PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 611

Marik
Thu, 01-20-2011, 01:29 PM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?41n32q6dtrz1far) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/yt09q2) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/15771776/1)

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 01-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Am I the only one who's not feeling super impressed by Hodi Jones and the new fishman pirates. Ohhhhh super soldier pills scarrrrry ugh no more intimidating then Chouji's super doping bills he took during his big fight. Also taking out some no name pirates ohhhhhhh terrifying.

Feel like the strawhat's pretime jump would have no trouble trouncing these guys can't imagine them posing much of a threat to the post time jump strawhats.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 01-20-2011, 02:01 PM
I feel like we're playing the skyisland arc all over again, only from the other side.

I liked how the #2 shrimp was drawn, like an evil ninja.

Archangel
Thu, 01-20-2011, 02:24 PM
I don't know... the fact remains that Arlong would have won his fight with Luffy if he had taken it to the water. Now the whole crew is surrounded by the ocean, the new fishman pirates are on steroids and have probably leveled up over time as well.

Now i'm now saying Luffy's crew won't be victorious, i'm just saying it might not be as easy as we all seem to think it will.

poopdeville
Thu, 01-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Ohhhhh super soldier pills scarrrrry ugh no more intimidating then Chouji's super doping bills he took during his big fight. Also taking out some no name pirates ohhhhhhh terrifying.

I thought about rumble balls and monster point before Chouji... Monster point is seriously intimidating.

Also, Fishman Karate and swimming got a Fishman into the Shichibukai. I'm not saying these guys are as strong as Jimbei, but they could be. Or even stronger, with their drugs.

And Crocodile took out no-name pirates at the start of the Arabasta arc. And so did CP-9. And I think Enel did too (or maybe his guards).

Edit: Is it just me, or does Hodi Jones' arc remind anyone of Enel's arc? Could these maybe be designed like Pluton and Poseidon?

Assertn
Thu, 01-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Fishman arc has been reminiscent of the Skypeia arc ever since the strawhats first reached the red line and the log pose pointed straight down. Think about it...

Skypeia: To figure out how to get there, the strawhats first had to go to Jaya.
Fishman: To figure out how to get there, the strawhats first had to go to Shabondy.

Skypeia: Strawhats meet Norland and the monkeys to guide them on their way.
Fishman: Strawhats meet Rayleigh, Camie, and Hachi to guide them on their way.

Skypeia: Some pirates mess with Norland's shit, Luffy kicks their ass.
Fishman: The tenryuubito shoot Hachi and take Camie, Luffy kicks their ass.

Skypeia: Going Merry needed modifications to be able to traverse up knock-up stream.
Fishman: Thousand Sunny needed modifications to be able to traverse down the undersea currents.

Skypeia: Clouds are navigated like surface currents in the sky.
Fishman: Underwater currents are navigated like surface currents under the sea.

Skypeia: Strawhats have to adjust to the low air pressure in combat.
Fishman: Strawhats have to adjust to the high water pressure in combat.

Skypeia: Upon entering the white sea, the strawhats immediately encounter Wiper, who is attempting to ward off people from Skypeia.
Fishman: Upon entering the deep sea, the strawhats immediately encounter the Kraken, who is attempting to ward off pirates from Fishman island, followed by Van Der Decken.

Skypeia: In the process, the strawhats gain an ally, the Knight of the Sky.
Fishman: In the process, the strawhats gain allies, the Kraken and apparently that shark thing.

I could probably keep going...

Archangel
Thu, 01-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Not to diss Oda but you could probably find those kinds of parallels in every One Piece arc

Death BOO Z
Thu, 01-20-2011, 06:15 PM
this time it seems intentional, or if we decide to think the worst of Oda - obvious.
I hope he plans to start revealing the nature of the ultimate weapons this arc, I want some answers.

poopdeville
Fri, 01-21-2011, 06:14 PM
They're obvious, by the "rules" Oda has laid out for the characters. Luffy won't fight without a reason. So he has to meet good guys who are victims to an arc's bad guys. The bad guy has to either be mentioned before the arc or he has to kick some no-names' asses, to establish his credibility as a threat.

And this is an "adventure arc", like Skypeia was. Getting there and exploring was the goal. If they don't meet the good guys and bad guys, they'll just move on somewhere else. Yes, it would be cool if they found treasure or the secret of the Poneglyphs without having to fight some random guy, but I doubt Japanese preteens are very interested in that sort of thing. They want to see fights.

At least Oda is creative about the formula. There are lots of places this arc can go, even if we know it's going to one specific place along the way.

UChessmaster
Fri, 01-21-2011, 08:22 PM
I think Hodi Jones would`ve made a bigger impact if that crab pirate had a higher bounty (80 millions is like Bellamy level at this point) with a nice powerful Devil fruit along with it.

FireEmblem
Sat, 01-22-2011, 01:38 PM
The thing is, we don't even know what Hodi Jones even means to this arc yet. What his role in the story will be or who is even the real bad guy yet. I would be pretty surprised if the New Fishman Pirates were the villains for this arc. We'll see though.

Assertn
Sat, 01-22-2011, 01:55 PM
It sounds like Hodi Jones might go into battle against King Neptune soon. Maybe that will be that focus of this arc.
Then maybe Van Der Decken and Caribou will show up and it will become an FFA.

UChessmaster
Sat, 01-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I`m pretty certain the new fishmen pirates are the bad guys of this arc, Hodi Jones has a story against Luffy because of Arlong, they have a swordsman that will no doubt end up fighting Zoro, Hodi is clearly as evil as Arlong, his scene reminded me of that scene where he sent his lackey to sink the Marine ship,he has a low count introduced crew to fight the Straw hats. 6 main Hodi Jones pirates, 9 straw hats, the count is not to far off.

King Neptune has 3 sons that are apparently allies to Jimbei, so i honestly doubt Luffy and co. will fight his army, Van der decken is a wild char, maybe him or some of his crew will fight the remaining Straw Hats, Caribou is a joke.

Assertn
Sat, 01-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Caribou is a joke.
I dunno, we've had villains before that make their first appearance as a joke, and then later return to wreak havoc. Remember Wapol? First thing he did was start to eat Going Merry and then Luffy one-shots him into the sea.

Archangel
Sat, 01-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Wapol was always subpar, I'd rank his power level below even Captain Kuro's.

Caribou might still be something of a threat due to his logia but in direct combat i don't see him lasting 5 seconds against the new Luffy.

FireEmblem
Mon, 01-24-2011, 11:27 PM
I think it's possible for the person providing the steroids to be involved in this arc.

Anyone think that Van Der Decken could be the next crew mate? There's nothing really indicating that, but you know it's fun to guess!

UChessmaster
Tue, 01-25-2011, 10:11 PM
I sort of want a girl with a DF to join, too many guys as it is