PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 206

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Naruto Shippuden 206

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 206 - 720p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=204519) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/MdXapN5/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20206%20%5B720p%5D.mkv)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 206 - 480p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=204518) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/QkYc88v/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20206%20%5B480p%5D.mkv)
[Narutoverse] NARUTO Shippuden 206 - avi: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=204524) | DDL (http://www.filesonic.com/file/534036284)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Kisame better not die. His previous fights were never this good and just looked like he's all "my blade will eat you!!". It's still occurring here, but slow-mo analysis is pretty awesome.

Oh, and we actually got some proper ninja movement other than tree hopping and hands-free running.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-07-2011, 10:26 AM
You mean the skiiing? Yeah, that was pretty awesome.

Fucking Naruto man, spends his whole life a pariah, now all of a sudden, it's raining bitches. He becomes a Sage and all of a sudden they can't wait to tell him how much they love him now. No wonder Jirayia was such a playa.

I do find it hilarious though that even though WE know she's telling the truth, Naruto thinks she's bullshitting him. That kid can't get out of his own fucking way sometimes.

The opening is encouraging, showing Naruto and Bee together. Although most of the stuff in the opening looked like things that had already happened.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-07-2011, 10:35 AM
I do find it hilarious though that even though WE know she's telling the truth, Naruto thinks she's bullshitting him. That kid can't get out of his own fucking way sometimes.

huh?

She's so bullshitting. She doesn't love Naruto romantically because he saved the village, and she hasn't stopped loving Sasuke because he's now a major criminal. It was painful watching her lie, and painful watching Naruto hear her out.

I do think it's possible that what she says now becomes the truth later on (like, near the end) of the series - but by then Naruto's either not believing, or just has his hands full and doesn't take it seriously. Not unlike Tsunade's little realisation before Jiraiya kicked the bucket.

Penner
Thu, 04-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah... i thought it was kinda obvious that Sakura was just talking shit to get Naruto to drop his promise/quest to save Sasuke.

If for some reason she was actually completely sincere and really told the truth they did it all wrong because i didn't believe a word she said :P

ASSpirine
Thu, 04-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Kinda obvious Sakura just doesn't want Sasuke to get beaten by Naruto because she's still such a Sasuke lover.
Hope we'll have an episode with more action than drama next week.

Sakura...

Kraco
Thu, 04-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Sakura's confession was anything but believable. It's a bit strange she seemed to believe it would work; she seemed that sure of herself when she assured the others she will take care of Naruto. Either she was overestimating herself or underestimating Naruto. Of couse she's more used to the goofy Naruto than any village saving sage. Nevertheless I'm glad Naruto behaved like he did, no matter if he did it because he actually loves Sasuke more than Sakura... But at least he stayed true to his character and didn't compromise (even if it means he'll die alone).

I'd like to see if Kisame can fight without that sword. He seems to be relying so much on its functionality.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-07-2011, 03:37 PM
huh?

She's so bullshitting. She doesn't love Naruto romantically because he saved the village, and she hasn't stopped loving Sasuke because he's now a major criminal. It was painful watching her lie, and painful watching Naruto hear her out.I mean the part about her loving Naruto. We know from the arc where Naruto fought Orochimaru that she does. Even Yamato realized it.

It felt to me like the part she was saying out loud at the beginning was Bullshit, but after she held onto him and was talking in his ear where the others couldn't hear her she was talking more about her real feelings.

So the part about Naruto being a hero and Sasuke being a criminal was lies, but the part where she realizes Naruto has always been there for her while Sasuke keeps moving away from her is the truth.

Kisame better not die. His previous fights were never this good and just looked like he's all "my blade will eat you!!".

I'd like to see if Kisame can fight without that sword. He seems to be relying so much on its functionality.
You know, he had an entire huge battle against Gai where he didn't really use the sword. Back during the Gaara retrieval arc.

Kraco
Thu, 04-07-2011, 04:10 PM
A fight with Gai is below the current level of fighting, I reckon.

It felt to me like the part she was saying out loud at the beginning was Bullshit, but after she held onto him and was talking in his ear where the others couldn't hear her she was talking more about her real feelings.

So the part about Naruto being a hero and Sasuke being a criminal was lies, but the part where she realizes Naruto has always been there for her while Sasuke keeps moving away from her is the truth.

I don't think a romanticistic person like Naruto would settle for a I can't have him so I'll settle for the safe second choice type of love. If he can't win Sakura from Sasuke fair and square, he'll go without. That's why he didn't believe for a second what Sakura said, even if Sakura actually had developed some genuine feelings (I'm sure she has some, more mature and far less burning kind of feelings). Just looking at Sakura's face during the scene gave me the impression she was giving up a dream and settling for something less but more realistic.

anime nomad
Thu, 04-07-2011, 04:39 PM
I felt that sakura was lying as well. whats more it was a despicable thing to do to offer naruto that love in order to manipulate him, knowing full well how Naruto really loves her. Love should be freely given without bargaining or ulterior motives. my already dismal opinion Sakura just sank to all new lows. what a self-centered bitch. (besides we all know Hinata is way more deserving (and hotter) then sakura)
Meanwhile I hope that the Kisame Vs Bee fight doesn't turn into "I'll over-power samehada by producing more chakra then he can eat and thereby causing it to assplode". It would be great to see some more eight-sword technique and hand-to-hand.

SilentSnake
Thu, 04-07-2011, 04:57 PM
No matter what Sakura actually feels like towards Naruto (like it was mentioned already she has feelings for him by now anyway) what she did there was just incredibly dumb and noooooobody bought it.

What she did achieve, though, was to hurt Naruto by her failed manipulation.

Going after Sasuke -> she mad?! :D

Kraco
Thu, 04-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Going after Sasuke -> she mad?! :D

She underestimated Naruto. I'm sure she's underestimating Sasuke as well.

anime nomad
Thu, 04-07-2011, 05:34 PM
A fight with Gai is below the current level of fighting, I reckon.

no wai. admittedly in the last fight between them, Gai only used 3 gates(i think) and the kisame-clone was 1/10 his actual power, but i believe that the advantage is still with gai. Kisame is used to fighting people with massive chakra and flashy ninjitsu, but there are no other pure taijitsu users like rock and Gai in narutoverse.
gai's taijutsu only technique with at least 7 gates (or even the full eight) shouldn't be scoffed at.

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 04-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Sakura telling she's fallen for Naruto was indeed horseshit and he responded accordingly. Personally I'd slap the bitch around a bit for being all high and mighty, selfish and disrespectful to me like that. And when she was talking into his ears he responded as expected; she's a fool to think Naruto did all he did to get to Sasuke just for Sakura's sake. The bond Naruto has with Sasuke is obviously stronger than she has with him (Sasuke), which may come off a little fruity. But seeing Naruto's Nindo and his goal to become the Hokage at some point make his actions appropriate. A rogue ninja from your own village, especially one from your team, should be apprehended and dealt with appropriately. The heroics he displays while trying this show his potential and will work in his favor when the time comes to select the 6th. I'd also rather see Naruto wind up with Hinata than that pink hag.

Everything felt necessary for story development and it was all-in-all a good ep but I agree, a little less conversation and a little more action please.

Artris
Fri, 04-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Naruto handled that perfectly. I would have made vocal my supreme disappointment in Sakura for underestimating my intelligence to such a degree. She did just about the worse thing she could: she emotionally whored herself out to Naruto, and assumed he wouldn't see through it or care.

Maybe her intentions were good. Still, very demeaning.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-08-2011, 02:04 AM
my already dismal opinion Sakura just sank to all new lows. what a self-centered bitch.That's just stupid. She's TRYING to get him to stop throwing his life away chasing Sasuke.

Sai basically told her like two episodes ago that a promise she forced Naruto to make when they were dumb kids is basically consuming his entire life. She's trying to get him to abandon that stupid promise.

How is that being self-centered?

I don't think a romanticistic person like Naruto would settle for a I can't have him so I'll settle for the safe second choice type of love.I don't really see how realizing that your first choice has become a complete scumbag is the same as settling for your second choice. It's more like realizing that your second choice should have been your first choice all along.

To say that she's settling implies that she still wants Sasuke more than Naruto, and I don't think that's the case.

anime nomad
Fri, 04-08-2011, 02:40 AM
That's just stupid. She's TRYING to get him to stop throwing his life away chasing Sasuke.

Sai basically told her like two episodes ago that a promise she forced Naruto to make when they were dumb kids is basically consuming his entire life. She's trying to get him to abandon that stupid promise.

How is that being self-centered?

Exactly because she is trying to get him to abandon his promise with no consideration to how it affects him. Narutos way of the ninja is to never go back on his word. she now asks him to break his nindo.
she believes that Naruto is chasing sasuke because of his promise to her, and if she releases that promise he will stop chasing sasuke.
thats about as self centered as they come.

Kraco
Fri, 04-08-2011, 04:06 AM
I don't really see how realizing that your first choice has become a complete scumbag is the same as settling for your second choice. It's more like realizing that your second choice should have been your first choice all along.

That's perfect mature and realistic thinking, but I don't honestly believe Naruto would care a bit for such a thing. We have seen repeatedly he's a very passionate guy believing in justice and honest competition, and what's more, like Nomad said, he's also extremely stubborn about not leaving unfinished business behind. Sakura basically asked him to forget everything and take a shortcut. Perhaps this also indicates he's not that deeply in love with Sakura after all, and half of his crush was actually the deside to win her from Sasuke, his eternal rival. I'm a fool who would like to see romances even in stock shounen shows, but they need to be romantic romances, not something little better than arranged marriages of ulterior motives, crushed dreams, and stifled feelings.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Exactly because she is trying to get him to abandon his promise with no consideration to how it affects him. Narutos way of the ninja is to never go back on his word. she now asks him to break his nindo.
she believes that Naruto is chasing sasuke because of his promise to her, and if she releases that promise he will stop chasing sasuke.
thats about as self centered as they come.Uh, no. It's not. Naruto's Nindo is fucking stupid.

It's heroic and all and it makes for good storytelling, but Sasuke is a murdering shitbag at this point. Continuing to try and "save" him at this point because he made a promise when he was 11 to a girl he had a crush on is incredibly dumb and self destructive.

Sakura is RIGHT to try and get him to break his promise. He's throwing his life away in the pursuit of someone that doesn't deserve his help. His happiness and well being are more important to her than his stupid code.

That's perfect mature and realistic thinking, but I don't honestly believe Naruto would care a bit for such a thing. We have seen repeatedly he's a very passionate guy believing in justice and honest competition, and what's more, like Nomad said, he's also extremely stubborn about not leaving unfinished business behind.I'm not arguing that Naruto's response is appropriate. It is.

I don't take issue with the fact that Naruto doesn't believe her, I take issue with the fact that the viewers don't believe her. I simply don't believe she's bullshitting as much as everyone is saying she is. I think she cares more about Naruto than Sasuke at this point and she's right to try and get him to stop.

For the sake of the story, she'll fail to convince him, but I don't get all the hate directed at her for trying.

anime nomad
Fri, 04-08-2011, 08:02 AM
granted his nindo is retarded. however it is what defines him as a man and a ninja.
'I never go back on my word ! ..... except if the person I gave my word to releases me from my promises' ?
these excuses are for lesser men - certainly not the main characters of shonen anime. it matters not whether sakura releases him or not, once he has said he will do something, the only honorable path left for him is to do it or die trying - He can make no compromises to his word. that is an ideal worth aspiring to. Sakuras actions insulted these ideals - and that is what drives my dislike of her.
the reason I dont believe her is because of the situation directly leading up to her professing her "love" :
The younger council of konoha decree that they must kill sasuke, and ask for team 7s consent.
Sakura takes on the task of convincing naruto of the need to kill sasuke.
Sakura goes all the way out to the snow country to tell Naruto that she loves him and asks him to stop chasing sasuke.
The events leading up to her confession just make the confession less credible in my opinion.

Kraco
Fri, 04-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Oh, well, as far as I can judge, the problem is that Sakura underestimated Naruto by imagining he would drop the chase simply by receiving a confession from her. She was surely thinking what's best for the village and Naruto himself from an objective point of view. She had convinced herself Sasuke is a lost cause. However, this sort of thing can't work unless Naruto agrees on all the points as well, and anybody could have told Sakura he will not - if only she had revealed her foolish plan to anybody. So, the sole culprit of this fiasco was Sakura alone, and nothing but ill feelings came out of it, resulting in both of them only getting hurt. All in all I think the hate her actions (and herself) thus received are not unfounded.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-08-2011, 10:16 AM
To say that she's settling implies that she still wants Sasuke more than Naruto, and I don't think that's the case.

I do. Just because you "realise" someone's a "better choice" because they were always there for you doesn't automatically mean they win over whoever had your heart the whole time. I'm sure she loves Naruto to some degree - but she will not see him on the same level as Sasuke romantically.

'I never go back on my word ! ..... except if the person I gave my word to releases me from my promises' ?
these excuses are for lesser men - certainly not the main characters of shonen anime. it matters not whether sakura releases him or not, once he has said he will do something, the only honorable path left for him is to do it or die trying

Mmm... I don't think that's quite right.

e.g. if I ordered spaghetti, then told you to not worry about it - it's not exactly "manly" or "honourable" to still shove it at me because "you promised you'd do so". I can't remember how strongly Sakura told Naruto the drop the promise though.

On second thoughts though, this might have been a one-in-a-lifetime chance for Naruto to bang her.. and he passed it up XD.

SilentSnake
Fri, 04-08-2011, 11:05 AM
You know, she could have simply talked with him about the case, being honest here would work better than this shit she pulled out her ass.

She was not successful exactly BECAUSE she wanted to use Naruto's feelings to make him change his mind.

I understand her intentions might have been good, but she's telling herself "sorry, Naruto" for a reason.

Imo let Sasuke kill Sakura, Sasuke then feels better and comes back to Konoha. Naruto gets Hinata, Sasuke revives clan by ravaging Karin = problem solved :D

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Man, Karin is even worse than Sakura.

At least Sakura developed a crush on Sasuke when he was just a troubled kid. Karin somehow managed to fall in love with dickbag Sasuke.

That's probably the thing about Sasuke that pisses me off the most. It's not that he's gamebreakingly powerful, it's that he inspires this ridiculous loyalty in people for NO reason. He's a totally asshole, but he keeps attracting all these minions that are willing to sacrifice their lives to save him.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Man, Karin is even worse than Sakura.

At least Sakura developed a crush on Sasuke when he was just a troubled kid. Karin somehow managed to fall in love with dickbag Sasuke.

Sakura liked Sasuke because he's hot.

Karin liked Sasuke because his chakra turned her on.

They act one way towards him, and act like douchebags in front of others (Naruto/Suigetsu).

They're not too different.

Kraco
Sat, 04-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Half of the girls liked Sasuke back then, simply because he looked cool and excelled at every ninja art. And maybe also because he was a tragic case and they wanted to console him. I wouldn't call it very developed or mature love, and Sasuke left before Sakura had a chance to develop it any further. So, one might say she loved an ideal, not a man, so it doesn't matter how much of a scumbag Sasuke really have been of late. Karin's case is a bit different but I deem her shuriken is missing a few points anyway so it's probably pointless to try to judge her taste.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 04-09-2011, 03:24 PM
So, one might say she loved an ideal, not a man, so it doesn't matter how much of a scumbag Sasuke really have been of late.True, but one would hope at this point she's realized that the man Sasuke is is NOT the ideal that she was in love with.

Whether she realizes that he never really WAS that ideal in the first place though, who knows.

Mizuchi
Sat, 04-09-2011, 04:32 PM
True, but one would hope at this point she's realized that the man Sasuke is is NOT the ideal that she was in love with.

Whether she realizes that he never really WAS that ideal in the first place though, who knows.

...shes a cartoon character...

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 04-09-2011, 08:06 PM

Well there's that, and also love just never adds up logically. You cant base it on any facts or reasoning. Theres only a feeling of you want to be next to this person and you don't care about anything else. It takes a lot to laugh it takes a train to cry. And its gonna take a train running over sakura to stop her from wanting to be with the douche. With him behind the.... acceleration stick thing... barreling it towards her.

The more he pulls away the more shes gonna wanna be close thats just how it is almost always in life. Well you haveta be likeable first then start to pull away. Doesnt work too well if you skip the cool part and just go straight to douchebag. Personally, I hate it and all kinds of mind games that we all play on a daily basis. But thats the way it is. Right now my thoughts are falling out my ass with anxiety cause Im pritty sure thats what this girl I just met is doing. If she wasn't a perfect10 I wouldnt be thinking about it, but she not only is sweet, interesting, and shares a lot of the same ideals.... but shes also the sexiest thing I've ever laid eyes on, let alone laid, but yea. First two nights together.... amazing, perfect. Now I havent heard from her in two days and IM STARTING TO SWEAT GUYS. What should I do? Im gonna try my best to stop contacting her until she hits me up. But I guess thats all I can do.... -_____-

And btw guy we know its a cartoon but we like to think of them as real people with real emotions to try to get into the story more. Kindof like when you watch a movie, those might be actors up there.... but you still can let yourself be impacted by their interactions and think on it because if its good enough to make you think it usually reflects true life pritty damn well. And after watching a show for what now... 5 years? I think its pritty safe to assume we're in that deep.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-09-2011, 08:07 PM
True, but one would hope at this point she's realized that the man Sasuke is is NOT the ideal that she was in love with.

I believe she loved him because he was pretty, was good at ninjutsu and had a cool demeanour (though I'm sure she would have loved it if he dropped the last part when around her - especially if it's ONLY around her).

He's still every one of those things.

I don't think the Uchiha being wiped out have anything to do with their feelings for him, other than him being the one-and-only elite Uchiha - which is more a coolness thing than a sympathetic one.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 04-09-2011, 08:27 PM
I believe she loved him because he was pretty, was good at ninjutsu and had a cool demeanour (though I'm sure she would have loved it if he dropped the last part when around her - especially if it's ONLY around her).

He's still every one of those things.I would like to think that, even when she was younger, her ideal was "pretty, skilled, cool, NOT a mass murderer." And now he's "pretty, skilled, cool, mass murderer".

...shes a cartoon character...So nothing about the show is worth discussing. So I guess you never have to post here again.

Sam98034
Sun, 04-10-2011, 02:12 AM

Mizuchi, the comment of hope of Sakura's realization was intended from a plot and character development point of view. I don't think DarthEnder had a real and deep, genuine concern for Sakura as a person that she wouldn't realize Sasuke is not the boy she fell in love with. She is, afterall, a cartoon, and this is a story.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 04-10-2011, 02:43 AM
The fact that Sakura's confessions was faked and forced, I believe had the opposite effect. Naruto can't trust Sakura the way he once did and I imagine he's hurt more emotionally now than he was when Sakura chose Sasuke. I believe Sakura did more harm than good by trying to play on Naruto's feelings for her.

I am glad he did say his true feelings to Sakura on what he thought was right and wrong. A promise is a promise and breaking that promise would not be correct in Naruto's mind regardless of the circumstances.

I guess the ball is in Naruto's court now on that matter.

Killa-Eyez
Sun, 04-10-2011, 11:57 AM
If it's Naruto's he'll probably keep at it, learning powerfull jutsu's till he owns everyone/thing and sets things right.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-10-2011, 03:55 PM
What Jutsu is Naruto going to learn that is somehow going to set things right with all those samurai Sasuke just murdered a couple weeks ago?

SilentSnake
Sun, 04-10-2011, 04:41 PM
What Jutsu is Naruto going to learn that is somehow going to set things right with all those samurai Sasuke just murdered a couple weeks ago?

He'd have to develop mad genjutsu skill other than his heart-swaying speeches :P

Killa-Eyez
Sun, 04-10-2011, 05:46 PM

If they're true samurai warriors, they've gone to battle prepared to die. And by setting things right I mean that those who've gone rogue will get what's coming to them and justice will be served.

He'd have to develop mad genjutsu skill other than his heart-swaying speeches :P

I'm pretty sure there's tons of jutsu's, other than Sage-jutsu, out there that will allow countering even Sasuke's mighty Mangekyou Sharingan. And if there's someone who can learn even the hardest jutsu out there, it's the talentless lead character in the series.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm pretty sure there's tons of jutsu's, other than Sage-jutsu, out there that will allow countering even Sasuke's mighty Mangekyou Sharingan. And if there's someone who can learn even the hardest jutsu out there, it's the talentless lead character in the series.

If Naruto could ever get the Kyuubi to cooperate with him, he could make himself immune to genjutsu by having the fox kick in with a surge of nasty chakra whenever he's bound by it. Only thing is, if the sharingan can control the fox, then it will likely not work against sharingan-genjutsus. Just like how Sasuke dispelled the fox that time he looked into Naruto.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Do we know that ANY Sharingan can control the Tailed Beasts? Maybe it's just one of Madara's Mangekyou powers.

I'm pretty sure there's tons of jutsu's, other than Sage-jutsu, out there that will allow countering even Sasuke's mighty Mangekyou Sharingan. And if there's someone who can learn even the hardest jutsu out there, it's the talentless lead character in the series.Naruto needs to go get Pain's eyes.

Killa-Eyez
Mon, 04-11-2011, 11:45 AM
If Naruto could ever get the Kyuubi to cooperate with him, he could make himself immune to genjutsu by having the fox kick in with a surge of nasty chakra whenever he's bound by it. Only thing is, if the sharingan can control the fox, then it will likely not work against sharingan-genjutsus. Just like how Sasuke dispelled the fox that time he looked into Naruto.

But if it's only chakra he'd need then control by the Sharingan would be futile cause it wouldn't be the actual fox.

Do we know that ANY Sharingan can control the Tailed Beasts? Maybe it's just one of Madara's Mangekyou powers.

It seems that Madara and Sasuke are the only two who can tame the fox, maybe cause of their Mangekyou Sharingan. Yet at the time Sasuke was inside Naruto he didn't use/have his Mangekyou ability. The fox also commented on the Sharingan being a power and chakra more sinister than his own back in episode 1.

Naruto needs to go get Pain's eyes.

That would be pretty awesome.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-11-2011, 11:55 AM
But if it's only chakra he'd need then control by the Sharingan would be futile cause it wouldn't be the actual fox.

I'm not understanding this. Can you explain it a little?

Killa-Eyez
Mon, 04-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Well you said he'd need a nasty burst of Kyuubi chakra but that it wouldn't work against the Sharingan since it can control the Kyuubi. If Naruto's only lending chakra and Naruto would transform it into something counter effective the Sharingan would be futile in controlling it.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-11-2011, 07:23 PM
It seems that Madara and Sasuke are the only two who can tame the fox, maybe cause of their Mangekyou Sharingan. I don't know if I'd call what Sasuke did "taming the fox". All he did was cut Naruto off from the Fox's power from the inside. That's not really as impressive as actually controlling a freed tailed beast into attacking who you want.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-11-2011, 07:57 PM
If Naruto's only lending chakra and Naruto would transform it into something counter effective the Sharingan would be futile in controlling it.

???

Naruto's lending chakra?

When Naruto's under Genjutsu control, his chakra's being manipulated. He can try to snap out of it himself, or otherwise have an external source insert a surge of chakra into him to disrupt the flow of the genjutsu caster.

Since he has the Kyuubi in him, I thought that it might have worked as the secondary source.

But if the Kyuubi can be controlled by the sharingan, then when Naruto is under genjutsu the Kyuubi itself may also be affected, thereby stopping it from being able to make a decision to forcefully insert chakra into Naruto.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 04-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Unless naruto's training of controlling the kyuubi he's been doing is enough to keep the kyuubi from succumbing to the sharingan's control. And we don't know to what effect it will have to the tailed beast while its sealed.... we've only seen it be completely controlled when Madara worked his magic. At the beginning of shippuden I do remember the whole scene where the big bad fox says "Havent felt chakra like this since madara" and sasuke makes him go poof. Did he actually put kyuubi out of commission or was that just a mindfuck kinda thing? Still if Naruto is all synced up and in tune with his inner beast I doubt Sasuke would be able to repeat that.

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 04-12-2011, 08:02 AM
I don't know if I'd call what Sasuke did "taming the fox". All he did was cut Naruto off from the Fox's power from the inside. That's not really as impressive as actually controlling a freed tailed beast into attacking who you want.

I don't know if he did anything really, but he does wield this power, as the Kyuubi said.

???

Naruto's lending chakra?

When Naruto's under Genjutsu control, his chakra's being manipulated. He can try to snap out of it himself, or otherwise have an external source insert a surge of chakra into him to disrupt the flow of the genjutsu caster.

Since he has the Kyuubi in him, I thought that it might have worked as the secondary source.

But if the Kyuubi can be controlled by the sharingan, then when Naruto is under genjutsu the Kyuubi itself may also be affected, thereby stopping it from being able to make a decision to forcefully insert chakra into Naruto.

Yes, Naruto lending chakra from the Kyuubi, as he did many times before. With that I think it's very possible to disrupt the Genjutsu without the Kyuubi itself being manipulated. You said so yourself, Naruto's chakra is being manipulated, not the Kyuubi's.

Naruto still does not want to use the Kyuubi's power after what happened to Sakura so I don't think there will be a bond strong enough for both of them to be controlled by a Sharingan Genjutsu.

Also he'd probably want to figure something out without using the Kyuubi's power for the same reason.

Unless naruto's training of controlling the kyuubi he's been doing is enough to keep the kyuubi from succumbing to the sharingan's control. And we don't know to what effect it will have to the tailed beast while its sealed.... we've only seen it be completely controlled when Madara worked his magic. At the beginning of shippuden I do remember the whole scene where the big bad fox says "Havent felt chakra like this since madara" and sasuke makes him go poof. Did he actually put kyuubi out of commission or was that just a mindfuck kinda thing? Still if Naruto is all synced up and in tune with his inner beast I doubt Sasuke would be able to repeat that.

I guess there are too many loose ends to confirm anything. I personally think it's just a mindfuck thing. But in a visual metaphorical way it could mean that Sasuke can help Naruto get rid of the control the Kyuubi has over him. We'll have to find out.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Yes, Naruto lending chakra from the Kyuubi, as he did many times before. With that I think it's very possible to disrupt the Genjutsu without the Kyuubi itself being manipulated. You said so yourself, Naruto's chakra is being manipulated, not the Kyuubi's.

Naruto still does not want to use the Kyuubi's power after what happened to Sakura so I don't think there will be a bond strong enough for both of them to be controlled by a Sharingan Genjutsu.

Also he'd probably want to figure something out without using the Kyuubi's power for the same reason.I don't think Naruto would be able to call on the Kyuubi when he's under manipulation. He's stuck in a genjutsu and can't even control himself, let alone will himself to summon some Kyuubi chakra. His first port of call is to try to snap himself out of it - like a dream. If you can't even call upon yourself to wake yourself up, communication with the outside seems unlikely to me.

That's why the Nine Tales has to be the one to INJECT his chakra on his own accord when he senses Naruto's hit, rather than having Naruto ask for it. But if the Nine Tales is also under control from the Sharingan, then him being able to act freely is also questionable.

Side note: Naruto borrows, Kyuubi lends. <- that's what mostly confused me.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 04-12-2011, 09:20 AM
I don't think Naruto would be able to call on the Kyuubi when he's under manipulation. He's stuck in a genjutsu and can't even control himself, let alone will himself to summon some Kyuubi chakra. His first port of call is to try to snap himself out of it - like a dream. If you can't even call upon yourself to wake yourself up, communication with the outside seems unlikely to me.The Ninetails has shown in the past that it can act completely without input from Naruto. Like when Sasuke broke his neck in part one. He was basically dead, but the Ninetails stepped in anyway.

Genjutsu usually just effect the flow of chakra in the users brain, since the Ninetails is down in his stomach, he should be able to send a chakra surge to break Naruto free.

I'm STILL dying to know what Itachi implanted in Naruto that one time. It would be awesome if it just, like, broke Sasuke's Tsukiyomi when he tried to use it on Naruto.

Knowing Shounen anime though, it'll be a spirit projection like the kind the 4th left inside Naruto that will come out at the climactic moment and say something profound that will get Sasuke to see the error of his ways.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-12-2011, 09:36 AM
The Ninetails has shown in the past that it can act completely without input from Naruto. Like when Sasuke broke his neck in part one. He was basically dead, but the Ninetails stepped in anyway.

I know. I'm responding to KEyes suggestion that Naruto can call out KB's chakra even if KB itself was under control (or something like that, I think?).

Genjutsu usually just effect the flow of chakra in the users brain, since the Ninetails is down in his stomach, he should be able to send a chakra surge to break Naruto free.

Regular genjutsu, sure. But Sasuke and Madara both know about Naruto's Kyuubei, and they both have the Sharingan. I'm proposing the possibility that they can cast something at the same time that would screw up both Naruto and the KB.

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 04-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Side note: Naruto borrows, Kyuubi lends. <- that's what mostly confused me.

Oh yeah, my bad. Naruto borrows. We Dutch have one word for both meanings so an honest mistake on my part.

I don't think Naruto would be able to call on the Kyuubi when he's under manipulation. He's stuck in a genjutsu and can't even control himself, let alone will himself to summon some Kyuubi chakra. His first port of call is to try to snap himself out of it - like a dream. If you can't even call upon yourself to wake yourself up, communication with the outside seems unlikely to me.

That's why the Nine Tales has to be the one to INJECT his chakra on his own accord when he senses Naruto's hit, rather than having Naruto ask for it. But if the Nine Tales is also under control from the Sharingan, then him being able to act freely is also questionable.

It's said only the brain's chakra is under influence by Genjutsu. So if somekind of subconscious can be sealed away and act like a secondary source (like the fourth's seal in Naruto) there's a possibility it can counter a Genjutsu, much like the Kyuubi's chakra would.

As for the Kyuubi, it will also react when needed but that's only when Naruto's life is in serious danger. And again, Naruto will be under influence not the Kyuubi. A Sharingan user would have to place another Genjutsu, especially for the Kyuubi and I don't think that's possible if Naruto hasn't requested it's help and it's sealed away.

Edit: DarthEnder beat me to it.

I'm STILL dying to know what Itachi implanted in Naruto that one time. It would be awesome if it just, like, broke Sasuke's Tsukiyomi when he tried to use it on Naruto.

Knowing Shounen anime though, it'll be a spirit projection like the kind the 4th left inside Naruto that will come out at the climactic moment and say something profound that will get Sasuke to see the error of his ways.

Ah yeah, I totally forgot about that.

I know. I'm responding to KEyes suggestion that Naruto can call out KB's chakra even if KB itself was under control (or something like that, I think?).

No, it's not what I meant. I'm suggesting that if Naruto would let it, that nasty surge of Kyuubi chakra would help as Naruto is under Genjutsu, not the Kyuubi. Communication with the outside would be unlikely, yes, but the Kyuubi is sealed inside him. And the Kyuubi also under Genjutsu while inside Naruto is an assumption that has yet to be proven.

Regular genjutsu, sure. But Sasuke and Madara both know about Naruto's Kyuubei, and they both have the Sharingan. I'm proposing the possibility that they can cast something at the same time that would screw up both Naruto and the KB.

If that would be possible then Naruto would have te create a counter measure that's not of Madara's and Sasuke's knowledge, like the example mentioned above.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-12-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't think that's possible if Naruto hasn't requested it's help and it's sealed away.

Hmm. I've never thought that the seal would act as some sort of barrier between the Sharingan and the Nine Tails. I can't say whether or not I agree with it, but it's an interesting idea.

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 04-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Hmm. I've never thought that the seal would act as some sort of barrier between the Sharingan and the Nine Tails. I can't say whether or not I agree with it, but it's an interesting idea.

I think that if it would be possible, it'd be extremely difficult to do. But we can't say anything for sure.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 04-12-2011, 06:23 PM

It was my idea. can we all make sure thats noted? No one ever listens to me on here.... just trying to make sure the one time you actually do it isn't mistaken for someone else.

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 04-12-2011, 06:55 PM
The idea is yours. I was just saying it wasn't confirmed as possible.