PDA

View Full Version : TV: Being Human (US)

Munsu
Fri, 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8419/beinghumansyfycastkitch.jpg

Taking the idea of a UK series... haven't watched it yet, but it seems like it's doing well so far.

It premiered on Tuesday, @ 9pm EST on SyFy. It stars Sam Witwer (Doomsday on Smallville), Meaghan Rath (Don't Know Who the Fuck She Is), and Sam Huntington (Jimmy on Superman Returns).

Any of you tried it yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16f43yWMI8s

Being Human is a re-imagining of the acclaimed BBC original series that follows three 20-something roommates: A ghost, a vampire and a werewolf who are struggling to keep their dark secrets from the world, while also helping each other navigate the complexities of living double lives.

"Being Human is a smart, contemporary, young and imaginative series that reflects Syfy's new brand positioning. We are very excited to adapt this for an American audience and bring it into Syfy's family of programming," said Dave Howe, President, Syfy.

The series will star Sam Witwer (Smallville, Battlestar Galactica), Meaghan Rath (The Assistants), Sam Huntington (Cavemen, Superman Returns) and Mark Pellegrino (Lost, Supernatural).

Rounding out the creative team is Adam Kane (The Mentalist, Heroes) as director and co-executive producer, with executive producer Michael Prupas (The Kennedys, Pillars of the Earth) alongside husband and wife executive producers/writers Jeremy Carver (Supernatural) and Anna Fricke (Men in Trees, Everwood).
Muse Entertainment will be producing 13 compelling 1-hour episodes for Syfy.

http://www.syfy.com/beinghuman

darkshadow
Fri, 01-21-2011, 03:34 PM
I kinda thought of this concept a few years ago, nice to see someone actually made something similar.
I really liked the first ep, with the opening narration I thought it was going to be comedy centered, luckily it isn't. I do despise the daywalking vampire thing, but I guess you can't have it all.

TwisT
Sun, 01-23-2011, 11:23 AM
The cop in the background of the picture, is that the vessel the Devil used in Supernatural? He made quite the impression on my in that role. And will he be a regular?

Never liked the Doomsday actor (Sam Witwer) much but that might be because i disliked the human side of Doomsday. Don't really remember if i had any beef with the acting. I'm always a fan of things with vampires or any other kind of supernatural stuff, so i guess i will try it out.

Munsu
Sun, 01-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Yep, that's him... he's from Dexter and LOST. He seems to have had a shitload of roles since forever.

TwisT
Sun, 01-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh yea i remember placing him when i saw him on Supernatural but completely forgot about it now. BTW watched the first episode and liked it.

He will have a regular role since he is the head vampire. Sam Witwer did a very good role. Glad to see his Doomsday character didn't ruin how i feel about him. But then again i didn't hate Kristin Kreuk when she appeared on Chuck. I think Sam actually does the best performance as i didn't really feel any awkwardness from him. I can get that feeling from time to time i vampire shows. Like when Bill in True blood bears his fangs and try to be threatening or have a standoff with Eric and they both bear their fangs. That is usually awkward.

All in all, i liked it and will continue watching this. Don't know if it will be awesome but it's definitely worthy of my time.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 01-23-2011, 11:12 PM
I caught the first episode. I enjoyed it. I havent seen the original BBC version and probably never will.

I think Sam Witwer did a good job as did huntington. The girl I think use to act on that Canadian TV show on YTV called "15/Love" or something.

Munsu
Mon, 01-31-2011, 07:48 PM
Watched the first two episodes, and liked them. Main problem at the moment for me is all the time spent on the "I'm having internal conflict at the moment" faces they make. It's like 70% of the whole show so far.

I got the first episode of the UK version, don't know if I'm going to bother with it. I think I'm going to delete it and avoid the temptation on what is obviously a bad idea.

Third episode airs tonight if not mistaken.

Shadow Skill
Mon, 01-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Yes but how many anime have we watched where they went 25 episodes with internal comflicts and loved it, then on the 26th episode the protaganist decides to accept what he/she is and then unlocks a powerup and boom, everyone is happy. :P

I share the same feelings here. I hope they don't make it last longer than needed and move on to some good story telling for the actors.

A lot of emotional scenes though. Best transformation from normal to Vampire and normal to werewolf that I have seen in a TV series. I'm hoping it lasts 5-7 seasons.

With smallville ending this spring, this would make a good replacement. :)

Munsu
Mon, 01-31-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't mind internal conflicts, I mind the scenes where we see nothing but a face closeup with a bit of music in the background.

darkshadow
Sun, 02-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Liking it so far, meaghan rath is such a babe >_>

Munsu
Mon, 02-14-2011, 12:36 PM
You think? I don't think she's hot at all, and I hate her in the show.

Really enjoyed the latest episode with the new werewolf causing trouble. It had some nice action too.

darkshadow
Mon, 02-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Yeah I think she's really attractive >_>.
The latest ep was indeed good, seems the redhead won't live much longer. I also liked that they kinda "adressed" the vampires daywalker ability so to speak, that was continuesly bugging me.

Munsu
Mon, 02-14-2011, 06:05 PM
What was the explanation, I don't recall it at the moment? Something about adaptation or evolving?

darkshadow
Mon, 02-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah something like that, he didn't know the real explanation, according to him "they just kinda evolved".
I'm just glad they gave some kind of explanation.

Matthewop
Fri, 02-18-2011, 12:49 AM
it is one of my favorite tv shows. actually this show is my favorite vampire tv series.. it is awesome!

Munsu
Fri, 03-18-2011, 12:16 PM
I fell behind the series, but it's been renewed for a second season.

darkshadow
Sun, 04-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Finally caught up.

Ep9 was pretty harsh, with the boy and all, but I really like that that the show doesn't "wuss out" on moments like that.
I also liked the flashbacks that showed how aiden and bishop were pretty much opposites compared to their present day versions. Ep11 has been my favorite so far, the progression, the deaths, the werewolf baby thing, and a dash of horror with sally's exorcism.

Shadow Skill
Mon, 04-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Wow... I liked how they ended this season. Looks like the English version of Being Human is going to air on Space Channel now.

Looks like I have to wait till next season to find out who "Her" is. :(

kyubisrage
Sun, 04-17-2011, 04:06 AM
Great finale to a great show. Can't wait until season 2! Who thinks that Nora is for sure infected with the werewolf? he wasn't really transformed....

Also any idea when season 2 starts?

darkshadow
Wed, 02-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Is anyone still watching this?
Just watched the latest ep and loved the ending, aidan doesn't fuck around. I wonder what will happen to sally though..

TwisT
Thu, 03-01-2012, 05:52 AM
Yea the ending was awesome. Aidan kicked ass. It's to bad Nora is going mental though. And poor Cecilia. Puppy chow for four werewolfs.

darkshadow
Thu, 03-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah, though I find it odd that they managed to capture her in the first place...so far the wolves haven't shown any feats of strength/speed when they weren't wolves...

gos27
Fri, 03-16-2012, 01:47 PM
How many episodes of this are there? I can only find up to episode 9 on season 2. But imdb says there are 13 eps in the 2nd series as well as a third series? Can anyone shed any light on this? :p

darkshadow
Fri, 03-16-2012, 10:42 PM
(US) is not the same as (UK) (obviously)..

gos27
Sat, 03-17-2012, 07:17 AM
I am aware of that yes. I'm watching the US one, and I searched the US one on IMDB, and as I said before it said there are 3 seasons, and on season 2 it says there are 13 episodes but I can only find 9. Do you need me to rephrase that so you understand or is that ok?

Anyway I realised that these are still being released, thought it had been finished. Next episode is out on the 26th of March apparently.

darkshadow
Sat, 03-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Lol so much sneaky hostility in that sentence; you don't have to try and remain civil or pull your punches when it comes to me, cause I don't give a fuck.
Anyway I assumed it was common knowledge that places like IMDB always list upcoming episodes and renewed seasons if they are known, so if all you were finding was ep9 I assumed you were looking at (UK) on IMDB cause "all you can find" is generally all there is; the date the release/torrent was added should've also been a huge indication.

gos27
Sun, 03-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Well the fact you were trying to be smart in the first post you replied to me by saying "(US) is not the same as (UK) (obviously).. ". I gave you a more expanded explanation as to what was wrong. You could have tried to be more helpful or just not said anything at all instead of trying to make me out to be an idiot by thinking I got the 2 mixed up. If you respond like an ass I'm obviously going to do the same back, I don't take shit like that.

darkshadow
Sun, 03-18-2012, 12:12 PM
I wasn't trying to be "smart" rofl; if you actually read the second paragraph of my last post you would've understood that.

darkshadow
Tue, 03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Last few eps were great.
The effect of wolf blood on vampires was cool to see, same with the whole "uninvited" thing, hadn't seen that been done before.
Also purple sally was hotter than a supernova; Sally should be super powerful now though.

kyubisrage
Sun, 03-25-2012, 02:15 AM
Last few eps were great.
The effect of wolf blood on vampires was cool to see, same with the whole "uninvited" thing, hadn't seen that been done before.
Also purple sally was hotter than a supernova; Sally should be super powerful now though.

How exactly did she get a power up ???

darkshadow
Wed, 04-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Just watched ep12 and that ending was pretty fucked up...also Surin is a bitch...

kyubisrage
Sun, 04-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Just watched ep12 and that ending was pretty fucked up...also Surin is a bitch...

Wtf was that man.. Very fucked up ending... Also I think surin booked or to save aidan

darkshadow
Fri, 02-22-2013, 10:37 PM
I was totally unaware season 3 started up again, but I caught up and it's been good so far; I really like the addition of the witch, such a nasty character. It's so obvious sally is just playing into her hands.