PDA

View Full Version : TV: Game of Thrones

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sapphire
Tue, 04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8900/jasonmomoaasfrankieseau.jpg

Set in the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, where "summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime," Game of Thrones chronicles the violent dynastic struggles among the kingdom's seven noble families for control of the Iron Throne; as the series opens, additional threats from the snow and ice covered region north of Westeros and from the eastern continent across a narrow sea are simultaneously beginning to rise.

I liked the show so much, that I immediately got the book and read it. Then read all the summaries on Wikipedia, then skimmed the rest of the books... So much for spoiler control.

And Daenerys has some orgasmic costumes (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4016342016/ch0158597) on this show. Wow. She's my favorite character just because of that.

Animeniax
Tue, 04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
The books are amazing. Spoiler alert: people actually die in this series. If you think there's no possible way a particular person will die, he will inevitably die soon. You should read the books before watching the show.

Did you dl a torrent? Please pm me where from.

reckless
Tue, 04-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Great books and so far(watched the first ep lol) great show. I am actually working on getting the 2nd episode atm. Completely forgot about it until I saw this thread.

Sapphire
Wed, 04-27-2011, 10:37 PM
I know right? Why is no one watching this? It's fucking awesome.

TwisT
Wed, 04-27-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm watching it. And man is it a great show. One of my all time favorites so far. Hopefully it will continue like the last 2 episodes. I'm to tired right now to remember the names of everyone but man do i hate the prince and sister that is getting groomed by the queen. Someone need to spear them both. Love seeing "Boromir". My heart broke a little when he had to kill the wolf, but i was smiling anyways because it was that bitches wolf that got killed. Now she got hers for not sticking up for her sister and telling the truth. But hating is good. It's usually boring if you love everything and everyone. As for who i like the most so far, i must say the dwarf. He's one cool dude. He is who he is, doesn't let anyone get to him and he's proud of who he is. You lay the hand you're dealt. What's not to like.

Might comment further on the rest of the characters when I'm not so tired, so until then, Good Night!

Penner
Thu, 04-28-2011, 11:56 AM
This show is, in every sense of the word, EPIC.

Kusanagi
Fri, 04-29-2011, 02:28 AM
This show is, in every sense of the word, EPIC.

Agreed. The book series is my favorite in any genre, and I've been anticipating the HBO series for nearly a year. Usually one might get upset when slight changes are made from the books to screen, but I think the ones they've made so far have had a positive impact on the way the show is seen by viewers who have not read the book.

Sapphire
Mon, 05-02-2011, 12:00 AM
I daresay this show has the best OP ever created. I have yet to see the actual episode, though.

Who is you guyses favorite character? (grammar wat) I love Daeny.

And what accent do the people speak in these types of shows? It seriously bothers me.

Munsu
Wed, 05-04-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm holding off on watching the show at the moment. I have all the books out so far, and will also have the next one coming out this summer. It's my bro's favorite book series.

Penner
Thu, 05-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Favourite characters (so far) would be Tyrion Lannister(so awesome!) and Eddard 'Ned' Stark, and possibly Khal Drogo, but he hasn't had that much screentime..

And omg how i hate that spoiled little shit prince Joffrey Lannister, i just want to punch him in the face!

Btw, in the latest ep when the douchebag Viserys Targaryen was raging on his sister and he then got slammed to the ground by a dothraki whip around his neck... god that was sooo sweet!

(going to take a while to memorize all the funky names in this show lol ^^)

Sapphire
Thu, 05-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Now you're making me feel bad, I only know Daeny's name. The rest are "blonde boy, bastard child, cool girl, pretty girl, hot MMA guy..."

Penner
Thu, 05-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Meh, don't feel bad lol, of the ones i mentioned i only knew Tyrion, Ned and Khal's full names, the other two i had to look up ^^

I almost always remember the names of the characters i like the most, the rest takes a while :p

Kusanagi
Sat, 05-07-2011, 05:42 AM
My favorite is Jon Snow, can't really go into why as it is a spoiler at this point. His direwolf is part of the reason but we've only had a few minutes of screen time for the wolves, which makes me think we won't see them much at all. Second favorite is Tyrion Lannister and I'm guessing most of you see why, his snide remarks and willingness to slap the spoiled prince when he needs it. :)

Lucifus
Sat, 05-07-2011, 06:05 AM
They're are also my favorite in that order as well. Especially in the books.

I'm glad to see the series being done justice though. They've definitely done a great job, but we're only a couple of episodes in. They still have time to screw it up.

TwisT
Tue, 05-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Tyrion is my favorite so far. Daenerys is also a favorite, the way she stood up to her brother. Arya is also up there. The way she don't seem contempt with being a pretty face that will marry into wealth and power, but rather be strong on her own merits and perhaps take the power by her own hand one day. I guess i like people who stands up for themselves, and do what they feel is right even though the social protocol says otherwise.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-16-2011, 07:23 PM
I've been following this series and I have to say it is completely epic. This is the best series I've seen in that type of setting. It kicks the living shit out of Camelot, even without magic. The fight that occured at the end of this latest episode (episode 5) wasn't the best performance I've seen but somehow, it was still very exciting to watch. I love the characters, love the costumes, love political intrigue, I love everything in it.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-16-2011, 11:18 PM
I love the loli, not just because. Gutsy, straightforward and cute, she wins my fave character award hands down.

I also like the imp, not just because. Smart, sly, and sharp-tongued, he gets 2nd place.

Sapphire
Tue, 05-17-2011, 12:30 PM
WTF shinta? Don't perv her up by calling her a loli. D:

shinta|hikari
Tue, 05-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Why is calling her a loli "perving" her up?

And what's wrong with calling a loli a loli, bastard?

Italicized part is a reference to the show. It is not meant as an insult to you, or any other bastards that may read my post.

EDIT: I reread my post and saw the text under my sig. You're right. I take back the 1st line of this post.

Sapphire
Wed, 05-18-2011, 06:21 PM
All right, so a crapload of crap happened in the last episode.

Renly got a hot shavings from Loras. I guess Loras is going to go around seducing girls, but bang Renly on the side to prove he's straight? Is it okay to be gay in their part of the world? I guess not, since Littlefinger was teasing Renly. The knife shaving scene was HOT.

I think we can glean from the episode that the hot naked guy at the beginning of the episode is a ward of ...Eddard Stark, I think? Either Eddard or Robert. Either way, his father tried to betray the throne, so he lives with another family now. I wonder if that caused issues? Banging a prostitute doesn't really say much. Or maybe it says EVERTHING.

Where the hell was Daeny this episode?! I need me some Khal Drogo and some brutish nomadic people.

Littlefinger and the eunich's conversation was pretty epic. Littlefinger was in The Wire. I like how HBO keeps hiring the same cast for its shows.

Don't really have much to say about the fight at the end. It was okay. If the king was pissed at me, and my wife kidnapped his nephew, who gives a crap about the previous hand? I would have skipped town as soon as possible. Instead he got stabbed in the leg and who knows what's going to happen? Jaime was a surprisingly good fighter. But of course he's the kingslayer, so that's to be expected. I like the mix of being a non-serious character with no ambition, but a stunning fighter.

Oh and LOL at the creepy boobie sucking scene. That was creepy and hilarious and creepy. Those dungeons at House Arryn are really fucked up, too. I would escape and slay anyone who put me in that dungeon. I thought John Arryn was a nice guy? Why would his house be so fucked up?

Penner
Thu, 05-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah that breastfeeding part was pretty creepy. And fuck that guard for back-stabbing Ned in the leg, lame as hell.

And i love every single scene Tyrion is in, he's that awesome.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Why would someone give their own (unique) dagger to an assassin?

Bad question, since everyone should know the answer.

Sapphire
Thu, 05-19-2011, 06:48 PM
The funny part is TV is usually so dumb that I just ignored the fact that giving someone one's OWN dagger for a murder plot makes no sense. There's some espionage up in this mother...

Sapphire
Fri, 05-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Okay guys. Which characters do you HATE?

I hate Sansa sometimes. She's a damn liar! She's so dumb that her wolf got murdered and she's not even mad at the right people. How could she still like Joeffrey? He's a weirdo and a coward.

Eddard. Eddard is boring and a goody two-shoes. All he cares about is being noble but he openly murdered the crazy dude from the wall in episode 1, let's not forget that.

Boobie Sucking Boy's mom. Lysa Arryn? They're all just weird!

John Snow. He thinks he's better than everyone else just because he wants to stand next to a wall all day in the freezing cold and beat, people up. So pretentious!

PS - Oddly enough, I do not hate Booby Sucking Boy himself.

Penner
Fri, 05-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Wat?, u hate Ned and Snow?? Crazytalk! :P

So far, the ones i hate/dislike the most would be (in this order) Joffrey, Viserys and Sansa (tho this is mostly for siding with that little bitchass prince and not her little sister, even when she knew he was lying, and got her wolf killed by doing so)

OT: I just had an EPIC portion of Vanilla Ice Cream with fresh sliced strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate sauce... t'was awesome ^^

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-20-2011, 11:27 AM
I hate Jeoffrey(sp?) and Sansa. I also dislike the King. He is the typical guy corrupt with power.

Ned I like. He had a reason for executing that crazy guy. He did not enjoy it.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 05-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Hate? That'd only be 3 characters. Viserys, Joffrey and Sansa. Viserys I actually enjoy watching as a character, He's pretty funny at times. That scene with the former "whore" comes to mind in episode 4. However, he's 100% bitchass. I hate bitchasses. Ditto for Joffrey, except I hate him more because he's never made me laugh. Sansa I hate for being a typical spoiled princess brat. She has all the characteristics of someone who's going to be a power monger, and a bitchass. In case I haven't made myself clear on how I feel about bitchasses, I hate them. To make things worse, she's of Stark lineage. I could at least understand her being that way if she was a Lannister, but she's a Stark. I hope she bleeds.

Sapphire
Fri, 05-20-2011, 12:05 PM
How do you guys hate Viserys? He's awesome! He has no shame. He wants his throne, and he came up with a sweet plan to get it. Daeny is ruining everything by suddenly getting balls. (That's just from his point of view. Daeny is still badass, to me.)

Also vanilla ice cream + whipped cream + strawberries sounds like its to die for.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 05-20-2011, 12:10 PM
It's true, but his ambition is greater than his abilities. His own sister even said it: "My brother is too full of bitchassedness to lead an army."

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Oh I forgot about Viserys because of my hatred of him.

Kusanagi
Fri, 05-20-2011, 03:10 PM
I hate Jaime, only because of what he did to Bran. Unforgiveable. We all know Joffrey is a steaming pile so I hate him too. I don't understand how anyone can hate Jon Snow or Ned Stark. IMO, they're the best (morally) that this series has right now. Kind of like the model to look up to for "little people" etc etc.

What I really like I noticed this last week, as the OP changed to include a diorama of The Eyrie (sp?).

Kusanagi
Mon, 05-23-2011, 02:25 AM
Where's Maury Povich when Stark needs him. I liked watching Visery's get his crown. It was a validating point for Daeny. Her realizations are probably going to shape the rest of her character for the rest of the series.

This is two episodes now we haven't seen Jon Snow and I'm starting to go through withdrawal. He and his wolf are just too awesome to ignore for too long.

Is the crow's third eye in Bran's dreams some kind of "link" to being a psychic or something?

Penner
Mon, 05-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Ooh man, that ending was so. fucking. sweet! In your face, Viserys! (literally)

This entire episode was crazy awesome!

Yukimura
Mon, 05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm really liking this show but I can't help but think OMG READ THE BOOKS! The show has been great at bringing the events and characters of the story to life but the television medium just can't match the sustained level of win that the books bring. I sincerely hope that the excellence of the show doesn't make people think they can skip out on the books and get the best of the Song of Ice and Fire experience. Still seeing the little touches of Westeros brought to life is my favorite part. Winterfell and the Red Keep and the Eyrie all look amazing and distinctly different just as they were described in the books. The characters have been great for the most part as well. I hate and like the characters just as much from their TV portrayals as I did in the books. I like how Sansa's smoldering, pouty hotness, Danerys' determined cuteness, and Arya's unflappable, brusque cuteness all combine with their actual personalities to make them that much more real. One place I do feel they missed out on is the scary characters. Gregor (Ser Horse Chopper) and Sandor Clegane (Mr. Burn Face) and Ilyn Payne (Ser No Talk) seemed much more menacing and scary in the books than their understandably limited real human actors can represent.

Some of the conversations in the series have been great as well. Littlefinger x Varys and Robert x Cersi in the last couple of eps have really fleshed out the characters and shown us good looks at what makes them tick underneath their courtly masks.

As for who is hateable to me
Viserys: He is a useless fop with a horrifically over-inflated sense of entitlement. He has never done anything in his life worthy of respect or honor, he just exists on the charity of others and mistakes that for his birthright. Illiryo came up with the plan with the Dohraki, apparently with the help of Varys and perhaps others in Westeros. At best Viserys would just be going along with the whims of more capable people than himself who would probably just be using him as a figurehead for their own aims.

Sansa: The lessons and behavior patterns of the North seem completely lost on her. I think one of the central contrasts the story of the first book sets up is between the honor-driven but inflexible attitude of the North and the devious but subtle and effectual politicking of the Southern kingdoms. In both cases family seems to matter quite a lot to the people involved in playing the game but in the North it seems like honor and family come before personal interests. Sansa cares only for herself and nothing for her family or their way of life. Despite taking after her mother in looks and general temperament the Tully words of Family. Duty. Honor. couldn't be more unfitting for her.

Lysa: Bitch is fucking crazy.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Oooooh....that ending was so orgasmic, I think I drooled a little while I waited to see what they were going to do with a kettle filled with melted gold. I mean, I probably knew, I knew, but it didn't hit me until it happened. It's almost as if my mind blocked all foresight so as to magnify the effect. I jumped up and tried to cheer as loudly as I could, but I was struck silent by the beautiful display! Oh so good...so very good...

My respect for Tyrion Lannister just continues to grow. He seems to exist in the perfect place along the moral spectrum, and is quite capable at maneuvering himself through a wide variety difficult situations by simply analyzing the situation, his own means, and finding where, when, and how he can be most effective. To some extent that can be said for almost everyone of note, but for Tyrion, you get the feeling that his methods are a directly related to his shortcomings (hehe, pun), and not some kind of training you'd expect from those of his social standing. I'm also starting to respect King Robert a lot more. Sure he has his faults, like excessive drinking and being a dickhead on a personal level to people he doesn't particularly like, but when it comes to realizing the impending threat presented by Danerys and her Dothraki, he has his head straight on, and he seems to be the only one to understand the need for unity at this time. It's too bad that he doesn't seem like he'll be able to get it...another shortcoming :-(

@Yukimura. I'm in total agreement with your character analysis. I'll also probably read the books, but I'm going to wait until the series is over. It does seem like the show glosses over a good number of details I'm sure the books cover, but even so, as a standalone the show is excellent. I'd really hate to know what happens next when the TV adaptation is so good.

Janice
Mon, 05-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Episode 07 pre-air webrip from hbogo.com:

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1058284671/game.of.thrones.s01e07.webrip_xvid.avi

Quality ain't the best but it's watchable.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Oh you evil temptress....tonight I slumber, cursing thy name. It's going to take all my will power to avoid watching that, but I'm going try :-(

kAi
Wed, 05-25-2011, 09:08 AM
This is one show I'm really enjoying! Tyrian is an awesome character!
It seems everyone has mostly the same view points on the characters in the series also.

After watching these episodes I've had the sudden urge to get the books for this series as well. But I think waiting for the first Season to finish will be a good idea before starting to read for the same reasons mentioned by Uchiha Barles.

That pre-air is enticing, but I think I will wait for the normal release days, because it will make it that much more before the next release, haha.

kyubisrage
Wed, 05-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Whoever hasn't seen episode 7 yet is missing out. I have directv with HBO so i used my login to watch it. WAS AMAZING. hurry up and watch it guys so we can discuss :p

Sapphire
Wed, 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM
You abstainers are weirdos. I watched the shit out of episode 7. Watch it!

Kusanagi
Wed, 05-25-2011, 01:52 PM
As someone who has read the books...I'm dreading episode 7.

Penner
Wed, 05-25-2011, 02:22 PM
I ain't watching no pre-air unless its 720p or better (actually, i very rarely watch anything unless its 720p/1080p, i'm a real "quality-whore" lol ^^)

Penner
Mon, 05-30-2011, 10:22 AM
CLIFFHANGER ENDING, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

This just gets more awesome with each passing episode!

Animeniax
Mon, 05-30-2011, 10:27 AM
As someone who has read the books...I'm dreading episode 7.

I'm in the same boat. It's been a few years since I read the books. Now that I'm watching the show, I'm remembering that it's mostly death and sadness, with no rainbow at the end. It's kind of hard to relive.

Sapphire
Mon, 05-30-2011, 10:31 AM
I like it. This is a proper "everyone and anyone can and will die" show.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Lord Stark...0 mind for politics. I'll never understand why being a "good" man and a "clever" man so often seem to be mutually exclusive. Such a shame.

Logrus
Mon, 05-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Crap! Eddard Starrk was my fav character so far :(
Hope those horseman hang that fagget of a new king( not predjudice, just he really is one), at least the sight of him would provoke them to attack even more.

Sapphire
Mon, 05-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Littlefinger is a good man. He gets what he wants. So sexy.

oyabun
Tue, 05-31-2011, 04:41 AM
And now the Dotharaki will invade + the winter is coming. I wonder how the 7 realms would survive.

Penner
Tue, 05-31-2011, 08:26 AM
Hmm, do they have Winter where the Dothraki live? Cause their whole look and culture seems to suggest they don't, which might cause some problems if they cross the sea and invade, then winter hits and they all freeze to death lol

I might be completely wrong and we just haven't seen any Dothraki winter clothing since its not winter yet.

Sapphire
Tue, 05-31-2011, 08:30 AM
That's a very good point. Maybe they just kill their horses and wear them?

shinta|hikari
Tue, 05-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Do you mean the hide only or is the flesh included?

Sapphire
Tue, 05-31-2011, 11:42 AM
The Dothraki are badass enough to wear the flesh too, probably. Probably don't even bother taking out the blood.

Death13a
Tue, 05-31-2011, 01:26 PM
King's Landing is in south so Dothraki will feel just fine there but north should be impossible to them as it's cold, forested area and it's people are used to raiding from Wildlings.

oyabun
Wed, 06-01-2011, 12:11 AM
But the winter will cover the whole 7 realms. What then?

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 06-01-2011, 05:59 AM
They've got Daeny to tell them of the winter and what they'll need to deal with it. Worry not, murder, raping, slavery, and pillaging WILL occur. In abundance.

kyubisrage
Fri, 06-03-2011, 08:04 PM
They've got Daeny to tell them of the winter and what they'll need to deal with it. Worry not, murder, raping, slavery, and pillaging WILL occur. In abundance.

Daeny was around no more than 4-5 years old when the last winter happened. She knows nothing about how to survive.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 06-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Truth, then they've got that slave seller guy who's been advising her to go to for advice on how to deal with the winter. He's quite a bit older. They'll be alright.

Sapphire
Sat, 06-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Um guys, she's Dothraki AND a fire goddess, she'll likely just beat the shit out of the winter.

oyabun
Sun, 06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
I think here fire prowess will end when she give birth to the Dothraki heir.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Hrrrm...did episode 8 air on sunday? EZTV.it doesn't have it up and they're usually good about getting the episodes up within hours of airing.

oyabun
Mon, 06-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Try isohunt. Pretty intense episode.

TwisT
Mon, 06-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Drogo keeps on being awesome. Ripping a mans tongue though the throat is just so badass. I can't help to think the 7 kingdoms are fucked. White walkers from the north, Dothraki from the south (or is it the west?), and at the same time instead of uniting, Stark and Lannister's are going head to head. How will they manage to overcome what is coming? And on top of that it doesn't seem like anyone even knows the Dothraki are moving, and they all seem to dismiss white walkers as a myth or something that has died out long ago.

And poor Tyrion seems like he will be forced to go to battle. Other then that, it seems like not that much happened. Joffery disgust me, the Queen disgust me and Sansa disgust me (i know she is put in a impossible situation but seeing her still sucking up to Joffery makes me wanna puke). Wonder where Arya went and where she will turn up.

Oh how i get the urge to read the books. To tired to look right now, but is there anyone that could perhaps link to a torrent of the audio books? Either just the first or all of them. And how many books is there in the series so far?

oyabun
Mon, 06-06-2011, 10:41 PM
I think the great plains of the dothraki is in the east of kingslanding. after the zombie incident, there is no more doubt about the threat of the white walkers.

Sapphire
Tue, 06-07-2011, 12:45 AM
That was just layers on layers of orgasmic badassness.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 06-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Khal Drogo ripping a the tongue out of a man's mouth through his throat is possibly the single most badass thing I've ever seen on television, yet, I completely forgot about that act until I read the posts in this thread, such is my rage. I hate the Lannisters, and I want such terrible things to happen to them. I can't remember ever having fake people cause me to be so consumed with rage! I have no words for these cocksuckers. I can only hope Robert isn't a fucking punk and that he has NO mercy when it comes to wiping out the Lannisters. I've watched Ichi the Killer, Ricki-O the story of Ricky, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, The Saw Series, and a host of other things depicting the worst in humanity and beyond...not even the sum of what occurred in all I've seen is enough for these assholes.

kyubisrage
Wed, 06-08-2011, 01:59 PM
As I am on my final chapters of the first book.... I am in awe and also mind fucked

Raven
Sun, 06-12-2011, 09:07 PM
I've always imagined this story to be loosely based geographically in London (i.e. King's Landing) and the Dothraki in France (perhaps Paris?) across the water.

Penner
Mon, 06-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Thought on episode 9..... WHAT!?

That about sums it up.

(Also, my hatred for Joffrey has now rocketed to such heights that it has left orbit and is now soaring through space!)

kyubisrage
Mon, 06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Trust me I was just as shocked as I was reading the book... I am on the second book almost half way through and this shit is just amazing.

poopdeville
Mon, 06-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Joffrey is worse than Sasuke (almost).

Lol at Tyrion. He kind of reminds me of a suave Blackadder I.

Who saved Arya?

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-13-2011, 07:45 PM
I had to go watch an episode of My Little Pony after this :-(. Eddard's execution was something I knew was coming. No way that inbred asshole was going to let him live. At least Ed's dishonor should provide some safety for Sansa and Arya. As a plus though, Robert got his hands on Jamie, and outplayed Tywin, but the Lannister's have yet to suffer an actual loss, in my mind anyway. They maim a Stark prince, dishonor and kill a Stark lord, in addition to all the other little pokes and jabs by way of manipulating that hurp durp Sansa, stabbing lord stark in the leg before he died, killing a baker's boy and a wolf to save Joffrey's nonexistant honor, etc. What I'm most afraid of, is that there will be some kind of a peace agreement reached between the kingdoms before the Lannisters can bleed a little on account of the White Walker threat.

Kusanagi
Mon, 06-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Arya was saved by Yoren, the Night's Watch recruiter that left the wall with Tyrion, saw him get captured by Catelyn Stark and told Ned in King's Landing. He at least seems honorable enough that he is going to look after Arya.

Shit on this episode and the toll it took on my emotions. Shit on Joffrey and the Lannister's. Shit on Khal Drogo dieing (implied) and shit shit shit.

Zati
Tue, 06-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Sean Bean who portrays Ned Stark has been stabbed:
Game of Thrones' Sean Bean Stabbed in Bar Brawl (http://www.imdb.com/news/ni11716847/) - IMDb
Game of Thrones' Sean Bean Stabbed in Bar Brawl (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b247126_game_of_thrones_sean_bean_stabbed_in.html) - E! Online

This morning I read and heard about this, and it was a good discussion among me and my cohorts/colleagues.

Almost like what his character Ned Stark would do. This is a real man. Although, I don't know what he's doing with a girl that could possibly be his daughter, but whatever, this happens all the time in the entertainment business. I'm just glad it didn't turn out worse, and that he's all right now. Will sorely miss his character a lot in the series.

-----

Thoroughly enjoying this series thus far like everyone here. R.I.P. Eddard Stark.

Sunday season finale!

Raven
Wed, 06-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Can't believe it. Poor Ned. And his fake confessions were all for nothing! I don't believe Sansa and Arya will be safe as a result either, because Joffrey will just use them as bargaining tools against Rob. Man, I really, really hate Joffrey.

oyabun
Wed, 06-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Sansa would be but I think Arya will be able to escape. If Sansa has any pride or honor in her, she should kill Joffrey when she has the chance.

Jaime is strong as ever. Killing 10 men before being restrained. I just wished they showed how Rob's army helped the House Tully.

Penner
Wed, 06-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Well Sansa should be atleast somewhat safe, because if the Lannister's hurt her, the Stark's hurt Jamie.

Although once word reaches the Starks that the Lannisters just killed Ned.. i'm guessing Jamie is in for a world of hurt, lol

There might be some hostage-exchange thing with Jamie and Sansa, but considering they just killed off the "main" character, who knows what kind of twists and curveballs is coming :P

Penner
Mon, 06-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Yay: Aaaaaawwhh, baby dragons and a naked Daeny!

Nay: Just when we lost Ned, the fuckers kill off Drogo aswell!

Also, curses for it only being 10 episodes, curses i say! TOO SHORT.

Sapphire
Mon, 06-20-2011, 11:15 AM
In the book one dragon was sucking her boobie. They shoulda done that.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Man...I would've enjoyed Khal's brand of violence unleashed on the kingdoms, but Danaerys is looking to be quite promising. Suffocates her vegetable hubby to death, check. Burns a woman at the stake mercilessly, check. Walks through a double wall of fire, twice, and returns unharmed, with live dragons, check. All this badassery out of a girl I thought was just going to be some adorable eye candy.

I'm already over Ned Stark being dead, but I don't like the lack of development on Stark side of the war. Robert officially announces his candidacy for Kingship....*snore*. Guess I'm just a bit impatient when it comes to seeing the Lannister's get their come-uppins'.

In the book one dragon was sucking her boobie. They shoulda done that.

Yup. They should've done that.

poopdeville
Thu, 06-23-2011, 01:17 PM
They should have had me do it instead. (You're all thinking it too...) But really, the first thing I thought of at that scene was "Nice tits. Too bad there's a dragon in front of her juice box".

Sapphire
Thu, 06-23-2011, 01:34 PM
They probably put the dragon there to block off perverts like you.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-23-2011, 02:09 PM
I thought, "nice dragon, too bad it's hanging onto non-flat tits."

Sapphire
Thu, 06-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Um how can it hang on to flat tits?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-23-2011, 02:44 PM
I didn't say it had to. I just didn't want it hanging onto non-flat ones.

Sapphire
Thu, 06-23-2011, 02:46 PM
This is taking a lot of attention from boobie sucking boy.

Penner
Thu, 06-23-2011, 02:53 PM
It could probably hang onto flat ones aswell if it wanted to, i mean it's a dragon, so it probably has claws and small razor-sharp teeth.

poopdeville
Thu, 06-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Wouldn't razor sharp teeth cut through soft supple flesh?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Loli guro? Not sure how I feel about that...

Sapphire
Thu, 06-23-2011, 04:10 PM
That would be a random thing to put in the last scene of Game of Thrones.

oyabun
Fri, 06-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Who has read all the available books? I'm midway on Clash of kings.

Sapphire
Fri, 06-24-2011, 12:27 AM
What's the latest book that comes out/came out this year?

oyabun
Fri, 06-24-2011, 12:35 AM
A dance with dragons. Comes out on July 12, 2011.

kyubisrage
Fri, 06-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Who has read all the available books? I'm midway on Clash of kings.

I am halfway through the 3rd book storm of swords.

Death13a
Sat, 06-25-2011, 12:56 AM
i am past middle of first book. Picked it up after 1 episode. Enjoying both show and book.

Y
Sat, 06-25-2011, 09:41 PM
The only bad thing about this series is that, if A Dance With Dragons actually comes out, it will be FIVE YEARS before the show catches up with the books, and I can't imagine this series is going to stay on the air for five years with such a lavish production budget and creative freedom.

oyabun
Sun, 06-26-2011, 05:38 AM
I just started with the 3rd book A storm of swords. It took me a while to get it and the 4th book because almost all the bookstores in my area are sold out >.>

Edort4
Sun, 06-26-2011, 04:52 PM
What I find discouraging is that the last 2 books took 11 years to release and there are 2 more to be writen. Sometimes I heard the joke that maybe Martin wont live to end the series.

I finished Feast for Crows almost 2 years ago but If I recall correctly at the end of the third one things really started to be quite fantastic and I cant really see how they will make that at the series so not hoping to see this one end. Just enjoying the ride.

oyabun
Sun, 06-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah it took him quite a while. Let us hope that the news came to him that his books are being sold out, even in the far east.

"All page totals given are for the US paperback edition and hardcover editions, with the exception of A Dance with Dragons, which will be available in hardcover on July 12 2011." From wikipedia. This would pose a problem for me. It would cost a lot of money to buy it now. 0_0

Pandadice
Mon, 06-27-2011, 03:16 PM
The only bad thing about this series is that, if A Dance With Dragons actually comes out, it will be FIVE YEARS before the show catches up with the books, and I can't imagine this series is going to stay on the air for five years with such a lavish production budget and creative freedom.
I dunno man, if they do a book a season, then that's only 5 seasons overall (7 if the last two books are made). Oz got 6 seasons, The Sopranos got 6(/7), The Wire got 5 seasons, and True Blood just started it's 4th season. Entourage has 7(/8) seasons with a new one starting next month.

If it's not indicated to be a miniseries, then I think it's safe to say we can expect at least 5 seasons of Game of Thrones.

Y
Mon, 06-27-2011, 05:01 PM
The showrunners have already stated, iirc, that A Storm Of Swords will need to be split into two seasons. It's quite possible that A Clash Of Kings would need to be split as well. A Dance With Dragons is almost as long as Swords, but even assuming it's the only book that needs to be split, this would be an eight season show that's WAY more expensive than the long running shows you listed. Its budget is more aptly compared to Rome, which didn't survive long despite fantastic ratings.

Pandadice
Mon, 06-27-2011, 10:13 PM
The showrunners have already stated, iirc, that A Storm Of Swords will need to be split into two seasons. It's quite possible that A Clash Of Kings would need to be split as well. A Dance With Dragons is almost as long as Swords, but even assuming it's the only book that needs to be split, this would be an eight season show that's WAY more expensive than the long running shows you listed. Its budget is more aptly compared to Rome, which didn't survive long despite fantastic ratings.

Well dang, maybe there isn't hope after all.

On the plus side, though it is comparable to Rome, it is not Rome. According to wikipedia, Rome's first season was budgeted at $100-110mil, whereas Game of Thrones' first season is estimated at $50-60mil. Still, a lot more than those long running shows I mentioned (The Sopranos' first season cost around $26mil, or, $2mil per episode).

The positive side to this obscene cost per episode is that we know they won't waste our time with needless filler. The down side is that they're probably likely to condense the story as much as they can to save money. But on thing is for sure, if we want to see this show continued, then we're gonna have to start buying some DVDs when they come out.

Sapphire
Mon, 06-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Did HBO make any more money because of this show? I know they don't have commercials so they have to make it through subscriptions. Well I don't know how this HBO go system works...

oyabun
Wed, 06-29-2011, 08:07 PM
I propose that we should create a different thread for the books, so that we can talk about it openly. :)

Sapphire
Wed, 06-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Make one then. Actually I think there already is one, somewhere.

Y
Wed, 06-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Game of Thrones is HBO's most profitable show ever in foreign markets, apparently.

Assassin
Sun, 08-21-2011, 05:04 AM
effing EPIC. i watched all 10 eps in 2 days. its so much better watching them together cuz its all one fluent story. I cannot wait for season 2.

Anyone know how season one coincides with the books? Is the last episode basically the end of the first book, or are we further then that?

Y
Sun, 08-21-2011, 01:06 PM
effing EPIC. i watched all 10 eps in 2 days. its so much better watching them together cuz its all one fluent story. I cannot wait for season 2.

Anyone know how season one coincides with the books? Is the last episode basically the end of the first book, or are we further then that?

The ending shot of season 1 is the ending scene of A Game Of Thrones. That being said, several set pieces were moved back from A Clash Of Kings in order to more neatly dovetail some of the plot threads. Some characters are given early parts (Shae does not appear in GoT and is almost a totally different character, and Theon doesn't appear until CoK) and a few characters (Roz the whore is the only one that comes to mind) were invented for the TV show, but generally the season has followed the plot of the first book pretty closely. For the record, where it has diverged it has largely succeeded, and trimmed material well in order to fit the constraints of the format.

rockmanj
Mon, 08-29-2011, 08:28 AM
and Theon doesn't appear until CoK) .

Not true, Theon is present in the very first chapter when the Staks find the direwolves. He does not have a focus chapter in the 1st book, but he is definitely there.

Y
Sat, 09-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Not true, Theon is present in the very first chapter when the Staks find the direwolves. He does not have a focus chapter in the 1st book, but he is definitely there.

Yeah. He has almost no dialogue though, and is not really introduced as a character beyond background noise until Clash of Kings.

Sapphire
Sat, 09-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Jason Momoa is going to New York Comic Con/Anime Festival. Who's going? :D

Animeniax
Sat, 09-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Will he be appearing as Kal Drogo or Conan?

rockmanj
Sat, 09-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah. He has almost no dialogue though, and is not really introduced as a character beyond background noise until Clash of Kings.

I think his portrayal was fairly consistent with his role in GOT, but he (along with a few others) got some more shine than they did in the 1st book. I believe in GOT, he was mostly kind of a dick and skirtchaser.

Archangel
Tue, 10-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Just watched the first episode, good stuff. Will marathon eventually.

Archangel
Fri, 10-21-2011, 07:32 PM
This is some awesomely awesome shit, when is the next season?

Penner
Sat, 10-22-2011, 07:41 AM
April 15th, 2012 (According to epguides.com)

Assassin
Sat, 10-22-2011, 12:38 PM
i wish i could travel forward in time so i can watch the entire complete series in one go

Assassin
Mon, 12-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Soooo....how awesome does this look?

Terror (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3--MIgihGs)

The Cold Winds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBrsM_WlfV8&feature=player_embedded)

animus
Mon, 12-12-2011, 09:18 PM
The Cold Wilds are Rising trailer is being voiced over by the actor of Stannis I'm guessing and I can't help but say I pictured his voice a lot differently. I pictured a bit of a huskier and softer voice.

Sapphire
Sun, 12-18-2011, 01:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OWQXQgHgq8

Animeniax
Sun, 12-18-2011, 01:58 AM
One Asian stereotype I wish my parents had forced me to fulfill is playing the violin. That was beautiful.

rockmanj
Sun, 12-18-2011, 02:36 AM
The Cold Wilds are Rising trailer is being voiced over by the actor of Stannis I'm guessing and I can't help but say I pictured his voice a lot differently. I pictured a bit of a huskier and softer voice.

I would have thought it would be much harsher and dare I say "stark". I kind of like the direction it went in though.

Archangel
Sun, 12-18-2011, 08:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OWQXQgHgq8
I... came all over the fucking laptop.

Assassin
Mon, 12-19-2011, 03:03 PM
That intro has to be one of the best i've ever seen. They capture the atmosphere of that whole world so well with that music. It is nothing if not royally epic (and i mean that in a literal sense, not figuratively)

animus
Mon, 12-19-2011, 05:18 PM
I hear Clash of Kings is only gonna be one season of 10 episodes, right? If so, that would suck considering the first book just barely fit into those 10 episodes and Clash of Kings is much longer with way more characters to boot. I'd guess a lot of those characters will likely either be cut completely or combined with another.

Animeniax
Mon, 12-19-2011, 07:27 PM
I haven't seen the entire first season, but I've heard it's very close to the book. I imagine they'll stick with that instead of cutting out stuff and ruining what is considered a masterpiece with the first season. At least that's my hope.

Y
Wed, 12-21-2011, 09:55 PM
I haven't seen the entire first season, but I've heard it's very close to the book. I imagine they'll stick with that instead of cutting out stuff and ruining what is considered a masterpiece with the first season. At least that's my hope.

The first season did a compress and cut material, but a lot of it is just naturally smaller onscreen. There are quite a few chapters of characters just having internal monologues that, if reproduced onscreen, would literally turn 10 pages into a single shot of Tyrion looking morose or something. Some of the material from the start of Clash of Kings was moved to the final episodes of season 1 as well, to have plot threads end or begin in a more symmetrical way. However, I agree with animus that it's going to be difficult to fit Clash of Kings, much less the even longer and more overburdened Storm of Swords, into 10 episodes. SoS is already being split, or so I heard, so perhaps Clash will be edited so some of its material falls into the expanded Storm of Swords season.

Archangel
Wed, 12-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Thank fuck i never read the books and am able to enjoy the show at face value.

Y
Wed, 01-04-2012, 04:24 AM
Is that a troll post or something? I read all the books and the show was pretty much as fantastic an adaptation as possible, allowing for scenes that couldn't have occurred with a TV budget.

Animeniax
Wed, 01-04-2012, 09:55 AM
No, I think he's speaking the truth. I can never enjoy the LotR or Harry Potter movies as much because they will never stack up to the vision of the story that I got from reading the books, my imagination being superior to whatever Hollywood can produce. Even if they stayed true to the story and characters, it's the little intangibles that you flesh out the story in your own mind that film can never reproduce.

I think the only movie/tv adaptation I ever saw that was better than the book it was based on was Forrest Gump.

Penner
Wed, 01-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm with Arch on this, if you've read whatever series/book(s) a show or movie is based on you automatically compare it to what you imagined when you read it, unlike someone who hasn't read anything and instead gets to witness the awesome with virtually no preconceived vision of it.

And by far the biggest downside must be to already know everything thats going to happen during the entire show's lifespan... that would completely suck >_>

Thank fuck i never read the books indeed.

rockmanj
Wed, 01-04-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm with Arch on this, if you've read whatever series/book(s) a show or movie is based on you automatically compare it to what you imagined when you read it, unlike someone who hasn't read anything and instead gets to witness the awesome with virtually no preconceived vision of it.

And by far the biggest downside must be to already know everything thats going to happen during the entire show's lifespan... that would completely suck >_>

Thank fuck i never read the books indeed.

Really? I think reading the books gives you more of a perspective on things, plus, you know, reading is good for you. I always think it is interesting to see what someone else's vision is of a story that I have read. It usually is not the same, but I still enjoy it for the most part.

Penner
Wed, 01-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I guess if you've read the book a really long time ago and then now you finally get to see it "come to life" as a really awesome and well-made tvshow it might be pretty sweet :P

But personally i really wouldn't like to know whats coming up and not have any surprises or "oh shit!" moments ^^

Y
Wed, 01-04-2012, 09:33 PM
The Lord of the Rings movies absolutely, positively trounce Tolkien's work as entertainment. They are more tightly edited and the actors add warmth to Tolkien's unnaturally formal dialogue that just isn't present in a reading, no matter how vivid your imagination is. I think a lot of people give their personal vision of a work too much credit in that regard. I sure as hell didn't imagine half the gorgeous vistas in that film, nor plot out the battles half as meticulously as Jackson did, and I don't consider myself a disengaged reader.

I think the banal distaste towards adaptation mostly comes from viewing a work in a very shallow way - i.e. that the biggest thing you are getting out of it is the plot, as though reading the book were nothing more than a very detailed Wikipedia entry. The showrunners already took a few characters in interesting and new directions (a very mild spoiler follows) such as Cersei's talk to Robert about their marriage, which does more in the space of a few minutes to make Cersei into a human woman than all her chapters in the novels, where she comes off as an absolutely unhinged sociopathic monster.

Archangel
Thu, 01-05-2012, 09:32 AM
I love it when Y tries to rationalize someone else's personal enjoyment with his own standards.

I think a lot of people give their personal vision of a work too much credit in that regard.
All of my lol... I don't think anyone here categorized the book as a superior media to cinema, they just said they enjoyed it more. Unless we're presenting it as fact i don't know why you'd consider us overhyping our own opinions.

Y
Thu, 01-05-2012, 07:13 PM
I love it when Y tries to rationalize someone else's personal enjoyment with his own standards.

All of my lol... I don't think anyone here categorized the book as a superior media to cinema, they just said they enjoyed it more. Unless we're presenting it as fact i don't know why you'd consider us overhyping our own opinions.

Consider it mainly a response to Penner's post then? He does indeed shit on the idea of reading a book before seeing the adaptation.

Penner
Sat, 03-03-2012, 05:31 PM
We're getting closer, so here's two new trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X66PDW1Mjf8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVkr9oYsIbo

Assassin
Sat, 03-03-2012, 09:57 PM
i saw the first one already, but the second one is new to me...and its the best one so far i think. Man, less then a month left now i cant wait!!! :D :D :D

The only bad part is having to wait a week for each episode. I wonder if i'll have the will power and patience to just wait it out and marathon the whole second season like i did the first. And 10 eps is far too small...i hope S2 is more then 10.

Edit: So i was just watching some interviews and stuff and it seems that season 2 will differ from the books....whether slightly or significantly no one seems to know. I imagine they can't stray too far from the basic story line. At most perhaps they'll cut out certain parts or certain characters to fit the TV format. I do hope they stick as close to the original as possible though, its been bloody intriguing so far.

oyabun
Wed, 03-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Anyone here played the THe game of Thrones 2nd Edition Boardgame? Me and my friends received it a few weeks ago and it goes well with 2nd Season coming out soon. The game rocks, backstabbing, plotting and ofcourse making war across Westeros. The only problem we have is that we can't find more players to play 4-6 players type of game. The setting changes when you have more players but the 3 player setup is still kewl.

PS: The trailer is pure win. I read the books and I'm so excited for Season 2.

Penner
Sun, 03-11-2012, 10:11 AM
The trailers just keep on coming :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Uo0XTBKjs

Assassin
Sun, 03-11-2012, 06:51 PM
man just 3 weeks left!! cant wait omg!111

Penner
Thu, 03-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Yet another trailer, and this one is my favourite of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVSchaagNg

I am so fucking ready for this!

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 03-30-2012, 08:17 PM
SUNDAY BABY!!! LETS GET PUMPED! Watching the trailers, listening to the seven devils song from one of them... seven devils all around youuuu.... HOW DOES THAT NOT GET YOU FUCKING SIKED OFF YOUR BALLS??!?! Holy shit they couldn't have picked a better song.

That song by Florence and the Machine in the trailer (the best trailer) redeemed them for their horrible SNL appearance where she came off like an alien, then I saw Lana Del Ray's SNL and I quickly realized Florence was very much human and THIS was the out of town visitor.

What are we talkin about again?

http://youtu.be/UV3RflsNxak

Y
Sat, 03-31-2012, 01:58 AM
Yeah HBO can cut a fucking trailer. That shit gives me chills.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 03-31-2012, 05:18 AM
RIGHT?!?!?! Y wins my heart once again. Now who will take home my coveted cock?

Assassin
Sun, 04-01-2012, 04:10 PM
probably also Y. He seems to be partial to them i recall.

As for GoT, man i cannot wait. Unfortunately i wont be watching it tonite since its my first day of work tomorrow, and i dont wanna be up late. But the first thing im gonna do when i get home tomorrow is watch that shit...while trying to subdue the immense epic induced boner i will no doubt have.

TwisT
Sun, 04-01-2012, 11:39 PM
First of i went to bed early and woke up even earlier. I went to bed dead tired and wake up 5 hours later by myself (3 a.m) and isn't even tired. I choose to believe that it was because my subconscious knew GoT was gonna be released 1 hour later and wanted me to be clear of mind once it came out.

Oh i must have creamed 3 times in this season premiere. First when Tyrion came to Kings Landing and was awesome. Second when Robb was confronting Jaime. First he proved awesome by letting Jaime's words affect him. And after that when his wolfs shows up and is no longer a pup, but instead a full grown wolf. Seeing Jaime choke on his own taunts as the wolf shows up. I think he might need to change underwear. And the third time would be when the Cersei slapped that little spoiled brat. Although Joffrey learns quickly to be a fearful king. Even his own mother starts to fear him.

BTW i would ask those who reads the books about a little spoiler. When we speak of the wolfs i have wondered something since Arya let her wolf go. Will that wolf come back and serve any role throughout any of the books? And if it will might it come back during this season? Don't need to know any specifics. Just been gnawing at me if it will come back or if it's only purpose was to set up the loss of Sansa's wolf. Just got reminded of it when Bran's wolf was walking in the forest. Thought it was actually Arya's until Bran was shown.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 04-02-2012, 12:39 AM
I thought I matured to the point of being able to be patient and composed when it came to waiting for tv episodes and movies, but apparently not. I feel like a 16 year old waiting for his girlfriend's parents to leave on a business trip for the entirety of the following weekend. Next week's episode is going to consume my mind.

Y
Mon, 04-02-2012, 02:25 PM
BTW i would ask those who reads the books about a little spoiler. When we speak of the wolfs i have wondered something since Arya let her wolf go. Will that wolf come back and serve any role throughout any of the books? And if it will might it come back during this season? Don't need to know any specifics. Just been gnawing at me if it will come back or if it's only purpose was to set up the loss of Sansa's wolf. Just got reminded of it when Bran's wolf was walking in the forest. Thought it was actually Arya's until Bran was shown.

Let me first answer this by saying PLEASE STOP READING THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THIS VERY MILD BOOK SPOILER ABOUT A WOLF. Second, Arya's wolf has never appeared again in the books, but that's basically a huge neon sign saying DANGLING PLOT THREAD HERE.

oyabun
Mon, 04-02-2012, 08:02 PM
You should have used private messaging haha. I sent him a message regarding his question. I am little sad they didn't introduced Maester Cressen(old guy retainer of Stannis) well enough to feel the impact of his death. I also felt that the God of light ceremony could have been more grand.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 04-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Ah thats disappointing I was really hoping her wolf had found its way back home and would be reunited with her. I guess her reuniting with Jon is enough no need for two of the same scene. Although there is something special about someone finding their long lost companion.

Assassin
Mon, 04-02-2012, 09:32 PM
also a long lost half brother

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 04-03-2012, 12:51 AM
I said that. But when its a kid and their animal companion its something different something really enjoyable to watch.

Jon and Arya's reunion will be awesome tho I'm pritty siked for it, looks like it wont be for quite a while tho. Who knows how long the Knights Watch will be out beyond the wall now that they're going to look into this army. Wondering what Benjen Stark's relationship to this army forming might be. I'm quite positive that it has something to do with his disappearance. Question is if he was taken or if he joined them or something like that.

TwisT
Tue, 04-03-2012, 04:31 AM
You should have used private messaging haha. I sent him a message regarding his question. I am little sad they didn't introduced Maester Cressen(old guy retainer of Stannis) well enough to feel the impact of his death. I also felt that the God of light ceremony could have been more grand.

Yea i failed to notice the PM yesterday until late and then i was to tired to write a response thanking for the info. So thanks to both you and Y for the info. A small burden has been lifted ^^

Penner
Tue, 04-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Episode 2 is already out in 720p... just sayin' :o

animus
Tue, 04-03-2012, 05:21 PM
A thought or two for episode 1. As someone who read the book I know I shouldn't feel disappointed that they didn't flesh out certain backstories to key plot stuff, but I do.

For instance they didn't set up Davos at all, or the Lightbringer scene. The Lightbringer scene should've had a much bigger build up and explanation than what I saw in the episode. It felt like it was just something swept to the side in this scene.

Oh well, at least Mellisandre is decently attractive. I pictured her a bit younger, with a slightly larger bust to boot.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM
A thought or two for episode 1. As someone who read the book I know I shouldn't feel disappointed that they didn't flesh out certain backstories to key plot stuff, but I do.

For instance they didn't set up Davos at all, or the Lightbringer scene. The Lightbringer scene should've had a much bigger build up and explanation than what I saw in the episode. It felt like it was just something swept to the side in this scene.

Oh well, at least Mellisandre is decently attractive. I pictured her a bit younger, with a slightly larger bust to boot.

lols when youre picturing a woman their breast size really comes into play? Idk I don't think in such a physical way I guess.

Episode 2 is out and it was damn good. I prolly should have resisted watching so that the upcoming sunday will be something to enjoy but I caved.

animus
Tue, 04-03-2012, 05:43 PM
lols when youre picturing a woman their breast size really comes into play? Idk I don't think in such a physical way I guess.

Episode 2 is out and it was damn good. I prolly should have resisted watching so that the upcoming sunday will be something to enjoy but I caved.

Her breast size came into my envisioning of her, because that's how she was described in the books as being very busty.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 04-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Episode 2 is already out in 720p... just sayin' :o

Oh yes xD

I'm not even going to try to wait. Thanks dude, this brings tears to my eyes.

oyabun
Tue, 04-03-2012, 07:59 PM

I feel exactly the same way. There was so much backstory for Davos and Cressen but I guess you can't fit it all in one episode.

Y
Thu, 04-05-2012, 03:42 PM
I heard Martin expressed regrets HBO couldn't push the early seasons to 13 episodes to give the characters more time to breathe and have things like the opening linking scene from Clash of Kings (where Cressen, Melisandre, Davos and Stannis all get a long introduction). Good work establishing Stannis's character in like five lines in episode one though.

EDIT: Also it's the Night's Watch guys. They watch out for scary shit that goes bump in the night.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 04-16-2012, 01:04 PM
FFS do the Lannisters ever stop winning? With the exception of Tyrion they're all so detestable I want want to see them actually suffer for once. Jamie Lannister's held captive, but they're still ruling with an iron fist dominating everything that actually matters. Maybe if Jamie dies there'd be some measure of retribution/justice/whatever.

Archangel
Fri, 04-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Ep3. So how is this lie supposed to work out? All the sons have black eyes and hair, or are the guards unaware of this?

TwisT
Mon, 04-23-2012, 03:37 AM
Dafuq!! What did i just watch at the end there. It's getting freaky and i like it.

Anyways Arya is now in the hands of Tywin. Wonder if Tywin is aware of who she is and pretends not to know. And what about the man that vouched for Daenerys? Why would he vouch for her? Everyone in this series is scheming, plotting and playing political games so what is his end game i wonder.

Penner
Mon, 04-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Man, someone needs to kill Joffrey, that kid is beyond fucked up.

And what in the fuck kind of shadow-demon did the redhead just give birth do? O.o

Assassin
Tue, 04-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Watching that last scene gave me a boner, and it wasn't cuz of the boobies. This shit is getting good.

Archangel
Tue, 04-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Man, someone needs to kill Joffrey, that kid is beyond fucked up.

And what in the fuck kind of shadow-demon did the redhead just give birth do? O.o
Yep and yep.

oyabun
Tue, 04-24-2012, 02:29 AM
I think Jeoffrey's evilness is overdone. He was just a cruel spoiled brat in the book, now he is evil incarnated. But yea S&M, win!.

All I can say is that bricks will be shat.:D

Archangel
Tue, 04-24-2012, 03:42 AM
And here i thought the redhead was just some whore taking advantage of the situation. Little did i know she was a magical whore!

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 04-24-2012, 04:48 AM
This episode actually made Geoffrey seem more respectable to me. I hate him even more than before, but now I don't feel that he's a shit character as intensely. And I do like how they introduce magic into the series, little by little.

Y
Tue, 04-24-2012, 09:36 PM
The added scene really, literally, added nothing. We already knew Joffrey was a misogynist sociopath. Hell, there was a scene earlier in the episode where he orders the knight to start stripping Sansa. The scene with the two whores just reinforces those exact same things, and it just goes on and on. I guess HBO needed more fucked up nudity in this episode... as if Melisandre birthing a shadowbaby buck naked in a cave isn't fucked up enough.

W/R/T earlier posts: Tywin would immediately send Arya back to King's Landing as a hostage if he knew who she was. He's never met her before, either, except maybe as a baby.

The scene of the Thirteen of Qarth rejecting Daenerys and Xaro Xhoan Daxos vouching for her to be let in is not in the book, but it's obviously just theater for Dany's benefit, to get her to trust Xaro and rely on him as her only access to Qarth.

Kusanagi
Mon, 05-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Disappointed to not see Jojen Reed make an appearance. His character had a larger role in the books and it looks like they merged part of his impact with Bran Stark.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 05-07-2012, 08:39 PM
so pissed to see Renly go out like that. I think we can all agree he was awesome and didn't deserve that.

Interested to see what the Lady Knight's impact will be on any upcoming battles. She's by Catelyn's side for future purpose I'm sure, what that is....

Arya and The Man have by far the greatest character interaction in this season right now. Getting a bit sick of Danaerys' similar pyro speeches in about once every episode. Robb talking of Theon's fate was awesome. Like to see him get the 1st head he sent out for before going after head number2 tho. Bran's actor I feel like I should know his name after that performance watching his former adopted brother turn on his family. Sounds like Theon isn't as stupid as he is a dirty schmuck tho sending request of reinforcements. Question is will his sister trust him enough to send them to him. Would be hilarious to see him lose Winterfell just as soon as he won it.

And Kusanagi, I just assumed this was the only safe place on the internet to discuss this show without cunts talking about the book. People around here have a reputation for being smart enough to when referencing source material to tiptoe around things even not seen in the show for those of us who still intend to read the books.

Penner
Thu, 05-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Aww shit, that scene where Sansa was about to get raped and 'The Hound' saved her... fucking badass!

Archangel
Sat, 05-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Would be cool if we posted episode numbers before commenting on the actual episodes. Spoilers and shit...

Episode 6: Well Theon just tied with Jeoffrey for biggest fucking asshole in this show.

poopdeville
Sun, 05-13-2012, 04:17 AM
They're not spoilers if the show has aired.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Why's Theon a douche? Yeah, he betrayed the Starks through his actions, but he was never really a willing ward of theirs. It was folly on Rob's part to send Theon back to his father. This shouldn't come as a surprise.

Archangel
Sun, 05-13-2012, 07:42 AM
They're not spoilers if the show has aired.
I'm just asking to write the episode number before commenting on a new one, is that too hard a task?

Why's Theon a douche? Yeah, he betrayed the Starks through his actions, but he was never really a willing ward of theirs. It was folly on Rob's part to send Theon back to his father. This shouldn't come as a surprise.
His father was the one who bit more than he could chew, it was either this or death for Theon and from all we could see it was never like he was treated poorly.

He's an unloyal prick and a coward, acting like a big man the moment he seizes any small bit of power.

Splash!
Sun, 05-13-2012, 01:37 PM
He's an unloyal prick and a coward, ...

To be fair, the same argument could be made either way, regardless of who he chose to side with. He would be an unloyal prick and a traitor, either to the Starks or to the Greyjoys. He is more or less a victim of his circumstances.

With that being said, his personality does come off as being douchey, which is independent of the side that he picked.

Archangel
Sun, 05-13-2012, 02:42 PM
To be fair, the same argument could be made either way, regardless of who he chose to side with. He would be an unloyal prick and a traitor, either to the Starks or to the Greyjoys. He is more or less a victim of his circumstances.

With that being said, his personality does come off as being douchey, which is independent of the side that he picked.
I don't think he really owes any sort of dept to the family that gave him away. Now the people who raised him and spared his life when they had every right to take it away? Douchebag.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-13-2012, 03:14 PM
I don't think he really owes any sort of dept to the family that gave him away. Now the people who raised him and spared his life when they had every right to take it away? Douchebag.

You can't just eliminate the emotions involved from the equation. He was unwilling in all of this. His father sent him away because his father was defeated. His brothers died at the hands of Starks, and he clearly cares about his family. So yeah, he was unloyal to the Starks, but Rob should've taken these things into consideration. More than Theon being a traitor, Rob is an idiot.

Y
Sun, 05-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Robb was just counting on Theon being a good guy, deep down, thanks to growing up under his father's influence. Much like Ned himself, Robb clearly thinks the best of the men around him even when he's playing at cynicism. It almost worked after all - Theon almost sent Robb the letter informing him of Balon Greyjoy's movements. Then, granted, he went in the completely wrong direction.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah, you're spot on. With this week's episode though, Theon is turning out to be a douche. He's overzealous in earning the respect of his men. I couldn't identify the body but the implication was chilling.

Y
Mon, 05-14-2012, 05:11 PM
I thought the sequences North of the Wall were really bad this week. As someone else quipped, Ygritte is now a Manic Pixie Dream Girl and instead of having to make tough decisions, Jon Snow just bumbles around like a fucking moron and gets caught.

poopdeville
Wed, 05-16-2012, 12:48 AM

He was being HELD HOSTAGE. As a prisoner to keep his REAL family in line and under control.

If the Starks had the "right" to kill Theon, he has the exact same "right" to kill Starks now. Anyway, I get the feeling he didn't kill off the Stark kids. Those looked like burnt pigs to me.

Xollence
Thu, 05-17-2012, 06:30 PM
I think the burnt bodies were the farmer's kids.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 05-18-2012, 01:22 AM
I think the burnt bodies were the farmer's kids.

What? Why would he burn the farmer's kids? Of all the random...

Archangel
Fri, 05-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Because they helped the Starks, duh?

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 05-18-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm under the impressions that they were avoiding the village specifically to avoid anyone getting executed for helping them.

Archangel
Fri, 05-18-2012, 05:38 PM
And yet they found those walnuts there.

Y
Fri, 05-18-2012, 08:54 PM

To prove that he wouldn't tolerate any dissent and that he could catch Bran and Rickon. That being said, and I'm not attemping to imply anything as a spoiler but simply reflecting on the decision making here, killing two random kids and claiming it's them is pretty much the worst motherfucking plan. It can get exposed as bullshit any number of ways and it's GUARANTEED to turn everyone in Winterfell against him forever.

Assassin
Sat, 05-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Be that as it may, i do think those bodies weren't Bran and his little brother. I think Theon needed a way to save face, so killing the farmer kids and burning their bodies beyond recognition was the most logical choice, atleast in the short term. No doubt it'll come back to bit him in the ass later on though.

But for the time being, his men will respect him and winterfell will believe the stark boys are dead, losing any glimmer of hope they gained from their escape.

As for the question of Theon's douchiness, i have to say that its a very complicated situation. As much as you want to hate him for his betrayal, you have to accept the fact that he was between a wolf and a hard place. That's the beauty of this series, every character is multifaceted and complex. There are no simple right or wrong choices. He was given the choice to choose between two families. Both were as real and authentic as the other, though it could be argued the starks were nicer to him then his biological family. Even earlier in the series though, he prided himself on his lineage and had delusions of grandeur which were inevitable for a boy who was taken from his home at a young age. He created this story of himself as the son of a mighty lord, and when the time came to validate that story it required him to betray the family that had raised him, even though they were technically his enemies.

And Kage, i have to agree, im loving Arya's role this season. I like her interactions with Tywin more then The Man though. Its nice to see the main Lanister open up to the sister of his enemy. Btw, what did that message that she stole from his desk say? i couldn't make it out, anyone know?

Y
Sat, 05-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Theon chose the family that didn't choose him. His dad is a huge asshole who wrote Theon off for dead a long time ago and he decided to fuck over everyone who helped raise him in order to impress pops. Great idea Theon I'm sure your dad will believe you're a real man now that you executed some little kids.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-20-2012, 04:09 AM
And yet they found those walnuts there.

Yeah, I missed the walnut shells. On hindsight, it doesn't even matter if they found evidence that they were at the village. Theon probably wouldn't believe that they didn't stop by, he's being that much of an asshole.

Archangel
Sat, 05-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Theon confirmed for retard. Was he honestly planning on giving the farmer gold in exchange for killing his children??! Really the only question is if he's either getting killed or tortured for a hell of a long time.

I was very surprised with Catelyn though. She was the first to rightfully suspect the greyjoys and yet she's now planning to make a deal with the Lanisters? A deal presented by Littlefinger??? Dafuq woman?!

Penner
Sun, 05-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Episode 9 is out, and oh my fucking god what an episode it is!

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-28-2012, 12:00 AM
Episode 9 is out, and oh my fucking god what an episode it is!

Tyrion nooooooooooooooooo!!! Man that sucks...who the fuck is that giant asshole that killed him? He was standing with Tyrion and Joffrey but I'm not sure who he is. They need to explain this shit now :(.

edit: Awesome ball of fire was awesome :(.

edit 2: Dog is a bitch. That was some coward action, but it creates a nice backdrop against which to measure how awesome Tyrion is.

Archangel
Mon, 05-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Tyrion is obviously not dead...

I was a little confused as to who his attacker was or his motives behind it though.

Penner
Mon, 05-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah i was pretty confused by that part aswell, i kept trying to think of who his attacker might be, like if it was supposed to be someone i should have recognized or something.

Archangel
Mon, 05-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Only think i can think of is Cersei setting him up, but i think she was too busy planning her own suicide to bother with revenge at that point. I might be underestimating her evil though.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Tyrion is obviously not dead...

I was a little confused as to who his attacker was or his motives behind it though.

Yeah I don't know, looked like a death scene to me. I'll be the last to complain if he's not dead though; the injury itself is ambiguous enough as to severity to go either way.

Archangel
Mon, 05-28-2012, 01:49 PM
He got sliced across the face but it didn't even hit his nose or eyes, he'll be fine. Hopefully he'll also get the recognition he deserves after this, the people at least should love him by now.

Y
Mon, 05-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah i was pretty confused by that part aswell, i kept trying to think of who his attacker might be, like if it was supposed to be someone i should have recognized or something.

It was Ser Mandon Moore, another member of the Kingsguard that Tyrion called to go to battle with him. He was mentioned maybe once by name in this episode and once by name in the entire prior series.

Animeniax
Mon, 05-28-2012, 10:08 PM
It was Ser Mandon Moore, another member of the Kingsguard that Tyrion called to go to battle with him. He was mentioned maybe once by name in this episode and once by name in the entire prior series.

Please don't tell me George Martin is a fan of an early 2000s teen-pop idol and named one of his characters after her.

Y
Mon, 05-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Considering A Game of Thrones was released in 1996 that's doubtful.

rockmanj
Tue, 05-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Tyrion nooooooooooooooooo!!! Man that sucks...who the fuck is that giant asshole that killed him? He was standing with Tyrion and Joffrey but I'm not sure who he is. They need to explain this shit now :(.

edit: Awesome ball of fire was awesome :(.

edit 2: Dog is a bitch. That was some coward action, but it creates a nice backdrop against which to measure how awesome Tyrion is.

To answer #1, it was Mandon Moore (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Mandon_Moore)

As for the Hound, you get badly burned when you are a little kid and see how well you deal with fire. I think it showed some interesting development when he basically said "fuck all this noise, I'm out".

edit: missed Y's comment.

oyabun
Wed, 05-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Shows the hound is human afterall.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 05-30-2012, 02:19 AM
As for the Hound, you get badly burned when you are a little kid and see how well you deal with fire. I think it showed some interesting development when he basically said "fuck all this noise, I'm out".

I dunno, it's not like he retreated to regroup and get himself back together, or look for a way to make himself useful in the battle, he ran. Like, turned tail and just ran saying to hell with everything. There's nothing commendable about that in a leader of armies regardless of past injuries.

rockmanj
Wed, 05-30-2012, 06:40 AM
I dunno, it's not like he retreated to regroup and get himself back together, or look for a way to make himself useful in the battle, he ran. Like, turned tail and just ran saying to hell with everything. There's nothing commendable about that in a leader of armies regardless of past injuries.

That is kind of the thing about trauma inflicted as a child if you don't confront it; it kind of takes you back to that child-like state of fear and anxiety. Do you think Joffery or any of the Lannisters were into offering counseling services? I don't think it is spoiling to say that he has a deep and innate fear of fire, and when exposed to the stress of battle and seeing it surrounding him, it would be natural to freak out. I think the camerawork did a good job of showing his disorientation and confusion as well. Great editing and directing.

Penner
Wed, 05-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Funny how people view things differently, I didn't find him cowardly at all, i just loved how he walked off like "screw this shit", and when confronted he went "Fuck the Kingsguard, Fuck the City, Fuck the King". That shit was just awesome.

Y
Wed, 05-30-2012, 05:39 PM
I think a lot of it comes down to Sandor's nature, which is absolutely not a "leader of armies" as Barles pointed out. Sandor and Gregor are basically the Lannisters' hitmen. It was a bad fucking idea to promote Sandor to the Kingsguard anyway, because the Kingsguard is supposed to be a noble and dedicated order and Sandor is the kind of guy whose only conversation is "Fuck you" or something about how awesome murder is. Hell before the battle started he was just about ready to murder Bronn who's the captain of the fucking City Watch. When it came down to it, being the best killer isn't what you need to defend your city, because when he had his fill of killing he was done. Sandor's lack of valor is not exactly cowardice, just... not valor. Him and Bronn have more in common than either of them want to admit, even given the scene in "Blackwater".

Also isn't the scene where Sandor returns to Sansa's room drunk during the battle creepy as shit? It comes off like he is convincing himself not to rape her.

Archangel
Wed, 05-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Also isn't the scene where Sandor returns to Sansa's room drunk during the battle creepy as shit? It comes off like he is convincing himself not to rape her.
Really? It felt sort of sweet to me, like he was trying to redeem himself by helping her.

rockmanj
Wed, 05-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Well, Joffrey's Kingsguard is a big representation of him, so it would make sense that it is filled with a bunch of sadists and dishonorable men.

Y
Wed, 05-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Really? It felt sort of sweet to me, like he was trying to redeem himself by helping her.

The fact that she had to repeat "You won't hurt me" to him as he is leering over her is pretty disturbing. Also, I don't think Sandor is the kind of guy who would carry Sansa home to Winterfell for honor and glory. Not to mention the fact that obviously he didn't.

rockmanj
Thu, 05-31-2012, 07:19 AM
I don't think he would do it for honor and glory; I think he would have done it just because. I know he is a brutal man, but I don't think he had any intention of raping Sansa. I agree with AA on this point.

poopdeville
Fri, 06-01-2012, 09:33 PM
He got sliced across the face but it didn't even hit his nose or eyes, he'll be fine. Hopefully he'll also get the recognition he deserves after this, the people at least should love him by now.

Watch it again. He has a single cut on his forehead and across his cheek. From a single slice. So it cut through his entire face, through the bone.

Also: let's not go crazy with the Hound hate. So what if he ran away? It's not his war. Why should he fight and die to protect some assholes he doesn't even like? It's one thing to fight for them when they pay well. It's entirely another when it's likely they will go extinct. Indeed, I would say Tyrion would have done the same thing if he could have. I'm pretty sure he even said so, more than once.

And the Hound is a brutal killer, but he isn't going to rape Sansa. He knows she's in over her head, and he actually does care. She isn't an asshole like the Lannisters he hates. She is their victim.

Archangel
Sat, 06-02-2012, 08:08 AM
I will fucking bet my right testicle that he'll come out of this with nothing more than a scar.

Archangel
Mon, 06-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Who the fuck burned Winterfell? And why? Rob is an idiot. Snow grew some balls after fucking up. Arya should have taken the deal. Jaken is fucking awesome. Tyrion is the unluckiest bastard on the face of the earth. Brienne kicks ass.

TwisT
Mon, 06-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Nice summery there. Is Jaken the redguard/criminal that is killing for Arya? Can never hear his name clearly. Thought it was Jack or something. Yea he was awesome indeed. I wonder what he is. A Sorcerer? Thief? Assassin?

Rob is losing his shit. Stiring up female trouble while conducting a war. He could have waited to do that to after the war if he promptly had to. And he shouldn't to begin with. He made the oath himself to marry one of those ugly girls. It wasn't his parents that married him of or anything. He was in on it. It shows how much of a BOY he really is in the end.

This was one of the best Daenerys episodes this season. At times it has almost been boring to watch her (at least compared to the others). This time she was awesome. The 3 small dragons could produce quite the fire. And then stuffing the King of Karth (don't know how it's spelled but close enough ;) ) in his own empty vault and finally doing it the Dothraki way. By plundering everything of worth.

Theon went nuts. That is crazy eyes if i ever saw a pair. But maybe this way he came out for the better. He didn't flee. Instead he was ready to fight to the death. In the end he survived and avoids being the coward. Wonder if his father will see him in a different light now.

Tyrion is indeed unlucky. Why the fuck did they try and assassinate him and why did they treat him like a loser. At least he has Shae. Their love is something that warms the soul when watching this cold and treacherous world. But i guess that will turn out to be a trick at the end too. Or it will end badly.

BTW was that White Walkers we saw earlier? If so where all WW's or only the once on the horses commanding the zombies?

Y
Mon, 06-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Nice summery there. Is Jaken the redguard/criminal that is killing for Arya? Can never hear his name clearly. Thought it was Jack or something. Yea he was awesome indeed. I wonder what he is. A Sorcerer? Thief? Assassin?

Jaqen H'gar. He is a "Faceless Man".

Rob is losing his shit. Stiring up female trouble while conducting a war. He could have waited to do that to after the war if he promptly had to. And he shouldn't to begin with. He made the oath himself to marry one of those ugly girls. It wasn't his parents that married him of or anything. He was in on it. It shows how much of a BOY he really is in the end.

Yeah way to let the pussy control your life Robb. Why not just fuck the shit out of her and not marry her? Jesus christ.

This was one of the best Daenerys episodes this season. At times it has almost been boring to watch her (at least compared to the others). This time she was awesome. The 3 small dragons could produce quite the fire. And then stuffing the King of Karth (don't know how it's spelled but close enough ;) ) in his own empty vault and finally doing it the Dothraki way. By plundering everything of worth.

Aside from the super hokey special effects of the warlock bursting into flames that was great. Qarth.

Theon went nuts. That is crazy eyes if i ever saw a pair. But maybe this way he came out for the better. He didn't flee. Instead he was ready to fight to the death. In the end he survived and avoids being the coward. Wonder if his father will see him in a different light now.

It's funny to me that the Ironborn even went along with Theon's plan to capture Winterfell considering they appeared to be fully aware of how fucking terrible an idea it was.

Tyrion is indeed unlucky. Why the fuck did they try and assassinate him and why did they treat him like a loser. At least he has Shae. Their love is something that warms the soul when watching this cold and treacherous world. But i guess that will turn out to be a trick at the end too. Or it will end badly.

Cersei finally moved into open war against Tyrion. Maybe she would have lauded his brilliance had he died. As is, she already told Tyrion she thought he was plotting against her children, even as he explained his totally rational reasons for sending Myrcella away and wanting Joffrey on the battlements. Also she's such a hypocrite because at the first sign they were about to lose she was ready to fucking KILL Tommen.

BTW was that White Walkers we saw earlier? If so where all WW's or only the once on the horses commanding the zombies?

Aside from some better looking and clearer CGI the guy riding the horse looks like the guys doing murder in the pilot episode.

EDIT:

Also it was presented pretty ambiguously but I assume the Ironborn were going to either escape out of Winterfell after burning it, or they burned it before doing a prisoner swap with the sieging guys. It's obviously not the siege forces who burned it down.

Penner
Sun, 03-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Prepare your bodies, new episode tonight!

Penner
Tue, 04-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Not exactly surprising news, but it just got renewed for a fourth season. (http://tvline.com/2013/04/02/game-of-thrones-renewed-season-4/)

Roko
Tue, 04-02-2013, 09:00 PM
I thought the first episode was rather slow, but I remember reading some interview where the EP's said the first 2 episodes are very much exposition before switching into high gear, so we shall see.

That smuggler guy was rather stupid to go back to Stannis; oh well, I rather liked him too. Margeary (sp?) is rather smart, getting the people to love her; will be fun to watch her vs. Cersei for control and influence. And of course, Tyrion was awesome as always. Both the character and the actor are fantastic.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 04-04-2013, 08:10 PM
I really hope we have less bouncing around between viewpoints and more episodes that feel consistent in tone.

Sapphire
Tue, 04-09-2013, 05:00 PM
It was so funny watching Joffrey peak out of the little hole his carriage, like the corwardly troll he is.

http://i.imgur.com/5IqooRP.png

Does anyone else think his fiance looks like Anemone from Eureka Seven?

http://i.imgur.com/Qw85wBW.png

I guess Sansa really messed it up for herself by acting overly submissive. Joffrey doesn't need another subservient yet terrified girl. He needs a radiating beacon of light like Margaery. To him, she's like one of those bug-lights that mosquitos love. She's the perfect diversion to ignore all his other annoyances like being a competent king, having to look at puny humans, his mother, etc.

Joffrey gave Cersei the nastiest look when she complimented him on his clothes fitting this episode, and didn't stop giving her nasty looks throughout the whole scene. I mean, Joffrey has no limits at all to his dispicableness. I had to rewind that scene and watch it again because it was that good. He's one of those characters that are so enjoyable to hate that I can't wait to see him on the screen so he can make me laugh some more. (Unlike Andrea from Walking Dead, where you just cringe whenever she opens her mouth.)

I really like Margaery. She's insanely ambitious and cunning (while managing to be philanthropic, apparently?!). She and her grandmother form a powerhouse to be reckoned with. You can tell how differently Sansa and Margaery were raised. The comments her grandmother made were really lucid. As a woman, the only way to survive a world like that is to keep yourself cognizant of the people in your situation, so you can maneuver yourself to your best advantage when the situations you can't control (most situations in their shoes) come along. Sansa's family really did her a disservice by not teaching her that. Well, I guess she has a huge learning curve to catch up to. If she survives that long.

Tyrion was so endearing and loving during this episode. <3~~

Watching Jaime fight was definitely a treat. It's like his sword is geniuinely a part of his body. I chuckled at the fact that he was basically just playing around with the she-knight. He totally screwed himself by fighting in broad daylight like that, though. Just a small pitfall that comes with his carefree personality, I guess.

Man, I can't stop staring at every single article of clothing that every character is wearing. They're all so insanely beautiful and masterfully crafted. Especially in King's Landing.

How does Jon's group manage to stay away from the White Walkers?!

Y
Tue, 04-09-2013, 07:32 PM
It was more like Brienne was playing with him, although both were deadly serious. Brienne was holding back because she was trying to figure out how to subdue Jaime without mortally wounding him, while Jaime was fighting for his life, but malnourished, unarmored and in shackles. Brienne got the better of him but he was definitely fighting with all he had at that point.

As far as the last point I figure Mance Rayder's army runs into wights relatively often. They're just FAR more massive than the Night's Watch force that was destroyed at the Fist of the First Men, and they have years of experience dealing with the undead.

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Even last season, they made it clear that burning their dead is second nature to them. They are certainly extremely used to fighting them. The scouting party (Ygritte was the only one left alive at the time) was a bit taken aback that the Night's Watch didn't do the same by instinct.

Y
Wed, 04-10-2013, 12:38 AM
I wonder how long the Night's Watch has been out of communication with the people living north of the wall. There must be a fucking enormous amount of them because Mance Rayder's army is gigantic, and you can assume not every living person north of the wall is capable of fighting in his army. Do the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros live knowing that hundreds of thousands of people are trapped in the north? Well, not "trapped" exactly since we know you can get past the Wall like Osha did.

It must have been HUNDREDS of years, long enough for the White Walkers and the wights to pass into legend.

lilphatboi88
Wed, 04-10-2013, 05:07 AM
Need more Aria and Calisse!!! Gosh these 2 episodes are taking forever to preview. When will there be some action?

Y
Wed, 04-10-2013, 04:10 PM
It took me so long to figure out you were referring to Daenerys.

lilphatboi88
Fri, 04-12-2013, 11:31 AM
hehe. if episode 3 doesnt pick up, ppl will noticeably start getting upset in masses.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Don't these type of shows usually take at least 5/6ths of the season to have a climax, though?

I feel like I'm really enjoying the subtleties of the show, so far.

Carnage
Sat, 04-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Don't these type of shows usually take at least 5/6ths of the season to have a climax, though?

I feel like I'm really enjoying the subtleties of the show, so far.

Well its based off a book so general rules don't apply.

I read somewhere the first two episodes were meant to be slow and from here on out they'll pick up.

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Don't these type of shows usually take at least 5/6ths of the season to have a climax, though?.
I climax each week during the opening. ;P

This season and season 4 are supposed to be splitting the 3rd book. I assume it has a major event somewhere in the middle where they will end Season 3. I don't read the books, but I know Y mentioned he knew where they'd be ending this season.

My only real issue is that there are just so many main characters, that I get a little annoyed when they leave us off at some large development, and then make us wait an extra episode to even see that character again! Daenerys is only ever other episode, Arya is every third, but we have to see Joffrey's sniveling face every episode.
edit: Also, Robb and Talisa are boring. :/

Y
Sat, 04-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Don't watch a TV fantasy series, especially not one like Game of Thrones, expecting a blockbuster action sequence every week. Did you miss that people seem to avoid ever seeing huge battles aside from the skirmish at Blackwater Bay? Tyrion getting knocked out prior to that big battle he was going into, all the "aftermath" scenes we've seen, etc? I'm not trying to say there are never big battles "on-screen" in the book, but the show is called Game of Thrones, not Game of Wars. It's a show about politicking and character interactions, not wicked sick fights all the damn time.

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Tyrion's wordplay and politicking are the best part of the show. Margaery vs. Cersei has been delicious so far.

Y
Sat, 04-13-2013, 11:35 AM
I'd watch a whole season following Jaime and Brienne wandering the countryside and bitching at each other.

Sapphire
Sat, 04-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Seriously?! That's the part I hate the most. Brienne is way too uptight.

I'd watch a whole season of Joffrey/Sansa/Margaery/Marge's Grandma, though. With some Tyrion thrown in, of course.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 04-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't like to watch Joffrey or Robb, their characters are pretty one dimensional. We need more Calisse, Aria, and Tyrion.

Sapphire
Sun, 04-14-2013, 09:26 AM
New episode tonight, guys. Ready your bodies.

-

Do the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros live knowing that hundreds of thousands of people are trapped in the north? Well, not "trapped" exactly since we know you can get past the Wall like Osha did.

It must have been HUNDREDS of years, long enough for the White Walkers and the wights to pass into legend.

It's going to be so funny when the White Walkers bust down the wall and decide they're hungry for Cersei et. all's face. At that point, does the fight for kingship even matter?

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-14-2013, 10:17 AM
It's going to be so funny when the White Walkers bust down the wall and decide they're hungry for Cersei et. all's face. At that point, does the fight for kingship even matter?
If them repeatedly ignoring the Night's Watch's requests for more people in the first two seasons is any indication, yes, to them it still does. They'll continue to squabble and lose people through attrition until the White Walkers are banging down the doors to King's Landing.

Though the pragmatic solution would be to beg for Daenerys' forgiveness and put her back on the Iron Throne. Then her dragons could kill all the White Walkers in a matter of months.

Y
Sun, 04-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Seriously?! That's the part I hate the most. Brienne is way too uptight.

Of course she is, she's the straight man (woman) to Jaime's awesome jovial prisoner personality this season.

Sapphire
Mon, 04-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Why was Cersei laughing at Tyrion becoming Master of Coin? Because being the treasurer is super lame and he'll have a boring deskjob where he doesn't have any action? How does that strategically help her at all? For all she knows, he could secretly siphon funds and raise money for an army against her.

Hot Pie was smart to ditch Arya, or his ass would probably be targeted by whoever goes after Arya. Being a baker seems relatively boring, though.

Wait, Robb and that nurse actually got married? Oh gawd.

Love/Hate... Game of Thrones... The Wire... I’m ALWAYS happy to see Lord Baelish being Lord Baelish and having Baelishy conversations. Was also happy to see the the eunuch.

It feels so uncanny that they played rock(?) music during Jaime’s hand scene. It feels like some kinda wall was broken, but it was also kinda cool.

Animeniax
Mon, 04-15-2013, 10:16 AM
From what I remember from the books, Tyrion becoming master of coin was a significant increase of power and influence for him. Like you suggested, he now has control of the finances of the kingdom.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 04-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Love how they did the be-handing of Jamie there. Of course I saw it coming, but they still did it in a way that was shocking, even for those of us who knew it had to happen soon enough.

People seem to be talking about the ending credits song that played. I think it met the tone pretty damn well for what had just preceded it, and I don't see a big problem with it being a departure from the usual orchestra playing out. I don't expect it to, nor would I like it to, be a recurring way to end the show..... but after gruesomely chopping off someone's hand and hearing them scream in pure agony I can't think of a better time to close with some fast rock music.

Y
Mon, 04-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Why was Cersei laughing at Tyrion becoming Master of Coin? Because being the treasurer is super lame and he'll have a boring deskjob where he doesn't have any action? How does that strategically help her at all? For all she knows, he could secretly siphon funds and raise money for an army against her.

Hot Pie was smart to ditch Arya, or his ass would probably be targeted by whoever goes after Arya. Being a baker seems relatively boring, though.

Wait, Robb and that nurse actually got married? Oh gawd.

Love/Hate... Game of Thrones... The Wire... I’m ALWAYS happy to see Lord Baelish being Lord Baelish and having Baelishy conversations. Was also happy to see the the eunuch.

It feels so uncanny that they played rock(?) music during Jaime’s hand scene. It feels like some kinda wall was broken, but it was also kinda cool.

Robb and Talisa got married last season.

Cersei is laughing because she knows Tywin has given Tyrion an impossible job, a supposition backed up by the fact that Littlefinger was maintaining the realm's finances via heavy, un-repayable debt. Littlefinger was maintaining his facade of being a skilled master of coin by going deep in debt to the Iron Bank of Braavos and the Lannister family. It's obviously not a step up in "power and influence" as he was formerly Hand of the King and basically making all the decisions around King's Landing. He can't "secretly siphon" anything because the kingdom doesn't have funds and hasn't had them for a long time.

Archangel
Tue, 04-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Holy shit they took his hand! The Lanisters are so hated that not even their gold can save them from the deliciousness of revenge.

I wonder if he'll still be able to use a sword with his other hand.

lilphatboi88
Wed, 04-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Now I'm starting to feel sorry for Jaime Lannister. Although, finally he learned some humility. However, I don't want to see anybody losing a hand, especially after we see him redeeming himself by saving Brienne from getting raped. Oh what a cruel world...

Penner
Wed, 04-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Yeah, i really didn't see that hand removal coming at all, my first thought when they bent him over the table was "wtf they're gonna rape him now instead?" lol

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Not going to lie, I expected the same. He saved Brienne, so I figured they'd just use Jaime instead. It didn't cross my mind that they'd take his hand until they stopped holding him down (seconds before).