PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Spring 2011

Marik
Sat, 01-01-2011, 01:01 AM
thecartdriver v3.0

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/Spring-2011-v3s.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/Spring-2011-v3.jpg)

EpyonNext
Sat, 01-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Is Appleseed XIII supposed to be a full fledged series or another movie?

Marik
Sat, 01-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Is Appleseed XIII supposed to be a full fledged series or another movie?

It will be a 13 episode series.

Not a sequel to 2 CG films; Erin's Hamana directs future police story at Jinni's, I.G

Appleseed XIII, a new 13-episode computer-animated series adaptation of Masamune Shirow's Appleseed future police manga, has been green-lit for next spring. The series will not be a sequel to the two previous computer-animated movies directed by Shinji Aramaki, but a new retelling. Like the original manga, the story follows the exploits of the ES.W.A.T. paramilitary unit member Deunan and her combat cyborg colleague Briareos at the city of Olympus after World War V.

Takayuki Hamana (The Beast Player Erin, Chocolate Underground, Library War, Moshidora, The Prince of Tennis) is directing the animators at Jinni's Animation Studios, in cooperation with Production I.G. Jun'ichi Fujisaku (The Beast Player Erin, Blood+, Moshidora, Real Drive) is supervising and co-writing the scripts, and Takayuki Goto (The Beast Player Erin, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG, Hunter X Hunter, Video Girl Ai) is designing the characters based on Shirow's original work. Atsushi Takeuchi (Ghost in the Shell, Yukikaze, The Sky Crawlers, Reideen) is returning from Aramaki's first Appleseed film to draw the mechanical designs.

The company Micott & Basara is producing the project as it did for the two Aramaki films. Micott & Basara had announced Appleseed: Genesis, a previous attempt to adapt Appleseed into a computer-animated series, in 2008. However, the project at the studio Radix mobanimation was suspended, and Radix, sued Micott & Basara. (Micott & Basara counter-sued Radix.)

David75
Sat, 01-01-2011, 01:20 AM
Lotte's Toy... Oh God!

Pandadice
Sat, 01-01-2011, 01:29 AM
30-sai no Hoken Taiisu is a given.

Mm.. C is one noitamina, and I assume the other one will be Anohana (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-12-30/anohana-project-with-toradora-team-tv-ad-streamed)?

Carnage
Sat, 01-01-2011, 01:53 AM
I've heard good things about Toriko, I look forward to it.

RyougaZell
Sat, 01-01-2011, 02:08 AM
LOL... so soon with this thread? Even though Spring is so far away?

Oh well.

The World Only God Knows S2 is a given.

Why is Moshidora there? Re-run? A season 2 immediately? Since I was under the impression Moshidora was starting tomorrow. *edit* - nevermind... I re-checked on randomc... it starts until march indeed... makes me wonder why they pre-viewed it already

The rest of the list... *sigh*

Pandadice
Sat, 01-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Well, Moshidora is technically a Winter season show. It'll start and finish airing before any of the other shows on that Spring chart even start. The last two weeks of Winter is still the Winter season :\

also, no news on new Berserk :(

Dark Dragon
Sat, 01-01-2011, 03:31 AM
Oh my, Dead Man Wonderland. That fake season preview from the general manga forum is starting to come true.

Toriko is a bit like Hunter X Hunter meets Fist of the North Star, so it'll be pretty awesome.

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-01-2011, 05:20 AM
Sequels again for me:

Appleseed XIII - not sure if they're starting over or not, but Duenan = win for me.

TWGOK 2 - given. The series didn't get to the girls I like better yet.

Maria+Holic 2 - guaranteed. Continuation of a shaft series with a premise so wacky they improve it instead of messing it up.

Kampfer fur de liebe - also guaranteed. The first season was one of the best teasing animes ever. The second series might not be able to match it, but chances are good anyway.

But will also go for:

Moshidora - The premise is solid, interesting, and fresh.

Steins;Gate - Time travel text messages via microwave oven and come into conflict with a Time Bureau? Good looking characters, stellar cast (Momoi Haruko!!, Miyano Mamoru, Hanazawa Kana, Gotou Soari) I'm there.

Hanasaku Iroha - Hot Spring Inn coming of age story. Cute girl lead character (voiced by Itou Kanae, quickly becoming a favorite of mine). In.

MFauli
Sat, 01-01-2011, 09:13 AM
boy, you know a season is bad when even though you dislike moe-stuff, the only show you´re interested in IS moe. will watch the 30-sai anime, have to admit that i like such otaku-focused stuff.

and "oh my god" was my reaction too when i read the description for lotte´s toy. WTF XD will watch first episode to see how far they take it, rofl.

for last, under the innocent skies might turn out interesting, have no idea what to expect.

Kampfer fur de liebe - also guaranteed. The first season was one of the best teasing animes ever. The second series might not be able to match it, but chances are good anyway.

wtf is wrong with you xD what is good about "teasing anime"? thats what made it so horrible.

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-01-2011, 09:34 AM
wtf is wrong with you xD what is good about "teasing anime"? thats what made it so horrible.That's what made it novel. I can watch something like Qwaser or Queen's Blade and see boobs all over the place, but Kampfer was entertaining because the broadcast version never showed you anything, just and endless series of almost theres. Not seeing can be more enticing than seeing.

Kampfer executed the art of the tease flawlessly.

Lucifus
Sat, 01-01-2011, 12:05 PM
I....sincerely hope Lotte's Toy is a joke... x_X

Pandadice
Sat, 01-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Man, remember when Qwaser came out, and the whole breast milk thing got the same reaction? I mean, yeah 10 year olds slurpin semen is pretty different from drinking milk, but it's the same kind of thing I guess. Just something completely outrageous and shocking.. Honestly I think whats more shocking than it's description is the fact that it's on this chart in stead of being thrown on a hentai list. I mean, if the thing had an 18+ rating with a hentai tag I don't think many of us would even think twice about it. :\

Man, remember when Kodomo no Jikan came out? It seemed like when it came out it was so radical and outrageous. It was like all my friends who saw it announced were like "lol no way, this is gonna be so ridiculous I gotta check it out." But now KnJ seems super tame. I mean, not the manga, but definitely the TV series. Anyone who saw this chart, then looked at KnJ would be like "whats the big deal?" We've really come a long way in 3 years

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 01-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Well we had breastmilk as a source of energy so this is the next logical step!

Can't wait for Deadman Wonderland though.

MFauli
Sat, 01-01-2011, 02:22 PM
But now KnJ seems super tame. I mean, not the manga, but definitely the TV series.

link to manga page plz :D in what way could the knj manga be less tame than the anime xD

and wtf, there was an anime about drinking breast milk? thats like my favorite fetish. was it any good?

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-01-2011, 02:27 PM
link to manga page plz :D in what way could the knj manga be less tame than the anime xD

and wtf, there was an anime about drinking breast milk? thats like my favorite fetish. was it any good?Yes, Qwaser. "Good" depends on your point of view, but it is only uncensored in eyecancer quality right now. Better off waiting for the BD rips to be complete.

...and yes, KnJ gets a LOT worse in the manga. There is good reason it is translated at a hentai doujin site now.

Xelbair
Sat, 01-01-2011, 10:14 PM
I'll consider watching:
Appleseed XIII: its appleseed so its on my must watch list(as everything connected to Shirow Masamune)

Stein's;Gate - if ending is not messed up like chaos;head(beginning was great!) it can be solid.

C - i'll see what's it about.

Deadman's Wonderland - If it turns out to be even similar in style to American's McGee Alice game it can be good.

Aria the Scarlet Ammo - if it turns out to be interesting, and it won't be goddamn ecchi-only series i'll watch it.

Blue Exorcist - i just hope that it will keep darker theme - if it does i'm in.

The world.. etc - i'll just watch it, not expecting anything great.

Kampfer - just for the sake of Student Council President, and non-transformed neighbor to main character.

gos27
Sun, 01-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Isn't the second season of Kimi Ni Todoke coming out too ??

Pandadice
Sun, 01-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Isn't the second season of Kimi Ni Todoke coming out too ??

Thats airing in Winter 2011. As in, a couple days from now. If it's 25 eps again, it will air during Spring too.

masamuneehs
Fri, 01-07-2011, 12:16 PM
this actually looks like a season with some potential.

i never saw the original Appleseed, but i'll try this thing out if it's not a direct sequel.

mariaholic2 because the first was quite entertaining. and i love traps.

i'll try Showa Era Story just because it seems to be different. and with all these new rules about what's socially acceptable in anime and in manga, shows like these might become more plentiful as the politics restricts semen slurping lolis.

i couldn't get into Deadman Wonderland as a manga. it had some nice elements, and I can see it being a good anime production, but it was pretty shounen to me. violent and set in prison, but a shounen.

C and Stein's Gate interest me.

The one about tea could be good, if it isn't too filled with obscure historical references or is too mindbogglingly dull.

Marik
Fri, 01-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Some information about C, since there isn't any on the chart...

The story is set during the 21st century when the economic future of Japan is in doubt.

Kenji Nakamura (Ayakashi, Mononoke, Kūchū Buranko) is directing the anime at Tatsunoko Production. Noboru Takagi (Durarara!!, Baccano!, Koi Kaze) is supervising and writing the scripts, and mebae (Sugar Dark: Umerareta Yami to Shōjo illustrator, Black Rock Shooter animator, Cencoroll contributor) is designing the characters. Keiichi Satou (The Big O, Junkers Come Here) is the conceptual designer. C will premiere in April.

There's a demo movie being streamed on the official site, (http://www.noitamina-control.jp) but you have to sit through a long intro. Here's a YouTube link instead...C Trailer.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98BzgNeg3MM)

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Steins Gate~

Since it is a visual novel by nitroplus, it is definitely going to be dark and mysterious (and for better or worse, confusing).

I don't really know much about it other than that (and the fact that Makise is so delish).

Marik
Mon, 01-10-2011, 09:15 AM
thecartdriver v3

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/Spring-2011-v3s.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/Spring-2011-v3.jpg)

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-10-2011, 09:42 AM
My series list expands a bit with this new list. The OAV list is quite long this time around.

Series:

Definite:
- Kami Nomi Shiru no Sekai S2
- Stein's Gate
- Kampfer fur die Liebe

Maybe:
- Moshidora
- Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
- Stein's Gate

OAV:
- Gundam UC #3
- Koe de Oshigoto #2
- .hack//QUANTUM #1, #2, #3
- Fairy Tail - Fairy Hills
- Amagami SS - Miya Episode
- High School of the Dead OAV
- Senjou no Valkyria 3: Dare ga Tame non Juusou

RyougaZell
Sat, 03-19-2011, 01:19 AM
RandomC's Preview (http://randomc.net/2011/03/18/spring-2011-preview/)

My Updated watch list:

- Hanasaku Iroha
- STEINS;GATE
- Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II
- Seikon no Qwaser II (if censored will wait for DVD/Bluray rip)
- C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Also it seems Kampfer is an OVA series and not a new season.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 03-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Finally, Kurisu is coming! Been waiting for ages.

Aside from that, I'm gonna see most of the sequels of the shows I've seen (excluding Kampfer). I never thought they would make a sequel to Kaiji, but I'm ecstatic that they decided to do so.

Dark Dragon
Sat, 03-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Definite:
Toriko: Everything about it is generic. I freaking love this series though due to all randomness and the author is actually very creative when it comes to world design. The creatures and plants are very unique and some border on grotesque. One of the main reason that i love Hunter X Hunter was because of the unique world and i'll probably die of old age before Togashi finish HxH, so this will have to do.

Deadman Wonderland: Just as Masa said, this series is very shounen. It's a very violent and dark shounen that's different from your usual fare and that's something i haven't seen in quite a while.

Sket Dance: I enjoyed the manga. It's pretty funny and some of the cases does get serious later on so this should be a pretty good show.

TWGOK 2: This season is going to cover some of my favorite part of manga.

Fireball Charming: Recently sat through the first season and it was pretty funny. Beside, at 2 min per episode it's not like i'd lose much watching it.

Moshidora: I've been wanting to watch this ever since it showed up in the Winter 10 preview list.

C: Story revolving around business transactions and a collapsing economy. From the people who adapted Baccano and Duradura? I'm so in.

Trying out:

Appleseed: I'm a bit split about this series. The Appleseed movie was very plain and boring despite being amazing looking. However, there's really a general lack of scifi in anime and IT IS created by Shirow Masamune.

Stein:Gate: I enjoyed chaos head despite it being kind of all over the place. This is also 24 episodes so if it turn out to be good, i'll have something long to watch.

Dog Days: It's from Nanoha creator so there's potential that it'll break the mold. Also, we ended up with something pretty damn good (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=3427) when there was a protagonist thrown into a world full of animal people.

Dororon Enma Kun: From the creator of Devilman and Mazinger. This seems like it has a lot of potential but the story just doesn't seem to be that interesting.

MFauli
Sat, 03-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Whoever doesnt watch Kaiji 2nd season is a lesser person. In other words: Only must-see anime of that season, and maybe the first must-see anime in a long, loooong time of sub-par sh*t. Finally, an anime that i´ll actively look forward to each week, just like the old days, when Monster, Death Note, Eureka Seven or Claymore were being shown for the first time. :)

shinta|hikari
Sat, 03-19-2011, 03:33 PM
You missed out on a lot if you think that Kaiji is the only must watch anime of recent.

Atheist
Sat, 03-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Whoever doesnt watch Kaiji 2nd season is a lesser person. In other words: Only must-see anime of that season, and maybe the first must-see anime in a long, loooong time of sub-par sh*t. Finally, an anime that i´ll actively look forward to each week, just like the old days, when Monster, Death Note, Eureka Seven or Claymore were being shown for the first time. :)

I am totally with you! Gonna check out Eureka Seven right now, it seems we have got the taste in anime! :-)

MFauli
Sat, 03-19-2011, 04:20 PM
You missed out on a lot if you think that Kaiji is the only must watch anime of recent.

I fear you´re wrong. How about naming at least 1-2 "must see"-anime that "I" missed?

shinta|hikari
Sat, 03-19-2011, 05:32 PM
I don't really know what you watched so I can't write down just what you missed, but if you saw these and thought they are sub-par shit, you need to reconsider your tastes. BTW, Claymore ended so badly, I don't even know why you wrote it down.

Of course, must see stuff will depend a bit on personal taste, but here are a few off the top of my head that a lot of people (as do I) agree are must see shows:

Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Tatami Galaxy
Katanagatari
Bakemonogatari
Shiki
Durarara
Evangelion 2.0
Time of Eve

MFauli
Sat, 03-19-2011, 05:45 PM
I´ve seen about half of those and the only one of these I´d call "must-see" is the Evangelion...because it´s Evangelion!
"sub-par shit" is, obviously, hyperbole, so I didn´t want to imply that anyone who liked one of those shows that I dont consider "must-see" is an idiot or whatever.
But let´s take Durarara for example. It has a nice quality to it, but at the same time, it has such an annoying, off-putting structure to how the story is laid out, that I could never tell someone "you HAVE to watch this!". That one and others that you mentiond are anime that go with "if you´re into *insert genre or specific content*, then you might like this." When I talk about must-sees, it´s rather a "if you like anime, you´ll like this." Death Note was such a show. Claymore was such a show (except for the last 2 episodes, ok). Eureka Seven was one of these, high-quality, super long adventure-anime (those dont even exist anymore nowadays...). FFS, the first part of the Naruto-anime is a must-see, best shounen-action of all times.

But you cannot seriously claim that we´ve seen much of such shows in the last few years. That´s why Kaiji 2 looks like a pleasant revival of "must-see" anime. My opinion, of course.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 03-19-2011, 06:03 PM
What you admit yet seem to forget when you claim that Death Note and Claymore are must watch shows is that it depends on preference. I know quite a few people who dislike Death Note for example, and no they don't have bad taste, but there are numerous reasons for it, be it an issue with the genre or dislike of the shows over analysis, etc.

If Claymore or Death Note is a must watch for you, a lot of recent shows have been must watches for a lot of people. I for one think Mitsudomoe is a must watch if you like comedy.

MFauli
Sat, 03-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Well, it certainly sounds very elitist, but: I think there are certain shows, a very small amount, that get all three parts of what makes a great anime: 1.) Visual Quality, 2.) Exciting Presentation, 3.) Uniqueness. A lot of anime get the first one right. Some of them get the second one right, too. But most fail to combine all three, especially the uniqueness factor.

Of course, NO anime is an ultimate "must-see" for every person on earth, but I dont think it´s wrong to recognize that there indeed are shows that have a certain "objective" quality to them. Those anime are super-rare though, now even moreso than during the high-time of anime.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 03-19-2011, 08:03 PM
I agree with you, but we disagree on the titles that we include in that list.

I am a bit more forgiving for criterion 1 though, because some really good shows are pretty old (i.e. Seikai no Monshou).

Kraco
Sun, 03-20-2011, 02:51 AM
This is Spring 2011 thread, not a "must see anime of the past" thread. Stay on topic!

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Sorry. We kinda got caught up in it and I completely forgot the thread topic.

I reread the list (since I just scanned it a bit the first time) and here are some of the interesting ones I will definitely try out:

C - The girl in the pic looks cute.
Hen Zemi - I watched the 1st episode that was release a while ago. Adult comedy, much like Genshiken, only tons more perverted.

Belial
Sun, 03-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Looks like I'll try out Deadman Wonderland, Hyouge Mono, C: ... and Ao no Exorcist this season, witch is a lot more then the last few seasons surprisingly :)

If these do not prove to be good might check out Toriko and STEINS;GATE for the hell of it

Kraco
Sun, 03-20-2011, 10:29 AM
There's no way I'm not going to check out Ao no Exorcist after every bloody Star Driver release by gg having its commercial. Besides, Rin (the main character dude, despite sharing a name with the one and only Rin), has Accelerator's VA and even sounds like him in the teasers. Kana Hanazawa is also there among the main VAs, which makes this even more interesting.

I'll have to think about the rest. There are quite a few that look very much worth trying. Hen Zemi already had some sort of release back then and it was posivitely weird but promising. I'll have to see which ones to follow of the numerous slice-of-life/school-life shows.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-20-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm reading the manga for Ao no Exorcist, so it would have to be presented really well for me to watch it.

RyougaZell
Sun, 03-20-2011, 05:13 PM
There's no way I'm not going to check out Ao no Exorcist after every bloody Star Driver release by gg having its commercial. Besides, Rin (the main character dude, despite sharing a name with the one and only Rin), has Accelerator's VA and even sounds like him in the teasers. Kana Hanazawa is also there among the main VAs, which makes this even more interesting.

Dang... I can't beleive I didn't notice it was that series. GG got me interested with their commercials as well. Another one to the watch list then.