PDA

View Full Version : .hack//QUANTUM

RyougaZell
Mon, 02-07-2011, 02:48 PM
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8316/54665.jpg

.hack//QUANTUM

The newest entry on the .hack series arrives in the form of .hack//QUANTUM. The story takes place on the year 2020 in the latest revision of 'The World - R:X' sometime after the events of .hack//LINK end.

The plot centers on three girls:
Asumi Aida - Roleplaying as Sakuya (a female Kite)
Eri Etou - Roleplaying as Mary (a BlackRose)
Iori Ikuta - Roleplaying as Tobias (a female Balmung)

On their adventures the three girls discover that... The World isn't just a game.

Subbed by Fnolli

OVA 01 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=192283)

.hack//QUANTUM will be told through three OVA released on the following dates:
Episode 1: January 28th, 2011
Episode 2: February 25th 2011
Episode 3:March 25th, 2011

As usual with the .hack franchise, the OVA series will be accompanied by a Novel and Manga counterparts (no information about alternate stories, different plot or whatever may take place on this two formats)

MFauli
Mon, 02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
So, futanari? :/

Archangel
Mon, 02-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Why is the dude a chick?

RyougaZell
Tue, 02-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Why is the dude a chick?

Cause its one of the five 'users' to hold the avatar of Kite. Two are male, two are female and one is an Artificial Intelligence.

Archangel
Tue, 02-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Cause its one of the five 'users' to hold the avatar of Kite. Two are male, two are female and one is an Artificial Intelligence.
So i guess there's no point in watching this if you haven't played the games right? Because i have no idea what I'm reading right now.

RyougaZell
Tue, 02-15-2011, 06:21 PM
So i guess there's no point in watching this if you haven't played the games right? Because i have no idea what I'm reading right now.

Its an standalone product. You can watch it without knowing about the games. There may be references here and there that won't affect the 'watchability' of the OAV series, but would make the experience richier. Go watch it.

RyougaZell
Sat, 03-12-2011, 12:56 PM
.hack//QUANTUM OVA 02 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=199504)

animus
Sat, 03-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Man, I have no idea what's going on.

RyougaZell
Sun, 03-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Man, I have no idea what's going on.

Because you haven't watched previous .hack projects or because of Quantum itself?

I've watched/read/played most of them so if I can help do ask...

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-26-2011, 09:18 PM
The last OVA

Quantum 03 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=209509)

animus
Wed, 04-27-2011, 12:34 AM
I'm confused with the storyline. So that police lady is Aina (Ovan's sister in GU)? And why was Hermit attracted to Sakuya? Was she the one he was searching a donor for?

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-27-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm confused with the storyline. So that police lady is Aina (Ovan's sister in GU)? And why was Hermit attracted to Sakuya? Was she the one he was searching a donor for?

*Disclaimer: This paragraph assumes you've seen OVA 02*
Actually... the 'police lady' is actually Reiko Saeki... the sister of Jun Basnyoya (the guy that freed the Epitaph Factors unto the net before CC Corp silenced him). She used to be Ender (in Roots) and Pi (in Roots, GU and LINK). She simply made a new avatar resembling Aina and even kept her Avatar factor of Tarvos (as she used it to Data Drain in Ova 2)

*Disclaimer: This following paragraphs assumes you've seen OVA 03*
Hermit was looking a donor for himself. His mind was 'trapped' within the net. As Shamrock/Reiko explains at the end... the kid was dying... so his dad arranged for his body to be cryogenized (spelling?) and his mind entered into the 'mind prison' while they found a cure or donor. He probably had a very rare disease since its been seven years since that happened.

Someone, behind the scenes, freed Hermit's soul unto The World (this will probably be explained in the Quantum+ manga or the Quantum Novel). Sakuya/Asumi was in fact a compatible donor for Hermit's real self. Though due to a misinformation, everybody thought Hermit was really dead... so the kid went berserk. Upon finding he was alive, Sakuya signed up to be a donor... but she can't donate anything (whatever they needed) until she is of age... so Hermit needs to wait a bit more.

The only returning characters, from previous .hack, are IYOTEN, Asta and Reiko (though with a new Player Character in the form of Shamrock).