PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 518

Marik
Wed, 11-24-2010, 07:29 PM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pvnfyamz4maky68) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/6xfllj) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/58994877/1)

anime nomad
Wed, 11-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Rather lame that we didn't get to see Sai and his brother fight.
I'm disappointed that the secrete to destroying the zombies will lie in convincing the zombie to remember who they were or some other significant event in the zombies life, that makes for extremely boring reading and somewhat trivializes the potential awesomeness of the encounters.

I suppose thats why Orochimaru killed the personality of his zombies - in order to prevent this from happening.

apparently Immortality breeds laziness and complacency. the ambush squad would never have succeeded in capturing Deidara and Sasori had they been alive imo.

Thanks for the upload

Patriot
Wed, 11-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Weak. Totally killed the awesomeness of it all. Also thought another topic, naruto vs his dad would have been cool too. Fail at that now even if it were to happen.

toonice714
Wed, 11-24-2010, 08:38 PM
This fight was actually pretty good. I'm hopeful that they don't botch the ones that follow. That felt like the first actual ninja bout that took place in god knows how many chapters. I think the plot device with sai's brother was cheap but atleast that means we won't have to see him or that book again......which means he can DIE! Not like he has any other purpose later anyways. Well aside from another slight rematch with sasuke as fodder for naruto's fury. I'm glad kankuro(sp?) beat sasori without making their craft seem lame. I gained a new found respect for the marionette technique

-=DS=-S.W.A.T3
Wed, 11-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Who knows maybe if that hidden coffin is naruto's father he wants to test out his son to his limit =) and we get to see some sick flash moves

Archangel
Wed, 11-24-2010, 11:06 PM
It's the power of love~

Assertn
Wed, 11-24-2010, 11:38 PM
"Sasori! You were never meant to be someone else's puppet!"
(Sasori facepalms. Sasori passes on)

"Deidara! Art only truly becomes great after the artist has long been dead!"
"Wtf? Omg" (Deidara passes on)

"Zabuza! Your sword's been fucked up. What you gonna do now?"
(Zabuza passes on)

"Haku! The times have changed. Society has become more tolerant of transgender."
"Zabuza-san, I love you" (Haku passes on)

Sam98034
Thu, 11-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Good thing Sasuke told Omoi about Deidara's lightning weakness.

Archangel
Thu, 11-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Yeah this chapter had a lot of "I heard that i'm supposed to say this because plot"

FireEmblem
Thu, 11-25-2010, 03:27 AM

Good thing Kakashi already fought Deidara and also happens to own the Sharingan and also happens to be a smart motherfucker. Or that Kabuto gave them a book with information on Akatsuki.:rolleyes:

betatesterz
Thu, 11-25-2010, 05:49 AM
this chap is surprisingly decent!

DB_Hunter
Thu, 11-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Naruto is gonna single handedly get rid of all these zombies now. Kabutoro better start sticking in the zombie tags quick time.

Psyke
Thu, 11-25-2010, 06:58 AM
Ok so all the zombies will either die by being overcome by guilt, having their life wishes fulfilled, or by converting to a good guy. Assertn is so right.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 11-25-2010, 07:47 AM
"I know it cheapens the value of my masterwork if I use it repeatedly, but I have no choice! mmmm."

And there it is, kishi's poorly veiled appeal for forgiveness and understanding...

Assertn
Thu, 11-25-2010, 03:50 PM
The great ninja war 3: The war fought with emotions

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-25-2010, 04:24 PM
The great ninja war 3: The war fought with emotions

Next we will see Naruto dressed in a purple dinosaur suit singining his love for Sasuke and every zombie will pass on... due to brain death...

MFauli
Thu, 11-25-2010, 04:31 PM
wow...WOW!
Thatīs ridiculous bad! :D
So Kishimoto really put the solution to a bullshit "make peace with them, let them rest in peace"-cop out. just wow.

Also, how was Akatsuki ever a threat? Defeated like fodder nins. sigh, kishimoto, further taking a dump on the time your manga was great.

rockmanj
Thu, 11-25-2010, 05:06 PM
I am divided on this chapter...one thing I did like is how twisted Deidara is. He was totally willing to keep blowing Sai's brother up, which is a sick and awesome tactic.

Sam98034
Fri, 11-26-2010, 01:43 AM
Hm... it feels kind of like in Bleach when they started just one-shotting Menos Grande, even though they were supposed to be extremely powerful hollows.

Assertn
Fri, 11-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Sasori looked kind of lost without his puppets.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-26-2010, 08:07 AM
He was absolute crap. If he had the firepower he had when he fought Sakura, the fight wouldn't even last a minute.

Sam98034
Sat, 11-27-2010, 09:04 AM
He was absolute crap. If he had the firepower he had when he fought Sakura, the fight wouldn't even last a minute.

Heck, just poison everyone--game over.

toinks2010
Sat, 11-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Kabuto told that he did'nt erase all the memories and feelings of the people that he revived and its been a disadvantage.. It's look corny but every skill has its cons.. Its a good thing the alliance have intel bout akatsuki but their problem is those not akatsuki specially Hanzo i can't wait for Hanzo's turn! hahaha!

Sam98034
Sat, 11-27-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm hoping for the best there, too. I can't see it happening, though. Hanzo was able to womp on the 3 Sannin in a 3 vs. 1, so he's a pretty big badass. If he gets defeated, it would take a lot away from it. The only way he can die and keep his legendary status would be to be defeated by 4 Kages or something like that.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 11-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Question:

I'm willing to believe that Kabutoro can somehow bring back to life all the zombies, and for some stupid reason he chose to bring them back with personality, and that he chose to bring back also fairly useless zombies (seriously, Dan and Nawiki? Asuma and Zabuza? you have the guy that beat the three ninjas, and the guy who beat him, why the fuck?).

but how the fuck did he know about Haku?
he wasn't a registered ninja, he was trained solely by Zabuza, and his entire family was supposedly dead. the only people who knew about him were team 7. If I remember right, that mission still counted as a C rank mission (I think that's what appears when Kabuto flashes his ninjadex cards before the chunin exam), so it hasn't been made official (although, the hokage probablt heard the details from Kakashi, discussing how the kyubi acted out) and published in the public records (of the secret ninja village).

how the hell does he know about Haku?

SilentSnake
Mon, 11-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Question:

I'm willing to believe that Kabutoro can somehow bring back to life all the zombies, and for some stupid reason he chose to bring them back with personality, and that he chose to bring back also fairly useless zombies (seriously, Dan and Nawiki? Asuma and Zabuza? you have the guy that beat the three ninjas, and the guy who beat him, why the fuck?).

he wasn't a registered ninja, he was trained solely by Zabuza, and his entire family was supposedly dead. the only people who knew about him were team 7. If I remember right, that mission still counted as a C rank mission (I think that's what appears when Kabuto flashes his ninjadex cards before the chunin exam), so it hasn't been made official (although, the hokage probablt heard the details from Kakashi, discussing how the kyubi acted out) and published in the public records (of the secret ninja village).

Sasuke could have told him when they were all a happy family in Michael Jackson's mansion.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 11-29-2010, 01:12 PM
yeah, I figured that could happen. IN HELL.

very likely that Sasuke would confess to Orochimaru how he almost gave up his life to protect Naruto. It's very possible that Sasuke, after nearly killing Naruto, would relive and share the story of how he and Naruto first bonded.
besides, it seems that Kabutoro brought some of the zombies to life for the emotional shock, and Sasuke wasn't aware of Naruto's and Haku's mutual crush on each other.

Sam98034
Mon, 11-29-2010, 11:49 PM
There are two explanations as I see it. Kabuto may have all of Sasgay's memories in him since Oro went in Sasgay's head at some point, and since Oro and Kabuto are now one, it would seem reasonable that Kabuto knows a lot about Sasgay.

The other explanation is that Kubo and Kishi went out for a couple of drinks and, as a prank, decided to switch mangas for a couple of weeks because it's been so long and they're getting bored of their own mangas. Unfortunately, Kubo only read the beginning of Kishi's manga, and Kishi only read the beginning of Kubo's manga.

Janusz
Tue, 11-30-2010, 06:01 AM
Question:

Seriously? There is an army of regenerating zombies that retained their original personalities yet fight their former friends and can only be defeated by the Power of Love and your biggest gripe is 'Kabuto couldn't have known about Haku'? Seriously?

rockmanj
Tue, 11-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Question:

I am pretty sure that there are reports filed for every mission (evidenced by the paperwork that Tsunade complains about). And Kabuto was/is a spy. I am sure he had men on the inside that had access to those reports.

Assertn
Tue, 11-30-2010, 01:37 PM
I am pretty sure that there are reports filed for every mission (evidenced by the paperwork that Tsunade complains about). And Kabuto was/is a spy. I am sure he had men on the inside that had access to those reports.

Except I don't believe Zabuza/Haku was ever mentioned in Kakashi's report. If they were, then the report would have been filed as an A or S ranked mission, which the wave country was unable to afford.

Edort4
Tue, 11-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Ninjas are expensive huh? ... It must be because they have very long retirement pensions with all those reappearances even after dead...

Well, seing how things go lately in the manga anything is possible. Even that Kabutaro has a red eye that, can see and, allows to speak with the deceased so he knows every gossip out there. Paparazzi jutsu or whatever Kishi wants to vomit us now.

Assertn
Tue, 11-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Maybe its a new doujutsu that allows Kabutoro to see the world through the eyes of the viewing audience, thus granting him foresight into all of the details that would otherwise have only been familiar to us.

Edit: By the way, this could also mean he's reading this thread right now.

Archangel
Tue, 11-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Edit: By the way, this could also mean he's reading this thread right now.

Should we troll him?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 11-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Hahha! ohh you guys.

Or perhaps he's seen at least sasuke's memories.

No wait this makes more sense, pretty sure kishi said something like.... They're the souls the of the dead that couldnt break on thru? When he was explaining the zombies a chapter or two back. Maybe he just saw a handful of souls next to the big juicy Hanzo sized ones and dipped in his snake.

Sidnne
Wed, 12-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Maybe he resurrected Zabuza first, and then Zabuza was like "Hey, where the hell is Haku?" And then Kabutoro was like "Haku, eh? That's a pretty name...I'll zombify him too!"

Sam98034
Wed, 12-01-2010, 02:43 AM
I think we should all agree that there is absolutely no good explanation. Kishi missed these guys and just wanted to bring them back. Since this part of the story includes bringing back to life zombies, I'm sure Kishi is just having fun bringing back to life anyone he wants to for a little bit.

rockmanj
Wed, 12-01-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm still sticking with reported data. Even though the price would have gone up and caused that other country problems, don't you think it would be important to report something like that?

Assertn
Wed, 12-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm still sticking with reported data. Even though the price would have gone up and caused that other country problems, don't you think it would be important to report something like that?

Kabuto's ninja info cards showed that Naruto hadn't completed a mission higher than C rank during the chuunin exams, so that would mean the hokage never gave him credit for contributing to that fight if they DID end up reporting it.

SilentSnake
Wed, 12-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Kabuto was always the "intel" guy, so it's likely that he asked sasuke about various ninjas and other things he came across.

Sasuke didn't have to reveal any emotional, spicy details about his encounters after all ;)

rockmanj
Wed, 12-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Kabuto's ninja info cards showed that Naruto hadn't completed a mission higher than C rank during the chuunin exams, so that would mean the hokage never gave him credit for contributing to that fight if they DID end up reporting it.

Or, seeing as he was an old sap, he kept the current ranking of the mission so he did not have to overcharge the bridge country (or whatever) and likely has it as a footnote. I know I am reading way too into this, but it is a kind of slow day at work.

poopdeville
Wed, 12-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Maybe he resurrected Zabuza first, and then Zabuza was like "Hey, where the hell is Haku?" And then Kabutoro was like "Haku, eh? That's a pretty name...I'll zombify him too!"

I hate to say it, but this makes some sense. Zabuza could easily have been like "Well, I have to work with you since you're the zombie master, but I work better with my servant boy Haku. He has a bloodline limit."

It's not totally implausible that Haku is back, just a glaring omission that his return wasn't explained explicitly.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 12-02-2010, 01:40 AM
yeah, the Zabuza thing also doesn't work for me...
A. a few chapters ago, we saw Zabuza and Haku talking and they said "we have no idea how we got here", so it's not really likely that they met Kabutoro.
B.lets say that Zabuza did meet Kabutuoro, why would he talk about Haku? when he died he pretty much said that even if there's an afterlife, he doesn't expect to meet Haku there (since Haku was pure and Zabuza was awesome). I can easily imagine Zabuza deciding that working as a zombie was 'punishment' for his past life, and wouldn't want to make Haku suffer through this.

C. Back to Sasuke. Did Sasuke even know about Haku's identity? didn't he get nailed before exposing Haku's true face? can you resurrect someone who you don't even know his true name\face?

basically, the only two living people who knew about Haku were Kakashi and Naruto. Sakura was too occupied with guarding the old man and couldn't see anything because of all the mist.

it can be either:
Kakashi -> 3rd hokage (mission report, super secret) -> Kabuto.
or Naruto -> Sasuke (maybe through Sakura, though very unlikely) -> Orochimaru\Kabuto (Ninja sharing time?)

again, other than shock damage to Naruto (and Naruto alone, it's not like any other ninja in the world would give a shit if Haku shows up), what's the point of bringing haku back to life? every leaf chunin (well, not Iruka, of course) could smack his silly-billy ass around town.

and the worst part of this shit fest? I'm willing to bet that Haku doesn't even get to be in the starting rooster of the next fighting game, and is only available as DLC.

(really, if this arc is about something, it's DLC)

Psyke
Thu, 12-02-2010, 01:59 AM
All those info were wikileaked. :p

But honestly, even if there was a suitable answer, it will just be a way to convince ourselves that they aren't back because the fans wanted them.

But one reason all these "intel" came about could be due to the civilians, or those who witnessed fights from the dead characters. Hearsay -> legends.