PDA

View Full Version : I need a recommendation for a online manga reader reader

TheBladeChild
Tue, 12-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Since Onemanga no longer offers online manga reading, I'v had to look for alternatives. Since then I'v been using Mangafox. Unfortunately Mangafox has problems loading images for me as well as having ads that automatically start playing sounds. Anyone know some good sites that has a good current library preferably with few ads?

Sam98034
Tue, 12-28-2010, 05:04 AM
thespectrum.net is good, but the selection is not so big. I mostly use it for Berserk & Vinland Saga.

I think I got some malware from Mangafox before. Too many adds there.

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-28-2010, 01:45 PM
There's mangareader.net as well, though they resize images.

I've blocked the adds from mangafox... why not do so?

Janice
Wed, 12-29-2010, 07:31 PM
www.somemanga.com has a nice reader.

neflight86
Mon, 01-03-2011, 02:40 AM
They're about as low-budget as they come, but after the great OneManga exodus, most of my reading is now done on UnixManga. Just don't expect any bells and whistles, super speed, or noisy ads for that matter. Oh, and new chapters are updated probably... I'd say about a day slower than most other sites. That said; it works for me and has a good selection- coupled with a clunky interface.

Archangel
Sat, 01-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Here's a recommendation, online readers are for fags

Use Manga Traders

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Here's a recommendation, online readers are for fags

Use Manga Traders
This is pretty rich coming from you. It reeks so bad, I can smell the hypocrisy through the tubes of the internet.

Only ever posting reader links until OM goes down, and now you're preaching the opposite.

Archangel
Sat, 01-08-2011, 11:22 AM
I posted them as a means to let everyone know the new chapter was out, if you want upload links do that shit yourself or wait for Marik

Seriously... you're lucky i even posted the links in the first place, i could have just started discussing the chapter and risk someone getting spoiled.

Munsu
Sat, 01-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Speaking of online readers, do you guys actually prefer reading the chapters online as opposed to downloading them and loading them up in your viewer?

I could never get used to waiting pages to load online.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Speaking of online readers, do you guys actually prefer reading the chapters online as opposed to downloading them and loading them up in your viewer?

DL then read.

Archangel
Sun, 01-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Download from MangaTraders and then use MangaMeeya to read the rar files

Marik
Sun, 01-16-2011, 07:53 AM
I always use irc. Pretty much everything I read is released there first via Quit, Death, Azrael, [L], and mainly Suzume.

Munsu
Sun, 01-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Going to try that MangaMeeya program... been using Acdsee for so long, but looking for something better, something that loads faster.

Archangel
Sun, 01-16-2011, 08:53 AM
MangaMeeya is completely customizable and is as light as they come, not to mention it can read pretty much any image and compression format

Downside, it's no longer being developed. What i wouldn't give for a couple of aesthetic updates on the thing.

Sapphire
Sun, 01-16-2011, 10:31 AM
www.somemanga.com has a nice reader.

Seconding Janice on SomeManga. Over the past couple weeks, I read 225 chapters of Vagabond and a few other manga (Holyland, Ressistement, Moonlight Mile) using this site, and it turns pages smoothly and fluently without problems, in an aesthetic sliding motion. Manga Fox is the worst, because it's slow and clunky. SomeManga sizes the pages all perfectly, and is even adjustable.

When it comes to programs on the computer, Windows Picture Viewer is almost as bad as Manga Fox, because having to scroll down and manually resize as I read is a pain. I use SomeManga by default, then go download from Manga Traders if it's not on SomeManga yet. There's some amazing comic book readers out there, and I use CDisplay. I read 80 issues of Walking Dead without problems and Onii-chan looks great on it.

RyougaZell
Sun, 01-16-2011, 01:48 PM

I prefer downloading, but considering I usually read the new chapters at the office where all download services (mediafire, megaupload, rapidshare, etc) are blocked, I've grown accostumed to online readers.

EinReB23
Mon, 01-17-2011, 02:14 AM
Try http://unixmanga.com They have DL services before.. but now they just offer online reading. It loads pretty fast considering my internet speed is slow.

Gonna try somemanga now..