PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 527

Marik
Thu, 02-10-2011, 04:11 AM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?czogs2m8ha2h4sb) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/e7p1e0) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/68770608/1)

Kenco
Thu, 02-10-2011, 04:29 AM
You're finished if you talk, Naruto would lose this battle in an instant. I couldn't help but feel that this was a bit lame.

Why did she get sucked up if she didn't say the word? Is there a time limit, did you have to think of it, or what?

darkshadow
Thu, 02-10-2011, 06:00 AM
So they basically wield the death god sealing power...did kishi just write up a deus ex machina?
Anyway not bad

"I'll do her first" made me lol though ;D.

Showtimedr
Thu, 02-10-2011, 06:09 AM
You're finished if you talk, Naruto would lose this battle in an instant. I couldn't help but feel that this was a bit lame.

Why did she get sucked up if she didn't say the word? Is there a time limit, did you have to think of it, or what?

Who cares. The dude thats left somehow knew Deidara's weakness eventhough only Sasuke knew.

Funny how Kabuto remembers to give all the "Legends of the past" that aren't named Sasori their entire arsenal. If Sasori had all his crazy stuff he would have owned the trap team hard.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 02-10-2011, 06:14 AM
I thought it was stupid when they introduced the five weapons of magic.

then they described the gouard and i just can't take this seriously anymore.

* 10. Chump
* 9. Chumpette
* 8. Yours
* 7. Up
* 6. Pimpmobile
* 5. Bite
* 4. My
* 3. Shiny
* 2. Daffodil
* 1. Ass

It's so stupid, Bleach does YYH, now Naruto Does YYH, and still, Togashi doesn't do HxH.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 02-10-2011, 06:37 AM
Well the answer is obvious.

Togashi is writing both Naruto and Bleach right now so he's obviously too busy to work on HxH.

animus
Thu, 02-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Naruto would get owned the instant he says Dattebayo, which would be the second he opens his mouth.

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Naruto would get owned the instant he says Dattebayo, which would be the second he opens his mouth.

I beg to differ. Naruto's catchphrase probably has become 'Sasuke' by now.

MFauli
Thu, 02-10-2011, 10:52 AM
wow, i just read up until the part where Samui explains these "4 of 5 treasures" that Gin- and Kintaku have.
BULLSHIT ALARM!
Wtf, seriously! So these random items are capable of what the 3rd and 4th sacrifificed themselves for, and that stupid banana blabla is a mobile Rinnegan!

sigh

Edit:

Lol, whats the original japanese text, when Samui tells Atsui to "cool down"? "Samui ni nare!" ? :D

Edit2:

Damn, chapter after chapter, Kishimoto makes me more angry with how he introduces random characters and techniques just like that, that could have had real potential if told as part of an elaborate story. This way, however, I just dont buy it. I dont buy that there´s two guys that survived being eaten by the Kyuubi, fought him as much as to make the most powerful bijuu (oh, pardon, that´s not true anymore...) throw up, and also have mystical weapons that work on words-plays. Bull-fucking-shit :/

Best part of the chapter: "I´ll do her first"

Carnage
Thu, 02-10-2011, 12:22 PM
This arc proves that Kishi has finally become bored of writing Naruto.

Assertn
Thu, 02-10-2011, 12:29 PM
So.... a person bearing the kyubi's chakra can wield these weapons....... eh? HOW CONVENIENT??
Kinda strange that they'd go to such lengths to describe these weapons, if they weren't meant to be taken by the good guys and used to seal up the remaining zombies or whatever, but this war will turn pretty gay quickly if Naruto runs around roping and slashing every zombie.

Obtaining the Kyubi's chakra by ravaging inside his stomach for 2 weeks. Seriously.

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah... each and every chapter this manga gets more and more dissapointing...

rockmanj
Thu, 02-10-2011, 01:10 PM

Does he still talk like that?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 02-10-2011, 01:36 PM
They don't seem too skilled, particularly with usual ninjutsu or taijutsu, so how would they have beaten the 2nd to within an inch of his life AND took on the Raikage at the same time? Cause so far all we've seen (mostly heard) about is their idiotic gimic "weapons". Obviously they must be skilled ninjas if they're notorious for taking on the Kage's but instead all we know is they like to play with magic fans, and shit that sounds like something a kid playing Harry Potter would come up with. This has to be the worst chapter of Naruto I've read. Even my top tier fanboydom is pissed off at this chapter.

I'm assuming they must be master class but instead of showing that to us kishi told us about it. Rule 1 of movies; dont talk about it, show it. Add that in with their poorly conceived backstory with the kyuubi. . . . and you got one big trashbag of a chapter. Filled with garbage writing especially the cop out reason trying to explain why they have super awesome mystical powers and using the kyuubi of all things bothers me more than if they had said anything else... They're from the cloud why wouldnt it be the 8tails?

Sucks cause Darui I think thats his name, the black lightning guy, is one of the more interesting recently introduced characters in the plethora of new ones he stands out.... but his screen times wasted on the brothers McFag. Lame.

toonice714
Thu, 02-10-2011, 06:02 PM
"Banana fan" Lol
This manga is officially as bad as bleach. I think the other mangakas are getting pissed that kubo isn't trying and are gonna just collectively say "....fuck it. I'm not gonna try if I can still get payed."
Well no use analyzing this or future chapters at all since it looks like it will just get worse. Let's just all hope and pray that One piece remains unscyathed

Psyke
Fri, 02-11-2011, 09:22 AM
There's some references from the Chinese mythological story of Journey to the West. I can't remember clearly but I seem to recall a monster which could seal people whenever they say their own name. The trick is of course, not to introduce yourself. And the "banana" fan is a direct translation from the Chinese name, which doesn't make any sense in any other languages. :p

rockmanj
Fri, 02-11-2011, 11:12 AM
There's some references from the Chinese mythological story of Journey to the West. I can't remember clearly but I seem to recall a monster which could seal people whenever they say their own name. The trick is of course, not to introduce yourself. And the "banana" fan is a direct translation from the Chinese name, which doesn't make any sense in any other languages. :p

I remember that seal as well. Hopefully the next chapter fleshes things out more, as it seems Kishi is just pulling legendary devices out of thin air. That would be like if in a western book, someone just happened to find Hermes' sandals and excalibur.

poopdeville
Fri, 02-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Kishi has always done that. We shouldn't really expect Orochimaru (with the Sword of Kusanagi) and Itachi (with the Totsuka Sword) to be the only characters with items that reference legendary items of Asian mythology. The guys Kabuto zombiefied are supposed to be the biggest badasses in history. If anybody is going to have legendary weapons, it's obviously them (unless they've been passed down, like the Seven Swords of the Mist were supposed to be).

And there are plenty of swords and weapons named "excalibur" in western fiction.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Orochimaru's (and by extent, Itachi and the 3rd) might have had weapons with legendary names, but it was different back then.

first of all, all of them were shown to be complete badasses before bringing out the weapon, so them having the monkey-king stick, or the sword of something, just made them seem more amazing. this time, the first thing we know about those guys is that they have special weapons, and it's probably the only worthwhile thing about them.
2nd thing, the Kusanagi sword was hardly a plot-point. the battle wasn't won by using a special weapon, sure, sealing Orochimaru was out-the-ass crap, but so was Orochimaru's revival, so it made sense.

how are they the biggest badasses in history? there isn't one zombie guy who was before the time of Madare. the 'great ninja war' was in the days of the first hokage, which is about 4,maybe five generations ago, 150 years ago at most. that's hardly 'in history'.

poopdeville
Fri, 02-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Orochimaru's (and by extent, Itachi and the 3rd) might have had weapons with legendary names, but it was different back then.

first of all, all of them were shown to be complete badasses before bringing out the weapon, so them having the monkey-king stick, or the sword of something, just made them seem more amazing. this time, the first thing we know about those guys is that they have special weapons, and it's probably the only worthwhile thing about them.
2nd thing, the Kusanagi sword was hardly a plot-point. the battle wasn't won by using a special weapon, sure, sealing Orochimaru was out-the-ass crap, but so was Orochimaru's revival, so it made sense.

These weapons are hardly plot points. They're gimmicks and references to Asian mythology, specifically to show that these are bad asses from history.

how are they the biggest badasses in history? there isn't one zombie guy who was before the time of Madare. the 'great ninja war' was in the days of the first hokage, which is about 4,maybe five generations ago, 150 years ago at most. that's hardly 'in history'.

So far I've seen...
Something like 10 Kages (the strongest people in their village at their peak)
A team of 6-7 people who unilaterally, but through guerilla-style ninja skill, took on every military force on the planet and captured 7 of the nine tailed beasts.
Etc.

The whole point behind Kabuto's technique was to raise the greatest ninjas in history from the dead and use them as tools... Isn't that obvious? If you look at it that way, it's only natural that they would have legendary weapons. Do you want Kishi to go into a bunch of back story for 50 awesome warriors from history, just so they seem like a threat? Boring. I'd rather they just fought and killed a bunch of people and died.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
These weapons are hardly plot points. They're gimmicks and references to Asian mythology, specifically to show that these are bad asses from history.

they win the fight through having special weapons, trampling over named (however unimportant) characters, it may not be a plot point, but it's not simply a guy calling his gun Sydny.

So far I've seen...
Something like 10 Kages (the strongest people in their village at their peak)
A team of 6-7 people who unilaterally, but through guerilla-style ninja skill, took on every military force on the planet and captured 7 of the nine tailed beasts.
Etc.

I wasn't questioning their 'badassery'. I was simply stating that all of them came from the same two hundred years period. I'd expect to see some guys from 300 years ago, even 500 or a 1000.
sure, I'd think it was stupid if Kabutoro was able to bring back guys he only heard about in legends, but that seems the case anyway.

MFauli
Fri, 02-11-2011, 03:53 PM
okay, the problem is NOT that these weapons are making some references to chinese mythology. The problem is that they´re overpowered, ridiculous and suck.

rockmanj
Fri, 02-11-2011, 04:19 PM
I mean, basically I am in agreement with DBZ. When we saw those older characters pull out the (for example) monkey king summon, or susano'o it was kind of established that they were badasses that could also wield incredible weapons. I am just griping for the sake of discussion, but it seems all these recent mega weapons and stuff are coming out the woodworks.

Also, with the older characters, their weapons or powers were associated with their names (Sarutobi=Monkey, Orochimaru= from the legends, etc.). I don't really know about these new guys, but I don't remember anything like them in the Journey to the west (although I might be wrong, as there were a lot of different demons in that story). And "excalibur" was a bad example; that has been beaten to death.

Jman
Sat, 02-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Obligatory
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5623/bananaphone.jpg (http://img577.imageshack.us/i/bananaphone.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Sam98034
Sun, 02-13-2011, 03:16 AM
I was just very dissapointed with this one. First Kishi brings everyone back to life, now these filler-like characters? Seriously? Whenever this comes out on the Anime, no one will believe these are cannon characters.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 02-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Since Kishi's kind of a plagiarist anyway, once he ran out of hxh material to steal from, he needed a new source. His filler writers seemed as good a source as any, and here we are.

poopdeville
Mon, 02-14-2011, 01:48 PM
It sure would be nice if that plagiarism had resulted in powers even 1/10th as cool as those in HxH or One Piece.

MFauli
Tue, 02-15-2011, 10:12 AM
man, I remember when powers in Naruto WERE cool. You know, when a Katon was something really great, and when "magic-like ninjutsu" was only for real special abilities, and most of the time they had to fight using their own body movement and tools. But it surely is easier to create "BOOM!"-scenes with all this overdone shit :/

Death BOO Z
Tue, 02-15-2011, 11:26 AM
It has to be a joke, you know? it's too similar not to be intentional.

back in YYH, the key word for activating 'TABOO' (the soul eating - non demon ability) was also 'atsui' - hot.

UChessmaster
Tue, 02-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Use mind switch technique on brothers, seal up all the zombies, problem Kabutoro?

Genma
Tue, 02-15-2011, 01:54 PM
but his screen times wasted on the brothers McFag.

That's probably the best name you could give to these villains.

I don't even know what to say about this chapter, other than it sucks.

Sam98034
Tue, 02-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Brothers McFag...ahaah. That is awesome. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Pause. No gay.