PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 530

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 03-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/41199623/1)

Logrus
Wed, 03-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Still more progress than 10 Bleach chapters.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 03-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Funny how the 'good' badguys are actually telling the others to hurry up and seal them while still kicking their asses xD

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Kishimonto has a thing for having two guys jump on someone and tie him up. it's actually a recurring theme (Kakashi, Sasuke, Payne, Kazuku...).
Kazuku doesn't look that impressive after we've seen Jiraya fight against summoning madness Payne, his 'five hearts' seems tame compared to that.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Well what Kabutomaru did earlier, is it complete control over everyone or does he just do that to some of them? It really didnt seem clear and if its just on select individuals, Shikamaru should be able to defeat Asuma easily by reminding him. Also Mifune vs Hanzo should be epic, either full of win or disaster, but epic none the less.

redcat
Wed, 03-02-2011, 06:46 PM
killing kakuzu 5 times doesn't make sense, since these guys regenerate now. or does it not apply to his absorbed hearts? if he ran out would he die or would he stay alive because of the impure technique? what happened between getting resurrected with no hearts and getting his first one after wards? so confusing

Carnage
Wed, 03-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Wow I never imagined that Mifune could compete against someone who took on all 3 sannins in their younger days. But then again, power levels no longer make sense in this series.

toonice714
Wed, 03-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Mifune by name in japanese culture was a famous samurai right? Then again discovery channel said in a documentary about ninja said that they were also known to be able to take 3 samurai at a time. Doesnt matter though b/c this manga doesnt make sense anymore. Just let the two lovers fight it out and let this manga end

Sam98034
Wed, 03-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Yeah. This Arc is totally broken, but I'm kind of excited to see the samurai fight. Kishi pulled a Kubo on us by showing badass samurai and then never coming back to them. I hope Mifune doesn't dissapoint.

MFauli
Thu, 03-03-2011, 02:45 AM
Man, it´s all so dumb :D

Even then, focus on Shikamaru actually managed to make this a partly enjoyable chapter. Specially compared to the past months of bs. But yeah, so much to complain about even here: Kotetsu and Izumi tying Kakuzu up instead of just slashing him when they had the chance. Inoichi, who´s responsible for EVERYONE focusing on the three kids. Sending them against Asuma. And was that Tenten smashing another Zetsu? Man, these clones suck so much. And pulling out Mifune from nowhere and having him on par with someone, who held off the three Sannin...sigh.

Dear god, please hurry, Sasuke (wow, i feel ashamed for writing that)

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 03-03-2011, 03:09 AM
Well to give the Sanins credit, they were still young. I'm sure over the years they became much more powerful. It was just that Hanzo himself gave recognition to them that he bestowed the title to them.

enkoujin
Thu, 03-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Well what Kabutomaru did earlier, is it complete control over everyone or does he just do that to some of them?

He only forced a complete control over some people from earlier chapters (520-524) like Haku and Zabuza by sealing away their will. Then, he decided to keep a few of their wills alive - this is probably used for psychological warfare by using the summoned characters' past relationships interfere with the specific key individuals from the Shinobi army.

It really didnt seem clear and if its just on select individuals, Shikamaru should be able to defeat Asuma easily by reminding him.

That may very well be.

So far, the only two ways to combat the dead, varying in state, is through three ways:

1) If their souls/wills are not sealed, then it is through emotions/words.

2) If their seals are sealed, then sealing/immobilizing them is the only action that can be done. However, to be able to seal them, they should be able to first die (made "unconscious") and sealed before being regenerated again.

3) The functional summonings will be immobile if Kabuto can cancel the technique.

killing kakuzu 5 times doesn't make sense, since these guys regenerate now. or does it not apply to his absorbed hearts? if he ran out would he die or would he stay alive because of the impure technique? what happened between getting resurrected with no hearts and getting his first one after wards? so confusing

I thought that was confusing as well. The impure world resurrection technique revives individuals to a time at the death and with a talisman, they become "regenerated" again. I'm assuming that the "regenerated" state is the state of the individual before their last battles were fought.

In this case, Kakuzu's stolen hearts were integrated into part of his body and thus is claimed to be his own (though, denying the laws of genetics through the process). I'm imagining that the army would have to kill him five times due to his five hearts and while he's immobile/stunned after his death before regeneration, they will use that opportunity to seal him. If left alone after all Kakuzu's hearts are dead, he will eventually grow back all five of them again.

Lastly,

And pulling out Mifune from nowhere and having him on par with someone, who held off the three Sannin...sigh.

Sannin concurrently > Sannin as young adults,

so your perspectives of Hanzo being better than a samurai general, who hasn't demonstrated his abilities yet, by the way, have no credibility and justifications whatsoever.

Carnage
Thu, 03-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Lastly,

Sannin concurrently > Sannin as young adults,

so your perspectives of Hanzo being better than a samurai general, who hasn't demonstrated his abilities yet, by the way, have no credibility and justifications whatsoever.

Other than by the fact that his opponent is regarded by Jiraiya as extremely strong, even if he only beat 3 sannin when they were young. Jiraiya was in fact surprised when he learned that the leader of Akatsuki took him out all by himself. Nothing has lead us to believe that Mifune is anywhere near that powerful. Yes he is the leader of the iron nation and the samurai, but not all leaders are ridiculously powerful; the 4th Sand Lord had his ass handed to him by Orochimaru. Nothing has lead us to believe Mifune is as strong as a legendary title. But again, powerlevel scales are complete shit this arc. My ass Darui could handle two brothers who could compete against the 2nd Hokage.

rockmanj
Thu, 03-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Maybe its more of a standing on the shoulders of the ones that came before you type of thing. Remember, all of these shinobi were dead (probably form someone killing them in battle). Add to this the fact that the villages are working together, sharing information and such. I would think that would trump a lot of the advantages that these legendary ninja may have.

deadlydreamx
Thu, 03-03-2011, 04:28 PM
If kakuzu was summoned with all his 5 hearts why do they show him taking someones heart? I think he was summoned with his own heart and he just gathered 4 others.

enkoujin
Thu, 03-03-2011, 06:01 PM
If kakuzu was summoned with all his 5 hearts why do they show him taking someones heart? I think he was summoned with his own heart and he just gathered 4 others.

I'm assuming that the "regenerated" state is the state of the individual before their last battles were fought.

I apologize for any misunderstandings. I meant "right before" or "just before" instead of just before.

For example, if Sandaime could be revived, he would be revived in a physical state just before he fought Orochimaru at the stadium with an after-death mentality. This is applicable to Kakuzu, who would be revived with all of his five hearts in tact before he fought Shikamaru, Kakashi and Naruto.

Other than by the fact that his opponent is regarded by Jiraiya as extremely strong, even if he only beat 3 sannin when they were young. Jiraiya was in fact surprised when he learned that the leader of Akatsuki took him out all by himself. Nothing has lead us to believe that Mifune is anywhere near that powerful. Yes he is the leader of the iron nation and the samurai, but not all leaders are ridiculously powerful; the 4th Sand Lord had his ass handed to him by Orochimaru. Nothing has lead us to believe Mifune is as strong as a legendary title. But again, powerlevel scales are complete shit this arc. My ass Darui could handle two brothers who could compete against the 2nd Hokage.

I agree with some of your points. But maybe, I can shed some explanations of how Jiraiya compares his younger self with Hanzo through perspectives of reminiscence.

For example, if you can recall earlier in your life, there must have been a really hard test you couldn't do very well at the time (say, maybe a basic algebra quiz). However, if you could write the test right now after studying the same topic for years (like majoring in maths), it should not be as hard to do as it was before. This should prove applicable with years of training and fighting practiced by the three sannin.

Orochimaru never had access to his full arsenal of forbidden techniques, Tsunade never had top-notch healing abilities as she does now and Jiraiya might have been missing a few key signature techniques that we've seen up to this point when they had fought Hanzo. Not only that, there's also the fact that these three, as adults, did not have as much wisdom and experience as they do now, which is a key factor in deciding the winner of matches.

My opinion still stands. There is no way to tell who's better if we haven't seen both Hanzo and Mifune in actual battle.

einbreaker
Fri, 03-04-2011, 04:32 PM
The writing has seemed to pick up from the last two weeks, everything in this chapter seems to be making sense.

The reason Darui was able to beat kin+gin was pure luck for the first one, and tactical advantage for the second; he had both the sacred jar deal and team Shikamaru's help. If it resorted back to plain fisticuffs he would have continued to lose. Simply put Darui had a weaker hand but played his cards more effectively than the two brothers.

Although some may complain about it I rather like the idea that power-levels don't mean much in this series, from the start of the series kishimoto tried to apply the idea that battles aren't won by pure strength alone, although in recent chapters he seemed to renege on that idea. If he's going back to it I really don't see any reason to complain.

poopdeville
Fri, 03-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Mifune by name in japanese culture was a famous samurai right?

As far as I know, you're thinking of Toshiro Mifune, an actor who played a nameless samurai in a bunch of Kurosawa movies. The Mifune character kind of looks like Toshiro Mifune, but that might just be because samurai wore similar hair styles, etc.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oGdX0ZcXFNQX4BVSxXNyoA?ei=UTF-8&p=toshiro%20mifune&fr2=tab-web&fr=crmas