PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 522

Marik
Sun, 12-26-2010, 02:15 AM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uyxx7gn5qzquvvv) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/m69zid) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/82033841/1)

These last two Jumps were both Double Issues, which means they cover two weeks each. Chapter 521 covers December 15th - 28th. Chapter 522 covers December 29th - January 11th. This means no Naruto until January 12, 2011.

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-26-2010, 02:56 AM
Best thing about this chapter? It denies the existance of that suppossed guy from the seven swordsmen from the anime filler

Marik
Sun, 12-26-2010, 03:11 AM
Yeah, I was happy to see that Raiga wasn't among the seven. I didn't want to see him become canon.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 12-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Also funny how only Zabuza had his sword. Even though it was the broken one that Suigetsu had.

Archangel
Sun, 12-26-2010, 07:23 AM
The whole sentimentalism behind the Haku/Zabuza scenario has really died down since way back when, i don't really care anymore at this point.

darkshadow
Sun, 12-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Great stuff, paku is awesome~

rockmanj
Sun, 12-26-2010, 11:30 AM
I was pretty pleased by that chapter. That blast punch guy seems ridiculously strong though.

Assertn
Sun, 12-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Wait, how did Zabuza get his busted sword back?
This is a clusterfuck.

Archangel
Sun, 12-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Someone do some detective work, when was the last time we saw the sword?

Assertn
Sun, 12-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Last time I recall was when sasuke's team was fighting at the kage meeting place. It's been a while, but it appears the teammates never made it out, so my guess is that the sword was still there as well. Also, waterboy said he's looking for his katana, so I guess he thinks zabuza's sword is still there?

So apparently "blast" and "scorch" are elements now. I suppose if "ice" is an element, then it suffices to say that the fusion of two elements is still considered an element. So would that mean that blast is fire+earth and scorch is fire+wind...?

Archangel
Sun, 12-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Probably, Kishi got a little lazy with the bloodline limits this time around

Death BOO Z
Sun, 12-26-2010, 01:30 PM
So apparently "blast" and "scorch" are elements now. I suppose if "ice" is an element, then it suffices to say that the fusion of two elements is still considered an element. So would that mean that blast is fire+earth and scorch is fire+wind...?

someone should make a count of the elements...

5!/(3!*2!) is the max number, right? if you've got 5 elements and combine two of them
120/(6*2)=10
so far:
wood, ice, blast, scorch...
what else did we have?

the worst part, is that it never mattered (to anyone other than Kishi), the first thing Kakashi said about the 'five elements' was that there are more ninja techniques that don't follow the rules of elements (Chouji and Shikamaru were his examples), so I never understood why he insisted on following that 'rule' for elemental combination.

as for the blast punch being over powered - it's just how the rasengan should work. a one hit kill punch, perfect for slugging it out. it's just that Naruto never gets to show off his moves in a fight where he has the advantage.

Assertn
Sun, 12-26-2010, 02:04 PM

5!/(3!*2!) is the max number, right? if you've got 5 elements and combine two of them
120/(6*2)=10
so far:
what else did we have?

Yep, 10 total. Only 4 have been identified so far. Although I guess you could probably include the tsuchikage's dust bloodline... which would be... earth + wind?

Oh yeah, and the 3rd kazekage's black sand bloodline, which could be earth + lightning.

as for the blast punch being over powered - it's just how the rasengan should work. a one hit kill punch, perfect for slugging it out. it's just that Naruto never gets to show off his moves in a fight where he has the advantage.
The rasengan as everyone else has been using it was an incomplete jutsu; the rasenshuriken beng the complete form. It really was meant to be an aoe projectile like what the demons use.

UChessmaster
Sun, 12-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Didn`t the tsuchikage had TWO limits? i think she had lava too.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 12-26-2010, 07:35 PM
I liked this chapter. The seven swordsman is obviously there to show how awesome Kakashi and Gai are, though one of them may well die. It was Kakashi last time, so this time it might be Gai.

Can't wait to see zombie Itachi, it would be awesome if he had anticipated a potential resurection by Orochimaru and planned accordingly. Perhaps Naruto's crow is for this, and not for Sasuke as everyone has been thinking.

Tofu #2
Mon, 12-27-2010, 12:05 AM
Didn`t the tsuchikage had TWO limits? i think she had lava too.

that would be the mizuikage? lava and "boil"

Sam98034
Mon, 12-27-2010, 01:05 AM

120/(6*2)=10
so far:
what else did we have?

I think I recall something about Yin & Yang. And that might be a combination of two elements already.

Assertn
Mon, 12-27-2010, 02:25 AM
that would be the mizuikage? lava and "boil"

Yeah.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Boil_Release
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Lava_Release

So apparently fire + water = boil, and fire + earth = lava.
I kinda figured lava would be a more suitable fusion element, but that doesn't leave much left for "blast." fire + lightning, perhaps?

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Boil_Release
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Lava_Release

So apparently fire + water = boil, and fire + earth = lava.
I kinda figured lava would be a more suitable fusion element, but that doesn't leave much left for "blast." fire + lightning, perhaps?

Blast would be wind and lightning wouldn't it?

Tofu #2
Mon, 12-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Fire + Water = BOIL
Fire + Earth = LAVA
Fire + Lightning =
Fire + Wind =
Water + Earth = WOOD
Water + Lightning = STORM
Water + Wind = ICE
Earth + Lightning =
Earth + Wind = DUST??
Lightning + Wind =

scorch & blast are leftover, leaving 2 unknown.

Kishi probably already forgot about this to be honest.

UChessmaster
Mon, 12-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Who uses storm?

Tofu #2
Mon, 12-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Who uses storm?

darui, according to naruto wiki

FelixZeroAlastor
Tue, 12-28-2010, 03:06 AM
This chapter gives me hope for a sound 5 resurrection.

Sam98034
Tue, 12-28-2010, 04:57 AM
Who uses storm?
Halle Berry

MFauli
Thu, 12-30-2010, 05:34 PM
this chapter saddens me. there was a lot of rushing in the last 10-20 chapters, but introducing the seven swordsmen of the hidden mist just like that as some simple summons feels extremely cheap. like, there was originally supposed to be a real, fully developed story, and now all we´re getting is a glimpse at what they look like. sigh :<(

not to mention that all these kekkei genkais feel like im reading one piece, double-sigh...

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 12-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Ah since in the 3rd movie there is this dude with many KG like Swift element etc. Don't be surprised if it turns out to be percentage mixtures. Like 70% Wind and 30 % Lightning.

But it's most likely that Kishi has forgotten it. I mean Shikamaru's shadow bind also hasn't been explained.

Sidnne
Fri, 12-31-2010, 08:19 PM
this chapter saddens me. there was a lot of rushing in the last 10-20 chapters, but introducing the seven swordsmen of the hidden mist just like that as some simple summons feels extremely cheap. like, there was originally supposed to be a real, fully developed story, and now all we´re getting is a glimpse at what they look like. sigh :<(

not to mention that all these kekkei genkais feel like im reading one piece, double-sigh...

The people on these forums tend to nit-pick about the dumbest things, but you take it to another level.

Sam98034
Sat, 01-01-2011, 09:45 PM

Who said there was supposed to be one?

poopdeville
Tue, 01-11-2011, 02:28 PM

120/(6*2)=10
so far:
what else did we have?

I don't know that 5-choose-2 is the max number. I don't see why somebody can't mix three elements. So that's (5-choose-2) + (5-choose-3) possible combinations, at least. 20 mixed elements. 25 if mixing 4 elements is possible. 26 if mixing 5 elements is possible. Presumably, Pein is evidence that mixing 5 elements is possible.

Actually, if we include using 0 elements (like Rock Lee) and one element, we see that there are

Sum_{i=0 to i=5} (n-choose-i) = 2^5 combinations. One of my favorite combinatorial identities, joining combinations of things taken i at a time with the power set operator.

UChessmaster
Tue, 01-11-2011, 03:18 PM
I don't see why somebody can't mix three elements.

Because they only have 2 hands?

Tofu #2
Tue, 01-11-2011, 04:11 PM
what if they used kage bunshin

UChessmaster
Tue, 01-11-2011, 04:14 PM
what if they used kage bunshin

Considering Kage Bunshin is not a hard technique to learn, and the fact that so far no one has been seen doing something like that, i`m going to go with "it won`t work", of course that can change.

poopdeville
Tue, 01-11-2011, 05:03 PM
We've already seen people mix 3. The current Mizukage can. And the Sage of the Six Paths mixes 5.

Tofu #2
Tue, 01-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't see why somebody can't mix three elements.

We've already seen people mix 3. The current Mizukage can. And the Sage of the Six Paths mixes 5.

wut :confused:

The mizukage isn't mixing 3 together, she can mix 3 in 2 different ways, which doesn't really count

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 01-12-2011, 03:10 AM
If that's the case, then why couldn't Kakuzu combine multiples with all his hearts?

Assertn
Wed, 01-12-2011, 04:18 AM
If that's the case, then why couldn't Kakuzu combine multiples with all his hearts?

Because mixing elements requires a bloodlimit, not just affinities to multiple elements.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 01-12-2011, 11:19 AM
which brings up the question: why didn't he try to get a bloodline heart?

EpyonNext
Wed, 01-12-2011, 12:01 PM
I was curious about something. On page 11, in the bottom right panel we see 3 leaf ninjas: Asuma, a Hyuuga whom I presume to be Neji's father, and a third leaf ninja I cant seem to place. Anyone know who it is?

Marik
Wed, 01-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I was curious about something. On page 11, in the bottom right panel we see 3 leaf ninjas: Asuma, a Hyuuga whom I presume to be Neji's father, and a third leaf ninja I cant seem to place. Anyone know who it is?

It's Tsunade's old boyfriend Dan. (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Dan)