PDA

View Full Version : TV Survival Scorecard 2011

Penner
Tue, 02-08-2011, 04:37 PM
TV Survival Scorecard: Which shows will, or will not, return. (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/07/tv-scorecard-renewed-cancelled/)

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 02-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Big bang theory thru till 2014 is what stood out to me. Love the show but I'm almost tired of Raj and, whats his name, Harold I think. Their acting sits still and never gives you anything new. The other two are carrying this show to the top and that's pretty obvious. I think them being around someone who doesn't slide right into their perfect little dynamic could help refresh things. I know right now Penny holds that spot but her acting is wearing thin on me and I don't think there's much more for her to do. I thought the episode with Penny's superman boyfriend worked perfectly.

Munsu
Tue, 02-08-2011, 07:33 PM
These EW people are out of touch with reality or in the know how of how this business works. Other than the obvious choices, they're quite misinformed in quite a few.

Blue Bloods - Not a sure thing. It was a sure thing when it was on Fridays, since it's move to Wednesday the ratings are not looking to hold up to CBS standards.

The Defenders - That's completely done.

The Good Wife - Hardly a sure thing, it's one of CBS lowest rated drama shows.

Supernatural - could go either way? What? Unless the show runners have plans to make it it's final season, this show is not going anywhere. It's one of The CW's highest rated shows, and it airs on a Friday, quite hard to do for any show in any network.

The Rest of The CW Shows - None should be in "Strong Odds". All are quite near each other, other than Smallville, Supernatural, and The Vampire Diaries, that based on ratings alone would be easy renewals. Gossip Girl, is one of their lowest rated for example. But overall competition among all the shows is too close to separate one from the other. Nikita has the best of the bunch (after the top 3), but ratings haven't been stable after it's 6th episode or so.

Harry's Law - Faced real competition last night for the first time and it fell sharply, hardly "strong odds". (I'll forgive this one since the column was written yesterday, but they should edit it)

Shit My Dad Says - Hardly strong odds, considering that it's currently their lowest rated comedy. In a vaccuum, the numbers should be good enough, but not against the rest of the slate of CBS comedies.

No Ordinary Family - Dead and Burned

Off the Map - Danger Zone

Fringe - Danger Zone (last Friday had bad ratings, but may be due to Superbowl Commercials Special, we'll see)