PDA

View Full Version : A little Princess Sara

David75
Fri, 03-11-2011, 01:38 PM
[Licca] A Little Princess Sara Episodes 1-46 (h.264) 9.3 GiB (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=197076)

This is by no means a new show, what is new is probably a batch for the 46 eps of that WMT show. It was recently subbed, so i decided to give it a try.

From ANN: (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=444)

Plot Summary: Sara, daughter of a rich miner from India, comes to Miss Minchin's girls school in London. Sara knows a lot, speaks French perfectly - she immediately becomes the best student. She helps everybody and loves everybody, from little Lottie who is too young for school and desperately needs a mother, to the servants-children Becky and Peter, who are not considered people at all. But the most important thing is Sara's riches - which make her Miss Minchin's representative and evoke the mortal jelousy of Lavinia, the ex-favourite. When word comes that Sara's father has suddenly died bunkrupted, Sara becomes a penniless orphan. Miss Minchin, scared that throwing the girl out will ruin her school's reputation, lets Sara stay, making her life impossible. Sara has to do the hardest work in the kitchen, mostly hungry, with all Lavinia's hatred and Miss Minchin's despise now released at her. But Sara's spirit is not broken, and her true friends never leave her in her misery.

I've watched ep 1 and was pleased that picture quality is not as degraded I feared it would be, it's perfectly watchable if you forgive it for its 25 years...

That show and I?
I was around 12 when I first experienced it, so 23 years ago yup...
You can imagine that show wasn't the first thing coming to mind for a 12 year old brat.
At the time, I remember being torn between my will to watch it and my idea it wasn't for boys, but I did watch some eps. Problem is that eps were broadcast in disorder, stopped and so on. Also, I did not religiously follow it. Rather, I enjoyed watching the ep if it was on at the time I was watching TV.
I already knew at the time that past the first reaction "It's a show for girlies" there was more and that eventually I would come back to it.
I didn't know it would be when I'm 35. I guess that batch comes at the right time. It was a show I wanted to have a full picture, like KOR and Maison Ikkoku.

I guess that thread will not be very lively, as this is a show that is older than most gotwooters, as it is quite on the shoujo maybe a little josei side. But if someone can enjoy it, then this thread as a purpose.

Have fun!