PDA

View Full Version : ASUS O!PLAY Problem

eb999
Tue, 12-28-2010, 11:02 AM
HELP! HELP! HELP!

What is different between episodes 1 and 3 versus 2 and 4? I am trying to play these episodes on an ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 media player with firmware rev 1.33N. Episodes 1 and 3 play fine, but 2 and 4 have sound but no video. The fact that two of the four episodes play perfectly indicates that there must be some difference in your production process between the episodes. Anything information you can provide would be appreciated, so I can advise ASUS of the problem. I have downloaded the 720p H264 version - I don't know if you have any other resolution available.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-29-2010, 12:13 AM
HELP! HELP! HELP!

What is different between episodes 1 and 3 versus 2 and 4? I am trying to play these episodes on an ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 media player with firmware rev 1.33N. Episodes 1 and 3 play fine, but 2 and 4 have sound but no video. The fact that two of the four episodes play perfectly indicates that there must be some difference in your production process between the episodes. Anything information you can provide would be appreciated, so I can advise ASUS of the problem. I have downloaded the 720p H264 version - I don't know if you have any other resolution available.

Exactly what files are you having trouble with?

I'm only guessing, but it looks like you're referring to Moonlight Mile S02 Episodes 1-4 by Gotwoot-subs?

David75
Wed, 12-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Might be a bot too, that's why I didn't answer at first ;)

darkshadow
Wed, 12-29-2010, 07:17 AM
yep, botttt~

Yukimura
Wed, 12-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Sounds like it could be related to the header compression issue I had with my WDTV media player with episode 4.

mkvmergeGUI versions above 4.1 or so default to enabling header compression on audio/video streams and some standalone media players don't support this properly. If the person remuxes the files manually selecting none for header compression on both the audio and video streams in mkvmergegui the file may play for him/her.

Animeniax
Wed, 12-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Is it endearing or saddening that Buff responded helpfully to a bot?

Board of Command
Wed, 12-29-2010, 05:34 PM
HELP! HELP! HELP!

In the comments section:

@ Ed B:

That’s odd because the process was exactly the same for all four episodes. The video encoding settings were identical for all four releases. The x264 version was even the same for episodes 2 and 3, There is one possibility I’d like to check out though. Download this episode 2 patch and see if you can play the patched file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5bn1b7g7ccv77wt

hollowichi1931
Sat, 11-05-2011, 01:26 AM
HELP! HELP! HELP!

I have the same problem, but I use VLC Player and download through u-torrent. With Mirai Nikki Ep. 2,3, and 4, all I get is a green screen with audio. If you know what's going on, please tell me. If it matters, Win. 7 64bit all the latest updates.

-EDIT-
I fixed this by downloading the 8 bit versions, because I had the 10 bit. Now the sub's aren't showing up.

David75
Sat, 11-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Google for x264 10bit or Hi10