PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 529

Marik
Wed, 02-23-2011, 09:33 PM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x64p386pyd3db6o) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/twwygm) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/87520967/1)

SilentSnake
Wed, 02-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Nice to see Naruto again, even if only for a bit.

Thanks to Ino-Shika-Chou we get to see some more ninja tactics instead of powergaming, good chapter.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 02-23-2011, 10:47 PM
So there is some link between Naruto and Gin (or is it Kin?) using the Kyuubi chakra.

Now its time for Shikamaru to shine.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 02-24-2011, 12:35 AM
I dug this chapter
also, great to see naruto
antsy for next week.

I also really liked how they sealed they guy. That was some good writing I thought.

Tofu #2
Thu, 02-24-2011, 01:56 AM
forgot naruto was still charging his kamehameha

Also, gourd is OP

LunaticCat
Thu, 02-24-2011, 02:56 AM
can you buy some chakra-meat at the market?

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 02-24-2011, 06:09 AM
Oh sure all kinds of flavors of chakra meat. Come in and have a look!

DB_Hunter
Thu, 02-24-2011, 07:13 AM
That was a good chapter, and it has been a long time coming. More thinking and strategy please.

Patriot
Thu, 02-24-2011, 11:09 AM
They could have stretched that into a another chapter or two, seemed a bit forced. Funny how things they should stretch they don't and things they shouldn't they do...

Assertn
Thu, 02-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I feel like shikamaru's dad reaching to the kids was like Kishimoto trying to reach into his own story and bring on board some ninjas that can actually utilize some clever strategies. Even if it still involves another cheesy as hell artifact.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 02-24-2011, 02:01 PM
on one hand, I'm impressed that a tactical strategy has actually worked (even if this was the only time their combination attack managed something, very much like the spirit bomb), and a victory was achieved without turning this into crap.

on the other hand, of course, there's the question of why build up the brothers so much, (unless it was to hint us that Madare has access to another bloodline of the 6sage), and the general problem that this arc doesn't seem to go anywhere soon.

other than that, Ninja magic is kinda buggy for me now, especially when mixed with science fiction super technology. they have ninja mind links that travel super far distance (despite the fact that earlier we have seen them using standard radio communications), super tools that suck out souls, shoot lasers and rebuild themselves. and worst of all, now they have a teleporter. what's stopping them from sending a big ball of bombs (like Konan's 6billion swans) into another village?

MFauli
Thu, 02-24-2011, 02:07 PM
I literally could rage about every single page of this chapters. Kishimoto has officially given up. "Can send objects anywhere with the speed of light", "here´s the fifth mystical legendary item", ""chakra meat", "possibly descendants of rikudou sennin", "naruto feels a disturbance (of the force?!)", Darui keeping up with a multi-tails Jinchuuriki (he doesnt need sage mode or something like that, eh?), Shikaku talking to everyone exactly like Son Goku lol, and so on, and so on.

With each new piece of information, Kishimoto ruins this manga further.

poopdeville
Thu, 02-24-2011, 03:43 PM
I feel like shikamaru's dad reaching to the kids was like Kishimoto trying to reach into his own story and bring on board some ninjas that can actually utilize some clever strategies. Even if it still involves another cheesy as hell artifact.

I liked the chapter, and appreciate that the strategy was an effective surprise for the Kyuubi-eater, but the strategy was not clever. It was just a minor variation on what I-S-C have always done. Chouji starts off with a physical attack to distract the target. Shikamaru does the shadow bind to stop the target's movement. Ino does her mind swap. Didn't they try this plan on Hidan and again on Kakuzu? Naruto's usual plan of distracting the enemy with dozens/hundreds of clones doing taijutsu and then hitting the target with a rasengan is way better, even though we've seen it about 20 times now.

We better see Madara actually do something soon, or this arc really is going nowhere. Killing off a few Kages is a start. Tsunade and the Raikage need to go if Naruto is going to lead the international unified army to victory.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 02-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I liked this chapter for two reasons. It brought back some strategy to the mix of powers and magic, and I'm at a point in my manga reading life where I can suspend disbelief if there are enough good things to desperately cling to. I've made my piece quite some time ago with what this story has become. I dare not ever ask for a chapter better than this one.

Archangel
Thu, 02-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Not to sound overly negative... but this whole chapter was fucking retarded

MFauli
Thu, 02-24-2011, 06:31 PM

You sound rather positive to me :D

Archangel
Thu, 02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm not by any means a fan of the MFauli method of criticism but this time it just fit, i don't even feel like numerating all the idiotic aspects of the chapter since there were so many of them

Assertn
Thu, 02-24-2011, 08:13 PM
I liked the chapter, and appreciate that the strategy was an effective surprise for the Kyuubi-eater, but the strategy was not clever. It was just a minor variation on what I-S-C have always done. Chouji starts off with a physical attack to distract the target. Shikamaru does the shadow bind to stop the target's movement. Ino does her mind swap. Didn't they try this plan on Hidan and again on Kakuzu? Naruto's usual plan of distracting the enemy with dozens/hundreds of clones doing taijutsu and then hitting the target with a rasengan is way better, even though we've seen it about 20 times now.

Oh I'm not saying it hasn't been done before, but coupling the body swap with the artifact was still at least somewhat clever. I just think it's ridiculous that Shikamaru is the default go-to guy in the series any time a strategy that requires half a brain is necessary.

Archangel
Thu, 02-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Oh I'm not saying it hasn't been done before, but coupling the body swap with the artifact was still at least somewhat clever. I just think it's ridiculous that Shikamaru is the default go-to guy in the series any time a strategy that requires half a brain is necessary.

If anyone in the series could come up with simple stratagems then Kishimoto would have to rise the bar even higher every time Shikamaru sprung into action

And lets face it, this arc isn't well thought out, it's just fanservice. Hopefully though he'll use this time to work out the kinks on the plot that will soon follow.

Sam98034
Thu, 02-24-2011, 09:00 PM
I think Archangel is right. This Arc does just appear to be filler fanservice. Maybe the series is ending soon. There doesn't appear to be too much thought into it.
"Oh no! They have all the magic artifacts. What will we do?"
"It's impossible--but wait--aren't we forgetting the secret magic artifact?"
"Oh yeah, but how do we get it there?"
"Why don't we use plot device?"
"Cheers"

Showtimedr
Fri, 02-25-2011, 03:47 AM

This. Kishi clearly doesn't give a fuck anymore. This is filler for the manga. Can you imagine how painful this shit will be when it gets animated?

There really hasn't been much interesting that has happened since Naruto fought the 9 tails.

Shark man's death was cheap. The whole island thing is cheap. The war is so one sided and worthless since none of these fights matter at all. Theoretically Kabuto can resummon all these guys again since he has summonned Deidara twice. No big loss.

Nothing is worth a damn until either the kages or the beast hosts start fighting.

Showtimedr
Fri, 02-25-2011, 03:49 AM
And honestly I would rather see the previous ninja war compared to this b.s. The little perspective we got of the last war through Kakashi Gaiden was way more interesting than any of this 80's sitcom war bullshit.

EpyonNext
Mon, 02-28-2011, 11:11 PM
I just think it's ridiculous that Shikamaru is the default go-to guy in the series any time a strategy that requires half a brain is necessary.

It's because Shikamaru has a full brain. Double the chance of success.

Sam98034
Wed, 03-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Shikamaru has been known for the complicated ideas. But nearly everyone has shown some good strategies at times, from Jiraiya to Konohamaru. The only character that hasn't really used much in the way of strategy is probably Rock Lee, he just kicks ass, that is his strategy.