PDA

View Full Version : TV: Farscape

David75
Sun, 12-26-2010, 02:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farscape

Farscape features a diverse ensemble of characters who are escaping from corrupt authorities called Peacekeepers. The protagonists live inside a giant space-dwelling creature named Moya, which serves as their ship. In the first episode, they are joined by the main character, John Crichton (Ben Browder), a modern-day American astronaut who accidentally flew into the entrance of a wormhole near Earth. On the same day, another stranger is picked up by Moya: a stranded Peacekeeper named Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) who appears human. Despite his best intentions, John does make a few major enemies; the primary of these is known as Scorpius. There are a few stand-alone plots, but the show centers on the unfolding events surrounding John's battle against Scorpius, John's search to find another wormhole back to Earth, and on another front, his relationship (or lack thereof) with Aeryn.

Watched the pilot.
"Translation microbes" idea is very nice.

It's the kind of show I might enjoy, because it's easy to watch and relax.

Anyone watched it and has thoughts to share on it before I continue to S01E02?

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-26-2010, 02:23 PM
I really enjoyed the first two seasons. The latter seasons got really weird, and you'll want to watch the Miniseries (The Peacekeeper Wars) to finish up the series after it was canceled from television and given an abrupt and completely random "ending."

Plus the series introduced me Claudia Black long ago!

David75
Sun, 12-26-2010, 02:39 PM
I really enjoyed the first two seasons. The latter seasons got really weird, and you'll want to watch the Miniseries (The Peacekeeper Wars) to finish up the series after it was canceled from television and given an abrupt and completely random "ending."

Plus the series introduced me Claudia Black long ago!

I was very surprised that Claudia Black and Ben Browder are staring this when I checked into the series name. I guess that was the reason for my curiosity, that pushed me to check the pilot.

Thanks for the input, I can really make with the special effects and some muppet show like characters if the show is worth it.

Penner
Sun, 12-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Aww damnit i got my hopes up :P, i saw the thread name and thought by some freak miracle someone somewhere had decided to make a new movie/followup or whatever to this show..

Anyhoo.. i <3 this show ;D

David75
Sun, 12-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Aww damnit i got my hopes up :P, i saw the thread name and thought by some freak miracle someone somewhere had decided to make a new movie/followup or whatever to this show..

Anyhoo.. i <3 this show ;D

Sorry for that and thanks for the enthusiasm that is valuable data ;)

Penner
Mon, 12-27-2010, 09:22 AM
God, how i wish they would make a Bluray "remastering" of this show, like the one they recently did for the "Alien Anthology" bluray... it would be glorious! :P