PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 607

Marik
Thu, 12-09-2010, 05:40 AM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e733mz1mc6y8c3k) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/tbbkg0) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/34449417/1)

Archangel
Thu, 12-09-2010, 06:47 AM
That was a fun chapter, Usopp was pretty impressive back there

RyougaZell
Thu, 12-09-2010, 09:18 AM
So they finally arrived at Fishman Island... and first encounter is with a guy with Arlong's crest? Interesting.

Assertn
Thu, 12-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Strange, if Arlong was supposed to be the leader, then this guy can't be stronger than him. He also has the sun crest, though with some weird decapitated person symbol in it.

Splash!
Thu, 12-09-2010, 01:32 PM
I suddenly get the feeling that Jimbei might not be that much of a bigshot either when it comes to fishmen...

Archangel
Thu, 12-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Strange, if Arlong was supposed to be the leader, then this guy can't be stronger than him.
1, these are the NEW fishman pirates and 2, who said he is?

I suddenly get the feeling that Jimbei might not be that much of a bigshot either when it comes to fishmen...
He seemed to be the man, but who knows how much shit has changed in these 2 years?

Death BOO Z
Thu, 12-09-2010, 11:01 PM
1, these are the NEW fishman pirates and 2, who said he is?

He seemed to be the man, but who knows how much shit has changed in these 2 years?

you sound like claymore, right after the time skip.
"your era is over, old lady, we are now far stronger than you!"

remember how that went for them? they soiled themselves.

FireEmblem
Thu, 12-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Arlong was the leader....of the "Arlong" Pirates.

Splash!
Thu, 12-09-2010, 11:40 PM

Its just that his school of whale sharks look pretty lousy in comparison these tamed Krakken size monsters now.

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 12-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Interesting....so another person besides Luffy challenged/beat up a celestial dragon and was a fishman too. I wonder when fisher tiger will show up :) I love how Oda casually plants future possible plot points in a sentence.

Looks to be very interesting!

Splash!
Fri, 12-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Interesting....so another person besides Luffy challenged/beat up a celestial dragon and was a fishman too. I wonder when fisher tiger will show up :)

You seem to have missed a bunch of previous chapters? Hancock has already mentioned who he was and what he did. Oh, and he died a while back...

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Fisher_Tiger

Archangel
Fri, 12-10-2010, 08:52 AM
you sound like claymore, right after the time skip.
"your era is over, old lady, we are now far stronger than you!"

remember how that went for them? they soiled themselves.
I'm not saying they ARE stronger, only that it's a possibility

Its just that his school of whale sharks look pretty lousy in comparison these tamed Krakken size monsters now.
It might just be a matter of depth, regardless of how badass you are i don't think you could summon these monsters to the surface. They might not even survive it.

rockmanj
Fri, 12-10-2010, 10:18 AM
And they are in the fishmen's natural habitat. In terms of survivability, the fishmen would naturally be superior.

Splash!
Fri, 12-10-2010, 06:25 PM
It might just be a matter of depth, regardless of how badass you are i don't think you could summon these monsters to the surface. They might not even survive it.

The fishmen seem to be able to cope with the changes in pressure just fine. If a fishman can handle it, why not one of these monsters?

I guess it depends on their biology. IF San Juan Wolf is indeed an Umibozu, then it doesn't seem to be a problem for him either..

Sentenal
Sun, 12-12-2010, 01:49 AM
The fishmen seem to be able to cope with the changes in pressure just fine. If a fishman can handle it, why not one of these monsters?

I guess it depends on their biology. IF San Juan Wolf is indeed an Umibozu, then it doesn't seem to be a problem for him either..
Who says Fishmen can just control any fish they want? Those Whale Sharks back at Impel Down were obviously Jimbei's friend. Who is to say Jimbei is friends with these Sea Monsters? And even if that isn't the case, seeing as how Sea Monsters this large are all the way at the very bottom of the ocean, calling them back then wouldn't have done much good anyway, since everyone would have drowned before they would have arrived.

Splash!
Sun, 12-12-2010, 02:41 AM
Who says Fishmen can just control any fish they want? Those Whale Sharks back at Impel Down were obviously Jimbei's friend. Who is to say Jimbei is friends with these Sea Monsters?

There is probably more than just friendship between these larger monsters and the fishmen. I see no reason why they couldn't have been tamed, judging by the Krakken's expression of fear.

And I am not saying that it would have made sense to summon these monsters in that situation or that Jimbei couldn't if he wanted to. But if there are fishmen that can tame such beasts, they are probably stronger than what I would have originally anticipated (nothing like Arlong's crew), which makes me wonder how Jimbei would rate against them.

chambers
Sun, 12-12-2010, 05:05 AM
just because these monsters are huge doesnt mean they are stronger, for lack of a better expression, than the whale sharks. If OP has taught is one thing its that size REALLY doesnt matter, look at moohmooh as an example.

Splash!
Sun, 12-12-2010, 12:55 PM
just because these monsters are huge doesnt mean they are stronger, for lack of a better expression, than the whale sharks. If OP has taught is one thing its that size REALLY doesnt matter, look at moohmooh as an example.

Are you telling me that a whale shark is stronger than a Krakken? I am not buying into that. And while size isn't the most important factor in determining one's strength, I would definitely disagree with this statement: "If OP has taught is one thing its that size REALLY doesnt matter". Among wild animals at least, size DOES matter. Also there is something to be said about the physical stature of humans like Whitebeard, Admirals, Garp, Sengoku, Kong etc. Of course there are alot more exceptions amongst humans, but Oda definitely likes making alot of strong characters big.

Assertn
Sun, 12-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Mohmoo was smaller than the Kracken, who's smaller than these new creatures.
What's the comparison?

chambers
Mon, 12-13-2010, 06:27 AM
actually i guess it makes sense given that all the important chars are almost giants....