PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 02

Inazuma
Mon, 11-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Yep, it's right there : Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 02 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=169799)

Enjoy
Okay quality and subs

Yukimura
Thu, 11-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Has anyone had success muxing the subs provided into the mkv? Is that even possible with a .sub/.idx pair?

Apparently I have and it is.

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-05-2010, 11:21 AM
it played allright when i got the files in the same folder.

thought this episode was a little weak on action outside of Full Frontal kicking ass. wanted the battle with him and Banagher to be a bit more exciting.

the tension was high though, and i enjoyed how Mineva/Audrey faced the hostage situation. i also am surprised that i'm enjoying Full Frontal so much. i wasn't such a big fan of Char in Zeta Gundam, but what they're doing with this guy is right down my alley (and if he's new, well, he's even awesomer) I really thought the scene where he met Banagher and took off his mask was the best one in the episode

the Feddies aren't incompetent. looks like if they had wanted to bring the hammer down on Neo Zeon factions, they could have a long time ago. but now that everything's gone sour, it looks like we're in for some more major action.

i have no idea what Riddhe's deal is, aside from being from the family of the first president of (the guy at the start of episode 1) feel he's going to turn out on Zeon's side by the time this is all over, but it's just a hunch.

EpyonNext
Sat, 11-06-2010, 02:32 AM
I dont think you're doing the episode justice by saying it's light on the action. The action was simply jam packed into the Full Frontal encounter, and was probably the most intense mech fighting I have ever seen. Overall I loved the episode. I just hope it can keep up the awesome for the next 4 eps.

vejita613
Sat, 11-06-2010, 05:30 AM
Restating what I said in the previous thread:

Overall, I'm not as impressed as I was in Episode 1. Fight scenes were OK, but feels like they were rushed. And the references to the original series were a bit too obvious. On the plus side, the soundtrack was incredible as always. I've listened to Full Frontals track before and loved it, but seeing it applied to the animation is a real treat. I need to go back and listen to the entire album again to find other songs that I heard and liked.

I got the Master Grade Unicorn Gundam when it was first released and was extremely disappointed. Since then, I've tried to steer clear of the other releases such as the revised Unicorn and Sinanju (although I really want the ReZEL). Watching Sinanju in action makes me want to reconsider.

EpyonNext
Sun, 11-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I am curious about one thing. If FF is supposed to be Char, wouldn't he be pushing 70 at this point?

Illrenmazou
Mon, 11-08-2010, 02:33 AM
^His Identity will be explained later on. It's under the "major spoiler category" actually.

Marik
Tue, 11-09-2010, 06:56 PM
BSS - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn - 02 - 1080p (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Unicorn_-_02_%5B1080p%5D%5B1A74EC60%5D.mkv.torrent) | 720p (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Unicorn_-_02_%5B720p%5D%5BE05AEDDD%5D.mkv.torrent)

DDL: 1080p (http://dicks.gundam.eu/downloads/%5BBSS%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Unicorn_-_02_%5B1080p%5D%5B1A74EC60%5D.mkv) | 720p (http://dicks.gundam.eu/downloads/%5BBSS%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Unicorn_-_02_%5B720p%5D%5BE05AEDDD%5D.mkv)

Episode 03 will be released on March 18, 2011.

Mizukithepanda
Fri, 11-12-2010, 12:17 PM
I am curious about one thing. If FF is supposed to be Char, wouldn't he be pushing 70 at this point?

Technically this only takes place three years after Char's Counterattack, so, if he were alive, he'd be about 36 or so.

(And hot damn has it been a long time since I've posted here. Last post I made was literally four years and one day ago. ._.)

Kraco
Fri, 11-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I feel like this second ep had sufficiently action, considering the main character doesn't yet even know whom to work for and why (making it hard for him to really go out and fight). I suppose he would be willing to work for his girl but he certainly has no idea what she is doing.

I found Banagher a bit annoying, though. Maybe I just don't remember the first ep so well anymore but was he so childish in it? I really wish he decides soon what he wants and then goes for it. He has barely any friends so he can't grow up by seeing them die for a cause (and Audrey is the last person I'd want to see dead in this show) and learning from it but there must be something that could push his buttons and get his cogs rolling.

Mizukithepanda
Fri, 11-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Honestly, I find that Banagher fits into the typical Gundam-Hero mold. He's annoying, childish, and needlessly whiny/emo, but with the help of someone who has mastered the Brightslap (who'll hopefully show up sooner or later...), he'll learn to become a "man". After all, even if this was penned by someone else, it's still UC, and that's just the way it goes. :/

Personally, I want to see more of Marida. It's been a long time since ZZ, and even if the originals are gone, seeing her still alive and nowhere near as annoying as her younger counterparts is really damn nice.

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-12-2010, 03:10 PM
you both bring up good points. i don't think Banagher was any more grown up in the first episode. I think it's just that now that he has a Gundam, and is has more power/options in these dilemmas because of it, that we have different expectations for him all of a sudden. And when he's surrounded by determined, hard fighting people like FF, Audrey and even Armando, he seems childish and naive in comparison.

it would be interesting if FF ended up serving as Banagher's mentor / "I'mma make you into a man, boy!" character. Don't think there's ever been a Gundam that focused on a character switching sides so early on, not the Gundam piloting male lead, at least.

i actually hope they don't bring in too many more characters. there's already a lot, and i'd rather see them developed than just have an episodic character-swapping carousel...

Kraco
Fri, 11-12-2010, 03:26 PM
True enough. Although it doesn't change the basic fact it's precisely that he has the Gundam now that he needs to decide what to do with it. It's his prerogative, of course, though. But seeing how he was in the first two eps, I now wish he would meet Audrey again. Clearly he needs somebody to tell him the consequences of doing something and especially not doing anything.

Somebody to teach him fighting would also be jolly good. A lot better than simply kicking ass with a superior machine yet with little skills. Luckily the latter didn't even happen in this ep.

EpyonNext
Sat, 11-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Technically this only takes place three years after Char's Counterattack, so, if he were alive, he'd be about 36 or so.

(And hot damn has it been a long time since I've posted here. Last post I made was literally four years and one day ago. ._.)

Ty for explaining that, I was under the impression that a significant amount of time had passed between CC and Unicorn.

masamuneehs
Sat, 11-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Somebody to teach him fighting would also be jolly good. A lot better than simply kicking ass with a superior machine yet with little skills. Luckily the latter didn't even happen in this ep.

i thought it was shown in this episode that Banagher was trained how to pilot when he was a little boy? or at least how to handle the Unicorn's special program / stress. since most kids his age seem to know the basics of operating a mech (kinda like driving a car in the UC time line), I got the impression from episode 2 that almost nobody could teach much about the Unicorn to Banagher. he'd do well to learn some more about combat, of course, but i thought the "He was raised to pilot as a child" thing was a sign they weren't going to really go down the "Pupil" plot path.

totally agree with you on the point before this. i think this love-interest plot with Audrey and Banagher is set up nicely so they can both teach each other something. at least, i much prefer that to one-sided "Character A falls in love with B and adopts B's ideals/goals as A's own." That seems to be an all too common setup for love plots in Japanese stuff...

Kraco
Sat, 11-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Hmm... You could indeed be correct. And of course he knows a whole lot of piloting - otherwise he would have lost immediately to Char. Whether he knows as much about fighting is an altogether different thing. You'd think so, since those are fighting machines and nothing else, and so if he was taught to pilot one, it would be integral to know how to fight in one as well. Maybe it's just going to be a matter of getting used to it and gaining actual experience instead of simulated one or whatever those flashback were all about.

Illrenmazou
Sun, 11-14-2010, 05:00 AM
Episode 3 Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfoMLF8kwF4)

Fuck yeah Delta Plus! Atmospheric battles! And some "Naked in Space" scenes! :p

Yukimura
Mon, 11-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Wow, it seems interacting with other pilots in androgynous nudity in the astral plane really has become a staple of the Gundam franchise. I thought UC would be able to resist that particular taint but I guess not. Still, it looks like more awesome action is yet to come and Banager is going to school Marida some more in how to lose.

Chiodos
Wed, 12-29-2010, 07:59 AM
I'm just happy if this doesn't happen..

Everyone gets SSJ Mega Gundams
And Newtypes > All.

Also, the character setup reminds me of Gundam Seed D:..

Illrenmazou
Fri, 01-07-2011, 04:07 AM
Episode 3 Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgURfHYyLRw&feature=sub)

EpyonNext
Sat, 01-08-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm seein' a lot of weapons getting destroyed/arms getting cut off in that trailer.

Unicorn, you are now suspect.

magdi
Sun, 01-16-2011, 11:41 PM
I am so glad that you have provided the link here for the Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 02! I was searching for it for quite some time. The quality is OK! I would give it 7 out of 10 for video and 8 out of 10 for audio. And thanks for the subs!

Inazuma
Tue, 02-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Unicorn ep 03 shouldn't be too long now anyone got the release date ? I couldn't find it.

Marik
Tue, 02-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Unicorn ep 03 shouldn't be too long now anyone got the release date ? I couldn't find it.

It'll be on PSN March 5th and Blu-ray March 18th.

Edit: Scratch that second part. Blu-ray released got delayed.

According to the official blog of Oguro Yuichiro, the chief editor of Anime Style, the release of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Blu-ray & DVD volume 3 was postponed until April 7th. It was previously announced to be released on March 18th. Bandai explained the reason that they have received unexpectedly large number of pre-orders and it has become difficult to secure the production lines.

The special premiere at the theaters and the pay-streaming on PlayStaion Network will be available from March 5th as scheduled. According to the official twitter, the limited sales of the blu-ray at the theaters has barely got the green light. The number of the discs to be sold at the theaters are still remained to be determined.

Illrenmazou
Fri, 02-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Episode 3 - First 8 minutes (http://www.56.com/u26/v_NTg0MjI2ODc.html)
No English dub yet.

Marik
Wed, 02-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Gundam UC #3's 8 Dubbed Minutes (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/video/11874)

ANN began streaming the first eight English-dubbed minutes from Bandai Entertainment's release of the third Mobile Suit Gundam UC episode on Tuesday. The third episode will be available for on-demand streaming on March 5, followed by the Blu-ray Disc release on April 7.

Here's a YouTube link Mobile Suit Gundam UC episode 3" 8-Minute Streaming (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbHpLwuH858&feature=feedu)

vejita613
Sat, 03-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Just so everyone knows, episode 3 is now available on XBL and supposedly PSN, but from what I understand, people are having some kind of trouble with it. But, I just watched it on XBL, and it was pretty good.

Harima Kenji
Sat, 03-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Is it subbed or dubbed? (regardless, I doubt us europeans can see it)

vejita613
Sat, 03-05-2011, 06:43 PM
XBL is dubbed. I know not everyone likes dubbed, but I've always found Gundam dubs to be tolerable at best. I have no idea with PSN.

And actually I think its supposed to be worldwide. I'd give it a check, especially if you have XBL.