PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 474

Marik
Sat, 11-06-2010, 09:05 PM
yibis - One Piece 474 - 720p (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=37916)
yibis - One Piece 474 - 400p (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=37918)

FUNiSUB - One Piece 474 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=171947)
Aon - One Piece - 474 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=171527)
HorribleSubs - One Piece - 474 - 360p
(http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=171422)

Splash!
Sun, 11-07-2010, 12:32 AM
seems like they upped the animation quality for this episode. Hopefully they can continue with that trend for the upcoming episodes as things finally start to get down.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-07-2010, 06:38 AM
It sure looked badass, but I'm not sure what a bunch of frozen wood chunks is supposed to do to logia users.

The pirates got fucking pounded in this episode though.

I wonder why Bonney was crying?

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 11-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah luffy charging in and confronting the admiral's was badass despite how ineffective it is.

Assertn
Sun, 11-07-2010, 12:38 PM
What, you didn't know that frozen wood hard-counters light, magma, AND ice?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Speaking of the Admirals, I noticed it this week but I could swear they're meant to resemble the rat pack. I always thought Kizaru looked kind of like Sammy Davis Jr(I actually thought he looked like Robert Downy Jr. in Tropic Thunder at first), and that Aikanu looks like Frank Sinatra.

Once I noticed those two, I actually looked up the Rat Pack and I think Aokiji is supposed to be Dean Martin(or at least, they both have big noses).

Sentenal
Sun, 11-07-2010, 04:13 PM
You just know Luffy is out of his league against even one Admiral, let alone all 3, but that doesn't change just how badass it is. I guess at least he can serve as a distraction for the rest of the Pirates to get into the plaza.

Julianlivre
Mon, 11-08-2010, 05:41 AM
don't forget that he got his own "hidden" superpower that will probably show up!!!

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-08-2010, 08:51 PM
don't forget that he got his own "hidden" superpower that will probably show up!!!You mean his Sovereign Haki?

That doesn't really do anything against anyone with any real power level. It doesn't even work on Boa's sisters, I doubt anyone of Vice Admiral or higher is going to be effected by it.

chambers
Tue, 11-09-2010, 12:51 PM
You mean his Sovereign Haki?

That doesn't really do anything against anyone with any real power level. It doesn't even work on Boa's sisters, I doubt anyone of Vice Admiral or higher is going to be effected by it.

Ahh but that would only be correct assuming that Haki as we know it is widespread, certainly none of the strawhats had heard of it before, and nico robin had worked with a sichibukai for years, we also never heard anyone else famous mention it untill recently.

Also remember that the Kuja pirates are "famous" for imbuing there weapons with haki, so it *could* be that haki isnt simply the next level of power ups but something more unique, for example when all the strawhats reunite are we to assume they will all awaken some inner haki or some bullshit, or that there own strengths will simply be enhanced without the aid of plot devices, the latter i hope.

Although i agree that im sure the admirals wont be effected by the haki, its a possibility that they have never even been introduced to, was it the kings disposition they called it on kuja island?

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Ahh but that would only be correct assuming that Haki as we know it is widespread, certainly none of the strawhats had heard of it before, and nico robin had worked with a sichibukai for years, we also never heard anyone else famous mention it untill recently.

Also remember that the Kuja pirates are "famous" for imbuing there weapons with haki, so it *could* be that haki isnt simply the next level of power ups but something more unique, for example when all the strawhats reunite are we to assume they will all awaken some inner haki or some bullshit, or that there own strengths will simply be enhanced without the aid of plot devices, the latter i hope.

Although i agree that im sure the admirals wont be effected by the haki, its a possibility that they have never even been introduced to, was it the kings disposition they called it on kuja island?Well, apparently everyone on Whitebeards crew is familiar with it, because when Shanks used it during their meeting, only the newest guy on the crew even got wobbly.

Or when Raleigh used it in the auction house, most of Kid and Law's crews were able to hold it together.

And those are from two people who supposedly have way more practice with it than Luffy.

Even if the Marines don't know what it is, it's obvious it just doesn't work on powerful people.

Archangel
Tue, 11-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Or when Raleigh used it in the auction house, most of Kid and Law's crews were able to hold it together.

And those are from two people who supposedly have way more practice with it than Luffy.

Even if the Marines don't know what it is, it's obvious it just doesn't work on powerful people.
Chopper survived it too so i think it's safe to assume that wasn't just a random Haki attack, the Dark King only wanted his enemies to fall

I wonder if WB has it too, you'd think it would have come in handy to remove most of the no names out of the battlefield

UChessmaster
Tue, 11-09-2010, 08:16 PM
If Dragon/Shanks is waiting for the most dramatic moment to go and save Luffy`s ass, the moment is now.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Didn't they say Shanks was fighting with one of the other Four Emperors who moved to attack Whitebeard when he started mobilizing against the marines?

Assertn
Wed, 11-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Smoker knew what Haki was when Hancock attacked him. I imagine its been around for a long time, and most of the powerful marines and pirates alike are familiar with it.

@DarthEnder: Shanks is fighting Kaidou

Penner
Wed, 11-10-2010, 05:38 AM
Hmm.. i wonder what Blackbeard and that other sword dude Shiryu(?) over at Impel Down is doing -.-

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Hmm.. i wonder what Blackbeard and that other sword dude Shiryu(?) over at Impel Down is doing -.-Releasing whatever eldrich horror/superweapon is hidden beneath the sixth floor.

Archangel
Wed, 11-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Releasing whatever eldrich horror/superweapon is hidden beneath the sixth floor.
You think they're hiding an atomic bomb next to the world's worst criminals?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-10-2010, 02:34 PM
You think they're hiding an atomic bomb next to the world's worst criminals?I think Impel Down was built to contain something during the Void Century and the Marines just co-opted it as a prison because it's a ridiculously secure building.

I don't think the WG knows it's down there. Just like I don't think they know that the whatever it is in the Florian Triangle is in the Florian Triangle.

Marik
Wed, 11-10-2010, 02:35 PM
yibis - One Piece 474 - 720p (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=37916)
yibis - One Piece 474 - 400p (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=37918)

chambers
Thu, 11-11-2010, 09:54 AM
If Dragon/Shanks is waiting for the most dramatic moment to go and save Luffy`s ass, the moment is now.

you have **NO** idea ha ha, i love reading this section because there are still questions you can raise and ask and also peoples reactions and thoughts are just quality.

While i do tend to lean towards the thought that haki is well known, people cite smokers attack by hancock as a reason why, but smoker didnt know what hit him at that time, if its that well known to be hit by it on the battlefield containing the 2 largest superpowers shouldnt have even been a question, smoker should have expected it from the start.

one things for sure though, things will get worse for everyone before they get better

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-11-2010, 10:18 AM
It's ambigous enough, no spoiler there. And no need to discuss it here nor to quote the section. Reporting the post is enough.

Assertn
Thu, 11-11-2010, 09:55 PM
While i do tend to lean towards the thought that haki is well known, people cite smokers attack by hancock as a reason why, but smoker didnt know what hit him at that time, if its that well known to be hit by it on the battlefield containing the 2 largest superpowers shouldnt have even been a question, smoker should have expected it from the start.

Didn't the first thing Smoker say was, "this must be the Kuja's haki."?

Tofu #2
Fri, 11-12-2010, 02:06 AM
I think Impel Down was built to contain something during the Void Century and the Marines just co-opted it as a prison because it's a ridiculously secure building.

I don't think the WG knows it's down there. Just like I don't think they know that the whatever it is in the Florian Triangle is in the Florian Triangle.

This sounds like a sci-fi/horror movie plot.

chambers
Fri, 11-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Didn't the first thing Smoker say was, "this must be the Kuja's haki."?

hmm although im certainly not well known for my memory i could have sworn his reaction was utter shock at being hit then realisation of the kujas haki. Its interesting to note he specifically refered to it as KUJA haki, and not just haki also.

Kraco
Fri, 11-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Its interesting to note he specifically refered to it as KUJA haki, and not just haki also.

Seeing how the one attacking was the famous empress of the Kuja islanders, referring to it as Kuja haki isn't so strange. It only suggests Kuja warriors are well-known for employing such a technique.

boilerph
Sat, 11-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Chopper survived it too so i think it's safe to assume that wasn't just a random Haki attack, the Dark King only wanted his enemies to fall

Rayleigh flat out says he hit Kid and Laws crew with the blast and they took with only Law's weakest member feeling dizzy. http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-504/page012.html

Obviously the intensity can be controlled but if Luffy can even stun 3 Admirals at once with an undodgable AOE at this point then they might as well wrap it all up. That would mean Shanks or Hancock could wipe out the entire Marine force up to Admiral by themselves.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Obviously the intensity can be controlled but if Luffy can even stun 3 Admirals at once with an undodgable AOE at this point then they might as well wrap it all up. That would mean Shanks or Hancock could wipe out the entire Marine force up to Admiral by themselves.Unless Luffy's in inexplicably more powerful that anyone elses without any training. Which wouldn't be unheard of for a shounen hero.