PDA

View Full Version : What is the title of this anime?

Artris
Fri, 02-11-2011, 01:37 AM
I vaguely remember an anime where this man had been revived after years of stasis (think it was a couple hundred) into a world that had been overrun by bug-like mutants. Turns out that it had something to do with a genetic experiment and the man may be directly involved.

The world consisted mostly of debris and the technology at the time I think was ballistics based. Lots of riding around in a jeep, a few tunnels. The people who woke him up were soldiers I think?

The color blue plays a prominent role.. title was something like Blue Blood or something. I can't remember. I think I saw about 2 episodes of it. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Worth watching the entire series?

Death13a
Fri, 02-11-2011, 01:48 AM
It's called Blue Gender
here is youtube link posted by funimation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZzdMtaTRms

Artris
Fri, 02-11-2011, 02:13 AM
Thanks, that is the title. Most of the reviews seem pretty good. Looks like it is worth watching.

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 12-06-2011, 04:05 AM
Dear fellowship of the Woot,

For the last couple of days I've been tumbling and struggling to find out a certain anime title from way back. Please help.
I'll try to describe what I remember from it.

I saw it as a preview on the VHS of Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie and it showed a bloody battle between a guy robot and an athletic female (somehow physically enhanced, possibly a vampire) near a pool. If I remember correctly it went down with the female dodging his gunfire and closing in to take the Robot's arm and her being somehow hit and vomiting blood. I think it was a movie released by Manga Entertainment.

That's actually it, I have nothing more. Share da skillz?

Toasts will be given.

DDBen
Tue, 12-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Well if I had to guess based on that information I'd have to go with Angel Cop.

Ryllharu
Tue, 12-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Well if I had to guess based on that information I'd have to go with Angel Cop.Even if that doesn't turn out to be it, it looks like that is a series that I definitely should not have missed out on.

Awesome (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVpwJbLLivU).

Sapphire
Tue, 12-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Where's the thread for this already?

Kraco
Tue, 12-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Looks like a winner show. Luckily BakaBT also has it.

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 12-07-2011, 03:24 AM
Hah! Thanks! Already downloaded it without knowing it was the one! Awesome, thanks!

Recently been on a hunt to watch 80's anime so I downloaded Angel Cop, Iria: Zeiram The Animation, Venus Wars, The Dagger of Kamui, Galaxy Express 999, Urusei Yatsura, Armored Trooper Votoms, Megazone 23, Space Battleship Yamato and Haibane Renmei. You know, to get my classics on. Not that I already have about 20 GB of unseen anime... There's just so... many.

Toast goes out to DDBen! Thanks again, mate!