PDA

View Full Version : Fans launch 'Help Nathan Fillion Buy Firefly' movement

Penner
Mon, 02-21-2011, 04:23 PM
While this might not be about a current movie/tv show, i thought it was so awesome that it deserved a thread of it's own.

Help Nathan Fillion Buy Firefly (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/21/help-nathan-fillion-buy-firefly/) (Entertainment Weekly Article)

The odds of this actually happening are probably quite slim, but atleast there's a ever-so-tiny light at the end of the tunnel! ;D

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Maybe I'm the only one in the world who thinks so, but just leave the series where it is. Thirteen excellent episodes and a pretty damn good movie that resolved a lot of the hanging ends was enough for me. It ended well, and the best series are the ones that end in their prime, before they get weird, preachy, or stale.

I can't think of all that many series that got a years-later continuation and turned out well.

I loved Firefly to death when it was airing, but some things are better off left alone. I'm all for spin-offs though. The story of Serenity's crew has ended.

Assassin
Tue, 02-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Quite an interesting concept.....i see where ryl is coming from and in some ways i guess i agree. The odds are we'd get a corruption of the show rather then something of the same quality unless EVERYONE (and i do mean everyone) from the original cast and crew were back and dedicated.

I would however love to see a prequel or something of that sort.....something featuring Mal and Zoe, maybe Jane. Set perhaps after the war and before the series. Or maybe even something about the war and how Mal led his unit through it.

Y
Wed, 02-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Another "I Liked Firefly" internet petition to sign? Will wonders never cease. As someone pointed out on the SA Forums, not only would the rights to Firefly cost several hundred million dollars, which is well out of the range of Nathan Fillion's modest paychecks for network cop dramas, but Fox has no intention whatsoever of selling the property.