PDA

View Full Version : Is Orochimaru truly dead?

February
Thu, 03-10-2011, 04:34 AM
Did Orochimaru really die when Sasuke killed him? People were debating this. We're not sure because we saw a remainder of Oro within Sasuke while we also know that Kabuto absorbed Orochimaru.

Now, in recent chapters, Kabuto used the forbidden impure world summoning and all the baddies revived, even Zabuza, but guess what? Orochimaru isn't there. You would think Kabuto would remember revive Oro if he's known to revive a no-name like Haku?

That leads us to three conclusions:

a) Oro really is dead, and Kabuto couldn't summon him for some reason
b) Orochimaru is still alive
c) Oro is not dead, but he is sealed from Itachi's technique

We can throw out the idea of "Kabuto didn't want to summon Oro," Kabuto adores Oro.

We can also throw out the idea that Kabuto "forgot" to summon Oro, when he's summoned every single useless character that didn't matter to him.

Choice a) is somewhat viable, maybe along the lines of something like Orochimaru made the technique so he can't be summoned himself, but then we remember that the 2nd hokage also used this technique, so Oro can't be called the inventor. I just can't see why Kabuto could not summon him.

I think Orochimaru is alive, hence why Kabuto can't summon him. My theory is that Oro is living inside Kabuto's body, and will over-take him eventually.

Yes, I do remember Itachi's Susano sealed Orochimaru, and maybe that is why he's not considered dead, but we also have to take into account that Oro lives inside of Kabuto. This is why answer C) is also a big possibility, even though I assume he's living inside of Kabuto.

To think about it from another viewpoint:

Orochimaru is the slimiest creepy villian who never dies...he regenerates like crazy, if his body gets tore up, he just sheds. He's strong, and he is a good villian. He's just evil to the core, unlike the other protaganists we had like Itachi, Pein, Zabuza. I think he makes too good of a bad guy to die. And I think the writer sees this. Madara is a good villain but he's got reasons to revenge, and we don't know much about him as a person.

Vote in poll + lets discuss

Atheist
Thu, 03-10-2011, 04:51 AM
He still lives in Kabuto, I think eventually he will take over Kabuto's body it is just a matter of time.

FireEmblem
Sat, 03-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Also, I don't think that Itachi's sword killed him. We see a snake get burned by Amaterasu during the end of the Sasuke and Itachi fight. This is what I presume to be Orochimaru's final struggle to survive and that could make his resurrection possible because then he really isn't stuck in some genjutsu world or whatever. That is assuming that Kishi wasn't simply wasting resources to randomly draw snakes right after we saw the snake and resurrection themed villain get killed.