon.

I know against bee, we saw him flashback to the team 7 picture, and we saw a glimmer of care for his "team" Taka... but a lot has happened since then... If he really did kill her, then what's to say he wouldn't do the same to Sakura? Or anyone else for that matter?I really don't understand what happened between his fight with B, and this arc.

I mean, I could understand him taking a nosedive after finding out what happened to Itachi, but he was still kinda the same after that when fighting B, but then in this arc, he's become an irredemable bastard.

Between this sudden character shift, and him suddenly learning a new Summon, I almost get the feeling like some kind of story arc was skipped over in the middle here somewhere.

I am waiting for Taka release since those subs here were just terrible, couldnt understand a thing.Uh, is English your second language or something? There's nothing wrong with Horriblesubs translations.

$0ft*
Fri, 05-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Uh, is English your second language or something? There's nothing wrong with Horriblesubs translations.

Usually you are correct, but the subs didn't make sense, noone forms sentences like this. this is question of quality Taka > Horriblesubs.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-13-2011, 01:44 AM
I really don't understand what happened between his fight with B, and this arc.

I mean, I could understand him taking a nosedive after finding out what happened to Itachi, but he was still kinda the same after that when fighting B, but then in this arc, he's become an irredemable bastard.

Between this sudden character shift, and him suddenly learning a new Summon, I almost get the feeling like some kind of story arc was skipped over in the middle here somewhere.

Well the difference is that capturing Bee was a mission for Akatsuki, while killing Danzo and anybody who stands in between was his own personal revenge against the Kohana authorities responsible for the Uchiha incident.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-13-2011, 05:58 AM
Granted, but the members of Taka have saved his dumb ass, like, a dozen times now. Karin literally JUST got done saving his life AGAIN.

Danzou is not the last person he intends to get revenge on. You would think he could recognize that he NEEDS these people in order to reach his other targets. But literally, the instant he might get slowed down 3 seconds by one of them, he abandons them, or worse.

"Karin, you've become a burden to me by getting taken hostage. It's okay, I'm sure I'll NEVER need healing or a sensory ninja again at any point in the future when I intend to invade Konoha to go after the other two elders. This mild inconvenience outweighs all that."

It's starting to piss me off on Death Note levels, where the guy keeps winning not because he's better, but because of an endless stream of luck, and the help of people who's help he shouldn't have, but he get's anyway.

Oh yeah,

4. The look on Sasuke's face when Danzou is scrambling to get away and Sasuke comes pimpwalkin' up behind him is like the most perfect example of a rapeface EVER.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 05-13-2011, 06:12 AM
Sasuke is just a soulless bastard now consumed by hatred just like AizenMadara had planned. If Sakura get's in his way he will take her out just the same.

The reason why he told Karin not to move because if she moved then so would Danzou and Sasuke might not hit the same vital spot. He just doesn't care for team members anymore.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Darth, Danzo potentially escaping alive is not a minor convenience.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-13-2011, 06:40 AM
Darth, Danzo potentially escaping alive is not a minor convenience.I guess we'll just have to see the NEXT time Sasuke is fucking dying if he goes, "You know, I probably could have waited a couple minutes to kill Danzou if it meant I still had a medical ninja right about now."

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-13-2011, 08:33 AM
I guess we'll just have to see the NEXT time Sasuke is fucking dying if he goes, "You know, I probably could have waited a couple minutes to kill Danzou if it meant I still had a medical ninja right about now."

You keep talking like Sasuke (knew he) had a 100% chance of killing Danzo.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 05-13-2011, 09:21 AM
One thing I don't understand, when exactly did Sarutobi became Hokage? Way back it seemed he was told he would be Hokage when he was still a kid, which didn't make a lot of sense. Now it seems he was made Hokage in that forest. When did he actually take the title?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-13-2011, 09:24 AM
One thing I don't understand, when exactly did Sarutobi became Hokage? Way back it seemed he was told he would be Hokage when he was still a kid, which didn't make a lot of sense. Now it seems he was made Hokage in that forest. When did he actually take the title?

Well it seems that he assumed the role of Hokage the day after that forest fight - whether the Second came back alive from it's another thing.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-13-2011, 02:36 PM
You keep talking like Sasuke (knew he) had a 100% chance of killing Danzo.Well, unless Danzou had another dozen Sharingans at home to replace the ones he used, and another arm made out of 1st Hokage, yeah, Sasuke could pretty much take him at any time.

The abilities Danzou expended during this fight are abilities he can never replace.

Kraco
Sat, 05-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Granted, but the members of Taka have saved his dumb ass, like, a dozen times now. Karin literally JUST got done saving his life AGAIN.

Danzou is not the last person he intends to get revenge on. You would think he could recognize that he NEEDS these people in order to reach his other targets. But literally, the instant he might get slowed down 3 seconds by one of them, he abandons them, or worse.

"Karin, you've become a burden to me by getting taken hostage. It's okay, I'm sure I'll NEVER need healing or a sensory ninja again at any point in the future when I intend to invade Konoha to go after the other two elders. This mild inconvenience outweighs all that."

In my opinion you are forgetting something about Sasuke. He has been trying to catch up with someone for as long as he has lived. And continuously failed at that, to boot, even if he has kept trying to tell himself otherwise. Moreover, as much as he later in between hated Itachi, he was still Sasuke's role model in the beginning and in the end, and Itachi was really a perfect example of a lone wolf (at least superficially). So, I think having Karin around to heal him conveniently wasn't actually a positive thing for Sasuke but rather something that reminded him of his own weakness every time. Maybe he was smart enough to recognize the need for her back when Taka was formed and he was weaker, but for all we know he might have been only, subconsciously, looking for a perfect excuse to get rid of her by now. It will mean he can't depend on miracle healing anymore, but on the other hand that will force him not to get screwed by his opponents, that is, to get stronger as an individual.

It's not overly wise strategically in the bigger picture but I deem it suits Sasuke's personality 100%. He fancies himself an avenger and it's not an occupation for jolly company. An avenger can build nothing and has no future, after all.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-14-2011, 03:54 AM
That was a lot of words to say, "Yeah, it's really stupid, but being really stupid is totally in character for Sasuke."

So, I think having Karin around to heal him conveniently wasn't actually a positive thing for Sasuke but rather something that reminded him of his own weakness every time. Maybe he was smart enough to recognize the need for her back when Taka was formed and he was weaker, but for all we know he might have been only, subconsciously, looking for a perfect excuse to get rid of her by now.Back when Taka was formed? She had to heal him again literally 30 seconds before he ran her through.

Did he think he somehow evolved beyond the need for a healer during that 30 seconds?

SilentSnake
Sat, 05-14-2011, 04:45 AM
It's been many times now that Karin was saying "Sasuke's chakra is different", "He's become so cold" etc.

With his "emotionless face" before running through both Danzou and Karin we can assume he cares solely about reaching his goals and Karin was expendable, ergo. If he treated her as tool, he could get another one.

Question is, will he? Personally, I think not because he didn't even ask about Suigetsu and Juugo.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-14-2011, 04:50 AM
I'll be really pissed if Kishimoto makes up another batch of characters from nowhere just to fawn all over Sasuke and be expendable.

You want to treat your underlings as cannonfodder, fine, but you should at least have to suffer the consequences of...running out of underlings.

Although, really, you could say he already has replacements. Between Madara's ability to pull him out of danger, and Zetsu's ability to refill his chakra, he's already got his next group of support staff all lined up for him...

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-14-2011, 05:39 AM
Well, unless Danzou had another dozen Sharingans at home to replace the ones he used, and another arm made out of 1st Hokage, yeah, Sasuke could pretty much take him at any time.

The abilities Danzou expended during this fight are abilities he can never replace.

What about abilities he has yet to show? For one, he could have casted Shisui's genjutsu on him if he wasn't saving it for Madara. He could also have used that eye to activate Izanagi once again. Don't forget that Sasuke was (supposed to be) out of chakra. That sword clash was supposed to be the final attack for either of them.

Nothing's certain in a fight such as the one they just had.

All Sasuke did was use Danzo's weaknesses against him (his monitoring of his active Sharingans, his confidence that Sasuke won't attack as long as he had Karin).

Kraco
Sat, 05-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Back when Taka was formed? She had to heal him again literally 30 seconds before he ran her through.

Did he think he somehow evolved beyond the need for a healer during that 30 seconds?

That doesn't mean anything, or rather, it only underlines what I said. One more reminder to Sasuke he isn't so tough yet, one more reason for him to force himself not to rely on anybody, especially somebody as weak as Karin (in battle). If you know you have a healer at hand, you can use strategy involving healing afterwards. If you don't have a healer, you must do things so you don't need one.

Considering the dodgy Nature of Sasuke's quest against Konoha (although we don't yet know the details nor might he know them himself), having friends tagging along is a bit questionable in any case. It makes no sense. He has got nothing to do after the mission is finished, having dedicated himself to revenge, so why should uninvolved people be involved in the first place? As tools, nothing else.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-14-2011, 02:56 PM
What about abilities he has yet to show? For one, he could have casted Shisui's genjutsu on him if he wasn't saving it for Madara. He could also have used that eye to activate Izanagi once again. Don't forget that Sasuke was (supposed to be) out of chakra. That sword clash was supposed to be the final attack for either of them.

Nothing's certain in a fight such as the one they just had.By that logic, he couldn't be certain stabbing through Karin would have ended the fight either. Especially with Danzou having an eye to use Izanagi left. He could have ended up running her through for nothing.

That doesn't mean anything, or rather, it only underlines what I said. One more reminder to Sasuke he isn't so tough yet, one more reason for him to force himself not to rely on anybody, especially somebody as weak as Karin (in battle). If you know you have a healer at hand, you can use strategy involving healing afterwards. If you don't have a healer, you must do things so you don't need one.So...the fact that he constantly needs to be healed...means he should get rid of his healer.

You seem to be implying that, the only reason Sasuke needs to be healed, is because he's being reckless, and he's only being reckless BECAUSE he has a medic.

That implies that, if Sasuke didn't have a healer, he'd be more cautious, but he'd still be winning.

It's because, straight up, Sasuke is NOT strong enough to beat these people on his own. He would have died 3 times fighting Bee without Taka. He would have died 5 times fighting the Kage's without Taka and Akatsuki, and he would have died again fighting Danzou if it weren't for Karin.

You say, "If you know you have a healer at hand, you can use strategy involving healing afterwards. If you don't have a healer, you must do things so you don't need one." But the fact is there IS nothing he could do to fight so he wouldn't need a healer. Because he's WEAKER than these people he's defeating. If he didn't have his healer, he'd be LOSING these fights, no matter what he did.

The fact that he can he can do something mutually self destructive against Danzou and live through it because he gets healed is the ONLY reason he can beat Danzou in the first place.

Kraco
Sat, 05-14-2011, 03:59 PM
True indeed. However, the thing he could have done is not to rush things and use clever plans and strategy, not jump into the middle of the enemies with no other plans than a couple of powerful jutsu that might or might not work for a while. If his plan is to punish Konoha, he really doesn't need to fight against all the bosses of all the hidden villages - and all at once to boot.

And just for the record, I'm not trying to say he's wise at all acting ruthlessly like this. I simply say it could be understandable from his point of view. Being suicidal is understandable as well because it certainly doesn't seem like he plans to happily live ever after.

But then again, it could be he's simply so blinded by his idea of a cold avenger that he hit through Karin for no reason.

$0ft*
Sat, 05-14-2011, 04:23 PM
You say, "If you know you have a healer at hand, you can use strategy involving healing afterwards. If you don't have a healer, you must do things so you don't need one." But the fact is there IS nothing he could do to fight so he wouldn't need a healer. Because he's WEAKER than these people he's defeating. If he didn't have his healer, he'd be LOSING these fights, no matter what he did.

WRONG! we do not know anything about Danzo.. except that he was a big coward and was hiding all the time. Most likely bodyguards of Danzou were even stronger than him(together). Since Sasuke was learning from Orochimaru who was a "jutsu gatherer" there are endless possibilities how Sasuke could avoid getting killed or beaten down if he was alone or in a sticky situation with 5 kages and so on. Since most of them underestimate him because of he Uchiha drama they don't know what he is capable of especially if you haven't noticed Sasuke's strenght is that after each fight he gets lots stronger.
Sure he could prolong the fight with smart tactics and find the enemies weakness with longer time, but as some people are agressive poker players and some passive, he clearly is agressive and in his case with susano & all the other stuff he has under his cattle he obviously has everything to be agressive & reckless.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Since Sasuke was learning from Orochimaru who was a "jutsu gatherer" there are endless possibilities how Sasuke could avoid getting killed or beaten down if he was alone or in a sticky situation with 5 kages and so on.In case you hadn't noticed, Sasuke LOST all of his Orochimaru powers when Itachi pulled him out of him. He doesn't have his cursed seal, he can't summon snakes anymore, he can't shed his body anymore...

Sasuke wasn't even able to STAND anymore. But Danzou was more or less fully mobile after breaking off his Hokage arm.

Sasuke would have LOST at that point if he hadn't been healed by Karin.

Sure he could prolong the fight with smart tactics and find the enemies weakness with longer time, but as some people are agressive poker players and some passive, he clearly is agressive and in his case with susano & all the other stuff he has under his cattle he obviously has everything to be agressive & reckless.Not anymore he doesn't. Since "Susano'o and all the other stuff" hasn't allowed him to beat ANYONE without the needing to be healed afterwards. And now, he doesn't have a healer.

So, no, he doesn't have everything he needs to be aggressive & reckless.

What should realistically happen now, is Sasuke should run off to his next fight after this battle, rush into his next battle just like he's rushed into every other fight he's had recently, kick some ass for awhile, but ultimately overextend himself and end up defeated just like he has the last THREE times now. Only this time, because he killed off his medic, he'd actually die because of it.

That won't happen though, because Sasuke is a complete Villain Sue. And Kishimoto will make sure to give him whatever he needs to continue succeeding.

$0ft*
Sun, 05-15-2011, 01:17 AM
I think this isn't really a debate deserving discussiong since he is one of the main characters. But you are right about Orochimaru's abilities :S i missed that one for a sec, anyhow real question is when will sasuke confront Madara, as we all remember Sasuke killed Oro after he had passed him in strenght..?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-15-2011, 01:48 AM
But you are right about Orochimaru's abilities :S i missed that one for a secOriginally, I thought it was just the Cursed Seal that Itachi got rid of. But he hasn't used a single one of Oro's powers since that fight, and the fact that he just summoned a hawk instead of a snake pretty much confirms it.

Somehow, pulling Oro out of Sasuke has caused him to forget every technique Oro taught him.

when will sasuke confront Madara, as we all remember Sasuke killed Oro after he had passed him in strenght..?Man, I hope that doesn't happen. Nothing makes the heroes in your series seem more useless than having your main villains killed off by other villains.

Also, Madara is an Uchiha. His Clan seems to be the only think Sasuke still cares at all about. He probably won't go against Madara.

Kraco
Sun, 05-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Also, Madara is an Uchiha. His Clan seems to be the only think Sasuke still cares at all about. He probably won't go against Madara.

I haven't of late been getting an impression Sasuke cares about anybody anymore, not even himself considering his style of fighting. Sure, he has served Madara, but I'd say only because Madara told him what Sasuke believes is the truth and is also planning to punish Konoha. But I doubt he would hesitate to slay Madara if it helped him to obliterate Konoha.

If he really cared about Uchiha, he wouldn't single-mindedly seek revenge at any cost but would be knocking girls up here and there (he surely would succeed at that vastly better than his old competitor, Naruto).

chambers
Sun, 05-15-2011, 02:53 AM
Sad thing is Suigetsu is more than likely one of the more interesting characters in this anime at the moment but i guess gets getting like dragon ball in that no one matters but goku, and in this case its naruto and sasuke.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-15-2011, 03:32 AM
If he really cared about Uchiha, he wouldn't single-mindedly seek revenge at any cost but would be knocking girls up here and there (he surely would succeed at that vastly better than his old competitor, Naruto).I dunno, I bet right about now, Naruto could get a lot of play around Konoha.

On top of that, clones would let him be a lot more prolific than Sasuke.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-15-2011, 04:05 AM
By that logic, he couldn't be certain stabbing through Karin would have ended the fight either. Especially with Danzou having an eye to use Izanagi left. He could have ended up running her through for nothing.

Yep.

He had the choice of attacking Danzo with the possibility of either killing him or relieving him of his hostage, while (highly possibly) killing Karin, or

Letting Danzo keep Karin as a hostage (with no guarantee that she'll be his again anyway), risk letting one of his targets of revenge get away (and being much more alert from now on, as well as knowing many of his abilities), or even getting killed.

Sasuke chose the second option, which isn't very surprising really.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Sasuke chose the second option, which isn't very surprising really.It would have surprised me about 10 episodes ago.

Kraco
Sun, 05-15-2011, 04:12 AM
On top of that, clones would let him be a lot more prolific than Sasuke.

Clones might let him have more action, but pregnancies would never happen with the sperm suddenly going poof!

I'm also not so sure Naruto would be now an instant romantic hit among women despite being a local hero. He still the same old idiotic kid deep down. The whole scenario would also assume Sasuke never became a ruthless murderer and scumbag. I'm sure right now he would already need to rely on genjutsu...

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-15-2011, 04:32 AM
Clones might let him have more action, but pregnancies would never happen with the sperm suddenly going poof!
The clone just has to hold out until cell division. Once that happens, you're all set!

The whole scenario would also assume Sasuke never became a ruthless murderer and scumbag. I'm sure right now he would already need to rely on genjutsu...Bah, you're assuming the average woman on the street KNOWS he's a murdering scumbag. I'm sure he would have no trouble just getting by on his looks.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-15-2011, 05:11 AM
Regarding my post, I meant the first option, my pardon.

$0ft*
Mon, 05-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally, I thought it was just the Cursed Seal that Itachi got rid of. But he hasn't used a single one of Oro's powers since that fight, and the fact that he just summoned a hawk instead of a snake pretty much confirms it.

Somehow, pulling Oro out of Sasuke has caused him to forget every technique Oro taught him.

I don't think so, since Sasuke got his new bad-ass eyes he is just been using all of the cool Uchicha stuff I bet sooner or later when he is in trouble he will pull out some summoning walls and some other snakeshit. Remember Itachi gave Sasuke his eyes, he probably gave some other cool stuff too what is yet to be explored, let alone the "seed" he planted in Naruto - which should activate when they confront each other. Which also means that most of Madaras stories are true sons of rinnengan user one with great stamina and other with strenght(?) will always fight each other and confront in the end.
I'm pretty sure also, that it is too early to tell about Karin, but we will find out about it hopefully this week :)

OT: murderers & villans have always been loved by women, because of their dangerous and interesting livestyle, those woman always thought they could change those criminals, but in the end the man was only after their own secret out of reality goal.

lelouch
Mon, 05-16-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't think so, since Sasuke got his new bad-ass eyes he is just been using all of the cool Uchicha stuff I bet sooner or later when he is in trouble he will pull out some summoning walls and some other snakeshit.

No, he lost his snake abilities.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-16-2011, 09:43 PM
No, he lost his snake abilities.It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but that seems to be the case.

I understand that purifying Sasuke of Orochimaru would, say, removed the cursed seal. Since the seal is a part of Orochimaru.

But causing him to just...forget all of Oro's techniques. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I mean, what does being able to Summon Snakes have to do with being controlled by Oro?

lelouch
Mon, 05-16-2011, 10:10 PM
It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but that seems to be the case.

I understand that purifying Sasuke of Orochimaru would, say, removed the cursed seal. Since the seal is a part of Orochimaru.

But causing him to just...forget all of Oro's techniques. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I mean, what does being able to Summon Snakes have to do with being controlled by Oro?

Well I don't know, he did sacrifice the king snake. That could have pissed off a lot of the other snakes thus voiding the contract, and he didn't really have too many oro-related techniques that didn't involve something snake-like. Not positive whether or not he used snakes since the sacrifice. If he hasn't, it would make more sense. If he has, well, regardless he still lost the abilities.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-16-2011, 10:17 PM
It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but that seems to be the case.

It's got nothing to do about being controlled bu Oro, bit Oro being present. When Oro and Sasuke combined, the body contained everything from both of them - the fight was over the control of that body. It makes sense that if one half got expelled that the other also loses the perks.

As for snake summoning, the contract was with Oro, not Sasuke. Of course it would go when Oro "died".

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-17-2011, 03:50 AM
As for snake summoning, the contract was with Oro, not Sasuke. Of course it would go when Oro "died".And you know that, how exactly?

I don't recall them ever showing, or talking about him signing the contract.

What makes you think the Snake contract is any different than the Toad contract?

Well I don't know, he did sacrifice the king snake. That could have pissed off a lot of the other snakes thus voiding the contractAh, that's a good point.

Artris
Tue, 05-17-2011, 08:50 AM
I would just look at it logically. Orochimaru intended to use Sasuke as a vessel, a container. Sure, the container needs to be strong but why teach it abilities you know you can bring with you. Orochimaru focused training on abilities that were unique to the vessel: sharingar abilites, cursed seal abilities and lightning/fire abilities. He was essentially training his future self.

Sasuke never made a contract with the snakes (that we know of). The healing/stretching/vomiting abilities Orochimaru had were unique to his... essence?

When Orochimaru was removed with the cursed seal, Sasuke lost: cursed seal abilities, healing/stretching/vomiting abilities and certain summons (due to breaking a contract: damn minutes never carry over).

The only question I have is whether he lost common seals. My guess here would be that he lost any seals he hadn't specifically learned: while in possession of Orochimaru, he had a sort of library of seals at his disposal. Why bother learning them when he could just look them up at will? That library was lost with Oro though. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the 'demon gate' again at some point since Orochimaru taught it to a few of his minions but I suspect that is about all we will see, if anything, of Oro's basic abilities.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-17-2011, 11:52 AM
I don't think it makes any sense at all. I think it's just Kishimoto didn't want Sasuke and Kabuto to have the same powers, so when he decided to turn Kabuto into Oro II, he took all the Oro powers away from Sasuke and turned him into Itachi II instead.

On an completely unrelated note, I still wonder if Sage Mode is something anyone can do. It seems closely tide to the toads in that, you turn into a toad if you fuck it up, and even if you succeed it gives you toad eyes.

I wonder if that means only someone with a Toad contract can become a Sage.

Or, on the otherhand, might it be possible for anyone with an animal contract to become a Sage.

If I didn't know otherwise, I would have assumed that Orochimaru was a Snake Sage the whole time. What with the snake eyes, and how physically snakey he always was. But apparently that wasn't the case.

Feels like something else that could be fleshed out. Would be cool to have a villain that could also enter sage mode, but as a different animal.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Sage mode is just trying to use Natural Chakra in your body. Anybody can try to learn it.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Sure, but why does it turn you into a toad statue?

Toads taught it to both of the people who've had it so far. I'm wondering if other animals could teach other people and if they'd turn into that animal instead.

Kraco
Wed, 05-18-2011, 01:24 PM
If you learned it from another human, you'd turn into... a human if you failed. That would be more of a winner deal.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Sure, but why does it turn you into a toad statue?

Toads taught it to both of the people who've had it so far. I'm wondering if other animals could teach other people and if they'd turn into that animal instead.

Perhaps it may be coincidental? When you look at the training and the theory behind it, even if it was taught by a toad there doesn't seem to be anything "toad" about it. (except for the fact that they started training on the mountain, so you can suggest that Naruto and Jiraiya were taught to take in "toad-tainted" Natural Chakra.. but there's nothing to suggest that).

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-18-2011, 08:48 PM
If you learned it from another human, you'd turn into... a human if you failed. That would be more of a winner deal.Not really. Cause you'd still be a human statue if you really fucked it up.

Tactically speaking, not an improvement.

Perhaps it may be coincidental?Certainly. I'm just hoping it's not. I want to see other Nature Chakra users, and I don't want them to all be Toad Sages.

Azonalanthious
Thu, 05-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Wasn't the oil that enhanced it called toad oil? So maybe that oil is unique to toad mountain and the technique was developed there as a result, which is the reason for the toad influence? Just skyballing here...