PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 201 [Canon]

Marik
Thu, 03-03-2011, 07:54 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 201 - 720p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=197554) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/jqgFbff/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20201%20%5B720p%5D.mkv)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 201 - 480p: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=197551) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/tTFjuM3/%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%20-%20201%20%5B480p%5D.mkv)
[Narutoverse] NARUTO Shippuden 201 - avi: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=197552) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/sz8pggA)

Harima Kenji
Thu, 03-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Wow... didn't see those things coming..
Nice to see them explain Danzo's Sharingan, but what the hell is up with his shoulder?
It does make sense how Danzo's plans were going so smoothly.
Both Zetsu and Madara's moves were surprising, I wonder how that will end up.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-03-2011, 01:10 PM
So awesome. Sai is like my favorite now!

"Hey Sakura, good job fucking up Naruto for his entire life."

I like how Shikamaru mentioned her parents when we still don't know shit about them.

"And then people like your parents will want revenge!"

Oh, what are they gonna do about it? They're probably muggles anyway.

Sweet cliffhanger though.

lelouch
Thu, 03-03-2011, 01:18 PM
I would be really happy if they just came out with the next 10 episodes right now. The cliffhangers are too much.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-03-2011, 01:57 PM
I would be really happy if they just came out with the next 10 episodes right now. The cliffhangers are too much.Don't watch for 10 weeks?

Kraco
Thu, 03-03-2011, 07:20 PM
I liked this episode quite a lot. It was like an end of childhood episode. They really managed to successfully make a big deal of the old promise they should have grown out of but neither could, and so Sai comparing it to a curse was very apt. I never really thought about how it was tying not only Naruto but Sakura herself so strongly.

What comes to Sai himself, it almost feels like his character had been written for this particular ep from the beginning. How he was emotionally very lacking but thus could observe the others freely from various points of views, and finally didn't hold back anymore. Lots of old, loose threads were tied all at once.

The only weak scene was Ino crying so ardently. That felt unreal. She hasn't even seen the dude for a long time now, much less interacted with him. Just declaring him officially a rogue shouldn't bring about such a reaction. It was like she was shown Sasuke's dead body...

LordGardenGnome
Thu, 03-03-2011, 07:53 PM
I liked this episode quite a lot. It was like an end of childhood episode. They really managed to successfully make a big deal of the old promise they should have grown out of but neither could, and so Sai comparing it to a curse was very apt. I never really thought about how it was tying not only Naruto but Sakura herself so strongly.

What comes to Sai himself, it almost feels like his character had been written for this particular ep from the beginning. How he was emotionally very lacking but thus could observe the others freely from various points of views, and finally didn't hold back anymore. Lots of old, loose threads were tied all at once.

The only weak scene was Ino crying so ardently. That felt unreal. She hasn't even seen the dude for a long time now, much less interacted with him. Just declaring him officially a rogue shouldn't bring about such a reaction. It was like she was shown Sasuke's dead body...

+1 I really enjoyed the dialog in this then the cliffhanger, Danzo's right shoulder looked a little like Kakuzu's face things to me.

anime nomad
Thu, 03-03-2011, 08:56 PM
+1 I really enjoyed the dialog in this then the cliffhanger, Danzo's right shoulder looked a little like Kakuzu's face things to me.

Freaky stuff. and awesome episode
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj179/lycantha/00aa.jpg

Its actually makes perfect sense to me for the leaf to kill Sasuke, why allow another village to kill your people? that would just lead to the vendetta war that shikamaru talks about. I thought that was one of the main purposes of the Anbu - the hunting and killing of missing-nin. I suspect that it maybe Danzo's intent to secure his position as hokage by instigating a war with the hidden cloud through a vendetta war. It totally suits his persona to sacrifice some ninja to secure his position.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-03-2011, 09:13 PM
I guess my only flaw in both Shikimaru's logic and Naruto's is that in order for this whole chain of revenge thing to happen, Sakura or Naruto would have to seek vengeance on whoever kills Sasuke at this point.

...why the hell would they do that? I mean, we know Naruto won't do it because he's going out of his way to break the chain, and...realistically, what's Sakura gonna do against someone who took out Sasuke?

At this point, Sasuke deserves to die. All they have to do to break the chain of vengeance is...let Sasuke get what he deserves.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-03-2011, 09:23 PM
...why the hell would they do that? I mean, we know Naruto won't do it because he's going out of his way to break the chain, and...realistically, what's Sakura gonna do against someone who took out Sasuke?

Kill them, or die trying. Either way, someone's going to die, and not everybody's like Naruto and willing to let it slide.

Same with the mention of Sakura's parents before.

They sure made an effort to bring out the facial expressions this week. Awesome.

The only flaw to me is how on earth Sasuke doesn't know they're after him when Zetsu's yelling (half) his head off.

Azonalanthious
Fri, 03-04-2011, 12:42 AM

It felt a little off to me at first too, but as the episode went on and Shikamaru explained things, it felt a lot more natural -- she wasn't crying so much because he had been declared rogue, it was because she had just agreed that the best thing to do was to help hunt him down. It sounded to me like the young ninjas plan on going after Sasuke themselves and if she agreed to be part of it, I can see that being a tearful moment even given the length of time that has passed. Remember, it may have been 3 years since she saw him, but it was what, 13, 14 years they grew up together and she had a crush on him? Kinda rough.

Kraco
Fri, 03-04-2011, 03:36 AM
she wasn't crying so much because he had been declared rogue, it was because she had just agreed that the best thing to do was to help hunt him down.

Oh, a very good point. I completely failed to think of it that way.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-04-2011, 04:07 AM
Kill them, or die trying. Either way, someone's going to die, and not everybody's like Naruto and willing to let it slide.

Same with the mention of Sakura's parents before.Yes, but at this point, Sakura and Naruto are the only people who care if Sasuke dies or not.

If he gets killed, and neither of them pursue vengeance...chain broken.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Yes, but at this point, Sakura and Naruto are the only people who care if Sasuke dies or not.

If he gets killed, and neither of them pursue vengeance...chain broken.

Sakura didn't respond when Shikamaru said that. I take the silence as an agreement.

Mugen
Fri, 03-04-2011, 10:11 AM
pretty good ep, i liked zetsu's entrance, should be interesting to see what him and madara are up to

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-04-2011, 10:13 AM
pretty good ep, i liked zetsu's entrance, should be interesting to see what him and madara are up to

What I found equally good was how Raikage took him on with sheer speed. Akatsuki pretty much walked all over everybody so far. It's nice to see someone put up some resistance to Ai- err, Madara's plans.

ASSpirine
Sat, 03-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Well, we still not fully know what part in the akatsuki Zetsu plays. As of now we have never seen him fight and is only some sort of scout who works the closest with Madara. Who knows what kinda freak jutsu he's gonna pull to relieve himself from raikage.

Kraco
Sat, 03-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Maybe he will just eat Raikage. Zetsu's some sort of carnivorous plant anyway.

ASSpirine
Sat, 03-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Freaky stuff. and awesome episode
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj179/lycantha/00aa.jpg

Its actually makes perfect sense to me for the leaf to kill Sasuke, why allow another village to kill your people? that would just lead to the vendetta war that shikamaru talks about. I thought that was one of the main purposes of the Anbu - the hunting and killing of missing-nin. I suspect that it maybe Danzo's intent to secure his position as hokage by instigating a war with the hidden cloud through a vendetta war. It totally suits his persona to sacrifice some ninja to secure his position.

I noticed that Danzo also has some kind of weight around his wrist, the same like raikages' wrist. Quite strange thou.
Also, Mizukage always has one eye hidden behind a lock of hair. She also has some kind of ocular bloodline limit? :s

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Also, Mizukage always has one eye hidden behind a lock of hair. She also has some kind of ocular bloodline limit? :s

Nah, just emo fringe from being unmarried. :P

Mugen
Sat, 03-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Well, we still not fully know what part in the akatsuki Zetsu plays. As of now we have never seen him fight and is only some sort of scout who works the closest with Madara. Who knows what kinda freak jutsu he's gonna pull to relieve himself from raikage.

true, it didn't even look like he tried to get away... think about it, he entered a room full of kages by himself... he's gotta have balls of steel to do that

lelouch
Sat, 03-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Agreed, I feel like the Raikage is about to get fucked, or at least be pushed back at the least. Does Gaara still have his sand abilities? I thought they completely stemmed from Shukaku, but I think I remember sand around his wrist when he shook Naruto's hand, so I'm assuming the powers are very dulled down now.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-05-2011, 06:38 PM
true, it didn't even look like he tried to get away... think about it, he entered a room full of kages by himself... he's gotta have balls of steel to do that

For sure Zetsu can save his ass here. It's obvious that he underestimated them as well though.

Does Gaara still have his sand abilities? I thought they completely stemmed from Shukaku, but I think I remember sand around his wrist when he shook Naruto's hand, so I'm assuming the powers are very dulled down now.

Gaara's sand control greatly weakened after Shukaku was sealed. They explained that his body retained some of its abilities since it was hosting for such a long time. It'll be great if what we see is better use of sand by Gaara (be it tactics or more efficient techniques) rather than reacquiring the brute force or sheer volume of sand.

Penner
Sun, 03-06-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm just assuming that the weight things around Raikage's arms are just that, weights, kinda like Lee and Gai's weight things... it seems to make sense just looking at how physically built the Raikage is compared to most people we've seen so far :P

ASSpirine
Sun, 03-06-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm just assuming that the weight things around Raikage's arms are just that, weights, kinda like Lee and Gai's weight things... it seems to make sense just looking at how physically built the Raikage is compared to most people we've seen so far :P

But what's up with Danzo having a similar kind of weight around his wrist...

Penner
Sun, 03-06-2011, 06:02 PM
I just thought Danzou's arm was broken or otherwise damaged and he had like some support bracing or whatever on his arm, that still might be the case, but seeing the weird chakraflow(i think?) in his eye/arm when the other bodyguard used his Buyakugan, it might be something completely different.. not sure whats going on there, but i still don't think those are weights on Danzou's arm >_>

kmkze04
Mon, 03-07-2011, 04:46 AM
I think they'll end up being a seal or restraining device that holds back whatever that face thing is in his shoulder. Kind of like the black dragon attack Hiei used in YYH.

gos27
Mon, 03-07-2011, 08:20 PM
My god that episode was brilliant, great ending too, can't wait to see what Madara wanted to talk to Naruto about. Hope these episodes keep up and they don't ruin a long run with shitty fillers again!

Artris
Tue, 03-08-2011, 10:34 AM
I'd venture a guess that the entire arm and part of the back is from the eye's previous owner, or at least that the arm uses that chakra. Just consider how tired Kakashi gets using his sharingan. What if he was able to use it with the previous owners chakra though? Perhaps it would be a better fit. Perhaps the arm is needed to form the seals using said chakra.

Also if you go back a few episodes you will see the arm and the weights are different from the Raikage's. Still don't know what their purpose is, but the chakra outline you see is a bit different from the look of the actual weights. I wonder how well the Hokage can form seals with what appears to be a rather crippled arm, or if it is just an act to hide the form of the arm.

Suishi... isn't that the name of the guy Itachi was accused of killing?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Suishi... isn't that the name of the guy Itachi was accused of killing?

Yes.

As for the whole Chakra thing, it's completely different from what we've seen before. Normally, Byakugan sees the network in a person like it sees blood vessels. Here, it's just showing an outline. I doubt they're trying to keep things consistent, which means we're shown practically nothing.