PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Summer 2011

Marik
Wed, 04-27-2011, 08:21 AM
http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/summer11v2s.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/summer11v2.jpg)

Baka Test Ni! :)

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-27-2011, 08:36 AM
That time of the year already huh? Even though it seems the season just started.

Let's see... from that list I want to check:

The IDOLM@STER - Finally a proper adaptation and not a what-if story (like Xenoglossia)
Blood-C - Honestly... never seen any Blood adaptations... I want to check this one for CLAMP

Dang... that was short and sad...

OVA to watch:
Kore wa Zombie desu ka?
Ao no Exorcist
Valkyria Chronicles III
Fairy Tail: Yousei Gakuen
Hellsing Ultimate
Kiss x Sis

MFauli
Wed, 04-27-2011, 08:44 AM
what a shit season (again).

From that list...only Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni for me.

What happened to the new BERSERK-series/movie/ova? :/

Xelbair
Wed, 04-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Series i won't possibly watch:
Manyuu Hinekchou
R-15
Itsuka Tenma(seems like crappy Tsukihime ripoff)

Series i'll rather watch:
Kami-sama no memo-chou
Sacred Seven(if GAR levels are high enough)
Dantalian no Shoka
Ikoku Meiro no Croisse
No.6
Towa no Quon(it is being made by BONES - that is enough reason for me to watch it )

Series i'll absolutely have to watch:
Baka test
Appleseed XIII
Higurashi no naku no koro ni Kira OVA :3
Ao no Exorcist OVA
Fairy Tail OVA
Hellsing Ultimate OVA! finally!
Sora no Otoshimono Movie
Fullmetal Alchemist Movie.

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-27-2011, 03:22 PM
The IDOLM@STER - Finally a proper adaptation and not a what-if story (like Xenoglossia)
Xenoglossia was a good mecha show. It may not have been much of an Idolmaster story, but it was way more interesting than the "true" Idolmaster adaption sounds like. Don't forget that Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha is a What-If story.

Appleseed XIII: The movies haven't really done the concept justice, hopefully they can flesh it out a bit more.
Blood-C: I'll admit that I'm a sucker for CLAMP character designs and that promo art looks great. Hopefully less emo than previous adaptation.
Usagi Drop: Huge fan of the manga, and anyone who liked Aishiteru ze Baby should definitely watch it too.
Ikoku Meiro no Crosiee: I tend to really enjoy period stuff, and there isn't always enough of it lately.
Manyuu Hikenchou: I've watched a lot of the other horribly trashy action shows these past few years, what's one more?

Highly anticipating the Sora no Otoshimono movie. Without a doubt it is covering one of the best arcs of the series.

Kraco
Wed, 04-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Looks like a decent enough season, even if I don't see the need for a new Blood-C show (will watch it nonetheless, though). Usagi Drop, however, is a fine gift indeed. Aishiteru ze Baby is still one of my all time favorite shows and Usagi bears a nice resemblance yet still is vastly different. Appleseed should be good considering the movies. I'll have a look at a bunch of the other shows, but it's hard to say yet which ones are keepers, just like with this season. Lots of unknown titles.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 04-27-2011, 03:45 PM
NATSUME YUUJINCHOU SAN!?????
I can't believe it. I was just browsing through some online manga reading sites earlier, and saw that the chapters translated are already double the length the first 2 anime covered. I then thought how awesome it would be if they made a new season for this. Then it actually happened.

Other stuff I'm looking forward to:
Blood-C - She looks hot. Red and black theme is one of my favorites.
Appleseed XIII - Big fan of the two movies.
BakaTest Ni - Hideyoshi, nuff said.
Usagi Drop - I was reading the manga, but lost interest when the loli grew up
No.6 - I am reading the manga. I did not realize it was a light novel. I prefer the manga art though.
Kami-sama no Memo Chou - Sounds like a good replacement for GOSICK
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee- Same reason as Ryll.

As for the movies:
Sora no Otoshimono
Full Metal Alchemist
For obvious reasons.

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Xenoglossia was a good mecha show. It may not have been much of an Idolmaster story, but it was way more interesting than the "true" Idolmaster adaption sounds like. Don't forget that Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha is a What-If story.

I didn't say it was bad. Heck, I even liked it. But in terms of Idolmaster... it only shared the characters.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 04-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Probably only watch Blood-C, but that gonna have to wait till after I get back from Boot camp zz.

Belial
Wed, 04-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Oly Blood-C for me probably :(

shinta|hikari
Wed, 04-27-2011, 11:40 PM
No one here watched Natsume Yuujinchou?

Do yourself a favour and do so. It already has 2 seasons, and with the 3rd coming, this is the perfect time to catch up.

animus
Wed, 04-27-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm looking forward to Natsume Yuujinchou 3. I liked how mellow the series is.

The only things I'm looking forward to this summer season are prob Yuujinchou 3, Usagi Drop, Blood-C and Bakatest 2.

I'd be looking forward to No. 6, but I haven't been impressed much with BONES lately. But who knows it might turn out good.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 04-28-2011, 02:33 AM
TV Series:

Baka Test Ni: Been waiting for this.
Blood-C: Clamp and Production I.G, i have high hopes.
Nura 2: The first season was pretty badly adapted, but it mostly cover a lot of boring stuff in the manga. I'm in if they can adapt the Edo arc properly
Sacred Seven: I'll give it a shot, Sunrise only disappoints when it involves Gundam.

Movies:

Negima
Sora no Otoshimono
Hayate
FMA

David75
Thu, 04-28-2011, 03:30 AM
Humm, Croisée is a little strange.
It is hard enough to have a good description of Paris in 1800, so I wonder what they can do about it.
I do hope they at least try to get pointers from Zola or Balzac...

Archangel
Tue, 05-31-2011, 09:04 AM
Wait, wat? Mahou Sensei Negima movie? A movie on the Rakan battle????

ALL OF MY SEMEN!!

Marik
Sat, 06-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Version 2.0

Morita-san wa Mukuchi (TV), Nyanpire The Animation (TV), Yuru Yuri (TV), Mawaru Penguindrum (TV), Inumarudashi (TV), Double-J (TV), & Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream (DVD) were added. Broadcast information for numerous titles updated.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/summer11v2s.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/summer11v2.jpg)
http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/summer11v2.jpgs (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/summer11v2.jpg)

Marik
Mon, 06-27-2011, 02:30 AM
Random Curiosity's Summer 2011 Preview (http://randomc.net/2011/06/25/summer-2011-preview)

Belial
Mon, 06-27-2011, 08:00 AM
They have outdone themselves this season, nothing but BLOOD-C looks remotely interesting

Will probably check out Kami-sama Dolls and Dantalian no Shoka in the hopes the characters won't be to annoying and be disappointed like always

Kraco
Fri, 07-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Hohoo... Usagi Drop's Rin will be voiced by a 9 years old kid. Her VA choice was actually one thing worrying me. The usual lolis in bulk shows can be voiced by the likes of Yukari Tamura, but this is a different thing, just like Aishiteru ze Baby was. The promo was too short to really judge her performance, but since the VA issue was handled similarly to Aishiteru I'll be expecting good results overall.

Archangel
Fri, 07-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Inb4 that kid turns into a Hollywood crack whore