PDA

View Full Version : Shakugan no Shana III (Final)

Archangel
Fri, 04-29-2011, 12:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hTudb.jpg

Alternative Title: 灼眼のシャナIII (Final)

Type: TV
Episodes: 24
Source: Novel
Studio: J.C. Staff
Genres: Action, Comedy, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural

Synopsis: He had thought his normal days would last forever, until they were ended abruptly by an encounter with a girl with red hair and eyes. He named her Shana.

Not long after he enters high school, Sakai Yuji’s normal days come to an end. He sees something bizarre on his way home: people are frozen in a strange fire, and a monster that looks like a large doll is attacking them. Just when he's about to be killed, a girl in a dark cloak wielding a large sword appears, and slices the monster in half. Although Yuji survives the strange encounter, the girl informs him of a desolate truth: " 'You' don't exist anymore."

She calls herself a Flame Haze who hunts "Guze no Tomogara"; intruders from another world. She explains to him that he is a "Torch", a substitute of Yuji whose “existence” has already been devoured. She also told him that he is a special Torch, "Mystes", which contains a precious item in it. When he looks at his chest, he sees within himself a faint flame, just as she said.

It is in this way that his eternal struggle alongside the girl begins.

Resources: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=13003) | AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8483) | MyAnimeList (http://myanimelist.net/anime/6773/Shakugan_no_Shana_III_%28Final%29/)

---

Announcement (http://akaike.animeworlds.eu/2011/04/07/shakugan-no-shana-staffel-3/?lang=en)

Commie - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=250961)

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-29-2011, 05:32 PM
After the big dissapointment of Season 2... I didn't touch the OVA. I guess its time to see them in preparation for a better Season 3.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-29-2011, 08:16 PM
If you haven't seen the OVAs Zell, wait till S3 airs. Then watch the OVAs, and then the first episode of S3 immediately following. That way they won't feel like a time waster, leave you hanging, and also get you into Shana again. (though if the first episode is also a "lead-in", then it may feel redundant)

Archangel
Fri, 04-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Just skip the OVAs entirely, they're shit

Alhuin
Fri, 05-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Maybe I'm blind, but I couldn't see any apparent start date. I mean, having the time slots is great news, but we've known season 3 was coming for a few years now, so I guess I just feel kinda... meh...

Marik
Wed, 06-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Looks like season III is being dubbed as the final one.

The July issue of ASCII Media Works' Dengeki Bunko Magazine is announcing on Friday that the Shakugan no Shana III (Final) anime will premiere on television this fall. More information will be available in future issues of Dengeki Bunko Magazine.Source: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Anime to Air This Fall (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-08/shakugan-no-shana-iii-final-anime-to-air-this-fall)

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Did the Light Novel end? or they are making an original ending?

Archangel
Wed, 06-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Are the LNs finished as well?

aadie01
Wed, 06-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Yes finally it finished..

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Yes finally it finished..
/holds it in

Marik
Mon, 08-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Did the Light Novel end? or they are making an original ending?

Are the LNs finished as well?

Last Shakugan no Shana Light Novel to Ship in September (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-01/last-shakugan-no-shana-light-novel-to-ship-in-setpember)

22nd volume to ship before this fall's Shakugan no Shana III (Final) anime

Archangel
Sun, 08-14-2011, 07:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWj6dyz9zDw

Where's Yuji or whatever his name is?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-14-2011, 07:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWj6dyz9zDw

Where's Yuji or whatever his name is?

You don't wanna know if you don't want to spoil yourself.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 08-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Yeah that's what I've been wondering too. But I don't wanna get spoiled so...

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Yeah that's what I've been wondering too. But I don't wanna get spoiled so...

Yeah, I don't know the details, but my friend accidentally slipped in something when he said "He was looking forward to seeing XXXXX in Shana II"..

Also, too many times have I regretted trying to "just take a peek" at a wiki page.

Archangel
Sun, 08-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Also, too many times have I regretted trying to "just take a peek" at a wiki page.

Hah! Tell me about it...

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 08-14-2011, 12:28 PM
My brother just told me the name of a certain character. I was like..."Dude! Don't say that"

Harima Kenji
Thu, 08-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Time to rewatch the previous series... cuz I have NO idea who is who anymore...

Alhuin
Fri, 10-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Commie - Shana 3 - Episode 1 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=250961)

Leaving this here, unless someone wants to just make a new thread.

Supposedly SS-Eclipse are going to be doing this, even though Eclipse is "dead". If this is the case, I'll wait for them.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Meh... I'll just get this release and switch over if a better group comes around.

Kraco
Sat, 10-08-2011, 12:49 AM
Better dead than red... I'll wait for another group. Surely a title like Shana will attract someone else eventually, even Eclipse from beyond the grave shouldn't be impossible.

RyougaZell
Sat, 10-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Well I watched Commie and it wasn't unwatchable.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Commie - Shana 3 - Episode 1 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=250961)

Leaving this here, unless someone wants to just make a new thread.

Supposedly SS-Eclipse are going to be doing this, even though Eclipse is "dead". If this is the case, I'll wait for them.

Eclipse did say that they'll do odd jobs if good friends asked them to or something. Shana II didn't exactly leave me wanting more (though the franchise as a whole is at a point where I must complete it), so I'll wait for something.

Archangel
Sat, 10-08-2011, 09:22 AM
I wated so hard i derped

Just to make sure, did i miss something? Yuji is gone out of nowhere, they think he's alive because of the letters, and he's now Bal Masque's leader. He's leading a shit ton of demon in the epilogue and fighting Shana because he wants to... save her? Add to that an inner monologue that apparently gave him all that power with some currently unknown entity.

If the second episode mindfucks me this hard I'll have to buy contraceptives for my brain.

fireheart
Sat, 10-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Well the fact that Yuji is gone isn't really out of nowhere since they hinted at it already at the end of the second season with the footprints disappearing. And seeing as Yuji already got both Johan and Silver inside of him it might have something to do with what's happening to him now. I'm just assuming Silver is inside of him though considering his barrier and what Margery said.

Marik
Sat, 10-08-2011, 04:14 PM
[SS-Eclipse] Shakugan no Shana Final - 01 - 720p mkv: Torrent (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/[SS-Eclipse]%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Final%20-%2001%20%281280x720%20Hi10P%29%20[853CEC84].mkv.torrent) | DDL (http://hotfile.com/dl/131823070/f7074f4/SS-Eclipse_Shakugan_no_Shana_Final_-_01_1280x720_Hi10P_853CEC84.mkv.html) - 400p avi: Torrent (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/[SS-Eclipse]%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Final%20-%2001%20%28XviD%29%20[F298747A].avi.torrent) | DDL (http://hotfile.com/dl/131822881/e235f97/SS-Eclipse_Shakugan_no_Shana_Final_-_01_XviD_F298747A.avi.html)

Archangel
Sat, 10-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Hmmm... to archive or not to archive, that is the question.

I can't help but think they'll drop it midway and that there's no way they're doing the Blurays.

Kraco
Sat, 10-08-2011, 05:23 PM
That ended up easier to watch than I expected, despite remembering poorly the last events of the previous season. Yuji becoming the leader of Bal Masque was naturally a surprise, but if he has got a plan and above all the balls to pull it off despite the inevitable confrontation with Shana, why not. It's not like Shana, or any other Flame Haze, would have achieved any lasting miracles during the time they have worked. In that sense Yuji could hardly succeed worse unless he brings about the end of mankind...

Alhuin
Sat, 10-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Until the end of the episode, I was annoyed with the face-off between Yuji-alter and Shana. It felt like a big moment, that would have been a great twist later in the series when he "comes back" so to speak, but since we had seen that small part at the beginning, we all knew it would be coming. Then the ending theme played and you saw him take control anyways, so my annoyance dropped.

I have to say, since I had so much anticipation for this, I'm probably biased in my opinion, but I thought it was an amazing start for the final series.

I'm confused though, because I could have sworn Shana S (or whatever that OVA was) was supposed to lead into the third series, but this picked up right at the end of S2.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-09-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm confused though, because I could have sworn Shana S (or whatever that OVA was) was supposed to lead into the third series, but this picked up right at the end of S2.

It was supposed to "bridge" Shana II to Shana Final. In effect, what it tried to do was add in character interactions that it didn't cover in previous material so we have a better idea of the emotions driving our characters in Final.

Archangel
Sun, 10-09-2011, 10:04 AM
It was supposed to "bridge" Shana II to Shana Final. In effect, what it tried to do was add in character interactions that it didn't cover in previous material so we have a better idea of the emotions driving our characters in Final.
It was uninteresting side story drivel with the sole purpose of milking the Shakugan no Shana cash cow franchise a little harder before hammering the final nail in the coffin.

But hey, here's hoping i'll end up eating my words. The first episode looked promising enough at least.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 10-12-2011, 07:58 AM
If Yuuji's goal is to "save" Shana from her fate as a flame haze... then he is a fool. Shana was happy enough with things as they were. Trying to be heroic and saving her by removing himself from her side, and thus causing her unhappiness is utterly absurd and cliche.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-12-2011, 08:06 AM
If Yuuji's goal is to "save" Shana from her fate as a flame haze... then he is a fool. Shana was happy enough with things as they were. Trying to be heroic and saving her by removing himself from her side, and thus causing her unhappiness is utterly absurd and cliche.

I wouldn't say he's a fool just yet. He's been thinking, and I'd like to see what he's come up with before I decide on that.

Sounds like he was trying to find a way to solve the conflict between Tomogaras and the Flame Hazes, and has decided on his current action - whatever it is.

If that action requires him to be removed from Shana in the meanwhile, then he thinks the long term results are worth the short term punishment (for both of them).

Kraco
Wed, 10-12-2011, 09:50 AM
That's exactly what I'd assume his plan to be. It's not much of a life to live for them two if they need to be wary of some massive attack every waking and sleeping hour. Like I said earlier, Flame Hazes have been fighting for who knows how long yet have achieved nothing lasting. If Yuuji thinks he can do better, no reason not to do it even if it causes a minor setback with Shana. She's a fighting girl. She should understand.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 10-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Then why not tell her? It would save them a lot of drama.

Then again, there must be some noble and self-sacrificing cliche reason for that too.

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-12-2011, 08:39 PM
I always thought Yuuji was a fool. The start of this final series doesn't help his cause, even if in the end he redeems himself. I mostly care about Hecate not being killed in the end though.

Kraco
Thu, 10-13-2011, 01:58 AM

Then again, there must be some noble and self-sacrificing cliche reason for that too.

Who knows, maybe he's just a fool like Zell said, or maybe having a Flame Haze hanging in the background wouldn't help infiltrating Bal Masque... Because you can bet Shana wouldn't be satisfied with just sitting on her hands while Yuuji was out there doing dangerous things. It's not like Shana's brain was quite as sharp as her sword either, so she would easily ruin his plans if she knew about them.

fireheart
Thu, 10-13-2011, 03:35 AM

Just guessing but couldn't his actions be influenced by either Johan or Silver? I mean we don't really know what the deal is with those two inside of him and Johan has already broken free once so there is a chance of something similar with him just being influenced or only partially taken over.

Keno
Sat, 10-15-2011, 01:42 PM
All I gotta say is that Snake of the Festival's voice + Yuuji just do not match at all. I would've preferred if they at least went with a mix of both voices. Make him sound more like a wicked monster. Could be a tad annoying though. But that deep voice just does not match his body at all. Maybe it's Aizen who is throwing me off, dunno.

Other than that, pretty decent first 2 episodes so far. Seems like the 3rd episode could at least reveal a few mysteries with Yuuji being back in town.

Alhuin
Sat, 10-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Commie - 02 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=252656)

Waiting on Eclipse myself.

EDIT: And here it is...

SS-Eclipse - 02 (http://static-subs.com/releases/torrent.php?id=1463)

EDIT 2: So judging from the hologram, Bal Masque's ambition is world domination? Didn't we already know that? Seems too unoriginal to be it though. Good to see Sabrac again, though I highly doubt he'll have as much screen time as he did in the second season, but here's to hoping. I'm thinking Yuji might not have been possessed willingly; maybe the whole conversation in episode 1 was meant to weaken his mind... and then, later in the series, upon seeing Shana near death or something, he breaks through the possession and saves her with his new shounen power. I mean, "he" can take Yuji's original form, why wouldn't he be able to say things to make it seem like it was actually him (like what he shouted to Shana at the beginning of episode 1). Maybe I'm just tired and rambling off unoriginal ideas myself, as it's still way too early to determine anything concrete. Hopefully the next episode will give us a lot more to go on.

Kraco
Sun, 10-16-2011, 05:23 AM
That might be the case, but I'm still hoping Yuuji hasn't been subjugated in the first place. We don't really know what the other entities inside him want. As long as we are talking about the tomogara, for example, they are villains, so logically they should be just as eager to annihilate each other as anybody other, so their real ambitions and plans could be swinging in any direction. Yuuji might have accepted a costly compromise to reach his own goals, assuming he came up with one during the void scene of the first ep.

The thirteen in a dozen plot element of Yuuji being now asleep and waking up when Shana is in danger would really create a miserable ending for this series. I'd rather see something like Yuuji sacrificing himself to put an end to Bal Masque, leaving Shana live with a conflicting memory of him.

Archangel
Sun, 10-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Well that was annoying to watch... not only do they refuse to put the plot in perspective we're just jumping around different events every 5 seconds leaving me unable to grasp what's really going on anywhere.

The story feels rushed, the animation looks cheap and the character's motives (whatever few we can grasp from the already mentioned back and forth) appear shallow and uninteresting. Rocky start for an already questionable series.

I'll probably keep watching it regardless, though eventually i might just decide to wait and marathon the blurays for a more complete and far less excruciating experience.

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Well that was annoying to watch... .

My thoughts since Season 2

We keep getting new characters, no explanation and a mess of a plot, if any still exists.

Alhuin
Sun, 10-16-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm actually hoping for a Yuji sacrifice myself. He doesn't deserve Shana. Or maybe he'll get Yoshida to sacrifice herself for them both. That would be even better. *laughs maniacally*

Maybe I'm just biased with my fanboyism, but I kinda liked the second season, and I'm still excited/intrigued about this season. I agree that too many new characters are being introduced though.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-17-2011, 07:43 AM
I might have to read some summaries of the previous two seasons to get myself up to scratch. I barely remember that old guy as the best spell caster in the whole of Guze or something.

(and as I wrote that, just remembered him as a Tomogara who cared for the balance of the world and only ate dying mysteses on the verge of disappearance. He also used up a whole lot of mana to restore the environment after some attack or rather..)

The jumpiness doesn't help, but I'm still interested. I'm in the camp that thinks Yuuji is in co-operation with the other guys in his head. Normal devils give suggestions that try to temp you, which would make Silver a very poor one for using "Think, what do you want?" the whole time.

And regarding the very last scene with Yuuji on the train, the fact that he was detected should mean he's fundamentally changed as a Guze no Tomogara now.

Kraco
Mon, 10-17-2011, 02:56 PM
And regarding the very last scene with Yuuji on the train, the fact that he was detected should mean he's fundamentally changed as a Guze no Tomogara now.

At least with the eternal Duracell inside him he still doesn't need to eat people.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-22-2011, 06:41 PM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 03 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=254677)

----------------------

One of the better recap eps I've seen that moves the story/character along while giving us a refresher. Now I won't have to watch/read Shana I/II again. It's funny how when Yuji went through all the events, the only thing from S2 was the final fight. That just shows how much stuff form S2 actually mattered.

Alhuin
Sat, 10-22-2011, 10:40 PM
I agree this was a wonderful recap episode. I had forgotten some of the smaller details, like how Yoshida found out about Yuji, and how Yuji was the second child. I'm also glad it made clear, through his own words, how he felt about Shana. No more beating around the bush.

One thing that bugged me though was how much time apparently passed since his disappearance. It felt like it was only a couple weeks at the most, but the way he talked sounded like it was much longer.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Talking about things that bug us, I'm not a fan of Shana's new flame-hand move. Aesthetically it looks very rough and doesn't add to her charm at all.

The wedding dress thing in the OP though.. mmmmm.

Alhuin
Sun, 10-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Speaking of the opening... I can't wait for the full song to be released. It's slowly becoming my favourite Shana OP (since I actually like all the Shana OPs... and EDs for that matter). I can't tell if the "obvious" cut-and-splice moment (where she shouts "Shara! Shara!") is supposed to be like that, or if that was, indeed, where they combined two different parts of the original song.

Watching through the OP in the third episode, by the way, I finally noticed ryo of supercell was involved.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-23-2011, 12:30 AM
It's one of the better Kawada Mami songs. I found that her songs hadn't been sounding as nice as time goes by (particularly around the Shana II and Index times).

For me though, it's the ED that really does it right now.

Still, it's pretty hard to dethrone the very first Shana OP/ED.

animus
Sun, 10-23-2011, 12:47 AM
I watched a total of like 2 minutes in this episode. The rest I just skipped through because it was uninmportant and recaps.

Alhuin
Sun, 10-23-2011, 01:02 AM
It's one of the better Kotoko songs.

Fixed for accuracy.

Archangel
Sun, 10-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Talking about things that bug us, I'm not a fan of Shana's new flame-hand move. Aesthetically it looks very rough and doesn't add to her charm at all.

I just don't see the point in it, why would you focus on close crushing power when you already have close slicing power at hand? Bitch needs to work on her projectiles.

The flashbacks looked pretty good, makes me look forward to rewatching the first and second series once the BDs are out.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Fixed for accuracy.

Ah. My mistake then, and it makes my previous post invalid.

I actually like a good majority of Kotoko songs.

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-23-2011, 12:30 PM
I watched a total of like 2 minutes in this episode. The rest I just skipped through because it was uninmportant and recaps.

My feelings exactly. I didn't quite remember most of the scenes we got on flashbacks... but it annoyed me that most of the episode was lost on that.

Kraco
Mon, 10-24-2011, 03:41 AM
My feelings exactly. I didn't quite remember most of the scenes we got on flashbacks... but it annoyed me that most of the episode was lost on that.

I wasn't bothered by the flashbacks as such because I had indeed forgotten some things, like Yuji's mom's pregnancy. The only thing that bothered me was, how by the end, it all felt like stretching to have the only really meaningful moment, Yuji and Shana meeting, to be the cliffhanger. Because I doubt anybody was waiting for anything else when it was apparent Yuji decided to pay a visit to his old home town.

I wonder if Shana's going to like Yuji's Three Kingdom's looks...

Archangel
Sun, 10-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Commie: Episode 4

Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=256369) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/wjpRvJB)

Still no idea of wtf is going on.

David75
Sun, 10-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Do they want us to think Yuji was that creation god from the very start?

Alhuin
Sun, 10-30-2011, 10:19 PM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 04 (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Final%20-%2004%20(1280x720%20Hi10P)%20%5b649BCB56%5d.mkv.to rrent)

Wasn't up on SS' site, but was on Eclipse's... just took me awhile to decide to check it.

EDIT: Well, at least it picked up a little bit. Seems like the Silver mystery was solved, and yes, it does seem like "they" are trying to make us think that Yuji was the God of Creation all along. It would make sense why he was so unique (even with the Reiji Maigo). I'm really not liking his look though... seriously. The more I see it, the more I cringe. I think I'd have preferred him looking normal over this.

What was the ring around his neck again? I don't remember that one. And I vaguely remember the sword... don't remember how he got it or who he got it from... but I definitely remember him getting it and starting to use it (I think it was really heavy or something?).

Also, were there this many random panty-flashes in the previous two series? I mean, obvious bathroom/changing fanservice is one thing, but in the middle of fights? I'm not complaining, but still...

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-31-2011, 02:18 AM
What was the ring around his neck again? I don't remember that one. And I vaguely remember the sword... don't remember how he got it or who he got it from... but I definitely remember him getting it and starting to use it (I think it was really heavy or something?).

Yuji got the ring from the Tomogara that attacked the school back in S1 - the fellow with the pistol. It has the power to absorb flames.

The sword was taken from the twins (male and female pair, blond, prolly no more than 12 years old). The sister had brother-complex and did whatever he wanted. The brother acted like a kid all the time. Shana was tied up one time by the vines they used, and had her shirt cut open. :P I can't remember if the sword (Blutsauger or something) had any special abilities. Whatever it had, I'm pretty sure it used mana to do it.

I'm not quite sure I follow with everything that happened this episode. I don't think they mean that Yuji was the God of Creation, but more so the Reiji Maigo. Now that they're one and the same, it doesn't really matter though - but it does explain why this God of Creation and this ex-mortal Yuji became one.

His connection with Bal Masque isn't so clear though. Was Bal Masque created to find him as their commander, or did he actually create Bal Masque. His earlier words with the Major suggested that he went on a journey - perhaps becoming or creating the Reiji Maigo to travel the world and see the world through different perspectives before deciding on how he wanted to change it.

@Al: Panty flashes were around since S1, yes. Battle flashes and all. I enjoyed them as much as I enjoy them now.

Yukimura
Tue, 11-01-2011, 09:57 PM
IIRC Blutsauger's power is basically inflicting super wounds on anyone it hits, far beyond the damage of the actual strike. Yuuji started training with it in the second season as he was leveling up his badassness.

This whole God of Creation thing seems to be coming out of left field. I'd be willing to buy that the 'Yuuji' we know was always a dormant form of the God of Creation but they're going to have to give us a bit more before I'd go along with it.

fireheart
Wed, 11-02-2011, 04:46 AM
Well Alastor said he was banished into the void and Yuuji somehow ended up there when he "disappeared" so it seemed more like the God of Creation used Yuuji to get out as he hadn't completely disappeared hence they became one.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Well Alastor said he was banished into the void and Yuuji somehow ended up there when he "disappeared" so it seemed more like the God of Creation used Yuuji to get out as he hadn't completely disappeared hence they became one.

In that case, we'll need an explanation on how Yuuji disappeared into the void, and how he got out. Supposedly magic does not work there..

Kraco
Wed, 11-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Yuuji certainly couldn't have been the god from the beginning since magic works more than well enough in that town he was born in. Like fireheart, I also believe the most logical explanation is Yuuji, possibly by chance, possibly by design, was an instrument to get the god out of the miserable prison he was trapped in. But yeah, certainly this came out of nowhere.

Shana seemed quite lost during this whole ep. She was putting up a fight as it is her duty, but whenever she wasn't swinging her sword, she certainly didn't know what to think, let alone do. Such indecisiveness certainly serves Yuuji well. No wonder he made short work of her.

Alhuin
Thu, 11-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Late because the translator's computer died.

SS-Eclipse - Shana Final 05 (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Final%20-%2005%20(1280x720%20Hi10P)%20%5bA7CC8FDB%5d.mkv.to rrent)

EDIT: Loli-Shana = Win. I want one. Don't remember who the skeleton guy was. I'd wiki it, but I'm afraid of spoiling myself. So much is happening and so many new characters are being introduced without any introduction... my initial hype for this season is starting to wear off, and I'm beginning to understand how it's going downhill. I hope the resolution of this arc, or the series if it takes that long, is enough to justify the means.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-11-2011, 09:40 AM
The Skeleton guy was one of the Tomogara who fought with the first Shakugan no Shana. He loves her, and Wilhelmina loved him. He had a part in raising loli-Shana. He sealed his form into a skeleton so he could live longer or something, but then died after he used a Rainbow Beam during an attack on their sky fortress.

Thanks for bringing that up though. I was wondering what that bloody Tenjou-thingy was that is never meant to be brought together with Sereiden. It's that very fortress!

But yeah, I agree with you about the whole story and the flow. It doesn't seem that rushed, but it's just that detail keeps popping up left right and centre that seems to have a significant effect on the plot, yet are seemingly pulled out due to convenience rather than the author's planning.

We also don't have a clear idea on what's going on, or what everyone's trying to do. All together, it inhibits immersion.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-12-2011, 09:52 PM
SS-Eclipse - episode 06 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=259819 )

------------------------

I had to dig those episodes back up to confirm whether that Shana who was talking to Shiro was the current Shana, or the previous Empatsu-Shakugan hunter Matilda. Shana can really look mature when required. (:3)

Digging up old material also reminded me what this series has been missing: melon bread.

Definitely not the mood right now, but I sure hope it comes back when all goes well (and it better all go well, though I won't mind if Yuuji dies in some romantic way).

Archangel
Sun, 11-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Inb4 yandere Hecate.

Alhuin
Sat, 11-19-2011, 10:55 PM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 07 (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Final%20-%2007%20(1280x720%20Hi10P)%20%5b8C6DCFCD%5d.mkv.to rrent)

Edit: I enjoyed this episode, since I stopped caring about anyone new they introduced (not that they really did this episode). Out of all the things that have come up again, I actually remembered the Hougu Pheles gave to Yoshida. I remember wanting her to use it so bad last season, mostly because I just wanted her out of the picture.

I was a bit confused with the "Tyrant" explanation. It's obvious they are referring to the Silver, but it was explained there are two of them: one inside the Reiji Maigo, and the other that is teleporting around the world. And it is gathering emotions. So, doesn't that mean Margery wasn't the one that killed her family/town, or whatever it was? Aside from that, though, I have a feeling the comment about the insignia left before the "fusion" (which was deemed a 'glitch') will be very important later in the series.

Oh, and... gothic-lolita Shana... yes please.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-20-2011, 12:47 PM
[ASL]_KOTOKO_-_Shakugan_no_Shana_III_OP_-_Light_My_Fire_[FLAC]_[w_Scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=261473)
[ASL]_KOTOKO_-_Shakugan_no_Shana_III_OP_-_Light_My_Fire_[MP3]_[w_Scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=261474)

Marik
Sun, 11-27-2011, 09:17 AM
[SS-Eclipse] Shakugan no Shana Final - 08 - 720p: Torrent (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/[SS-Eclipse]%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Final%20-%2008%20%281280x720%20Hi10P%29%20[0AE54B9B].mkv.torrent) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/xQVMbtw) - 400p: Torrent (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/[SS-Eclipse]%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Final%20-%2008%20%28XviD%29%20[7AD89451].avi.torrent) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/4JRfebk)

Archangel
Sun, 11-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Stop introducing new characters!

What a convoluted fucking mess of a plot, I don't know if i'm to blame the author or if this is just JC Staff being JC Staff as usual.

Xelbair
Sun, 11-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Both, Arch. Both.

Alhuin
Tue, 11-29-2011, 01:41 AM
So they're making a surprise attack on Seirei-den.
The Seirei-den that has "never been seen by an enemy in the hundred years since it's been built".
And there just happens to be a fish that wishes to deploy the standby forces to prepare for an attack based on nothing more than a hunch.

I don't know if I should consider that amazing tactical forethought or convenient plot development.

David75
Tue, 11-29-2011, 02:03 AM
I wonder where that show is going.
The last few eps before that one were lots of talks with names and events not related to what we've seen till then. It was hard to follow and even get interested.
Now, some action comes, but it still is overfilled with data. Somehow, it seems they try to put as much details as they can from the source material with the little time they have.

Back to the story, somehow I feel we'll have a end were we understand everyone is the same, only they had different choices and some decided to feed on human souls.

After all, flame hazes powers does not seem very different from Guze no Tomogara's.
The main difference is how they look like, GnTs do not look like humans, more like monsters.
The other one might be the source of power, where is the power the flame hazes get come from?
GnTs might be powered with the souls they eat.

Well, we shall see when this show ends.

Archangel
Tue, 11-29-2011, 05:30 AM
We actually already know all that stuff david...

You should rewatch the first eps of the first season.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-04-2011, 12:00 AM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 09 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=264901)

Archangel
Sun, 12-04-2011, 09:42 AM
That scene where she couldn't get up even though she was without any visible wounds and then went ape city on that Rinne was beyond retarded.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Hmm.. another show that I still need to catch up on..

Seriously, at the pacing and the rate where they were throwing characters left, right and center though.. motivation isn't exactly high.

[ASL]_ALTIMA_-_I'll_believe_[FLAC]_[w_scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=266728)
[ASL]_ALTIMA_-_I'll_believe_[MP3]_[w_scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=266729)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-10-2011, 09:49 PM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 10 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=267131)

Alhuin
Wed, 12-14-2011, 08:04 PM
I am so confused.

The ending with Shana felt powerful and meaningful, but it didn't have any effect on me. It's like it all came out of nowhere, and her reasoning was nowhere close to what we were lead to believe (no mention of her power that came from Yuji?).

I really hope the end justifies the means.

Archangel
Thu, 12-15-2011, 05:52 AM
The ending with Shana felt powerful and meaningful, but it didn't have any effect on me.
...wat??

Alhuin
Thu, 12-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Sorry, felt like it should be. But since I was so confused, it actually wasn't.

Alhuin
Sat, 12-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Double-post for new episode: SS-Eclipse - Episode 11 (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Final%20-%2011%20(1280x720%20Hi10P)%20%5b76215EE5%5d.mkv.to rrent)

Archangel
Sun, 12-18-2011, 11:21 AM
NUN INAZUMA KICK~!!!! I loled

Also, fucking. Didn't see it coming from this show.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 12-18-2011, 12:49 PM
So current highlight of the show. Sex.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Margery's way better without her makeup.. but.. that kinda come out of nowhere. (as did much of everything else).

While S2 felt like a slowed, filler version of S1, S3 feels like I'm watching something completely different.

Catching up really wasn't so bad. I'm ever annoyed at how the villians are always portrayed as cannon fodder though. Those flame hazes were taking them on 1vs5. Only when Eel came out did they get killed. Now Eel is gone, a bigger army rocked up and they're still pissing their pants? Surely their numbers aren't more than 5x the Flame Hazes'.

LOL at the ultimate defence dude a few episodes back too. Shana's sword can slice through what Gundam-Golem couldn't smash? That's pretty weird.

Spiral Organ's one character that has me interested. Both sides don't really mind that he's sitting on the fence. At the same time, (s)he's a big shot that values peace - so what on earth is he trying to do?

Alhuin
Wed, 12-21-2011, 11:19 PM
So all the mystery around Decarabia, and he's taken out in half an episode. What a letdown.

I guess sex and a power-kick are enough to make up for it though.

Next episode: Sabrac round 2. Let's hope things start picking up from here.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-25-2011, 09:49 PM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 12 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=271377)

Alhuin
Tue, 12-27-2011, 12:50 AM
I forgot to ask this after watching the previous episode, but where in the hell did the blizzard come from? Wasn't Seirei-den dropped in a rocky/desert type climate?

Anyways, I enjoyed this episode. The situation with Sabrac has me confused, and I'm not sure what the significance of Wilhelmina's rune-trail was, but watching the fight felt better than anything else so far (except maybe the first meeting of Shana and new-Yuji). Having several more characters introduced (or at least mentioned) is unsettling, of course.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-27-2011, 01:14 AM
No idea. The flame hazes even had a weather forecaster with them for some odd reason. Who brings one into battle anyway?

This episode I was more confused at the fact that the Major's eye appeared to be the seal for the Serpent. I can look past the Hecate's unlocking, but the whole eye thing makes it seem like the Major's responsible for the sealing in the first place.

I found the whole "Shana is dangerous" part a little exaggerated. She basically said "If you kill Yuuji to go into Serpent Form, I'll kill myself to use Flame God mode". Matilda did that in her battle all those years ago.. and it's not like you need to be at a certain level to execute that move, so I don't see the surprise.

Did they never expect a suicide attack?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-08-2012, 08:31 PM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 13 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=274981)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 01-23-2012, 07:47 AM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 14 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=276723), 15 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=278821)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-04-2012, 08:00 PM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 16 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=281681), 17 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=283994)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-19-2012, 12:27 AM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 18 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=286578), 19 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=288542)

David75
Sun, 02-19-2012, 08:42 AM
I guess everyone dropped the odd idea of commenting what happens in that show.
This is so utterly full of WTF events/names/concepts that it becomes totally unreadable, impossible to understand and incredibly tiring/boring. The only thing that amaze me is that I chose to continue watching that soup.

How about you?

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 02-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah I have given up trying to understand just what the hell is going on.

Archangel
Tue, 02-21-2012, 11:04 AM
I've given up, period.

Might watch a batch when it's done but that's about it.

Animeniac77
Tue, 02-21-2012, 04:51 PM
the start of the 1st ep. basically showed what appears to be the end or near the end as the following episodes mainly portray Yuji's Main ambition to make "Xanadu" a parallel world of what appears to be earth filled with an infinite amount of "Power of Existence" so that the monsters will basically not have to eat humans or absorb one another in an attempt to stay alive, which makes sense i mean who's to stop them let alone their right? (apparently Shana and other Flame Hazes), majority of flame hazes gave up when he made that note during his declaration leading to huge deaths (idk why), Spiral Organ guy or w/e his name was (the old man) basically is helping them make Xanadu but does not intend of joining their so-called "Paradise" for he wishes to remain on earth to sort of "Soak Up" whatever "Power of Existence" will be left on earth (why he wants to do this idk either not yet clear, maybe power?) the only reason i could see the flame hazes opposing Yuji would probably be because there would no longer be a use for them if the denizens were to simply "disappear" which is what yuji is trying to accomplish. to rid Shana of her "need to fight" her never ending battle. on the 20th episode...i have no idea why the sand lady appeared with her "bf" (bf was trapped inside Yuji and original owner of that gear inside him) the gf (that sand lady who i faintly remember from S2 i believe) happened to be inside that wooden-looking cross that the girl held (god i can't keep up with the names) but anywho, i don't know how it'll progress from here

Alhuin
Wed, 02-22-2012, 03:00 PM
I became bored. I still download the episodes, thinking I might watch them. It's a shame too, 'cause Shana was always one of my favourites back in the day.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-01-2012, 11:25 PM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 20 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=290862)

---------------------

the only reason i could see the flame hazes opposing Yuji would probably be because there would no longer be a use for them if the denizens were to simply "disappear" which is what yuji is trying to accomplish. to rid Shana of her "need to fight" her never ending

Yuji is creating a new world for the Tomogara to live in and to feed off without upsetting the balance of the world.

The flame haze believe that it will not have zero impact on the balance of the world. The Mist God (one of the Four Gods of the Motherland who died in the first battle) said that the problems that Tomogara cause is not caused by the remove of residual energy from eating humans. It's the actual act of changing stable-energy (humans) to unstable-energy (edible energy). Even if they create their world in the rift so that their actions will have no net change in energy for the real world, the fact that they're still changing the state of energy that exists will result in catastrophe anyway. What I wonder about is, if the rift-world is separate from the Flame Haze and Guze world, why would the change matter?

Pheles and Johan's involvement.. is weird. What the hell did Johan tell her to do anyway, and why leave now?

The new OP and ED aren't bad. I prolly prefer ED1 and OP2 overall.

edit: and talking about the Gods of the Motherland, they're pretty hax. Why aren't they just spearheading the attacks? The power-levels of the characters themselves fluctuate a lot too, in particular, Metamorphis.

Yukimura
Mon, 03-05-2012, 04:40 PM
At least now we know who the random clown guy with the medieval guitar is, but once again we're introduced to some obscenely powerful entity that we've never heard of before. I wish the first half of season two was spent developing some of these big players in the Shana universe as opposed to all that stupid Hecate goes to high school for no reason and the whole cast angsts about it nonsense.

I'm pretty much just slogging through this for the sake of completion but I've made up my mind that this show a fizzle, good idea and setting, poor execution for seasons two and three.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-10-2012, 08:54 AM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 21 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=294437)

----------------------------

I've always wondered about this... Why do Guze Kings not have the need to feed off humans like Guze no Tomogara do? The Flame Hazes and Guze Kings seem to have an unlimited amount of energy while Tomogaras seem to require feasting to maintain themselves.. or so it's implied anyway. Or do Tomogara simply like the extra fuel for fun?

Funny how a fundamental question like that comes up this late in the series.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-12-2012, 08:08 PM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 22 (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Final%20-%2022%20(1280x720%20Hi10P)%20%5bE89B764C%5d.mkv.to rrent)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-19-2012, 03:44 AM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 23 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=297225)

----------------------

All the Tomogara made the new world and left. What else is there to fight for? >_>

I don't get it.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-25-2012, 06:22 PM
SS-Eclipse - Episode 24 (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Final%20-%2024%20(1280x720%20Hi10P)%20%5b4B866A6E%5d.mkv.to rrent)

--------------------

The flame-haze all want to go over and play with the Tomogara on the other side too now? lolwut?

Super-baby was just the side effect of the lovebirds wanting to stay together.

Tomogara decided that they can live with humans after all. (so effectively they didn't need a new world.. but they never said anything about living with flame hazes)

The only concrete result was that having all the Tomogara leave the world, there was enough power of existence to restore everybody who was eaten by a Tomogara in the past in Misaki City.

It just seems like a very small thing to come to after so many episodes.. ah well.

Keno
Mon, 03-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Was hoping for a much better ending to this story but oh well. The only thing I enjoyed during this whole final season was that it made me believe Flame Hazes were the "bad" guys and Tomogaras were the victims all along. Didn't like that it ended with everyone all goody goody though. Even though I despise bittersweet endings, this one actually feels like it needed one.

Anyway, decent story overall. If it wasn't for that dreadful 2nd season adaptation, the final season wouldn't have been that confusing to some.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 03-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Highlight of the show: Margery getting laid.

Kraco
Fri, 03-30-2012, 04:45 AM
While this ending had some good things going for it, it also had some bad ones of equal weight. More practically thinking, considering this whole season, was how overpowered the Flame Hazes appeared due to their plot armor, yet still kept mumbling about being overpowered by the Tomogara. Even this last fight had ten thousand Tomogara and a dozen Flame Hazes. Still Tomogara were going down like weed, but all the Flame Hazes lost was the super annoying Ah, ah, ah, ah prince (why didn't he disintegrate immediately anyway?).

The other thing was the ridiculous outcome of Xanadu. It was supposed to be a paradise for the Tomogara, who didn't previously really have a place of their own. There's certainly no place for monsters in the real world. They were monsters, yes, and I don't think they needed to eat humans for survival but for developing. However, now they have a "paradise" where they can't eat humans (and thus can't get stronger that way), which could be just fine if that was all, but unfortunately the place is now also infested by Flame Hazes, whose greatest desire is to kill Tomogara (because revenge was the motive for most of them, like the Aztec super Flame Haze so brilliantly demonstrated, enjoying killing Tomogara to the max). Some paradise it is if the Tomogara are weak yet still must fight for survival against the Flame Hazes.

I'm not particularly defending the Tomogara, like I said, they were monsters, but Yuji's final solution was to push them to another world, thus freeing the real world of their scourge. He will now have his hands full of trying to prevent their genocide in their own paradise. I wonder if Shana fully realised what she got into... But then again, she's the shining star among the Flame Hazes, so maybe she will find herself in the uncomfortable position of trying to hold them back for Yuji's sake.

Archangel
Tue, 04-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Well... it's over. Not much to say besides that.