PDA

View Full Version : Bleach's end?

Archangel
Tue, 01-11-2011, 06:54 PM
One can only hope

The Japanese rock band ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D posted on its blog on Saturday that its new song "Song for..." will serve as a "fitting" ending theme song for the Bleach anime's final season. However, the band has since removed the mention of Bleach anime's final season from its blog post, although Google retains a web cache of the original post. The song will be the ending theme of the anime starting on Tuesday.

Original post (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-01-10/band-posts-about-bleach-last-season-deletes-mention)

Harima Kenji
Tue, 01-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I don't know if the manga is going on, but it's a good thing if Bleach took a pause for a while. They are apparently very close to the manga and that will just call for tons of crappy fillers.
Just come back in like 2 years with Bleach Shuppuuden or something.

LordGardenGnome
Tue, 01-11-2011, 08:30 PM
I do like the series still, just hate how they keep dropping filler episodes in. The manga is in an arc but the series could just finish and go into some stupid arc for a long time. Just hate the random interruptions to the story.....maybe one day they'll come out with a re-doing of the series like dragon ball kai.....

UChessmaster
Tue, 01-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Time for Bleach Z

Kraco
Wed, 01-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Let's hope it does. I wouldn't need to watch these goddam awful episodes filled with endless talks and flashbacks instead of fighting. After a few years it could come back with the kind of vigor it had in the very beginning.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-12-2011, 02:54 AM
I've been told the storyline for the next Bleach arc in the manga is almost completely unrelated to the rest of the series this far.

If that's the case, then this seems like a really good place to stop for now. Pick it up again later.

Especially considering how close the anime is to the manga anyway, it's either that, or a 2 year filler hell like Naruto. I'd much, much, MUCH rather the show simply go on hiatus for awhile and come back when it's ready like Inuyasha did.

redcat
Wed, 01-12-2011, 05:46 AM
they are so close to finishing the current arc, why the hell cant they wait like 5-10 more episodes to go into filler hell. retarded.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Because they can't have the show end partway through a season. If there's only 10 episodes worth of manga left, and they have a whole season left to fill, there's gonna be like 3 episodes of filler.

Since they just started a new ending and it's supposedly the last one, I'm guessing there's exactly 12 episodes of Bleach left at this point.

Janice
Wed, 01-12-2011, 11:55 PM
The new "unrelated" arc that was mentioned is probably the beginning of a "new series," kind of like Shippuden. Doesn't mean Bleach is ending, just that it will have another name tacked onto it.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Well, they don't really do that in manga. Least not in serial shounen manga.

Janice
Fri, 01-14-2011, 01:54 AM
Yeah, the manga would still be called Bleach, but the anime something else. Just like how Naruto is now Naruto: Shippuden, but the manga is still just Naruto.

Munsu
Sat, 01-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Well, they don't really do that in manga. Least not in serial shounen manga.

It's not unheard of.

For example, the manhwa The Breaker and The Breaker: New Waves. You have Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic! Sigma, etc.

Archangel
Sun, 01-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Rosario+Vampire and Rosario+Vampire 2nd season

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Yes please. End the pain.

Archangel
Mon, 01-17-2011, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't call this ending the pain, it's more of a mild sedative

The source is the manga, the anime still managed to be cool looking from time to time

Shadow Skill
Thu, 01-20-2011, 06:38 AM
I just read this "Update: Bleach's recording director assistant Yosuke Morita confirmed on his Twitter account that the broadcast schedule has been set well into the future, and so the anime will not end soon. Thanks, lemursrule."

So it not ending anytime. :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-20-2011, 05:43 PM
*sigh* balls...

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Someone posted a while ago (was it you Darth?) that Naruto and Bleach had 43% of fillers (while One Piece only had 18%). At this rate Bleach will have 80% fillers soon.

Archangel
Thu, 01-20-2011, 06:04 PM
And FYI, OP fillers are way better than Naruto or Bleach fillers.

They're simplistic but they're tolerable, and that's really all you can ask out of filler

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-20-2011, 07:12 PM

They're simplistic but they're tolerable, and that's really all you can ask out of filler

Agreed. The only fillers that have annoyed on One Piece were those flashback episodes in the middle of Ennies Lobbies.

Bleach? Heck... Im missing the Bounto already.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-21-2011, 02:21 PM

They're simplistic but they're tolerable, and that's really all you can ask out of fillerAlso, there hasn't really been a filler arc in One Piece in a long time due to how fast the manga is paced.

I want to say though that, with the exception of G8, I DON'T think One Piece fillers are better than Bleach fillers. At least, not the full arcs. The Bount arc and especially the Zanpaktou Rebellion arcs are almost as good as the non-filler material.

The Amagai arc is kind of spoiled by the annoying little girl, but even that arc wasn't bad.

It's just that, like, when a filler arc actually takes the time to establish real characters, and enemies that, if you didn't know it was filler, you'd actually believe were a threat, and give the arc enough time to develop the way a real story arc would, they can actually come out pretty good.

I mean, shit, I'm still kind of interested to see that last surviving Bount and the doctor that made them show up again in a future filler arc. Those two feel like real characters that are actually a part of the world.

You can even see this in Naruto. While the 3Tails and 6 Tails filler arcs aren't nearly as good as the canon episodes, they were far superior to the Filler Hell of the original series. Unfortunately, the current Naruto filler is pretty much Filler Hell all over again.

Marik
Thu, 02-23-2012, 06:09 AM
A recent television program listing in Japan reports that the Bleach television anime series will end its run in TV Tokyo's 6:00 p.m. Tuesday timeslot on March 27. When a Twitter follower of Bleach animation director Hiroki Takagi sent him an image of the listings, Takagi responded by saying, "So quick. I was going to paste it… /(^o^)\"

Shueisha, the publisher of Tite Kubo's original manga, had already announced that the weekly Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden anime will premiere on TV Tokyo on Tuesday, April 3 at 6:00 p.m.

Bleach TV Anime Ending on March 27 (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-23/bleach-tv-anime-ending-on-march-27)

Heh, so the final arc won't be shown on television. I guess we'll get a condensed version in the form of a film.

Animeniac77
Thu, 02-23-2012, 10:45 AM
if ya ask me i'm pretty glad Bleach is ending, maybe focus on other upcoming mainstream animes, (FairyTail easily overtook if ya ask me) and will or probably already is one of the "Big 3" though still none can come close to OP, if anyone still recalls the "story" bleach has...mind reminding me? as all i saw was, save rukia, fillers, save orihime, fillers, (quit anime after aizen arc, quit manga after the hell arc when he defeated that full bringer guy)...sooo..the story was what again?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-23-2012, 02:19 PM
So wait, the arc we're currently on NOW won't be getting finished then? I was just starting to get into the new status quo in Bleach.

*sigh* I don't know why they didn't just stop after Aizen if they weren't planning to keep going.

Archangel
Thu, 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
So wait, the arc we're currently on NOW won't be getting finished then? I was just starting to get into the new status quo in Bleach.

*sigh* I don't know why they didn't just stop after Aizen if they weren't planning to keep going.
Bleach's manga ratings only really started hitting the shitter in the current anime arc.

UChessmaster
Thu, 02-23-2012, 05:04 PM

It can be done if they rush it.

gos27
Thu, 02-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Really do hope they have a break for a couple of years rather than giving us the filler crap they have provided us for so long.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Really do hope they have a break for a couple of years rather than giving us the filler crap they have provided us for so long.I'm fine with a couple year break also, as long as they actually finish the current arc.

Vorlath
Fri, 02-24-2012, 05:20 PM
This is weird. Not long ago, I was reading up on this. But now, all those articles seem to be gone. Maybe I imagined it. Maybe they really are ending it. I could have sworn I read that the show was going on hiatus while they worked on something "top secret". But that there was still 2 years of Bleach in 2013 and 2014 and that was it. The show will end at that time. I distinctively read that there was to be those two years after the hiatus. But like I said, I must have imagined it because I can't find anything about it anymore. Also, there is talk that WB has rights to a 2014 Bleach movie in America. Don't see how that would work. Maybe for TV. Who knows?

Y
Sat, 02-25-2012, 12:19 AM
This show (and manga) needed to get cancelled a LONG time ago. Maybe this will light a fire under Kubo's ass to produce something people want to read.

Animeniac77
Sat, 02-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Bleach's manga ratings only really started hitting the shitter in the current anime arc.
Many probably like me who have been "hoping" and giving this anime/manga a chance to improve yet has not probably dumping it as well, good call if ya ask me, i only read/watched to actually see where a "main story plot" would occur...not a single major one if ya ask me

This show (and manga) needed to get cancelled a LONG time ago. Maybe this will light a fire under Kubo's ass to produce something people want to read.

Kudos to this +1

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Kudos to this +1Yeah, +1 for being a broken record.

Animeniac77
Sun, 02-26-2012, 02:33 AM
Yeah, +1 for being a broken record.

if you truly believe Bleach has any good points, by all means please point them out.

gos27
Sun, 02-26-2012, 04:08 PM
if you truly believe Bleach has any good points, by all means please point them out.

Bleach had a lot of good points before it turned into a filler anime series if you ask me.

redcat
Sun, 02-26-2012, 06:19 PM
bleach has a lot of potential but kubo keeps shitting on it

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-27-2012, 03:55 AM
if you truly believe Bleach has any good points, by all means please point them out.It's not about it having good points. It's about the fact that everyone knows what sucks about it at this point, and has for like 2 years now, so complaining about it is like making jokes about airline food. It's not insightful. It's boring.

But then, I never really understood why people turned on this series in the first place. It was a dumb shounen action series to begin with, it's a dumb shounen action series now. But people act like it started out Shakespear and then turned into crap. But it's the same as it's always been, a dumb plot giving them an excuse to show cool magic sword fights.

LordGardenGnome
Tue, 02-28-2012, 07:30 PM

If that's so then people should stop reading it.....and stop watching the anime. That wont happen, many of the people on this forum complain about each chapter again and again but the fact that they're still reading it means they have an interest in it. That interest is a number maybe not seen by the exec's of the company but by someone with money funding the project. If it keeps making money then why stop it? Look at it from a writers perspective, he's making money. Why stop?

Kraco
Wed, 02-29-2012, 07:18 AM
If it keeps making money then why stop it? Look at it from a writers perspective, he's making money. Why stop?

Being a manga author is creative, artistic work. Even in Kubo's case there must be something creative going on inside his head. I doubt Bleach has been able to satisfy that for a long time now. The artist in him must have been yearning to end Bleach, no matter how nicely consistent livelihood it brings him, in favour of something that would again make him feel like an artist, not a factory worker. He just doesn't have the guts to do it - which actually does sound like a pretty Japanese thing.

Regardless of what Bakuman claims.

Archangel
Wed, 02-29-2012, 10:22 AM
If that's so then people should stop reading it.....and stop watching the anime. That wont happen, many of the people on this forum complain about each chapter again and again but the fact that they're still reading it means they have an interest in it. That interest is a number maybe not seen by the exec's of the company but by someone with money funding the project. If it keeps making money then why stop it? Look at it from a writers perspective, he's making money. Why stop?
Artistic integrity?

Mugen
Wed, 02-29-2012, 02:01 PM
is the anime ending for good? or just going on break?

Harima Kenji
Wed, 02-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Nobody knows.
Bleach still has a lot of potential, but I think Kubo has a hard time making up a good storyline at the moment. I think it will be better if he gave the project some rest and pick it up if he has more good inspiration.
I think it's better not to rush it with an ending, if he already has one in mind.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-01-2012, 12:59 AM
If the next arc really is the last one, I can't imagine they won't pick the series up again once it's finished.

I mean, they did it for Inuyasha, and Bleach still sucks less than that.

Archangel
Thu, 03-01-2012, 09:48 AM
If the next arc really is the last one, I can't imagine they won't pick the series up again once it's finished.

I mean, they did it for Inuyasha, and Bleach still sucks less than that.
You'll get a movie or maybe some OVAs.

LordGardenGnome
Thu, 03-01-2012, 01:44 PM
You'll get a movie or maybe some OVAs.

You saw that Warner Brothers is trying to make a American adaptation for the big screen US?

I hope it doesn't happen.

Shadow Skill
Tue, 03-06-2012, 11:58 PM
I hope America never gets it. Hollywood will butcher it till it's something completely different. Be like that Bleach comic in the USA that that rock singer son tried to pass off as his own comic. I forget who that was now.