PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 613

Marik
Wed, 02-02-2011, 10:00 AM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ox9ed87ld9jcxsk) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/fsk8gq) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/90932202/1)

Tofu #2
Wed, 02-02-2011, 11:37 AM
not really feeling the designs of hodi & vander decken
but this confirms fishmen can eat devil fruits

what was up with the glove thing when the 2 shook hands?

Archangel
Wed, 02-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Mermaid princess confirmed for moe, Oda style.

This arc is shaping up to become just as everyone predicted, a few new powerful villains show up to be absolutely ravaged in a show of the Straw Hats' new power. Even the weakest members of the crew stood like giants before the fishman guards, and lets not forget even for fooder they're supposedly much stronger than the average human.

UChessmaster
Wed, 02-02-2011, 01:25 PM
not really feeling the designs of hodi & vander decken
but this confirms fishmen can eat devil fruits

what was up with the glove thing when the 2 shook hands?

He has trouble shaking hands because he only has two fingers and those things around his fingers make it more difficult as well.

Carnage
Wed, 02-02-2011, 01:30 PM
I thought he couldn't shake hands outside his bubble because he doesnt want to touch seawater (his DF), but his wrist was also in the water so I suppose that doesn't make much sense?

Archangel
Wed, 02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
It's Oda, there has to be some meaning behind it.

toonice714
Wed, 02-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Maybe his fruit power is like bon clay's in the sense that if he right hand touches you, you become a target. Also luffy has the haki for sensing attacks! I was thinking it would be extremely useful in this terrain considering the coral and potentially dark parts of the sea would provide excellent hiding spots for fishmen. I bet some of them might also have ink moves depending on what kind of fishmen they are. I'm curious if deken has the ability to be in the sea though....gotta go back and check if he was in a bubble.

Zoro is a badass.....that is all

toonice714
Wed, 02-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Well only half of decken's body is in the bubble. Maybe being a fishman let's half of your body become vulnerable to the sea. That would then raise some questions like: why don't more fishmen/mermen eat DFS? Does the type of DF matter(like paramecia and zoans vs paramecia and logia that changes your whole body)?

Carnage
Wed, 02-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I read that in Medieval times, shaking hands while wearing a glove is a sign of betrayal.

animus
Wed, 02-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Maybe whatever he touches with his bare hands will prompt him to throw that object?

Assertn
Wed, 02-02-2011, 05:15 PM
I love that Oda actually gave a fishman a devils fruit. That's genius.
The bubble thing, I dunno... Luffy had a bubble that only surrounded his upper half, and then his legs were just coated otherwise, maybe it's just a design oversight. If a fishman with a devil's fruit is exposed to sea water, what happens, exactly? Do they just sink to the ocean floor and lay there motionless? Can they still breathe?

A lot of the sets in this arc is kind of confusing. It's hard to tell half the time whether they're underwater or not. Neptune looks like he's floating around, but obviously the strawhats shouldn't be able to just stand there if the palace was filled with water.

Carnage
Wed, 02-02-2011, 06:05 PM
A lot of the sets in this arc is kind of confusing. It's hard to tell half the time whether they're underwater or not. Neptune looks like he's floating around, but obviously the strawhats shouldn't be able to just stand there if the palace was filled with water.

I can usually tell by the air bubbles in the background that come from the characters breathing. It is kind of confusing, you can see the air bubbles in the background of the panels when their in the palace, but it doesnt make sense how the strawhats can breathe.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/90932202/16

Assertn
Wed, 02-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I was thinking that too in the princess's room, but then I noticed the shark was partially in a bubble, so that justifies him floating around the room, I guess... The seahorse guy seems to have no problem hovering around the palace, though.

If Neptune was smart, he'd rig his castle to flood with water as a defense against any surface-dwellers that attack.

toonice714
Thu, 02-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Well I wonder what the deal is with the rest of his crew and ship. The ship isn't coated except for one portion
here http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/90932202/3
Ok so when those no names get owned by hodi jones their ship was coated but then when he was done with them they put them in a bubble to float them back to the surface. When they left their base the were underwater, so it looks like jones' crew can all remain under water coating and bubble free but decken's crew might have some fruit users seeing as how a portion of his ship is coated. It looks like hodi's crew doesn't require a ship that needs a coating.

Assertn
Thu, 02-03-2011, 04:14 AM
Of course Hodi's crew doesn't need a coating. They're fishmen.
I imagine the bubble is strictly for Van DerDecken.

Destrado
Thu, 02-03-2011, 10:15 AM
I love how everyone is batshit crazy. Decken, Hodi... Plus, Usopp, Nami and Brooke looked really cool (and Brooke was scary, drawing his sword).

About Decken's hands... I thought he was just making "scissors" with his fingers, kinda like a rapper. Probably like toonice said, there's something DF-related.

I'll be disappointed if the predicted war was actually because the Fishmen attacked the Straw Hats.

UChessmaster
Thu, 02-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Of course Hodi's crew doesn't need a coating. They're fishmen.
I imagine the bubble is strictly for Van DerDecken.

I don`t get it, why would Decken need a bubble? he`s a fishman too.

toonice714
Thu, 02-03-2011, 11:19 AM
I thought the coating wasn't so much for the crew to breathe under water but also for the ship to be able to make the journey to fishmen island.otherwise they would've ended up at marjorea(sp?). The whole reason for the coating was to avoid that so I just assumed all ships under the sea needed coating to stay under. If the fishmen don't need coating on their ships what is so different about their vessels that allows them to avoid that process. B/c it was stated that the underwater pressure would break the 1000 sunny go.

Assertn
Thu, 02-03-2011, 12:19 PM
I don`t get it, why would Decken need a bubble? he`s a fishman too.
The same reason Decken is in a bubble in the last page. Even though he can breathe in water, he still gets paralyzed due to the devil fruit power.

I thought the coating wasn't so much for the crew to breathe under water but also for the ship to be able to make the journey to fishmen island.otherwise they would've ended up at marjorea(sp?). The whole reason for the coating was to avoid that so I just assumed all ships under the sea needed coating to stay under. If the fishmen don't need coating on their ships what is so different about their vessels that allows them to avoid that process. B/c it was stated that the underwater pressure would break the 1000 sunny go.
Eh, well, the faux-science of One Piece is arguable, but if I could propose a reason why something would collapse under the water pressure, I could suggest it's due to the oxygen contained within the vessel. The reason people die from submerging too fast is because the air in their tanks get compressed due to the water pressure. Since the ship (and their submarine, for that matter) has air for the pirates to breathe, that air can become a vacuum that causes the ship to cave in on itself. The Flying Dutchess is hardly a sealed vessel, as evident by holes all in the hull of the ship. It's basically just pieces of wood drifting along the ocean floor.

toonice714
Thu, 02-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Well I guess that's good enough for me. it is after all a world full of pirates and strange powers. I think I can suspend my disbelief on something a simple as a bubble being necessary for a ship to move the story along. It is my favorite manga right now b/c of the fluid and interesting story. Also its not crazy repetitive.
Hopefully the explination on decken's fruit ability and his fishmen body might give us some insight on how inanimate objects can absorb DFs. That will be cool to have some theories on that

poopdeville
Thu, 02-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Still, it does kind of suck that One Piece is slowly becoming more inconsistent in its "science". One Piece was once one of the most "realistic" shonen manga, at least as far as it had a consistent set of laws, realistic relations between characters (for example, the Straw Hats are like one big family), interesting/realistic politics, even realistic sexual themes. It was like a cool Pirate-themed steampunk sci-fi -- I guess it still is, but I feel like the Whitebeard War saga derailed those themes (despite the themes being prominent leading up to the war), and they still haven't been picked up again.

Prediction: van der Decken will throw an enormous axe at the princess. Luffy will deflect it, and it will end up cutting the mangrove roots that give Fishman Island its light.

Assertn
Thu, 02-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Still, it does kind of suck that One Piece is slowly becoming more inconsistent in its "science". One Piece was once one of the most "realistic" shonen manga, at least as far as it had a consistent set of laws, realistic relations between characters (for example, the Straw Hats are like one big family), interesting/realistic politics, even realistic sexual themes.

I don't see how this arc is any different in its science than Skypeia...

Rasiel
Fri, 02-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Do you guys think that luffy will destroy the island by randomly bouncing axes into structures?

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 02-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Is it just me or does this arc seem like weak sauce? I could never doubt the power of oda and if anything the Shabody archipelago started off similarly weak as well with the straw hats trashing the flying fish riders.

I'm just waiting for Oda's big reveal, I mean Dekken and Hodi seem like they could easily be taken out by the buffed up strawhats.

Maybe all this commotion will attract the attention of Big Momma. Also am I the only excited about the new cover art series? Hope oda uses it as a way to show us all the developments that happened in the 2 year time jump.

UChessmaster
Fri, 02-04-2011, 01:14 PM
I don`t think so, one pieces arcs usually take a lot of time to set up, especially the ones with different technology such as skypea and this island. Just be patient.

FireEmblem
Sat, 02-05-2011, 02:53 PM
I am enjoying this arc so far.

rockmanj
Sat, 02-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Its still pretty interesting to me. I think all this is just build-up.