PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Winter 2010/11

Marik
Sat, 10-23-2010, 08:47 PM
http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/winter-1011s.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/winter-1011.jpg)

animus
Sat, 10-23-2010, 08:49 PM
What a weak line up.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-23-2010, 09:09 PM
More Kimi no Todoke is welcome, but overall, I agree with animus. Very weak.

- I'm very surprised Hourou Musuko will get an anime, but I really doubt I'll watch it.

- Beelzebub is a fun series, but I don't see myself watching the anime.

- The only thing that might be interesting is the the comedy series about a Lovecraft Old One disguised as a little girl harassing a high school student.

The rest of the series fall into the same tired format of, "student X transfers to Academy Y, mysterious/amazing things happen".

shinta|hikari
Sat, 10-23-2010, 09:57 PM
More Mitsudomoe. Awesome. More Kimi ni Todoke is great too.

Beelzebub anime conversion is very premature. Nothing much has happened in the manga.

I'm glad Horou Musuko got an anime, but I wonder how far they will cover?

RyougaZell
Sat, 10-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Wow... if it wasn't for Mitsudomoe Season 2... I wouldn't be interested in any of this lineup.

Kraco
Sun, 10-24-2010, 02:57 AM
For the first time for as long as I can remember I have to admit a season looks weak. There are a couple of shows in addition to the obvious Kimi ni Todoke s2 I'll certainly check out, like the Cthulhu one, but otherwise it might turn out to be a bit sparse.

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-24-2010, 04:43 AM
i don't think i'll be watching a single one of these

MFauli
Sun, 10-24-2010, 05:34 AM
What a weak line up.

that what i keep saying since years :/

also, isnt that one showßs title "Gothic", rather than Gosick?
and lol, wtf is that one shows name, "Regarding my brother, I really hate him" ? awesome title...not.

Marik
Sun, 10-24-2010, 05:41 AM
also, isnt that one showßs title "Gothic", rather than Gosick?

No. it's actually GOSICK. (http://www.gosick.tv/)

KrayZ33
Sun, 10-24-2010, 06:34 AM
not a single one I'd like to watch
oh god this is going to be a boooring winter.

seems like I'll have to rewatch stuff.

Pandadice
Sun, 10-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Maybe Gosick?
Fractale is the noitamina? yeah, definitely that one.
Wolverine is worth one episode just to laugh at the ridiculous character designs.
Not sure why they've got Iron Vendetta on there.. Thought the announcement was the first ep would release sometime in 2010, but I guess they must've had another one saying winter 2011.. Anyways, that'll be incredible, even if it is only one ep. trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRUeyUQOEyU). I hope it actually comes out though.
Hourou Musuko could be interesting.
maybe kimi ni todoke 2

vejita613
Sun, 10-24-2010, 09:47 AM
I think this is the first time I'm watching more OVAs than actual series.

SamuraiOdin
Sun, 10-24-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't really read Manga, so I can't tell if any of these will be good based on that, but based purely on descriptions I'll probably give the following at least 1 episode (after all, even the most generic anime can be good if done well):

The Cthulu One
Dragon Crisis
Beelzebub
GOSICK
Kore wa Zombie desu ka

I'm on the fence about Danball Senki, as I know nothing about it, except it's based on a game (an RPG at that)... could be good, could be bad.

KrayZ33
Sun, 10-24-2010, 04:25 PM
whats that Ah! My goddess thingy

"OAD" or something like that
what does it mean

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-24-2010, 04:54 PM
OAD = Original Animation Disc

Pandadice
Sun, 10-24-2010, 08:50 PM
OAD is some alternative naming of OVA/OAV. I believe it's used when the OVA in question is a bonus dvd releasing with a manga or something... It's an OVA.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-25-2010, 02:02 AM
Want to watch:

Fractale
AMG
Fafner
Kara no Kyoukai
Supernatural
Angel Beats Epilogue

Interested in:

Gosick
Hourou Musuko
Dragon Crisis

Somewhat interested:

IS
Yumekui Merry

Marik
Tue, 12-21-2010, 10:24 AM
17 New Titles Starting in January (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2010-12-21/list-of-winter-2011-tv-anime-in-japan)

MFauli
Tue, 12-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Ugh...

Well, slightly interested in Infinite Stratos, though besides the mech- and scifi-stuff, it sounds like a potential harem-anime, which...we dont need anymore of :/

Level E sounds interesting, but could turn out either way. Guess at least one episode will be watched.

Anyone know if Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!! actually goes into full incest-fantasies or not? Not interested in another teasing, either go full sick or dont make an anime about it :D

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Still not interested in this next season. Only Mitsudomoe S2.

Guess its time to finally catch up with several series I never had the time to start/finish. Like Clannad S2 and Durarara...

Kraco
Tue, 12-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Doesn't seem to be any extraordinary season, but I wouldn't yet call it a disaster either. I'll probably check out at least:

Fractale (because Kana Hanazawa plays the main girl)
Freezing (because it looks like it's based on a manhwa)
GOSICK (no reason)
Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season

Infinite Stratos might not be bad, but arbitrary only women (or more rare only men have always been instant turnoffs for me). And why the heck does the dude need to be a "shy, unassuming boy" anyway? Why can't he be like Kyon, Tomoya, or Kazuma... You know, humorous, interesting, and sarcastic when needed.

Ryllharu
Tue, 12-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Freezing is absolutely on my watch list.

Solid cast, the promotional character designs look great (since it's coming from an Dal-Young Lim series, I might be worried it would get simplified), and the plot is pretty strong. It is like a screwed up RahXephon, biomechanical Bubblegum Crisis, serious Mai-Otome.

Fractale and Kimi ni Todoke are also on the list, but that's really about it. The rest will be pick up as we go.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Freezing, Fractale, GOSICK and IS get promoted to "watching" now. I haven't bothered to review the list, so I'll leave it as before minus the above changes:

Want to watch:

Fractale
AMG
Fafner
Kara no Kyoukai
Supernatural
Angel Beats Epilogue

Interested in:

Gosick
Hourou Musuko
Dragon Crisis

Somewhat interested:

IS
Yumekui Merry

Dark Dragon
Tue, 12-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Ditto on Beelzebub's anime being way too early. Freezing is ok, but it's not really one of my preferred series from Lim Dal- Young,

Planning to try:

Gosick
Level E
Dragon Crisis
Beelzebub
Freezing

masamuneehs
Tue, 12-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Fractale might be interesting. can't say i'll actually watch it, but i'll certainly read up on if people think it's any good after a few episodes.

ditto Level E, but on a much shorter leash since amnesia + scifi tends to run a pretty standard storyline course in most anime.

GOSICK looks pretty lolitacular, but i'm going to be craving some good Horror/Suspense once Shiki comes to an end.

was considerably happier with this updated list, but nothing struck me as "THIS WILL BE INCREDIBLE!" hopefully some of these will be a bit more thoughtful than the standard fare.

Pandadice
Tue, 12-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Freezing looks like it'll be the next queens blade/Qwaser type title imo :\

I haven't watched anything seasonally since last Winter season (when the line-up was so bad it literally just killed my interest in watching new shows). But I might check out some when they're finished.

Fractale is definitely at the top.
Maybe Hourou Musuko. Not sure about the content, but visually it looks interesting enough that I'll check it out.
Maybe Gosick.. Not real sure on it though..
Infinite Stratos doesn't really interest me. But it's being done by this 8 Bit studio? First, that is an awesome studio name. and second, this is like their first big solo production, so it might be cool to check out just for that.
Level E could be interesting if it isn't too BL-ish.
Maybe Kimi ni Todoke 2, and Wolverines worth 1 episode
(this post isn't very different from my previous one O_o)

Dark Dragon
Tue, 12-21-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm usually pretty optimistic when it comes to these lists, but even i have to admit that this season looks pretty lackluster.

Freezing isn't as bad as queen blade, since there's actually a pretty decent story around all the fan service. There is A LOT of fan service since the author style is similar to Oh! Great, however he seems to actually knows what's he doing so his works usually turn out pretty decent. Kurokami, his last work to get animated got completely butchered though so i'm hoping that doesn't happen here.

I'm pretty happy that his works is getting animated. There are plenty of good korean manhwa that deserves to get animated. Anything that get me a step closer to seeing an ID anime is a good thing.

Marik
Sat, 12-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Random Curiosity's Winter Preveiw (http://randomc.net/2010/12/25/winter-2011-preview/)

Edit: I didn't notice that Dark Dragon had already posted this since the thread wasn't bumped.

Definites

Kimi ni Todoke S2
Moshidora
Freezing
Infinite Stratos

Maybes

Dragon Crisis!
Yumekui Merry

Dark Dragon
Sat, 12-25-2010, 11:21 PM
After reading the previews:

Definite:

Moshidora - Baseball, Slice-of-life and Production IG? yes please! My only worry is that it's only 10 episodes.
Fractale - I really like what i'm seeing with the promo videos. A Series where the director promise to quit if it's not good. If he's willing to put his job on the line, the least i can do is watch his work.
Beelzebub - I've been re-reading the manga. As far as shounen action/comedy goes, this stuff is top notch. Oga voice actor is Katsuyuki Konishi who was Kamina in TTGL. Despite it being a really early adaptation, i see no reason to not enjoy this series.
Infinite Stratos - World ruled by women, giant mecha and a ridiculously large harem. This series has quite a bit in common with Isekai no Seikishi. If the main character is even 1/10 as badass as Kenshi, there's an enjoyable series to be had. I also didn't know the studio for this is the same one who worked on Macross Fronter, i'm fully expecting some amazing high speed mech battles now.

Maybes:

Gosick- It looks interesting, but the promo really doesn't tell me much aside from the death of many rabbits. I really hope Masa is not right about this series being loli-centric. At least i can count on Bones doing a good job.
Dragon Crisis! - It looks very bland. The promo didn't really show me anything that really makes me want to watch it. I'll just approach this with very low expectations and hope for the best.
Level E - The goods - 1) Created by Togashi when he was still writing good stuff and not leaving work to go on crimes fighting spree (i'm assuming) 2) The promo looks great and having some gag will makes this series quite a bit more enjoyable for me. The not so good - I'm wary of anything animated by Studio Pierrot, but they did do some great work with Letter Bee so i'll remain hopeful.

RyougaZell
Sat, 12-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Ok, with RandomC's list now I got a list.

Definite watches:

- Infinite Stratos
- Freezing
- Gosick
- Moshidora

Maybe (needs to watch 1 or 2 episodes first to decide whether to continue or not):

- Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
- Fractale

Pandadice
Sun, 12-26-2010, 01:09 AM
oh yeah lol, Moshidora. It's the one with the plot of the Banksy simpsons episode xD.

and Tailenders, is that coming out winter season? cool, it looks sick. looks like a redline ripoff, but still sick.

no news on the ova list about Iron Vendetta... :(

oyabun
Wed, 12-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Kimi ni Todoke S2 And Mitsudomoe for me. Lets just hope there's a dark horse in the next season's