PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 204 [Canon]

Penner
Thu, 03-24-2011, 07:19 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 204 - 720p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=201642) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/3VUJJpW/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20204%20%5B720p%5D.mkv)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 204 - 480p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=201641) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/YM6KKMv/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20204%20%5B480p%5D.mkv)
[Narutoverse] NARUTO Shippuuden 204 - avi: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=201648) | DDL (http://www.filesonic.com/file/337208424)

Another good ep, but it's over too fast :/

ASSpirine
Thu, 03-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Damn, those kage battles are soooo great. Nice jutsu's.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Okay, I need someone to tell me what Tsuki No Me and Enka mean cause I don't know what's going on.

So the Mizukage has some sweet Combo elements. Lava is obviously Earth and Fire, not sure what makes Acid Fog.

And the Tsuchikage is just badass. DBZ flying, disintigration cubes, stone touch, and scarves that make cool poses while flying.

TNTxTNT
Thu, 03-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Okay, I need someone to tell me what Tsuki No Me and Enka mean cause I don't know what's going on.

So the Mizukage has some sweet Combo elements. Lava is obviously Earth and Fire, not sure what makes Acid Fog.

And the Tsuchikage is just badass. DBZ flying, disintigration cubes, stone touch, and scarves that make cool poses while flying.

Well Enka is a traditional japanese singing style as far as I know.

"Tsuki" means moon and "me" eye. SO I guess it would be "Eye of the moon" or "The moon's eye".

Kraco
Thu, 03-24-2011, 05:29 PM

It seems like the geezer can control gravity/weight, making him able to levitate. Makes carrying him around a lot nicer, of course, as long as you keep him happy so that he decreases it...

Artris
Thu, 03-24-2011, 06:36 PM
It seems like the geezer can control gravity/weight, making him able to levitate. Makes carrying him around a lot nicer, of course, as long as you keep him happy so that he decreases it...

No hesitation, pulled out one hell of a finishing move right from the beginning. I like that he didn't attempt to sway Sasuke with words, didn't toy with him. Just BAM, head shot. I knew he would have to have some bad ass abilities, given both his age and size. I wasn't expecting such strong abilities.

He makes me think of Yoda. Though Yoda is likely taller. :D

And Moon Eye. Great, more eye crap.

Mizuchi
Fri, 03-25-2011, 01:04 AM
not sure what makes Acid Fog.

She also controls water style. Water is made up of H+ and OH- ions. If you significantly increase the ratio of H+ to OH-, the solution becomes acidic. Heat it to a high enough temperature, and you have acidic gas.

If you want a simpler explanation, it's shounen anime, and its a kekkei genkai.

Artris
Fri, 03-25-2011, 07:04 AM
She also controls water style. Water is made up of H+ and OH- ions. If you significantly increase the ratio of H+ to OH-, the solution becomes acidic. Heat it to a high enough temperature, and you have acidic gas.

If you want a simpler explanation, it's shounen anime, and its a kekkei genkai.

Also, why does she only have two kick ass abilities. Three elements, three permutations assuming the order doesn't matter. It was water, fire and earth. So she should have three abilites, water + fire, fire +earth, and earth +water. I would think that the lava is fire + earth but that doesn't explain the fog. Wouldn't you need earth to control the ph of the water, and fire to vaporize it? Unless you can inherently control the ph level of the water with water alone. Assuming that we have water + fire, fire + earth. That leaves earth + water.

That or all three elements are used for both. That makes more sense to me, for such powerful abilities, but I just don't see why water is necessary for spitting lava. Maybe to keep her mouth cool :confused:.

Yes, I'm over-thinking this.

Kraco
Fri, 03-25-2011, 10:11 AM
I think your view of individual elemental affinities is too limited. I'm pretty sure you need nothing but water to get plenty of mist jutsus, for example. It's still water, even if gaseous. Lava is nothing but molten rock, but since the heat is actually the important point, having it require both earth and fire makes sense. So, until we see supercritical water, I don't think water + fire will be evident. Not that supercritical water wouldn't be quite a lethal jutsu...

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 03-25-2011, 10:42 PM
I think that I need to get me a "WWND" bracelet. I couldn't help but chuckle when Gaara asked himself what Naruto would have done.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-26-2011, 01:50 AM
Also, why does she only have two kick ass abilities. Three elements, three permutations assuming the order doesn't matter. It was water, fire and earth. So she should have three abilites, water + fire, fire +earth, and earth +water.That would require three separate Bloodline Limits. As it is, she's already the first character they've introduced who has two.

Remember that any character can use multiple elements with enough training, Kakashi has also been shown to use 3 or 4 of them now, and it's not even considered a big deal. But being able to combine two elements to form a new element requires a Bloodline Limit.

So even if she could use 3 different elements, she'd have to be descended from 3 separate clans that each knew how to combine two of those elements in order to make all 3 combinations.

One person can only have so many awesome magic parents.

I think your view of individual elemental affinities is too limited. I'm pretty sure you need nothing but water to get plenty of mist jutsus, for example. It's still water, even if gaseous. Lava is nothing but molten rock, but since the heat is actually the important point, having it require both earth and fire makes sense. So, until we see supercritical water, I don't think water + fire will be evident. Not that supercritical water wouldn't be quite a lethal jutsu...I hardly think Supercritical is nessecary for a water+fire combination. Even Steam would be an acceptable combination of Water and Fire elements.

For some reason, you skipped right over steam on your path between regular fog and nuclear reactor byproduct.

Kraco
Sat, 03-26-2011, 02:24 AM
You could be right. Mist as such just feels a bit underwhelming to be the product of two elemental jutsus. I also felt like we had seen mist jutsus a few times during the show and not necessarily by so awesome ninja either. But I could be remembering wrong.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-26-2011, 02:34 AM
Yeah, but it's ACID mist. Acid mist that even melts magical demon skeletons. That's definitely a step up from what Zabuza was using.

I'm guessing the fire or earth somehow makes it acid. Probably fire because even though you don't need fire to make acid, Hollywood Acid always looks like it's boiling.

TNTxTNT
Sat, 03-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Supposedly she can control the PH level of water?

Sam98034
Sat, 03-26-2011, 03:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PH

Low pH = Acid, High pH = Base

Mizuchi
Sat, 03-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah, but it's ACID mist.

I'm guessing the fire or earth somehow makes it acid.

Something I mentioned several posts back. You don't need earth or fire to make acid. Acid can be made from water, which is only made of two ions. If you have a high pH, you have a low amount of OH- and a high amount of H+, thereby making it acidic.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Something I mentioned several posts back. You don't need earth or fire to make acid. Acid can be made from water, which is only made of two ions. If you have a high pH, you have a low amount of OH- and a high amount of H+, thereby making it acidic.If you're being scientific about it, sure. Whose to say Kishi is being scientific about it.

She specifically states she has two Bloodline Limits, and it's called Vapor Style: Solid Fog Jutsu.

When a jutsu starts with "Suchandsuch Style:" the suchandsuch is the Element. So one can assume that Vapor Style is a combined element.

kmkze04
Sun, 03-27-2011, 05:33 AM
You know, I was just thinking back to the old eps... when the Third fought Orochimaru at the Chuunin exams finals, didn't Orochimaru summon the dead 1st (Senju) and 2nd (Uchiha) Hokages to fight? The 1st looked like himself, but if that was the 2nd, one point is that he wasn't dead to begin with, and he looked nothing like nor had any abilities of Madara... Unless I've missed some detail, that's one giant plot discrepancy.

x2dazee
Sun, 03-27-2011, 05:46 AM
You know, I was just thinking back to the old eps... when the Third fought Orochimaru at the Chuunin exams finals, didn't Orochimaru summon the dead 1st (Senju) and 2nd (Uchiha) Hokages to fight? The 1st looked like himself, but if that was the 2nd, one point is that he wasn't dead to begin with, and he looked nothing like nor had any abilities of Madara... Unless I've missed some detail, that's one giant plot discrepancy.

The second wasn't Madara, it was the 1st Hokage's younger brother who was an expert in Mizu (Water Style/based) Jutsus.

To Young
Sun, 03-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Heh Ha .. I am mini old floating geezer with phyma and back problems.

BAM. Instant death no jitsu. Wahahahaha.

Kids these days, no respect.

"phyma" http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=phyma&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1594&bih=911

TNTxTNT
Sun, 03-27-2011, 12:42 PM
If you're being scientific about it, sure. Whose to say Kishi is being scientific about it.

She specifically states she has two Bloodline Limits, and it's called Vapor Style: Solid Fog Jutsu.

When a jutsu starts with "Suchandsuch Style:" the suchandsuch is the Element. So one can assume that Vapor Style is a combined element.

I did some searching and supposedly the technique is called:
沸遁・巧霧の術
Futton - Koumu no Jutsu

I'm not good enough to say what would be a good translation but looking at some dictionaries:
沸 (fut) = seethe; boil; ferment; uproar; breed
遁 (ton) = flee; escape; shirk; evade; set free
巧 (kou) = adroit; skilled; ingenuity
霧 (mu) = fog; mist
術 (jutsu) = art; technique; skill; means; trick; resources; magic

For 沸遁 and 巧霧 I find no words in the dictionary. They do like to put together kanji to form new ones.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-27-2011, 02:30 PM
I did some searching and supposedly the technique is called:
沸遁・巧霧の術
Futton - Koumu no Jutsu

I'm not good enough to say what would be a good translation but looking at some dictionaries:
沸 (fut) = seethe; boil; ferment; uproar; breed
遁 (ton) = flee; escape; shirk; evade; set free
巧 (kou) = adroit; skilled; ingenuity
霧 (mu) = fog; mist
術 (jutsu) = art; technique; skill; means; trick; resources; magic

For 沸遁 and 巧霧 I find no words in the dictionary. They do like to put together kanji to form new ones.Well, the "ton" is the word that always gets translated as "Style" or "Release" in an elemental jutsu.

For example: "Katon:" is "Fire Style:" or "Fire Release:". "Douton:" is "Earth Style:" or "Earth Release:".

So given that, if Fut means what you say then "Futton:" would be "Boil Style:" or "Boil Release:"

Which certainly makes it sound a lot more like Fire+Water element.

Sam98034
Sun, 03-27-2011, 11:31 PM
From some quick google research I found that you can use certain minerals to adjust the acidity of water. So maybe you mix water with some of those earth minerals to lower the pH level, heat it up a bit, then Presto! Acid Steam.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Fire and Water Jutsu combined.

Water for the acid.
Fire to vapourise it.

Last time I heard, Water plus Earth gave Wood.

PS: Zetsu's awesome.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Last time I heard, Water plus Earth gave Wood.Huh huh...wood.

But yeah, that makes the most sense to me. She has two Bloodline Limits. One for combining Fire and Earth Styles into Lava Style, one for combining Water and Fire Styles into Boil Style.

As she's not related to the First Hokage, she doesn't have the Bloodline Limit that would let her combine Earth and Water Styles into Wood Style.

I also noticed that other translations are calling the Tsuchikage's Particle Style "Dust Release". Possible Earth+Air Bloodline Limit?

kmkze04
Wed, 04-06-2011, 03:51 AM
The second wasn't Madara, it was the 1st Hokage's younger brother who was an expert in Mizu (Water Style/based) Jutsus.

Ah ok... I thought I remembered something at the end of the Sasuke vs Naruto arc at Valley of the End where they said the First and Second fought, and somehow I thought the 2nd was Madara... My memory isn't the greatest.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Ah ok... I thought I remembered something at the end of the Sasuke vs Naruto arc at Valley of the End where they said the First and Second fought, and somehow I thought the 2nd was Madara... My memory isn't the greatest.

The first and second fought? FYI the two statues where Naruto vs Sasuke happened depict the 1st and Madara.