PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's day

Archangel
Mon, 02-14-2011, 04:27 PM
So I give my gf a bouquet and a box of heart shaped chocolates and she's almost crying of happiness. Can i have an amen for low expectations?

Anyone got any valentine stories, even if not from today?

David75
Mon, 02-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Well, love is to be renewed everyday, every hour, almost everysecond. It's as important as breathing, when you can freely share it.
Everyday is Valentine's day, when you share love. So chosing february 14 bears almost no meaning.
Your post lets me think you did play your role, your gf also did... but you feel there's something wrong doing so.

Valentine's day is even better, when right before coming back home, you suddenly want to suprise the one you love and think of something simple (or not) and share it. You might sometimes get mild reaction, after all it might have been a bad day for the other party, or get a nice reaction, or a great suprise. But when you have time, you can try a lot :D

Kraco
Mon, 02-14-2011, 05:30 PM
So I give my gf a bouquet and a box of heart shaped chocolates and she's almost crying of happiness. Can i have an amen for low expectations?

I'm sure she was almost crying of happiness because you were wearing a shirt when you gave the presents.

Archangel
Mon, 02-14-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm sure she was almost crying of happiness because you were wearing a shirt when you gave the presents.

Not for long! ;D

Waka waka

Animeniax
Mon, 02-14-2011, 09:20 PM
The alternator/power steering belt broke on my car, so I had to drive to and from school without power steering and without the battery charging most of the way. I barely made it home without battery power since these new model cars need battery power to run everything. I made it home, then spent an hour in traffic to buy new belts. Now I get to spend the next hour or so swapping the belts (I'm going to swap the AC belt too, even though it's not broken). Happy Valentine's day!!!

Lucifus
Mon, 02-14-2011, 09:54 PM
I got rear ended by a huge ass minivan with one b*tch of a bumper. And I'd just had my car repainted too. -_-
Happy Valentine's day!!!

rockmanj
Mon, 02-14-2011, 11:03 PM
I got rear ended by a huge ass minivan with one b*tch of a bumper. And I'd just had my car repainted too. -_-
Happy Valentine's day!!!

I hope the minivan bought you a drink afterward. It was just a normal day for me, since I don't go in for all that hullabaloo. I did see something kind of odd though. People with flowers and baguettes everywhere. I get the flowers, but why the baguettes?

Animeniax
Mon, 02-14-2011, 11:42 PM
I hope the minivan bought you a drink afterward. It was just a normal day for me, since I don't go in for all that hullabaloo. I did see something kind of odd though. People with flowers and baguettes everywhere. I get the flowers, but why the baguettes?

French-style valentine's maybe?

The repair on my car took about 20 minutes after it took an hour to get the parts. Car drives great again. It wasn't a completely sh*tty valentine's day.

David75
Tue, 02-15-2011, 12:42 AM
French baguettes?
No?
Are you kidding me?

Well, at least there's no alcohol as in wine and it does not stink like cheese, but it's still quite strange to get bread for Valentine's day.

Assertn
Tue, 02-15-2011, 03:09 AM
Applecare replaced my busted iphone for a brand new one for free today. Best valentines ever.

rockmanj
Tue, 02-15-2011, 09:12 AM
French baguettes?
No?
Are you kidding me?

Well, at least there's no alcohol as in wine and it does not stink like cheese, but it's still quite strange to get bread for Valentine's day.

I am not kidding you, sir. Everywhere I went, there were people carrying flowers and baguettes: the train, the store, and the street.

KitKat
Tue, 02-15-2011, 01:54 PM
I went to a really nice pot luck party last night and watched a 4-year-old beat everyone at the kinect dancing game. Crazy technology. I think I still prefer DDR.

XanBcoo
Tue, 02-15-2011, 04:39 PM
I have never been in a relationship on Valentine's Day before, so yesterday was going to be a new experience for me.

And then I caught a cold. She did take care of me and made me tea, though. So overall it was kind of romantic I guess. I think I'm really falling for this woman.