PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 517

Marik
Wed, 11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?panoz8831rsdcz8) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/gtah3c) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/96649938/1)

toonice714
Wed, 11-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Man sai's brother looks like sakura....damn the japanese and their effeminate male figures.

Anyways I don't think there are a lot of ninja who will be strong enough to completely incapacitate hokage level immortal zombies....there better be some impressive sealing jutsu.

rockmanj
Wed, 11-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh, no...Anko T.T

MFauli
Wed, 11-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Lol, this continues to be so stupid :D

Does Kishimoto really intend to fuck up power levles even more by giving these good guys a chance against two Akatsuki members? Shouldnt even be a real fight.

And I still cant get over the ridiculous fact how THE dead persons are brought back to life. Not their body/ability, but their actualy personality. That means there is an actual afterlife, lol. Just to make this clear: If people KNOW that death is not the end, then why care about ALL of it :D

And dito, didnt know Sakura was Sai´s brother.

poopdeville
Wed, 11-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh, no...Anko T.T

Yup. Kabuto is pretty lame to help Madara over Konoha.

WHERE IS ONE PIECE

Assertn
Wed, 11-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Kakashi should ask Zabuza if he got to join Haku in the afterlife as he predicted.
That would be a great way to sodomize the solemn farewell they had at the end of the first arc.

Carnage
Wed, 11-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Yup. Kabuto is pretty lame to help Madara over Konoha.

WHERE IS ONE PIECE

There is no One Piece this week.

poopdeville
Wed, 11-17-2010, 08:13 PM
NOOOOO D:

Lol I got a "fuck you" for this post. Did you miss the memo? One Piece is miles better than Naruto.

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 11-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Soo... they can't be killed unless everyone knows the 4th's sealing technique because there is no way that they will immobilize those 2...

Sam98034
Thu, 11-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Why Sai's brother out of nowhere?

Assertn
Thu, 11-18-2010, 12:09 AM
The idea of having an ambush squad is pretty cool. Not sure how realistically useful an ambush squad of four ninjas is against an army of 200000 ninjas, though. Of course, considering that the entire enemy army consists of clones and zombies, it really just feels like these guys were just sent out to die.

Psyke
Thu, 11-18-2010, 01:51 AM
Why Sai's brother out of nowhere?

And we can already predict all the upcoming matches and how they will coincidentally bump into each other.

6Zabuza9
Thu, 11-18-2010, 02:09 AM
They got to blow em up to pieces and bury them. Fucking now we've just got a crapload of Hidans in battle.

Psyke
Thu, 11-18-2010, 03:18 AM
Poor Hidan must be thinking why isn't he dead.

MFauli
Thu, 11-18-2010, 06:28 AM
Hidan´s going to be the ultimate secret counter-weapon of Shikamaru´s all-deciding master plan. You just watch. Something like

Noise from Shikamaru´s backpack: "Mrmrbnmgh!"
Shikamaru: "Shut up, I told you."
The undead and clones arrive
Shikamaru opens his bag and takes Hidan´s head out of it.
Hidan: "You damn-!"
Shikamaru: "I dont have time for this. Listen, you´ll cast your immortality jutsu on the all of the united ninja army!"
Hidan: "LOLFUSRISLYGTFO!"
Shikamaru: "Wanna go back into that pitch black hole, burried alive?"
Hidan: ".... alrighty, damnfucker!"
Hidan uses up the chakra he saved during his long wait beneath the earth.
We see some of Shikamaru´s friend taking lethal hits...but not dying. Once again, Shikamaru, the real hero of the manga, saved the day.

rockmanj
Thu, 11-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Hmmm, Hidan would be useful for immobilization, but I doubt he would be willing to help the ninja out. Don't the zombies' limbs reform if blown off? Too bad Boa Hancock isn't in this manga.

Carnage
Thu, 11-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Now that I think about it, the Hokages shouldn't have been able to be resurrected because their souls are stuck in the Death God's stoma.....oh fuck it.

darkshadow
Thu, 11-18-2010, 09:19 AM
What hokages have been resurrected?...

MFauli
Thu, 11-18-2010, 09:51 AM
btw the only thing that could make the manga awesome again for me, would be if Kabuto revived Orochimaru (assuming he IS dead), and consequently Orochimaru somehow knowing a way of coming back to life for good, creating a third source of danger that exists for its own goals, attacking both Madara and the ninjas. Haha

Orochimaru <3

darkshadow
Thu, 11-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Isn't oro just trapped in genjutsu hell? No resurrection for him ;o.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 11-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Isn't oro just trapped in genjutsu hell? No resurrection for him ;o.

Technically genjutsu bliss isn't it?

Death BOO Z
Thu, 11-18-2010, 01:01 PM
so, as I said, even killing Kabutoro wouldn't end the resurrection jutsu.
funderfull.
just kill Kabutoro and gain instant allies. really, even Akatsuki members might be a bit pissed at Madare for screwing them over like this.

I loled at goatee naruto (p4, bottom left panel), didn't care for Sai's brother. I don't think anyone cares about Sai. his abilities are almost as broken as Madare's, and no one called him on this.

chambers
Thu, 11-18-2010, 02:23 PM
btw the only thing that could make the manga awesome again for me, would be if Kabuto revived Orochimaru (assuming he IS dead), and consequently Orochimaru somehow knowing a way of coming back to life for good, creating a third source of danger that exists for its own goals, attacking both Madara and the ninjas. Haha

Orochimaru <3

You serioulsy dont think that thats what is going on anyway? there is no way kabutoro would help our madara unless there was somthing in it for kabutoro, and as we have seen with sasuke im sure oro wouldnt have let himself die that easy without inserting somthing into kabuto.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 11-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Honestly even in combat Sai has been a complete utter disappointment and failure. I honestly don't think he's had any major/badass victories or fights in the entire manga. Most other ninjas seem able to dispose of his ink beasts with no effort what-so-ever. I'd say his introduction was one of the biggest missteps in the entire series.

God I hope he gets killed by sasori. I also hope sasori does something a little more exciting then just controlling live people. I mean didn't he have something like 300 plus human puppets? Would like it better if he pulled one of those out.

MFauli
Thu, 11-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Didnt Sai draw Naruto Kyuubi-level 4 when that one was fighting Orochimaru? Still waiting for something to come out of this.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 11-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Never was a big Sai fan either but he finally had a badass omgwtfpwndu moment. Thought that was a cool page.

MFauli your posts are like the saving grace of this thread. Hidan + Shikimaru = <3 If they brought back that dynamic duo I'd blow a fanboy load.

Deidara continues to be one of the best villains of the series. So glad he's back for all the action. We didn't get to see enough fighting from him or any of the akatsuki this is a cool way to give them more depth to their capabilities. Anyone who says this whole zombie plot is lame is just being a pessimist. This arc is shaping out to be the best of them all, Kishi definitely saved the best for last.

I hope Kankuro's squad comes out on top but at this point I won't bother guessing what the outcome will be. It could go either way.

DDBen
Thu, 11-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Am I the only one who thinks its odd that Jiraiya of all people isn't among the "noteable ninja's"?

Its been proven you don't need the persons body to use the jutsu and being pain supposedly killed him there is zero reason he wouldn't be among the ones Kabuto choose to bring back unless we are going to find out he isn't dead at some point. I mean no funeral and no body and no resurrection for a major battle like this how can we not expect something to be pulled with him when he's arguably the most important character to have "died" in the story.

Sam98034
Fri, 11-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Jiraiya is probably being saved up to fight Naruto. It will be Madara or Kabutoro's trump card.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 11-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Jiraiya won't be able to defeat Naruto, since he won't be able to enter sage mode without the help of the two frogs. So Naruto in Sage mode should easily be able to take care of him. Even without that, since he now has free access to Kyuubi's chakra, he should be unstoppable.

Unless, Jiraiya is used to mess with his head and/or out manouvers Naruto with sheer experience.

Another point of interest, would the resurrections be able to use their summons? Does the summon contract end at the point of death?

Assertn
Fri, 11-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I will say one thing, I do enjoy seeing Deidara and Sasori actually fighting as a team. That was something left to be desired from their introductory arc.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 11-19-2010, 04:27 PM
As much as Zombijiraiya sounds great I see naruto's ultimate test being fighting the 4th. Seeing how Oro almost rezed the 4th back during his fight against sarutobi I don't see why Kabuto can't finish the job seeing how he's revived every other obscure character from the series.

also love it how kimmaro is back but none of the other sound 4 made the cut.

poopdeville
Fri, 11-19-2010, 08:54 PM
I can sort of picture a Naruto vs Yondaime fight, especially since Kishi pulled Naruto using Body Flicker almost out of nowhere a few chapters back.

Sam98034
Sat, 11-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Naruto vs. the 4th...ionno, that's a little too much, dun ya think?

DB_Hunter
Sat, 11-20-2010, 06:34 AM
If that happened, zombie 4th could even try and undo the seal and release Kyuubi. That would deprive Naruto of a massive amount of power, leaving him only with (albeit still very powerful) sage mode.

darkshadow
Sat, 11-20-2010, 07:42 AM
You guys really need to stop the whole Hokage resurrection bullshit.

toinks2010
Sat, 11-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Hidan´s going to be the ultimate secret counter-weapon of Shikamaru´s all-deciding master plan. You just watch. Something like

Noise from Shikamaru´s backpack: "Mrmrbnmgh!"
Shikamaru: "Shut up, I told you."
The undead and clones arrive
Shikamaru opens his bag and takes Hidan´s head out of it.
Hidan: "You damn-!"
Shikamaru: "I dont have time for this. Listen, you´ll cast your immortality jutsu on the all of the united ninja army!"
Hidan: "LOLFUSRISLYGTFO!"
Shikamaru: "Wanna go back into that pitch black hole, burried alive?"
Hidan: ".... alrighty, damnfucker!"
Hidan uses up the chakra he saved during his long wait beneath the earth.
We see some of Shikamaru´s friend taking lethal hits...but not dying. Once again, Shikamaru, the real hero of the manga, saved the day.

hahaha! this funny well everything happen on the story was funny! Its like the no ending dragon ball Z of GT whatever!

toinks2010
Sat, 11-20-2010, 09:35 PM
That's insane! Remember 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th hokage souls are in the stomach of that dead demon... YOU NEED A SOUL TO RESUREC..

Q: Can contact seal can release those people in control from kabutoro??.. Like what 4th did to madara to release the kyuubi under control..

Tofu #2
Sun, 11-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Jiraiya won't be able to defeat Naruto, since he won't be able to enter sage mode without the help of the two frogs. So Naruto in Sage mode should easily be able to take care of him. Even without that, since he now has free access to Kyuubi's chakra, he should be unstoppable.

Unless, Jiraiya is used to mess with his head and/or out manouvers Naruto with sheer experience

Naruto might win if Jiraiya wasn't immortal

rockmanj
Mon, 11-22-2010, 12:57 PM
I wonder if Sakumo has been resurrected. That would be a badass fight between him and his son.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 11-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Naruto might win if Jiraiya wasn't immortal

Touche. Still, Jiraiya was used frogs and when in trouble sage mode. If he is no longer able to do this, that is still a downgrade vs Sage/Kyuubi enhanced Naruto.

Of course, Naruto may just overload him and any other enemy with Sage mode chakra, turning them in to stone statues though I find it hard to think he could do that to his old master.

rockmanj
Mon, 11-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Of course, Naruto may just overload him and any other enemy with Sage mode chakra, turning them in to stone statues though I find it hard to think he could do that to his old master.

I just thought of that. Naruto could basically pump sage chakra into all those zombies, and that would be a solution to their problems. On the other hand, I don't know how he could flow his energy into anyone without them absorbing it. And Jiraiya still has tons of techniques and experience on Naruto. Even though Naruto can throw nuclear bombs, he is nowhere near as bright.

darkshadow
Mon, 11-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Why the hell is this turn to stone bullshit coming back? The only reason Pein turned to stone was because he was draining naruto's chakra.
Naruto doesn't have to ability to randomly turn people into stone.

poopdeville
Mon, 11-22-2010, 07:54 PM
I just thought of that. Naruto could basically pump sage chakra into all those zombies, and that would be a solution to their problems. On the other hand, I don't know how he could flow his energy into anyone without them absorbing it.

Supposedly, that is exactly how genjutsu work. You "pump" chakra into their brain/nervous system and take control of it by swamping their chakra out. If the victim has enough chakra, he can mold a bunch and override the override. In fact, that is why Killer Bee was immune to Sasuke's Sharingan. He explained that a jinchuuriki who can control his bijuu is pretty much immune to genjutsu, because they can call on a huge amount of chakra to override the genjutsu's effects.

Naruto supposedly sucks at genjutsu (and we've never seen him train for it), but he has a couple of techniques that let him manipulate chakra outside of his body, and he really wouldn't need to control a guy's brain -- he'd just have to pump in natural energy.

Also, we can possibly compare this idea to Gedo Mazo's "Instant Kill Ghost" attack from when Pein was fighting Salamander Hanso. Weird "ghost" tentacles came out of the statue and instantly killed anyone they touched. That's unlike anything else we've seen, except for genjutsu (in the way I described above). Maybe that was a "chakra pumping" move that messed up people's nervous systems.

rockmanj
Mon, 11-22-2010, 11:19 PM
I don't think it would work against someone that doesn't drain energy (like Kisame...if he were not dead).

Assertn
Tue, 11-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Supposedly, that is exactly how genjutsu work. You "pump" chakra into their brain/nervous system and take control of it by swamping their chakra out. If the victim has enough chakra, he can mold a bunch and override the override. In fact, that is why Killer Bee was immune to Sasuke's Sharingan. He explained that a jinchuuriki who can control his bijuu is pretty much immune to genjutsu, because they can call on a huge amount of chakra to override the genjutsu's effects.

No, the way to counter genjutsu if you succumb to it is to have another person inject chakra into you. That's what Chiyo explained as a tactic to use against genjutsu users. The reason Killer Bee was immune is because his Bijuu is always present to wake him from genjutsu.

poopdeville
Tue, 11-23-2010, 12:46 PM
No, the way to counter genjutsu if you succumb to it is to have another person inject chakra into you. That's what Chiyo explained as a tactic to use against genjutsu users. The reason Killer Bee was immune is because his Bijuu is always present to wake him from genjutsu.

It doesn't have references, but the Naruto Wikia says:

The first option is for the ninja to stop the flow of chakra in their body, and then apply an even stronger power to disrupt the flow of the caster's chakra; this is called Genjutsu Release (幻術解, Genjutsu Kai). This can also be done by an unaffected ninja by applying a sudden surge of chakra into the affected person. In addition, tailed beasts can break their jinchūriki out of genjutsu in a similar fashion, as seen in Killer Bee's case.

I guess KB's passive defense is better than an active one, but he can still use the active one. In other words, he can try to override the genjutsu himself, but the bijuu is trained to do it for him if he fails.

Assertn
Tue, 11-23-2010, 12:57 PM
If you're talking about a genjutsu on the level of sharingan, then it seems the only way to compete with it in a one on one is to have a matching level of sharingan. (Or, in Deidara's case, train your eye? Still don't get it.) Even Kyubi can be controlled by sharingan, so clearly no amount of pure chakra can counter it.

I still think the reason Killer Bee couldn't be controlled was because his bijuu was not exposed to Sasuke's sharingan in the first place, and therefore was able inject chakra into Bee when he fell into it.

poopdeville
Tue, 11-23-2010, 02:08 PM
The Sharingan complicates things, especially with regards to Izanagi (which seems to work in a totally different way to other genjutsu). Izanagi makes illusions real and vice-versa. It's a dumb, over powered move that doesn't fit the rest of the mythology.

I think the bijuu are weak to the Sharingan. So I agree about KB's bijuu.

But we still have Jiraiya himself explaining:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v29/c259/9.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v29/c259/10.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v29/c259/11.html

All this is a tangent from my initial argument that, in principle, a Senjutsu user could turn people to stone using a genjutsu-like technique of pumping natural energy into the victim.

Sam98034
Wed, 11-24-2010, 03:38 AM
Well, the Sharingan somehow relates to all the tailed beasts. If you recall, the 10 tails or whatever had Sharingans all over the place. So it would be reasonable to assume the Sharingan (and whatever power the first had) was used to control the 10 tails.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 11-24-2010, 07:12 PM
after reading this page Im pretty sure the final showcase showdown with sasuke won't start as off a him vs naruto only. Sasuke will lose cause he doesnt have any friends but only after he puts bee in a genjutsu, cause now he's tasted sweet bee nectar and is ready to taste bee's sweet bee nectar again. Kakashi will probly already have fought off 10 thousand zetsu and is dying in an alley somewhere. Hopefully sasuke kills a bunch of people, but will probly only "kill" them. Ive read this shit forever now people deserve to die in the end they owe it to me

Sam98034
Wed, 11-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Cause now he's tasted sweet bee nectar and is ready to taste bee's sweet bee nectar again.

Was this supposed to be a euphemism for something sexual?