PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 606

Marik
Thu, 12-02-2010, 06:28 AM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?du8l9yu1ak7uqka) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/oiwkvt) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/30527037/1)

Archangel
Thu, 12-02-2010, 06:43 AM
This is so boring, i just want them to get to the fishmen already

Dark Dragon
Thu, 12-02-2010, 07:04 AM
The start of every big One Piece arc except Arabasta has been pretty underwhelming. It's just taking time to introduce all the set pieces and reveal more about the world. I was wondering if Oda was ever going to use the flying dutchman because most pirate stories reference it some ways.

chambers
Thu, 12-02-2010, 07:54 AM
that large humanoid creature has GOT to be related to juan san wolf right? they look almost identicle in the shape of there heads and it would explain how he can swim like a ship, because his home is the sea!

Archangel
Thu, 12-02-2010, 07:56 AM
that large humanoid creature has GOT to be related to juan san wolf right? they look almost identicle in the shape of there heads and it would explain how he can swim like a ship, because his home is the sea!
I thought so too, Oda doesn't do sameface like other authors so there must be a reason for them to be so similar.

RyougaZell
Thu, 12-02-2010, 09:28 AM
It would explain Wolf's size as well.

It was indeed inevitable that the Straw Hats would encounter the Flying Dutchman while under the sea. True, it didn't really add much now... but they'll probably become this arc's 'ally' after Nami gets them away from the volcano with her knowledge.

Caribou gets more dissapoiting each chapter. He's a lower. The crew should throw him already.

LOL at the tamed Kraken.

animus
Thu, 12-02-2010, 09:30 AM
I really liked the chapter, tbh. I always liked the travelling, intrigue and mystery aspect of the series.

TwisT
Thu, 12-02-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm with animus on this one. Nothing at all to complain about. It's nice with a little slower pace. You just know it's gonna pick up eventually anyways. Besides it's not like the pages are filled with random BS, drawn out scenes or just plain nothingness.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 12-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Man so much complaining. Thought most people would be happy to see the straw hats together doing some old-fashioned adventuring. I think it's because we became so spoiled from the Whitebeard War which was so jam-packed with all of the big greats of the one piece universe duking it out that unless we get luffy fighting a yankou won't be satisfied.

Although I am curious as to where Oda is going with this. There's some info I'm dying to find out like:

-Where do the supernova's stand in the post time-jump world
-What's Blackbeard up to? Has he replaced whitebeard as an official yankou yet?
-Who is the new fleet admiral?

Hoping once we get to fishman island might get some answers as to the state of things in the post-whitebeard war.

Assertn
Thu, 12-02-2010, 12:22 PM
The only thing that's frustrating about it is that everyone seems so vulnerable at this depth. It's amazing that anybody ever makes it to fishman island.

Edit: Also, hopefully people will stop arguing about whether or not Caribou is a logia now.

RyougaZell
Thu, 12-02-2010, 12:39 PM
The only thing that's frustrating about it is that everyone seems so vulnerable at this depth. It's amazing that anybody ever makes it to fishman island.

I guess this is one of the reasons everyone thinks that those that venture upon 'The New World' are awesome. Kinda like those on the 4 seas are surprised/scared of those entering The Grand Line.

Trafalgar Law probably laughs at everyone with his submarine.

FireEmblem
Thu, 12-02-2010, 01:06 PM
This was a great chapter. I've always been a big fan of the adventure parts of One Piece. I think they really set it apart from other shounen manga's.

Anyone notice that Franky has gotten like brutally more awesome and reliable?

Without these kinds of chapters, I would be very disappointed with the journey to the New World. There was a big (but smaller by comparison) sense of risk and danger when they first entered the Grand Line and when they first entered Skypiea. It's only natural for things to be this way, for the sake of consistency.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 12-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Although what's the reason they need to go through fishman island again? Honestly I don't see why they can't plow through Marineford again and just be on their merry way.

I mean luffy, jimbei, and reileigh were able to single pretty much have their way with the place and figure there isn't a consolidation of power like before so if the newly reformed strawhats decided they could easily plow their way through.

But yeah adventure chapters are nice change of pace and it's cool to get a sense of awe from the natural world again despite the fact that most giant critters Luffy can punch into submission.

Also I loled pretty hard during the scene with curibou sitting in the barrel scheming with his molester tongue action and franky just slowly approaching him from the side.

chambers
Thu, 12-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Although what's the reason they need to go through fishman island again? Honestly I don't see why they can't plow through Marineford again and just be on their merry way.

I mean luffy, jimbei, and reileigh were able to single pretty much have their way with the place and figure there isn't a consolidation of power like before so if the newly reformed strawhats decided they could easily plow their way through.

But yeah adventure chapters are nice change of pace and it's cool to get a sense of awe from the natural world again despite the fact that most giant critters Luffy can punch into submission.

Also I loled pretty hard during the scene with curibou sitting in the barrel scheming with his molester tongue action and franky just slowly approaching him from the side.

you have to go where the log pose points remember? if it points to fishman island you have to go there and wait for how long it takes to reset which could be months for all we know! i think since thriller bark was not an island and shabondy and the whitebeard war didnt have need of the pose some people forgot the sense of urgency it placed on previous adventures!

RyougaZell
Thu, 12-02-2010, 03:27 PM

You are quite lost. Marineford isn't the marines path to the New World. The path is the Holy City of Marijoa (spelling may be wrong) at the top of the Red Line (the wall). And security is quite heavy there since its the homeplace of the Tenryubito and Gorosei.

Assertn
Thu, 12-02-2010, 09:06 PM
You don't see the Yonkou strolling through Mariejoa, so what makes you think the strawhats could? I'd say at best the strawhats could maybe go on par with an admiral, but anything more than that at this point would be suicide.

Besides, haven't you learned already from the Skypeia arc that Luffy doesn't care about taking the easy route?

betatesterz
Fri, 12-03-2010, 12:14 AM
thanks for the chapter!

Kenco
Fri, 12-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Franky is pretty awesome. He still remains quite the handy man (pointing out the new side compartment of tools he had installed into his right forearm). What did he seal that barrel up with to keep in a logia?

I enjoy these adventure chapters. Yes its no battle scene but necessary to help set up the environment and the surroundings of the new arc.

Archangel
Fri, 12-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Franky is pretty awesome. He still remains quite the handy man (pointing out the new side compartment of tools he had installed into his right forearm). What did he seal that barrel up with to keep in a logia?

He's not the immaterial kind of Logia nor one of low density. Keeping him bound to that barrel doesn't seem all that impossible.