PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 524

Marik
Thu, 01-20-2011, 04:57 PM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3lxea4hhh73gsfr) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/py2fpi) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/73516072/1)

poopdeville
Thu, 01-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Haha at having to write out "smile" to show that Kakashi is smiling.

Why did Kishi even ask "Who is this person that Gaara detected" when they guy just told us he's Muu, the Second Tsuchikage?

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-20-2011, 05:19 PM
You know what is sad? That Kishimoto can make all this amazing characters and don't take advantage of them because 90% of the plot is centered on Naruto's wet dreams of Sasuke. I would have preferred to have a manga with hundreds of fight against all these great ninjas, one by one or in group, instead of a massive war with zombies where each character will get only a few panels. I mean... the focus is shifting to Gaara now, so we'll probably won't see the outcome of the rest of the 7 Swordsmen.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 01-20-2011, 06:32 PM
yeah. I don't care.
this whole ninja battlewar arc is stupid, because it doesn't matter one bit.
call me when Naruto\Sasuke\Sakura does something, or when the plot moves forward. do we really need to see any new ninja fighting a new ninja, both of them are completely anonymous to us?

Archangel
Thu, 01-20-2011, 06:53 PM
yeah. I don't care.
this whole ninja battlewar arc is stupid, because it doesn't matter one bit.
call me when Naruto\Sasuke\Sakura does something, or when the plot moves forward. do we really need to see any new ninja fighting a new ninja, both of them are completely anonymous to us?

>Sakura
>Plot

Choose one

Anyway I would probably consider this a good chapter if it wasn't my second time reading it, the whole Haku/Zabuza love affair really should have been left alone as the nostalgia masterpiece that it was.

Showtimedr
Thu, 01-20-2011, 07:05 PM
First battle with the ambush teams

Akatsuki loses Deidara (Who is awesome i.m.o) and Sasori while the ninja alliance loses a few scrub ninjas

Second battle Akatsuki loses Haku, Zabuza while the ninja alliance loses a few more scrub ninjas

I expect the 3rd battle to go the same. Gaara is pretty unstoppable no matter how strong this zombie ninja crap may be.

First two chapters will be Kishi pumping how bad ass the bad guys are. 3rd chapter will be Gaara and whoever else whipping their ass while having some cheesy 80's wrap up with emotions and feelings.

I assume after that each of the generals will get their own time.

Then Akatsuki will say something like "Just as we planned" and blow up some more scrub ninja and some semi minor ninja.

I miss the good old days when Pein would show up and people would die.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 01-20-2011, 07:51 PM
>Sakura
>Plot

Choose one

Sakura still has a plot line to complete. we need to get to the final battle of Naruto vs Sasuke with Sakura as the heart.
the rest of the guys don't matter anymore. not Hinata, not Tsunade, not even Kakashi (who's been dead ever since Payne killed him), heck, even Kabutoro isn't really important anymore.

the manga needs to run it's course already, kill Madera, have his position taken over by Sasuke, have sakura play Yuria's part or something, and then Naruto beat the friendship into Sasuke. end of story.
next time you write a manga, Kishimonto, make sure to get rid of at least half the characters you've named in the previous arc.

UChessmaster
Thu, 01-20-2011, 08:25 PM
I miss the good old days when Pein would show up and people would die.

And then come back.

Tofu #2
Thu, 01-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Can someone explain what even happened this chapter?

Why didn't Haku regenerate?
What happened on page 12? Is there a significance to the ice mirror?

animus
Thu, 01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Maybe that's Danzou. SHRUG, I DON'T KNOW GODDAMNIT.

UChessmaster
Thu, 01-20-2011, 09:51 PM
I honestly didn`t bothered understanding what was going on, i just kept reading as i thought "i bet it`ll make sense in the Anime".

Showtimedr
Thu, 01-20-2011, 11:02 PM
And then come back.

Zombie Jaraiya will complete the circle.

Still gotta say

Jiraya, Kakashi, Sage Frog, Hinata, a nice list of destruction.

Too bad Naruto emoness got to him.

Destrado
Thu, 01-20-2011, 11:29 PM
The last chapter ended with impending doom for Kakashi, and all he had to do this chapter was to step back! Awesome, Kishi, and you had me thinking one of your characters was in mortal peril. Bad Deus Ex Machina is bad, I guess. I should be thankful Kakashi didn't turn into a log, though.

I guess Oda was just capitalizing on Zabuza's arc finale to bring (somewhat cheapishly) some more "emotion" to the Ninja War.

FireEmblem
Fri, 01-21-2011, 03:21 AM
Stop bitching.

Assertn
Fri, 01-21-2011, 03:46 AM
Can someone explain what even happened this chapter?

Why didn't Haku regenerate?
What happened on page 12? Is there a significance to the ice mirror?
Haku didn't have time to regenerate.

What don't you get about page 12? Kakashi had a flashback and says he wants to preserve the memory of Zabuza's and Haku's deaths, and Kabutoro is annoyed that they got defeated.

The ice mirror and sword over Haku were meant to provide symbolism. Blood falls from the sword onto Haku's cheek, to make it look as if Haku was crying, the same way it did the first time he died. The blood on the ice mirror was aligned with Zabuza's reflection such that it looked like Zabuza was crying, the same way it did when he was moved by Naruto's dialogue.

Edit: I actually felt this chapter made up for the way Kishimoto recklessly brought Zabuza and Haku back. It was as if Kakashi was taking the side of the readers when he showed his disapproval of ruining the moment captured in the end of the first arc.

Destrado
Fri, 01-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Stop bitching.

Sure thing, soon as Kishimoto stops pulling crap.

Genma
Fri, 01-21-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm really not enjoying this arc at all.

I remember in my junior year of high school (nearly six years ago now), when I first started watching the Naruto anime, my friends and I were all walking home from school together. They'd caught up with all the episodes are were discussing them, and I got frustrated because I just started the series.

I guess my friend thought it would be funny to make up an episode, and he was like: "Yeah dude, remember when Zabuza came back? As a clone? That episode was amazing."(I also vaguely remember him saying it revolved around water, which is weird because Suigetsu hadn't even been brought into the manga yet). My first reaction was: "That's retarded."

To my knowledge there is no such episode (if there is, enlighten me?), so I was relieved when I caught up to them and saw no such thing. Now, 6 years later...

6 years later.... you pull this, Kishimoto.

... Thanks a lot, douchebag.

Sam98034
Sat, 01-22-2011, 03:38 AM
Yeah, Kishi is just dumb. We so all need to be reading Bleach. Let's hear it for Kubo. Ya! He's the best.

Anyway, maybe Kishi is just trying to:
A. Not introduce any new characters, there are too many already.
B. Not have a whole bunch of no names fighting each other.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 01-22-2011, 10:53 AM
I've read a few manga in my life by now. Always within certain genres that I'm into, usually with a certain level of popularity. Some things I've abandoned if they turned to shit early enough, such as bleach, others are still going and I continue to follow, while others still I've stuck with until the end, with varying degrees of satisfaction. I say all this to provide a framework for the following statement:

This is the worst shit I've ever read.

FireEmblem
Sat, 01-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Sure thing, soon as Kishimoto stops pulling crap.

That will probably never happen.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 01-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Quick question... why does Kakashi have his MS activated? Surely having that on is just killing his chakra reserves for no reason and he's talking of going on a rampage?

Archangel
Sat, 01-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Have you forgotten how a normal Sharingan looks? It would be understandable, it's been a while.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 01-22-2011, 04:32 PM
lol my bad, you're right.

Sam98034
Sun, 01-23-2011, 03:03 AM
I would say Kishi wanted this big war arc that was super cool, but he failed. For a war arc like this, what you need is "big picture" tactical stuff between the two sides, not necessarily these small little skirmishes. I think the manga Ares does a much better job of blending war tactics and small individual encounters. Kishi has not done much so far to make it look like either side is using that much in the way of strategy.

He wanted to make this arc awesome and was naive in thinking that it would be that way if he just put all the most awesome characters in via magical resurrections that include personality. He needed to make actual battles where one side would lose, retreat, regroup, revise tactics, and try again. Make it more like a war, not just spam us with characters that are cool.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 01-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Actually, yes, that would've been compelling. This kind of blatantly shows one particular limitation of his as a writer. He would've been much better off doing some preparation not just on what some of the war tactics and strategies are, but also do some reasearch on how to deliver the those tactics and strategies in a story telling format. I've been so down on the manga lately that I keep forgetting, this could've been good.

Destrado
Sun, 01-23-2011, 09:52 PM
I was expecting something far more interesting when they started this war, what with the army divisions, commanders, et al. So far, the skirmishes are very weak and it's unfolding is rather confusing. Why didn't Kabuto initially raise the Seven Swordsmen and have them ambush patrols and scouts? With Zabuza on the team, it would've been better sending them against someone other than Kakashi. Of course, then it wouldn't have the EMO impact Kishimoto seems to care so much about.

BTW, nice sig, Barles. One of the best "quotes" from 40k.

Sam98034
Mon, 01-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Off-topic, but what sig? In fact, no one seems to have a sig anymroe.

MFauli
Mon, 01-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Okay, I dont get it: Why are Haku and Zabu defeated now? Wasnt that the whole danger? That those Zombies cannot be killed, only, seemingly, be beaten by heart-speech?! Suddenly, this chapter took all the possible threat from this "war" :/

And I agree with other posters. Itīs sad how the whole manga concentrated on Sasuke (and a bit Naruto, lol) instead of developing an interesting story around all of these great characters we get to see now. I still remember my little fanfic, where Naruto would travel the ninja-world in search for other Jinchuuriki to form his own elite group against Akatsuki, ya know "Akatsuki vs Jinchuuriki". The seven swordsmen would have fit in there somehow, too, and then we would have got to know much more about the different countries and their Kages, bit by bit.
Whatīs happening currently is just a short-term-reaction to One Pieceīs Whitebeard-arc. Kishimoto hasnīt spent nearly enough thought into this current story. Even more sadly, itīll propbably all be lead ad absurdum when finally Naruto and Sasuke appear and all these Zetsus and cannon fodder ninjas are killed in literally one panel. :/
Again, agreed in that Kishimoto fails at portraying this "war" as a war. Here some ninjas fighting, there some ninjas fighting, and so on. Everything feels "small" and insignificant.

Really hope that the story hurries to introduce Naruto and Sasuke, so what we see actually matters again...

Destrado
Mon, 01-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Off-topic, but what sig? In fact, no one seems to have a sig anymroe.

"You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

As this was underneath Barles' post, I assumed it was his "sig", or that at least, he added a thin line and that text after his post ^^

Sam98034
Wed, 01-26-2011, 01:52 AM
As this was underneath Barles' post, I assumed it was his "sig", or that at least, he added a thin line and that text after his post ^^

Yeah, for me that just wasn't on there. There's just a whole bunch of white space underneath his post.

Anyways, just a thought here. It would have been cool if this war had a chess game thing going between Shika and Madara like Yagami Light and L in Death Note. Shika being L trying to figure out what Madara was doing.

I won't say Kishi can't write this way, because he has shown some promise in the Shikamaru episodes. I wish he treated this arc more like that. Many of those are some of my favorite episodes, along with Lee's. Wouldn't it be something if this Manga followed the duo of Shikamaru and Rock Lee? A mix of Bruce Lee and Shirlock Holmes.

rockmanj
Wed, 01-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Yeah, for me that just wasn't on there. There's just a whole bunch of white space underneath his post.

Anyways, just a thought here. It would have been cool if this war had a chess game thing going between Shika and Madara like Yagami Light and L in Death Note. Shika being L trying to figure out what Madara was doing.

I won't say Kishi can't write this way, because he has shown some promise in the Shikamaru episodes. I wish he treated this arc more like that. Many of those are some of my favorite episodes, along with Lee's. Wouldn't it be something if this Manga followed the duo of Shikamaru and Rock Lee? A mix of Bruce Lee and Shirlock Holmes.

I don't think they would entrust such a big responsibility to Shikamaru (I doubt he would want that anyway). And if that did happen, it would kind of be even more ridiculous. I am not tilted for or against this arc so far, but I don't think I would want to see 'ninja Death note'.

Showtimedr
Wed, 01-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Kishi fails @ war.

If Gaara professes his admiration for somebody I may just give up on this arc.

Kabuto is a major fail as a villian so far. Orochimaru was so much more fun to follow. In fact with the loss of Itachi, Deidara, and the other cool villiains whats left is pretty crappy.

Its essentially a billion zetsu's, Madara with Sharingan/Rinnegan hax, Kabuto with Oro hax, and on occassion Sasuke.

The only thing that can make this chapter cool is if Either Itachi or Orochimaru anticipated this and body switch Kabuto or Madara. That would be epic.

Sam98034
Fri, 01-28-2011, 02:07 AM
I don't think they would entrust such a bi responsibility to Shikamaru (I doubt he would want that anyway). And if that did happen, it would kind of be even more ridiculous. I am not tilted for or against this arc so far, but I don't think I would want to see 'ninja Death note'.

You're right about Shika. Gaara would probably be a better choice. And by Death Note I only meant the aspect that at first it's a complete mind f*ck and you're wondering what's going to happen next and how it will all play out as opposed to knowing how it will play out before it even happens.

rockmanj
Fri, 01-28-2011, 11:36 AM
You're right about Shika. Gaara would probably be a better choice. And by Death Note I only meant the aspect that at first it's a complete mind f*ck and you're wondering what's going to happen next and how it will all play out as opposed to knowing how it will play out before it even happens.

Eh, it would be cool, but Naruto isn't that type of story. And you kind of got your wish, as it seems that Shikamaru's dad is a chief strategic advisor.