PDA

View Full Version : Bleach and Naruto Fillerless

The1LittleMchale
Thu, 01-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Does anyone know if there is already a place that has a complete(current) list for both Naruto and Bleach that lists which episodes are filler and which are canon?

I am going through my archived episodes one by one determining which are filler and which are not myself right now. My reason being that a few of my friends want to watch only the canon parts of these two series, and that for how crappy I felt some of the filler was, I also no longer wish to have any completely filler episodes from either show archived.

I guarantee that someone responds to this immediately with a link they Googled or one that was common knowledge, making me feel like the Naruto of season 1, but I asked anyways cause pretty much everyone here doesn't mind helping out if they already knew the answer.

Marik
Thu, 01-06-2011, 01:14 AM
Anime Filler Guide (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/general-anime-discussion/24458-anime-filler-guide.html)

A site I've used for awhile.

The1LittleMchale
Thu, 01-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Marik, I love you yet again.

Pandadice
Thu, 01-06-2011, 02:18 AM
Anime Filler Guide (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/general-anime-discussion/24458-anime-filler-guide.html)

A site I've used for awhile.

lol "gray area: darker than black 2 1-12"

huh.. i was gonna say anidb, cause they had put in notes saying when filler started/ended, but it looks like they got rid of those.. :\

Dark Dragon
Thu, 01-06-2011, 03:36 AM
That website is pretty awesome, i never knew about it before.

Interesting note

Naruto total episodes = 416 / Fillers = 178 which is ~43% fillers. Still in fillers for at least 10 more weeks.

Bleach total episodes = 303 / Fillers = 131 which is also ~43% fillers. Heading into filler arc

While One Piece total episodes = 482 / Fillers = 87 which is ~18% and have a few more episodes before ending the current arc.

Both Bleach and Naruto are from Studio Pierrot while One Piece is from Toei. I wonder if it's just a coincidence or does Studio Pierrot purposely keep their long running series on a certain total to fillers ratio.

Kraco
Thu, 01-06-2011, 05:25 AM
To be fair One Piece very often uses less chapters per an episode, from what I've deducted from second hand info (since I'm not reading either Naruto or Bleach). One Piece episodes consistently also contain more "wasted" minutes. It's just a different approach. All of these neverending shows face the same dilemma of anime by default running much faster than manga. There are no good solutions as long as the studios insist on the shows running continuously, without pauses.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 01-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Yeah definitely. It's one reason why i generally just prefer to read the manga.

I just find it interesting that both of Studio Pierrot main long running shounen have almost the same exact filler to total ratio.

I honestly have to say i prefer Toei approach of stretching out some chapters to fill an episodes since it generally work fine. Sometimes though it really hurt the show, like this current OP arc is so much less interesting to watch due to how stretched out everything is.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-06-2011, 08:18 AM
One Piece episodes consistently also contain more "wasted" minutes. Not really the case. It feels like that sometimes because the opening credits are very long in One Piece, so it takes a long time for the episode to actually get started. But it's balanced out by the fact that One Piece doesn't have an ending credits sequence. They also don't do any after-credits skits.

If you compare say, Bleach to One Piece it goes

Bleach:
Current Episode Preview > Opening Credits > Previous Episode Recap > Episode > Ending Credits > Next Episode Preview > Ending Comedic Clip

One Piece:
Double Length Opening Credits > Narrative Series Introduction > Previous Episode Recape > Episode > Next Episode Preview

In the end, it pretty much evens out. One Piece's padding is just more front loaded.

Carnage
Thu, 01-06-2011, 08:58 AM
These studios really need to learn to adopt the season format.

MFauli
Thu, 01-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Adding another question to that one:

Is there a sub-group that has attempted to cut the existing Naruto-anime into one seamless piece? Cutting out all unnecessary scenes and such. Would be nice to watch, I guess.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-06-2011, 04:38 PM
To be fair One Piece very often uses less chapters per an episode, from what I've deducted from second hand info (since I'm not reading either Naruto or Bleach). One Piece episodes consistently also contain more "wasted" minutes. It's just a different approach. All of these neverending shows face the same dilemma of anime by default running much faster than manga. There are no good solutions as long as the studios insist on the shows running continuously, without pauses.

True. One Piece uses less chapters per episode compared to Naruto and Bleach.

But there is a very important matter behind this. A One Piece chapter usually has double the content and plot per chapter than Naruto. And if we compare to Bleach... I would say from 4 to 5 times more content.

Personally I read an average One Piece chapter in about 20 minutes... whereas a Naruto one takes only 10 and Bleach can be read in 5 or less minutes. And Bleach even has more pages than the others... (20 vs 17~19)